Prolapsed Anus. Help!

Thatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I rescued a kitten and she is now 10 weeks old. She had surgery to correct a prolapsed anus on June 12th. Surgery went well. She's been home since June 18th. She's been eating really well (wet food the vet gave us). Since yesterday I've been mixing in a new wet food. She doesn't drink water so I mix her wet food with water. Her poop has been not solid but not liquid... Kinda like toothpaste. When she poops you kinda hear some farting sounds(?) at first. She poops 1-2 times a day. Anyway, a few minutes ago she pooped and I went to clean her butt like I always do and her anus was out. It looks like a red cheerio on her butt (it wasn't as bad as when we got her). The vet said I could use gloves, Vaseline, and push it back in... I did and it went in. During all of this she was still playful and had no signs of pain. I'm going to take her to the vet asap on Monday. I'm so worried.

-Tips for getting her to drink water?
-Will she be ok? Need another surgery?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t have experience of anything like this but if your kitten is behaving normally and no indication of pain then it should be ok to wait for the vet appointment. Keep a close watch though as things could change quickly.
To coax her to drink you could try a dropper or syringe without needle she could lick, and if you have tuna water or something she likes the smell of that might get her interested. How is she doing now?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your little girl is doing well! How did her vet visit go? I have my fingers crossed for her! :crossfingers: