So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I have a serious hankering for ham, and hope I'll be able to do that tonight. Trouble is I've discovered a particular ham, that I can only get at one grocer -- probably my favourite one, but the last couple of times I've looked they haven't had them.
I have to pick up cream for the office this morning, so I'm going to do it there, so that I can see whether it's ham tonight or not. If not, well, I'll think of something.
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes! They finally had my lovely banquet hams, and we had baked ham, baked potatoes and green beans. So simple, but my soul has been caressed
and now we have ham for omelettes tomorrow night, sammiches on Friday, Eggs Benny on Saturday or Sunday, and a few more dinners and lunches over the next few days. A definite YESYESYES. Can you tell I needed a ham fix?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Can you tell I needed a ham fix?
Theres an advert on t.v. at the moment for one of the large supermarkets. Their cooking a ham joint with roast potatoes and it looks so lovely!!!.

Lamb steaks tonight with jacket potatoes and sweetcorn and a WW chocolate eclair for afters

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i made mash, with a chicken stew, i cooked up chicken breast in garlic and olive oil and added steam veggies and then about half a litre of gravy and let it simmer for about half an hour yummo

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just had my dinner (and it's almost 1am....not pm this time..LOL!) and I had a nice salad. I took salad leaves and tomato from home and added mango, avocado and smoked chicken from work and was going to eat it there but 7 hours later and no break and I had to bring dinner home.

Hoping there's some milk in the fridge so I can have some cereal for pudding!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

just had my dinner (and it's almost 1am....not pm this time..LOL!) and I had a nice salad. I took salad leaves and tomato from home and added mango, avocado and smoked chicken from work and was going to eat it there but 7 hours later and no break and I had to bring dinner home.

Hoping there's some milk in the fridge so I can have some cereal for pudding!
Sam honey, 1 am is like 1 o'clock in the morning, i.e., one hour after midnight so I'm thinking you actually do mean 1 pm.
Anyway your salad sounds delicious.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Sam honey, 1 am is like 1 o'clock in the morning, i.e., one hour after midnight so I'm thinking you actually do mean 1 pm.
Anyway your salad sounds delicious.
no I really do mean 1am this time..lol. I finished work at 11.30pm and after I had a shower and stuff it was 1am..that's when I had dinner.

But I'm working again tonight so it will probably be more like a 2-3am dinner tonight.

But I am going to the shops to pick up something tasty for lunch. Not sure what yet!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate some strawberries as I am preparing a shrimp stir fry.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

no I really do mean 1am this time..lol. I finished work at 11.30pm and after I had a shower and stuff it was 1am..that's when I had dinner.

But I'm working again tonight so it will probably be more like a 2-3am dinner tonight.

But I am going to the shops to pick up something tasty for lunch. Not sure what yet!
I ended up having spinach quiche, a wholemeal bun and some salad leaves.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yosemite Chicken. Haven't had it for a while. The (probably) last of the beans from the garden, and Jasmine Rice. And since I need to restock on chicken, I think I'll go to my nice chicken shop on Granville Island, which will also allow me to pick up a Tiramisu for dessert, and do some SS shopping.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yosemite Chicken. Haven't had it for a while. The (probably) last of the beans from the garden, and Jasmine Rice. And since I need to restock on chicken, I think I'll go to my nice chicken shop on Granville Island, which will also allow me to pick up a Tiramisu for dessert, and do some SS shopping.
Yosemite hasn't had that chicken for awhile either.
Last night hubby had a gig and went there directly from his day job so I just fried up a green tomato for me. Tonight I am finally going to do the pork chops. I also picked up a roast on sale from $16 to $9 which I'm going to do up as a pot roast on the weekend.

Another nice way to do chicken is coat it with crushed potato chips and bake. Very tasty indeed.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Yosemite hasn't had that chicken for awhile either.
Last night hubby had a gig and went there directly from his day job so I just fried up a green tomato for me. Tonight I am finally going to do the pork chops. I also picked up a roast on sale from $16 to $9 which I'm going to do up as a pot roast on the weekend.

Another nice way to do chicken is coat it with crushed potato chips and bake. Very tasty indeed.
Could you link with a recipe to Yosemite chicken?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Do you have Cooking with Cattitude Volume II? It's in there as "Mika's Cheesy Chicken Breasts". Linda also posted it a long time ago when someone was asking for chicken recipes, and I picked it up then, and christened it "Yosemite Chicken" because there was no title on it, and then she put it in Cattitude, which was a very good thing!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I don't remember the recipe exactly, but chop up some artichoke hearts (maybe 3/4 to 1 cup - I love artichoke hearts so use lots), a bit of sun-dried tomatoes (this is optional), 1/2 cup real mayonnaise and about 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Mix that all together and cover the chicken pieces with it. Bake it at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until you can tell it is done. There is no need to add water or oil to the dish as the mayo has lots of oil in it and will separate out. I usually bake it covered for the first 20 minutes or so then remove the foil, sprinkle a bit more grated parmesan to the top and continue baking. When it is ready the top should be lightly brown. It's really good and is actually from my SIL as part of her weight-loss recipes.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linda that sounds delicious! Too bad hubby doesn't like artichokes, when you say real mayonnaise do you mean made from scratch? if not which brand would you recommend?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Linda that sounds delicious! Too bad hubby doesn't like artichokes, when you say real mayonnaise do you mean made from scratch? if not which brand would you recommend?
I don't know what you have in Australia but here in Canada we have Hellman's Real Mayonnase and Kraft Miracle Whip. Miracle Whip is more vinegary so I don't care for it.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch today I had tomato quiche, salad leaves and fresh tomatoes.

For dinner tonight I'm taking salad leaves, tomatoes and I'll probably chop up some grilled chicken and avocado for my tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.