Something Stuck In My Cat's Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OP says she is 16 years old- her profile says she is 23 years old. Is it her account or someone else's she is using? I am just here for the update- its been a while since she posted anything.
My heart goes out to this poor poor cat. What I don't understand is when you take on cats/ kittens why are there some ppl that do not look further ahead and realise all of them will get ill at some time. You must have the funds to look after these beautiful animals. Like insurance or at least be in a position to put something by. When your animals are ill you take them to a vet, and maybe ask him if you can pay a certain amount most vets will do this monthly if they don't you find one that does. I'm sooo angry this is abuse. If this persons mother was ill she would ring dr etc. why does it make it right that in her eyes she will not help this cat she owns!!!!! I'm not sorry for posting this I'm a animal lover who does right by my animals. I would starve rather than deny any of my animals love n care

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to this poor poor cat. What I don't understand is when you take on cats/ kittens why are there some ppl that do not look further ahead and realise all of them will get ill at some time. You must have the funds to look after these beautiful animals. Like insurance or at least be in a position to put something by. When your animals are ill you take them to a vet, and maybe ask him if you can pay a certain amount most vets will do this monthly if they don't you find one that does. I'm sooo angry this is abuse. If this persons mother was ill she would ring dr etc. why does it make it right that in her eyes she will not help this cat she owns!!!!! I'm not sorry for posting this I'm a animal lover who does right by my animals. I would starve rather than deny any of my animals love n care
And I am sure loads of us think the way you are, and are rightfully indignant. I have insurance and savings for my cat. But not everyone can afford it, and not every culture in the world values cats as much as dogs or other animals (some south asian countries). However, if we restrict adoption or care taking to people who can afford vet visits and other such things, then many cats would be suffering or euthanized. It's better to be alive and fed and have a roof, than be euthanized.

As we can see from OP's posts, she is really trying hard to help her cat- and she didn't realize how much of an urgent issue it was until a few days ago. I hope the vet was able to save her cat since she has kittens relying on her.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course it is better to be alive and fed than be be euthanized but the bottom line is everyone knows that sooner or later a animal will get ill. So you make sure by asking your vet to help you do not put a cat out and refuse to pay for treatment as she said her mother wouldn't pay . I like everyone else sincerely hopes this poor cat is helped . Like some have said maybe it should be euthanized so it's not in pain any more . It's not rocket science . If something or someone is ill you as a owner or parent help them I am praying this cat has treatment soon

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course it is better to be alive and fed than be be euthanized but the bottom line is everyone knows that sooner or later a animal will get ill. So you make sure by asking your vet to help you do not put a cat out and refuse to pay for treatment as she said her mother wouldn't pay . I like everyone else sincerely hopes this poor cat is helped . Like some have said maybe it should be euthanized so it's not in pain any more . It's not rocket science . If something or someone is ill you as a owner or parent help them I am praying this cat has treatment soon
I completely understand your outrage- I would have felt the same way.
But please bear in mind how much OP is suffering as well- it is her cat, and she knows her cat is in pain. A little empathy goes a long way.
She said she would be visiting the vet on Sunday- let us see her updates.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The OP lives in Qatar. The culture there is probably different from ours.
Very different. Looking back to my stay in the middle east back in the 90s, cats were more like scavengers than pets. Perhaps the fancy breeds were pets.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her profile says she logged in yesterday afternoon, but she didn't post an update. I hope the kitty is okay and she was able to get her to the vet.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I completely understand your outrage- I would have felt the same way.
But please bear in mind how much OP is suffering as well- it is her cat, and she knows her cat is in pain. A little empathy goes a long way.
She said she would be visiting the vet on Sunday- let us see her updates.
Let's hope so. We all want the best for the cat after all

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Can we all take a step back here? It's extremely rude to be discussing the OP in this manner. That's not what we are about here on this site. If you can't be kind, then don't post.

This person is 16 and is doing the best they can. We do not know everything about their situation and I certainly don't know what the conditions are for cat care in Qatar. I doubt there is a vet on every corner like there is here. Do I wish the circumstances were better? Of course I do, but if you have nothing helpful to say, please move on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol i'll say some stuff n update also btw english is not my first language so sorry for my grammar :(. first of all skip this if ur looking for the cat update scroll down.
why did this turn on my mom or me ? i wanna say this thread got nothing to do with my mom so i don't care how you feel about me or my mom nobody asked you(?) i'm trying hard to be polite but really??? and then what?? u start talking about my country qatar! :flail:and the culture :updown: ... This has got nothing to do with whatever country i am from or the culture. Just cause 1 person did something doesn't mean they represent their whole country and culture . and what fancy breeds or whatever you don't live here now so don't say that . fancy or not they're still animals i don't even think there are fancy cats or poor cats they're all the same . i got my cat from my mom's friend she left her outside in the streets just cause she ruined her "christmas tree" and she was naughty unlike her sister.she's not all white and furry like everybody likes.she has a really grumpy face(which i find so cute & unique)and everyone in my family said she's ugly. but i still told my mom to adopt her. n if u wonder why did i mention my mom in the first place then . i wanted to tell u guys every single thing that's going on so you can help me. because i know arguing with my mom wont do any good.i was wondering what would u guys do if u were in my position.
and for my account whenever i register in any site i put i was born in "1995" cause usually they block stuff if i put i'm a young person.
and thank you all who said they would help with donating don't worry i have money but thank you soooooooo much i can't describe how happy i am:redheartpump::thanks::grouphug2: .sorry i was rude to anyone, anyways enough blabbering.

Update: yesterday was sunday i know i told you guys i'd go to the vet but it was closed yesterday cause the veterian had a death situation? i mean someone from his family died n he had to leave. luck is not on our side at alllllllllllllllll.:sniffle: tomorrow we're going again. today no chance i couldn't convince my dad to take us there cause its 1 hour drive to the vet and he had to go to work. I'm trying my best here to get her to the vet. Also before yesterday her butt was fixed i have no idea what she did it went back inside by itself then it goes out again everytime she poops but now it doesnt go back inside again. but here's pics of her so u guys dont worry about her too much :D

Attachments

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank u everyone and sorry

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think i forgot to mention one thing sorry so much comments i cant remember everything but about putting the cat to sleep i also would do that if the cat is in pain tbh but i thought it was considered a sin in my religion (which i wont mention so u guys wont judge that religion..) n i was trying not to mention the religion so i made up some reasons not to put her to sleep but ill say it now lol n i searched about it if its allowed or not n some people said it is allowed and some said it's not so i dont wanna take the risk of putting her to sleep

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
and royalty please never again... LOL ok yeah i put in my bio i won't be able to take her to vet .because every time i post asking help the first thing they say is "take her to vet" um.... if i could i would have done it already n didnt need to post about it. but that doesn't mean that i'll never take her to vet like u said. u don't make sense!

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i think i forgot to mention one thing sorry so much comments i cant remember everything but about putting the cat to sleep i also would do that if the cat is in pain tbh but i thought it was considered a sin in my religion (which i wont mention so u guys wont judge that religion..) n i was trying not to mention the religion so i made up some reasons not to put her to sleep but ill say it now lol n i searched about it if its allowed or not n some people said it is allowed and some said it's not so i dont wanna take the risk of putting her to sleep
It is probably considered a sin in almost every religion.

But we don't follow our religion 100% of the time do we ? I am sure religion allows for some exceptions.

You are just 16, don't worry about sins yet.

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with MRG2018, I woulden’t worry about the sin. I’m going to guess that the religion is the same as my hubby’s religion, and we had to put one of our cats to sleep two years ago. He was heartbroken, we both were, about losing the cat. But he wasn’t stressed out about religion. The way I see is that this is a question about reasoning. If it is the religion I am thinking of, it is not allowed to not give animals food and water, and it is a sin to kill animals for no reason. Like for fun, not wanting the animal anymore and so on. But at least two schools has ruled that it is ok to put an animal to sleep, If it is in pain and there is no way of helping it. If the vet can help your cat, that’s amazing. But If he can’t, and the option is to put the cat to sleep or let her die a slow, painful death, I would put it to sleep. And the way I understand these religiouse laws, they are there to protect animals. Not to make them suffer. So I would not worry about the sin, and rather trust the rulings of the schools that say it is Ok.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with MRG2018, I woulden’t worry about the sin. I’m going to guess that the religion is the same as my hubby’s religion, and we had to put one of our cats to sleep two years ago. He was heartbroken, we both were, about losing the cat. But he wasn’t stressed out about religion. The way I see is that this is a question about reasoning. If it is the religion I am thinking of, it is not allowed to not give animals food and water, and it is a sin to kill animals for no reason. Like for fun, not wanting the animal anymore and so on. But at least two schools has ruled that it is ok to put an animal to sleep, If it is in pain and there is no way of helping it. If the vet can help your cat, that’s amazing. But If he can’t, and the option is to put the cat to sleep or let her die a slow, painful death, I would put it to sleep. And the way I understand these religiouse laws, they are there to protect animals. Not to make them suffer. So I would not worry about the sin, and rather trust the rulings of the schools that say it is Ok.
Just wanted to mention one thing, and it might be pedantic, but I know how people take it seriously. Only certain countries have religion as the base of actual 'laws'. Otherwise, I would suppose religion is meant to be a set of guidelines to lead a moral and fulfilling life. By no means anyone should consider religion a law as that would interfere in day to day life. We are in 2018. Religion hasn't changed, but we have.

So however close you follow your religion- please know that the majority of the religions allows for exceptions.

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: yesterday was sunday i know i told you guys i'd go to the vet but it was closed yesterday cause the veterian had a death situation? i mean someone from his family died n he had to leave. luck is not on our side at alllllllllllllllll.:sniffle: tomorrow we're going again. today no chance i couldn't convince my dad to take us there cause its 1 hour drive to the vet and he had to go to work. I'm trying my best here to get her to the vet. Also before yesterday her butt was fixed i have no idea what she did it went back inside by itself then it goes out again everytime she poops but now it doesnt go back inside again. but here's pics of her so u guys dont worry about her too much :D
I've been following this thread since you first posted. First, thank you for caring about this cat. I've visited the Gulf and lived in the Middle East, so I understand what you're saying with a lack of vet care (some people still laugh that anyone would go to school to learn about caring for animals) and religious restrictions. I know many people do not believe in putting animals to sleep because it is considered killing and many vets will not do it anyway.

However, many posters recommend first 'take the cat to the vet' because most medical issues are not something we can fix ourselves. People try home remedies for animals to save money, but it usually makes the problem worse or the animal sicker. It's frustrating if you're young and need to care for an animal but can't.

I'm glad you cat is doing better, but please continue to try to find a vet. There are some cat rescues in Qatar. You can try giving them a call. It looks like most are run by Westerns, though. You can try emailing or sending them a Facebook message:

Our Team - Paws Rescue Qatar

Cat Assistance Team of Qatar

Qatar Animal Welfare Society (QAWS)

Status
Not open for further replies.