So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Contrary to plan, I used up the chicken on Saturday. Now I have to actually THINK about tonight.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making a ham, boiled cabbage and roasted potatoes tonight for dinner
Hubby wants me to make meatball subs though
He doesn't realize the work involved in making meatballs!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White chili! I saw someone make it on some show last week, and I have a roasted chicken in the fridge, so thought I'd try to do it!

Looks easy enough. Yum!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I don't remember the recipe exactly, but chop up some artichoke hearts (maybe 3/4 to 1 cup - I love artichoke hearts so use lots), a bit of sun-dried tomatoes (this is optional), 1/2 cup real mayonnaise and about 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Mix that all together and cover the chicken pieces with it. Bake it at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until you can tell it is done. There is no need to add water or oil to the dish as the mayo has lots of oil in it and will separate out. I usually bake it covered for the first 20 minutes or so then remove the foil, sprinkle a bit more grated parmesan to the top and continue baking. When it is ready the top should be lightly brown. It's really good and is actually from my SIL as part of her weight-loss recipes.
Thanks, Linda, that sounds super! Hmmm...weight loss recipe? I guess since the oil leaves the mayo that could work.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Thanks, Linda, that sounds super! Hmmm...weight loss recipe? I guess since the oil leaves the mayo that could work.
I know! That was my initial thought as well but yes the oil does leave the mayo and what you are left with is a wonderful tasty piece of chicken. Since mayo is mostly oil anyway, you are right - it leaves just the flavour behind.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is cheese ravioli with a fresh tomato-basil sauce with carrots, bell pepper, onion and zucchini. Also, of course, a little fresh parmesan cheese on top!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking it's time for some fish. I don't need to do a big shop, but I do need some eggs, so I think I'll have a look in the fish counter. Maybe there'll be some nice snapper fillets. Yam fries are calling to me, and maybe some broccoli -- we've been eating so many beans, there hasn't been much room for other veg, but they are pretty much done now.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I'm thinking it's time for some fish. I don't need to do a big shop, but I do need some eggs, so I think I'll have a look in the fish counter. Maybe there'll be some nice snapper fillets. Yam fries are calling to me, and maybe some broccoli -- we've been eating so many beans, there hasn't been much room for other veg, but they are pretty much done now.
You could always send some beans our way since they are one of our favourite veggies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You could always send some beans our way since they are one of our favourite veggies.
Ours, too. We've usually only planted three or four, but there was an extra one this year, and it's been so nice to have a steady stream of them, even with sharing them fairly liberally. I tried freezing some a few years ago and wasn't impressed with the result, so now we just pig out while they are here. There may be one more feed. I let Jr and his SO have the ones I picked on Friday, as we hadn't seen them for a few weeks and they enjoyed what they had earlier. There will be plenty of seeds for next year, too.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We eat a pound of week of black beans

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ham and noodle casserole tonight. Haven't decided whether to do a salad or scalloped tomatoes with cheddar. Haven't done that for a long time, and I think they would go nicely together.

Did an apple crisp for dessert last night -- we'll have the leftovers tonight.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is leftovers. split pea soup & corn muffins. I forgot the muffins out the other night, and Spud ate the top off one of them. That cat! I knew better, just forgot how much he likes muffin tops. He doesn't get on the counters as a rule, but he can't resist muffin tops. He left us 3, that was nice of him!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If I can't talk my husband into going out to lunch, then tonight will be sausage and lentil soup.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight is Pork and Veg Stirfry in Thai Peanut Sauce, with Jasmine Rice. We ate up all the lefotver Apple Crisp last night, so who knows what's for dessert!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know I need some inspiration. I bought a TON of meat 2 weeks ago because everything was on sale, since then we've been having pot roasts, come GREAT pork tenderloin (yum! yum!), steaks, fajitas...

Last night we had McDonalds (
) because I ran out of cooking steam...

I think I need to head to the grocery store for some fresh inspiration!!

Hubby is a meat & potatoes guy
so I have to keep it pretty basic. I'm planing a lasagna for the weekend
(I make EVERYTHING from scratch so it takes an hour, definitely a weekend meal!).

I just don't know what we're eating TODAY.

mmmm rap - mail me some apple crisp, my favourite!! Actually I should add apples to the grocery list and just make one

Status
Not open for further replies.