Young Cat
Purraise
she started to eat but not poop

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A prolapsed anus could certainly part of the problem. That's when part of the bowel comes out of the rectum. A picture would really help us to help you.
i searcehd that on google and the image that poped looks exactly like my cat's anus

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
diana2018 diana2018 please post a picture of your cat's butt (the red thing) in case some members can help you. That's good news she's eating, but she needs to be able to poop. I'm really worried about your cat.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
diana2018 diana2018 please post a picture of your cat's butt (the red thing) in case some members can help you. That's good news she's eating, but she needs to be able to poop. I'm really worried about your cat.
ok when my cat returns home i'll do that fast

BonitaBaby

Alpha Cat
Purraise
i searcehd that on google and the image that poped looks exactly like my cat's anus
Okay. Can you put on a plastic glove and maybe try pushing it back in like the other thread mentioned the vet told her to do? Maybe wait for other members' suggestions first.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
btw guys we found a vet but the medical cost is kinda too expensive i told the vet guy i'd only pay for the treatment and there's no need for check up cause that's gonna cost more but he said even if i already know what's wrong with the cat the vet guy should still examine so he knows how to treat it . so idk is my cat gonna be okay

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay. Can you put on a plastic glove and maybe try pushing it back in like the other thread mentioned the vet told her to do? Maybe wait for other members' suggestions first.
omg really?? can i do that?!!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not experienced with this, either, but I've been a frequent sufferer of hemorrhoids. Based on that, I am thinking the glove and Vaseline might do the trick. Use plenty of Vaseline so the glove doesn't stick to the lining of the anus and then gently push the red part back in. It may pop out again if she poops and you will have to do it again. But, this is better than nothing. Feed her soft food for a while so the stool doesn't get hard.

BonitaBaby

Alpha Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut is definitely right. I looked up prolapsed anus and this popped up. IF it is even this, a vet needs to identify the cause and treat it after diagnosing what's with your cat. Sorry for my bad suggestions before. Can you pay the vet on a payment plan?

"A rectal prolapse is the extrusion (pushing out) of the inner layers of the rectum through the anus. It is often a result of straining to defecate, urinate, or give birth. Diseases causing straining in a kitten, such as constipation, parasites, or diarrhea, may cause a displacement or protrusion of the rectum.
Rectal Prolapse (Protruding Rectum) in the Cat | PetCoach"

BonitaBaby

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, if not treated: "As a result, severe illness will develop, followed within several days, by death. The extruded portion of the anus can also be abraded or injured."

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat's caregiver is 16 years old and cannot drive. Her mother refuses to take the cat to the vet or to let the cat come in the house.

Yes, the cat will die if nothing is done.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is terrible, and much larger than I expected. This obstructs the bowel, and the cat will die if something is not done right away about it. Tell your mother she HAS to take the cat to the vet. It is too large for you to try to push back in.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is bad, this is very bad. I agree with DreamerRose and I will also note, if you or your family cannot afford the treatment or surgery which I am assuming will need to be done for an issue this large, kindly consider putting the cat to sleep. Its not an easy choice by any means but it would prevent her needlessly suffering and suffer she will if she doesn't receive help. I'm just so sorry you are in this position.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is nothing short of animal cruelty to not treat your cat. Please, take her somewhere for help. She will die a horrible death.

BonitaBaby

Alpha Cat
Purraise
diana2018 diana2018 I'm so sad for your cat. Can you try letting the vet know your situation and ask if he will please give you a discount? If not, can you pay him on a payment plan? Can your family members help you pay? Can you try to raise money online like a GoFundMe? Post the pictures and explain where you are and your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.