Sombra

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks 1CatOverTheLine but it happens that the 6 balls package that I have bought doesn't indicate the size of the balls, on the other hand it warns that children under 7 years of age could swallow them. :help:

When I lived in England children played a game retrieving apples with their open mouths from a pool of water. It happened some times that some of these children developped a bad pain in the joints at rhe back of the jaws.

But WOW I wouldn't like Sombra to either swallow a ball :livid: nor that she strains the joints at the back of her jaws. :headshake: I think I'll try tennis balls, what do you think? :)
My cats have always enjoyed the sparkle balls *also known as twinkle balls* and the crinkle balls. These are both soft, light, and easily chased and caught in the mouth, but I don't think they'd pose any danger to a cat. There are also small sized "tennis balls" available here that are sort of cat-sized, but my cats have always preferred the sparkles and crinkles. They also love the Yeeowww! brand "My Cats' Balls" which are stuffed with really potent catnip. Maybe Sombra would like some or all of these?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks 1CatOverTheLine but it happens that the 6 balls package that I have bought doesn't indicate the size of the balls, on the other hand it warns that children under 7 years of age could swallow them. :help:

When I lived in England children played a game retrieving apples with their open mouths from a pool of water. It happened some times that some of these children developped a bad pain in the joints at rhe back of the jaws.

But WOW I wouldn't like Sombra to either swallow a ball :livid: nor that she strains the joints at the back of her jaws. :headshake: I think I'll try tennis balls, what do you think? :)
I think that a tennis ball is a fine idea; even Moo Shu couldn't swallow a tennis ball!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have always enjoyed the sparkle balls *also known as twinkle balls* and the crinkle balls. These are both soft, light, and easily chased and caught in the mouth, but I don't think they'd pose any danger to a cat. There are also small sized "tennis balls" available here that are sort of cat-sized, but my cats have always preferred the sparkles and crinkles. They also love the Yeeowww! brand "My Cats' Balls" which are stuffed with really potent catnip. Maybe Sombra would like some or all of these?
Thanks tarasgirl. I don't know whether the balls you mentioned are available here but I will find out.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina , I feel your pain on this one! Juniper likes to do a quick kamikaze snuggle at 5AM, and then begins her 'official cat business' of patrolling the apartment and all the windows (loudly). The longer days have made her 'patrols' longer as well....

It's nice of Sombra to wake you up with snuggles. Juniper runs into the living room and starts meowing for playtime immediately. She is unclear on the concept of humans needing to get ready for work, drink coffee, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The windows in my apartment are double and don't let any bird singing get through. But I have a clock in the kitchen that gives a different bird song every hour. Cucumella was used to it and didn't pay much attention to it. Sombra seems interested and excited at times but there isn't much she can do because the clock is high up on the wall. :ohwell:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The windows in my apartment are double and don't let any bird singing get through. But I have a clock in the kitchen that gives a different bird song every hour. Cucumella was used to it and didn't pay much attention to it. Sombra seems interested and excited at times but there isn't much she can do because the clock is high up on the wall. :ohwell:
Awww, how cute! I've seen those clocks -- they're fun. I have a lion clock in the breakfast room -- it's a photo of one of the Big Cat Rescue males in full mane, very regal! Unfortunately, I don't have good luck at all with these clocks that take 1 AA battery. They don't last at all. But I love the picture so the clock stays up as art. *I also have a roaring lion cookie jar*