So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having partridge for dinner, another of my brother's hunting excursions. It is very good, pan-fried with lots of onions, and celery. They you make gravy from the cracklings and serve it over mashed potato's. Out of all the game birds partridge is my favorite...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover Yosemite Chicken -- there are two LARGE breasts left -- we'll have one of them tonight and the other one on Monday, I think. I have a couple of baked potatoes that will fry up nicely, and the leftover beans, augmented with some carrot. And there are two servings of tiramisu left, as well.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did up some perch filets with a creamy lemon dill sauce and broccoli for hubby before he left for his gig. We picked up some lovely fresh perch at the farmer's market today. Also got some smoked trout filets. Lovely stuff.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I did up some perch filets with a creamy lemon dill sauce and broccoli for hubby before he left for his gig. We picked up some lovely fresh perch at the farmer's market today. Also got some smoked trout filets. Lovely stuff.
Oh, Yum! That does sound lovely.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have split peas and ham in the crockpot! Yum! A nice soup for a rainy day. It's a football day and I hate to miss any while cooking.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sliced ham, potato patties (from leftover mashed), some veg or other -- I'll see what takes my fancy when it's time. No idea about dessert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left-overs for me as well this evening, a couple of slices of goose, potato salad and some yellow beans. For dessert it was a mango, some strawberries, blueberries, and cherries.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby went out to pick up an amp that he wants to buy so when he gets home we'll be having pot roast with baby parsley potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Mmmmmm - I love pot roast.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Hubby went out to pick up an amp that he wants to buy so when he gets home we'll be having pot roast with baby parsley potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Mmmmmm - I love pot roast.
Me, too, and now that we're into cooler weather, that'll be on the menu very soon. Yums.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ummmmmmmm, maybe nachos?

I have been watching you dinner posts, and i find it funny

If hubby isnt home, i will have sandwiches, i just pulled out chicken drum sticks out of the freezer to defrost, I am thinking of making a curry in the slow cooker, no idea yet though
Its fairly cold here in Melbourne today, so some sort of hearty meal is in order!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
made sandwiches for hubby and i, scrapped the whole cooking part as i was sobbing way too much and still am

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did the pot roast for tonight's dinner, but realized our local Catholic church ladies are having a turkey supper at the community centre. I'm trying to pressure hubby into going there for dinner - I love church suppers. Those ladies usually make some lovely food.

Status
Not open for further replies.