Something Stuck In My Cat's Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hellooo:noob:o before i go to sleep imma updatee so i went to the vet today yayyy :yess: and they said she probably had diarrhea and that's why her anus became like that anyways so they told me to leave her there and pick her up after 6 hours and when i picked her up she was sooooo drugged:cold: they pushed her anus back inside and stitched it and the woman said to bring her again tomorrow for antibiotics and after tomorrow also but im not sure for what cause i wan't listening was super tired but i'll ask tomorrow about it when i go and she said after 10 days i have to go again to remove the stitches ! and that's all.. thanks everybody for joining the thread and helping me i'll post a veryyyyyyy nice picture :camera:of her with her beautiful kittens:bigeyes::gingercat2::dizzycat: after she's fully recovered (that is if i manage to make them stay still :cringe::noway: which is the hardest thing in the world!!) okk byebye:clapcat::kneading::bliss::rockout:

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hellooo:noob:o before i go to sleep imma updatee so i went to the vet today yayyy :yess: and they said she probably had diarrhea and that's why her anus became like that anyways so they told me to leave her there and pick her up after 6 hours and when i picked her up she was sooooo drugged:cold: they pushed her anus back inside and stitched it and the woman said to bring her again tomorrow for antibiotics and after tomorrow also but im not sure for what cause i wan't listening was super tired but i'll ask tomorrow about it when i go and she said after 10 days i have to go again to remove the stitches ! and that's all.. thanks everybody for joining the thread and helping me i'll post a veryyyyyyy nice picture :camera:of her with her beautiful kittens:bigeyes::gingercat2::dizzycat: after she's fully recovered (that is if i manage to make them stay still :cringe::noway: which is the hardest thing in the world!!) okk byebye:clapcat::kneading::bliss::rockout:

Congratulations! I know this was not easy for you or your cat! I think you'll both be a lot happier now. Her kittens too. When she is home, make sure she drinks plenty of water and has wet food. This will help keep her poop soft so she does not strain going to the bathroom.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, this is the best news. You did great getting help for her even though it was hard, and your vet was wonderful too for knowing just what to do to push it back in and stitch it up. Let us know how things go! :cheerleader:

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I know this was not easy for you or your cat! I think you'll both be a lot happier now. Her kittens too. When she is home, make sure she drinks plenty of water and has wet food. This will help keep her poop soft so she does not strain going to the bathroom.
Forgot to say this. Yes, please change her diet so this doesn't happen again. I'm so glad you're kitty is doing better!

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:omg! thank you everybody for the wonderful comments! :oops:okay i'll keep u guys updated then. yesterday i gave her food and she vomited everything she ate she didn't poop at all however she peed but at dawn she started getting hungry and super noisy she didn't want to be alone at all. the moment i left her for a minute she started screaming ! :dunno: well today i went there to the vet again it was easy and quick the vet woman stuck something in her butt then gave her injection which i think is the antibiotic(?) i asked her why the cat vomited yesterday and she said it was normal .i just came home and she's back to her normal self but she became veryy picky about food:headshake: she'll only eat minced chicken but that's okay :heartshape::banana1:and dont worry she always has her water in the kitchen she'll drink anytime she wants :beerchug:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like her body is putting it's effort into recovering so a bit of a sensitive stomach is understandable. I hope she's feeling back to normal very soon!

What kinds of food options do you have for her? One of my cats suffers from constipation regularly and has to take medicine for it daily. But I notice she is much better off when she eats only wet food. I don't have direct experience with a prolapsed rectum; but for constipation its made a difference for us.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear you managed to get her to the vet. Hope she makes a full recovery.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Please ask your vet about getting her spayed once she has got over this. Pregnancy and labor can cause the anus to prolapse, and as this has happened once already she'll be particularly prone to going through the same thing again.

Can't wait to see some pictures of her!

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
omg ok i'll discuss it with her next time i go to the vet and oh i give her whiskas minced chicken or sardine:jump:thank you

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I donno if anyone will read this its been a long time well im really sad to say this but some family issues happened and my dad forced me to go abroad and study i had 1 day only to pack everything and travel and the first week in abroad i asked my dad about my cat my dad said he had to move to a new house and he left the cats behind and i was mad and i managed to convince him to search for the cats he said theyre still around our old house eating from trash cans i asked him to take them in he didnt want to. So i told him to atleast check on them everyday go back to our old house n just look at least and he said ok and another week passed my dad agreed to take one of her kittens so he took 1 and the other two kittens and the mother which was the sick cat in this post stayed behind and i had hope he'd take them in slowly but the next day he went to check on them he said there was not a single cat around the street where my old house was and i was shocked he said he searched everywhere n didnt find them ans when he asked our neighbours they said that the goverment killed all the animals in this street because people complained of overpopulation of cats and the goverment killed them all . Im so freaking pissed its been about a year now since that incident .... i keep remebering my cat and her kittens i came back to this thread cause i miss her so much im really so sad because i feel this is all my fault maybe if i didnt adopt her she wouldn't have gone through this maybe she would have a better life in street maybe she didnt need my help idk im beyond sad im about to get a cat soon .. because i feel so lonley without a cat but this time i made sure to have some saving and the needs she will need i wil put extra effort into this cat ill trim her nails take her to check ups bath her feed her good foods ill literally take care of her or him so well omg but i know it wint be the same as my old cat but theres nothing i can do ugh i couldnt even take the picture i promised to post on this thread i feel so bad but i have some really old pictures of them ill post it anyways omg..

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the kitten they took in she grew so big and she got infected from the other cats outside and one of her eyes got sore and it just became worse and worse until she went blind with 1 eye and yes they took her to the vet but the doctor said it was too late and that there was nothing he could do but they got eye drops and stuff anyways later on after 1 year she went out and never came back home

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im about to get a cat soon .. because i feel so lonley without a cat but this time i made sure to have some saving and the needs she will need i wil put extra effort into this cat ill trim her nails take her to check ups bath her feed her good foods ill literally take care of her or him so well
I'm so sorry that happened. :( I'm hoping it will go better for you with your new cat. It sounds like you've thought of everything he/she needs and are prepared. Good luck. :hugs:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that the mother cat and all of her kittens died this way. We always lock the threads when a cat has passed, so I'm going to lock this one now.

TCS is a pro spay and neuter site, particularly because so many cats have litters of kittens that are unwanted or un-cared for. That leads to situations like this one, where the cats suffer and die or are euthanised.

Before you get another cat please make sure that you can care for him or her throughout their lives. It's expensive to take care of a cat properly, but it's essential that they are spayed or neutered, kept indoors and that they have a permanent, loving home.

Rest in peace Mother Cat and Kittens. We are sorry things turned out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.