So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a slice of pot roast, watermelon, and an english muffin with peanut butter.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

It's now 1am and in about 2 hours I'll catch the bus to work and grab something DELICIOUS despite the price of buying something quick and easy. I'll probably get a corned beef sandwhich and a snag roll! YUM!
You go to work at 3 in the morning! I would never be able to do that.

Fran, the liver sounds good. I love beef heart sliced cold with a touch of vinegar as well.

Good healthy foods!

Last night I didn't have anything out and since I wanted to use up some of the tomatoes left in the garden, I made the fresh tomato sauce with basil that I served over penne with broccoli together with a lovely baby spinach, mushroom, cucumber, pumpkin seed, and dried cranberry salad with sweet onion dressing. Was quite lovely.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Last night I didn't have anything out and since I wanted to use up some of the tomatoes left in the garden, I made the fresh tomato sauce with basil that I served over penne with broccoli together with a lovely baby spinach, mushroom, cucumber, pumpkin seed, and dried cranberry salad with sweet onion dressing. Was quite lovely.
YUM.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try something new tonight....making curried cauliflower soup. I hope it turns out good. If not..then DH and I will have the left over pork I made the other day.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

I'm going to try something new tonight....making curried cauliflower soup. I hope it turns out good. If not..then DH and I will have the left over pork I made the other day.
That sounds good. Curry is good with cauliflower.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You go to work at 3 in the morning! I would never be able to do that.

Fran, the liver sounds good. I love beef heart sliced cold with a touch of vinegar as well.

Good healthy foods!

I'm mad as a rabbit. I meant 1pm...LOL! Sorry!

But I do finish work between 1am-2am

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, I found those pork chops and bought them so tonight is the night to experiment with them. I already had the apple cider. BTW, 4 large chops was $2.18. I feel so bad for pig farmers.

What else besides the cider do you put in them and how do you cook them - oven or stove top and for how long?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Fran, I found those pork chops and bought them so tonight is the night to experiment with them. I already had the apple cider. BTW, 4 large chops was $2.18. I feel so bad for pig farmers.

What else besides the cider do you put in them and how do you cook them - oven or stove top and for how long?
Oh, good for you!! I do stove top, in a large pan that you can cover. I always season with a little tenderiser, a lot of freshly ground black pepper and some ground garlic, and then brown both sides in butter. Then add any herbs or whatnot, and the liquid, turn the heat down to med low, cover and simmer until the chops are done to your liking. Depending on the thickness of the chops, I find that can be as little as 12 minutes or as much as 20. It's a method I like a lot because it can be varied a lot.

For these chops, I've used onion and mushrooms, sauteed and then set aside while I brown the meat. When the second side is pretty much done, I add some chopped fresh sage right on top of the meat, drape the onions and mushrooms on top of that, add a half bottle of cider, and let them do. When the chops are done, you'll want to reduce the liquid, and I always do the touch of cream as well -- can't help it, it just makes the sauce nicer!

Bon appetit!

I have a serious hankering for ham, and hope I'll be able to do that tonight. Trouble is I've discovered a particular ham, that I can only get at one grocer -- probably my favourite one, but the last couple of times I've looked they haven't had them.
I have to pick up cream for the office this morning, so I'm going to do it there, so that I can see whether it's ham tonight or not. If not, well, I'll think of something.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having roast chicken, boiled potatoes, yorkshire pudding with sweetcorn, peas and gravy.

I had a custard slice for afters but it was telling me to have it now so i did what i was told

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soup for me tonight, I am taking all the left-overs from dinner lastnight, chicken, potato's, carrots, and green beans. Throughing them all in the crock-pot with a couple of cups of chicken stock, so sage, onion, and rosemary and there you go....Supper's around five for anyone who wants to join me.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Figured since I had to turn the furnace on this morning for the first time this fall, it would be a good night to have chili. I then disocovered that a pot of chili simmering on the stove will actually get my DD home for supper!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Custard slice! with a white icing top Susan? or a chocolate top? either way I'm happy!

I had chicken tenderloins, fat wedges and a hefty amount of salad last night. I'm going to take some salad leaves and fresh tomatos to work tonight and grill up a chicken breast and have that for my tea! YUM!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm having roast chicken, boiled potatoes, yorkshire pudding with sweetcorn, peas and gravy.

I had a custard slice for afters but it was telling me to have it now so i did what i was told
Thanks Fran. Turned out we didn't have them after all tonight. Manana!

Susan, I'm glad you do as you are told. Besides, it's always better to eat the dessert first in case you don't have any room later.

When I was in my teens, my mom was trying to help me gain a bit of weight so everyday for lunch she made me up a doughnut, with a scoop of ice cream on top and then covered it with hot fudge. MMmmmmmm. I never did gain any weight though.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm making chilli too... It's been cool in the evenings so I wanted some chilli! It's cooking right now... I wish it would hurry up! I'm hungry!

Status
Not open for further replies.