The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I want to tell you that it is just nasty in the basement; even with the dehumidifier running full-tilt, it is muggy and sticky. Til I get started on my second mile, I am awash in sweat from my head down to my toes. I am close to being able to wring my t-shirt out. Ew. Rick came down this morning to kiss me good-bye and even he had to think twice, the snot.

Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12 of 12 hours with 300+ steps
15,158 steps for the day = 7.18 miles

Tuesday -
2 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 300+ steps (I was on the mower for an hour, darn it, and thus no actual steps)
12,457 steps for the day = 5.9 miles

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I found out about a gym a mile away from my house for $25 a month-gonna check it out. it's 24 hr one too. And hopefully they let you keep it cooler in there. When I am on a bike I sweat like a pig and same when lifting weights-get that old sweat mark on my front/back.

So far I tried walking superfast yesterday and not too much discomfort-I have to wait another day=normally takes 3 days to show up=the metal inserts helping keep my foot from bending and resting that joint where it bends when you walk. I still take Aleve so maybe it's working-hard to say.

I plan on hitting the bike after work at the gym-wish they didn't get rid of the spinner bike-I much prefer that setup=the handlebars and measurements are adjustable=where that stationary one is not a good fit-the seat is TOO close to the handlebars and hurts my back-the one you sit down in is too hot-the backrest makes me sweat more-and doesn't feel natural with my feet out in front of me....I sure miss riding a real bike-I got one-but keep forgetting to get tires pumped up and have to move stuff in the office to get it out. I really miss having a garage!!

I swam Sunday and yesterday. Yesterday was a short 10 minutes but sunday I think it was an hour of swimming and jumping in the water-another thing I miss! My inground pool~~ so many possibilities for workouts!

Keep up the good work ladies and Gents!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I break into a sweat just walking to the bus stop these days. :lol:

It's so muggy here. Good news is that the monsoon season is on it's way out.

I did 90 minutes of yoga and a one hour walk on Monday.

Tuesday was 90 minutes of yoga, a 30 minute run and then about an hour of weeding and collecting dead wood in the cats enclosure.

I slept with the fan on that night and my neck was not happy about it the next morning. I did an hour of slow flow yoga, working on lots of neck and shoulder stretches, but still had to resort to a couple of pain killers before I went to work.

A pain in the neck is such a pain in the neck!

90 minutes of yoga so far today. I might go for a run if it's not raining too hard later.

Hope that new gym works out foxxycat foxxycat .

Your basement sounds very uncomfortable Winchester Winchester Do you have a fan on while you walk?

Do you get the monsoon too tabbytom tabbytom ? That must make for some very wet bike rides.

How are you doing jtbo jtbo ?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have a dehumidifier in the basement and I try to remember to dump it at night, so it's still running OK in the morning. We have a bilevel, so the basement is half in the ground and half out. It's just really humid in the summer. The only fans I run are the fans from the treadmill itself. I keep saying that we should buy a few fans, not only for the basement, but also for the upstairs. We have a fan in one of our bedroom windows, but then we usually awaken with sinus problems.

Wednesday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
15,277 steps for the day = 7.23 miles

Excellent work foxxycat foxxycat and Norachan Norachan .

Where are you, jtbo jtbo ?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Do you get the monsoon too tabbytom tabbytom ? That must make for some very wet bike rides.
We are hit twice a year. June to September is the SW Monsoon, which is now and the NE Monsoon starts somewhere late November till February.

Good thing is that we don't have typhoons here as we are not in the path of those speedy winds.

Well, I love riding both in dry and wet weather, never ever took cover :lol:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's highest temperature outdoors was 8C (46F), it's warmest month of the summer, you can't beat that I guess, ROFL

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
46 degrees and that's your warmest summer month? Holy crap! I won't complain about our 90-degree temperatures (well, yeah, I will).

tabbytom tabbytom , I can't imagine biking in monsoons!

Thursday -
15,041 steps for the day = 7.23 miles

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I went horse riding in a monsoon today.

:lol:

I rode the pony stallion, Ebisu Maru. He's just back from stud duty and he's very feisty, in spite of the heat. We rode in hot sunshine for about 30 minutes and then suddenly it started pouring. We were deep in the forest by that time, no point trying to head back home or take cover. We got soaked but it was quite nice. It cooled us all down so we could have some nice long canters on the way back.

I was covered in mud by the end of it. Mud on my face, mud in my hair, mud all down my neck and in my shirt, even mud in my ears.

That was fun!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well, I went horse riding in a monsoon today.

I was covered in mud by the end of it. Mud on my face, mud in my hair, mud all down my neck and in my shirt, even mud in my ears.

That was fun!
Yea! That's the fun for riding in the rain and mud IMG_2954.GIF

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
46 degrees and that's your warmest summer month? Holy crap! I won't complain about our 90-degree temperatures (well, yeah, I will).

tabbytom tabbytom , I can't imagine biking in monsoons!

Thursday -
15,041 steps for the day = 7.23 miles
It should be a lot warmer, but we have had very cold summer so far, but today we got to 62F which was nice heat for a while.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I rode a bike
upload_2017-7-9_17-49-44.png

Then I ate and jogged some intervals
upload_2017-7-9_17-50-6.png

Heartrate was bit insane, normally maximum is 165 and now it did go to over 180 and I did not push 100% for that.

Vein in my neck started hurting again when jogging, I wish it fails soon so my hell would end, but no hope, it (life) is eternal torture for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
jtbo jtbo , what is wrong with the vein in your neck? Is that related to your shoulder, do you think?

Friday -
15,061 steps for the day - 7.37 miles

Saturday - We went to an outlet center and did some walking there, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. We took friends with us and my GF does not like to walk, so I had to drive her from area to area as she wouldn't walk very far at all. Because I had to drive her, I didn't get the steps in that I wanted.

7,115 steps - 3.37 miles

Sunday -
2 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 300+ steps (I was on the riding lawnmower for a while, so no steps)
11,108 steps for the day - 5.35 miles

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
sorry you are still having trouble with pain Norachan Norachan

I still resting my foot-yesterday layed down all day. Today it's throbbing again-put the metal inserts back in boots-I walked on Saturday without them-and looks like it's bothering the joint in my big toe so I have debated going to the gym this week. I am going to try 15 min on the bike tonight after stopping at the post office. I was told to take aleve=yeah right. I got some turmeric/black pepper and been taking that at night..seems to help but doesn't take it totally away.

Today I am standing in place quite a bit to stop sitting down all day. So far kind of sore=I will sit down this afternoon after my lunchtime jam. Gonna do squats and steps in place. I really miss my lunchtime sweat sessions. I miss walking down to the river and the wind in my hair. it's way too hot out today 85!

Norachan Norachan That sounds like you had fun in the mud!! That's how I felt after getting back from 4 wheeling last Sunday and Tuesday-streaks of mud on my leg and arm facing outward. The rain must have felt good if it was hot. nothing wrong with a mud bath! It's actually good for the skin! Ride On!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo , what is wrong with the vein in your neck? Is that related to your shoulder, do you think?
Oh, it's just carotid artery acting up, it started that last winter when I ate 2 pounds of chocolate in a day for many many days, nothing to worry about, death will occur just sooner.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, it's just carotid artery acting up, it started that last winter when I ate 2 pounds of chocolate in a day for many many days, nothing to worry about, death will occur just sooner.
:spew:You have a very stoic view of life and death jtbo jtbo As long as I outlive my cats I'll be content.

I'm feeling a bit guilty about not getting out for any runs this week. I'm not a morning person, the middle of the day is too hot and by the time it cools down in the evening I have to start work.

Today though, today I will go for a run as I don't have any students until 7 pm.

:hyper:

I've been doing 90 minutes of yoga faithfully every day and I walked for an hour and did an hour gardening on Sunday. My necks feeling a lot better thanks foxxycat foxxycat I tried some cautious headstands again yesterday and it feels fine this morning.

Keep going everyone.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
15,321 steps for the day = 7.25 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:spew:You have a very stoic view of life and death jtbo jtbo As long as I outlive my cats I'll be content.
How would you? They have 9 lives versus your only one :D

I was supposed to ride a bike today, but I did not, however I have managed to eat more properly for few days, problem is that my weight is skyrocketing upwards, like 2 pounds in 3 days, despite I'm having a deficit, for this month I have 54% deficit and absolutely zero weight change, might need more exercise.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I received the Russian Railway badge re Fitbit! 5,772 miles (I've walked since June 22, 2013) is the length of the Trans-Siberian Railway. Yay me!

Tuesday -
14,064 steps for the day = 6.66 miles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
15,099 steps for the day = 7.15 miles

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How would you? They have 9 lives versus your only one :D
You're right! I didn't think of that

I received the Russian Railway badge re Fitbit! 5,772 miles (I've walked since June 22, 2013) is the length of the Trans-Siberian Railway. Yay me!
Oh, well done!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I went for that run on Tuesday but it nearly killed me. Even at 6 pm it's still to hot to do more than a slow shuffle.

Wednesday I did an hour of yoga and then 30 minutes on my bike.
Thursday 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk. I sweat as much walking in the afternoon as I do running in the evening.

Today I rode my bike for an hour then did an hour of slow flow, deep stretch yoga.

Status
Not open for further replies.