Please help!

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
Very saddened to learn of your kitty's prognosis.

So what is the problem with the little one? What did the vet diagnose? How was the prognosis missed the first time?

I am a bit skeptical when it comes to the subject of the All-Knowing vets out there. I've seen vets make tragic mistakes. Mistakes that cost a couple of my beloved kitties their lives!! That was in the old days before I started believing my own psychic intuition. Psychically I knew the mistake, I just did not believe my own consciousness. (I was stupid.) Most vet 'pros' are much less capable than Human medical professionals, simply in that they don't have the technology, the oversight, or the continuing education in which Human doctors are constantly immersed. I just got out of the hospital. An electional surgery to remove the gall-bladder...a one day process, in and out. Only, I was not released for 11 weeks and I suffered four 'code blues' in the ICU, and four subsequent surgeries...why? They made mistakes. Human doctors make mistakes, and so do kitty vets! Don't just take one opinion, attain multiple opinions, and don't reveal to other vets what the first vets have said. Don't even mention other vets, --enable the opinions to actually be unbiased opinions. They make mistakes. I have seen diagnosis reports swapped between patients, that is partly what happened to me!!

Sincerely,

Alpha_Kitty
ps...I did not sue the hospital or the doctors, it was an honest mistake, although it cost me around $110k.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

So what is the problem with the little one? What did the vet diagnose? How was the prognosis missed the first time?

I am a bit skeptical when it comes to the subject of the All-Knowing vets out there. I've seen vets make tragic mistakes. Mistakes that cost a couple of my beloved kitties their lives!! That was in the old days before I started believing my own psychic intuition. Psychically I knew the mistake, I just did not believe my own consciousness. (I was stupid.) Most vet 'pros' are much less capable than Human medical professionals, simply in that they don't have the technology, the oversight, or the continuing education in which Human doctors are constantly immersed. I just got out of the hospital. An electional surgery to remove the gall-bladder...a one day process, in and out. Only, I was not released for 11 weeks and I suffered four 'code blues' in the ICU, and four subsequent surgeries...why? They made mistakes. Human doctors make mistakes, and so do kitty vets! Don't just take one opinion, attain multiple opinions, and don't reveal to other vets what the first vets have said. Don't even mention other vets, --enable the opinions to actually be unbiased opinions. They make mistakes. I have seen diagnosis reports swapped between patients, that is partly what happened to me!!

Sincerely,

Alpha_Kitty
ps...I did not sue the hospital or the doctors, it was an honest mistake, although it cost me around $110k.
Dry FIP is notoriously difficult to diagnose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Sincerely,

Alpha_Kitty

Sincerely,

Alpha_Kitty
Ok, so at the end of November Blu just stopped playing with her sister and the rest of the family, she seemed to be sleeping more than normal. Then she wasn’t eating as much, she’s never been a good eater but to just not eat was of real concern, and she started to sneeze and was just lethargic. So on Dec. 2 went to the vet. Vet said, oh URI gave antibiotic shot and sent us on our way. Still no improvement. She didn’t seem to get any better or any worse. But her not consuming anything was frightening and I didn’t want to loose her bc of not eating. I was trying everything and anything to get nourishment into her. I decided to take her back Monday. Her physical exam was well, she’d lost weight, she did blood work said everything looked good tested negative for feline leukemia and FIV ( vet thought for sure it was one of these) had a bit of a temperature same as two weeks prior, but she acted like it wasn’t a big deal it could be elevated due to the stress of the visit. I brought up FIP... vet was like “ no, I really don’t think so, no granulomas on organs, lets do another antibiotic and an appetite stimulant.” Ok...well the next day the appetite stimulant worked, she ate! Then she has an odd seizure,very short her face kind of frozen eyes large and her front legs wouldn’t work. Then she was ok. Yesterday happened again, I called vet asked if the meds she prescribed could be causing this or any type of allergic reaction? She said no. Then she brought up how we discussed FIP, and now that was probably it bc of the neurologic signs now. And if it were her pet, she’d opt for euthanasia. UGH! Why me why Blu why now!!! I began reading about allergic reactions in cats to amoxicillin and seizure was something that came up. So I decided not to give it to her any longer. Now, I’m thinking of taking her to another vet for one final second opinion. Blu truly looks awful. I just don’t know. I’m angry, I’m sad, I mean what do you do?! Idk if it’s FIP, it seems like it, but what IF it’s not??

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My heart with yours, Darlin. If you can, get that second opinion. Even if it is the same, your heart will be easier. FIP is a filthy, disgusting disease. But you have given your baby EVERY bit of love and happiness a cat could ever ask for no matter how long their life. We are here with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so at the end of November Blu just stopped playing with her sister and the rest of the family, she seemed to be sleeping more than normal. Then she wasn’t eating as much, she’s never been a good eater but to just not eat was of real concern, and she started to sneeze and was just lethargic. So on Dec. 2 went to the vet. Vet said, oh URI gave antibiotic shot and sent us on our way. Still no improvement. She didn’t seem to get any better or any worse. But her not consuming anything was frightening and I didn’t want to loose her bc of not eating. I was trying everything and anything to get nourishment into her. I decided to take her back Monday. Her physical exam was well, she’d lost weight, she did blood work said everything looked good tested negative for feline leukemia and FIV ( vet thought for sure it was one of these) had a bit of a temperature same as two weeks prior, but she acted like it wasn’t a big deal it could be elevated due to the stress of the visit. I brought up FIP... vet was like “ no, I really don’t think so, no granulomas on organs, lets do another antibiotic and an appetite stimulant.” Ok...well the next day the appetite stimulant worked, she ate! Then she has an odd seizure,very short her face kind of frozen eyes large and her front legs wouldn’t work. Then she was ok. Yesterday happened again, I called vet asked if the meds she prescribed could be causing this or any type of allergic reaction? She said no. Then she brought up how we discussed FIP, and now that was probably it bc of the neurologic signs now. And if it were her pet, she’d opt for euthanasia. UGH! Why me why Blu why now!!! I began reading about allergic reactions in cats to amoxicillin and seizure was something that came up. So I decided not to give it to her any longer. Now, I’m thinking of taking her to another vet for one final second opinion. Blu truly looks awful. I just don’t know. I’m angry, I’m sad, I mean what do you do?! Idk if it’s FIP, it seems like it, but what IF it’s not??
I’m sorry to hear about what happens to you. Sometimes I just don’t think doctors don’t take the time to properly evaluate and listen. My husband went through this... it’s just awful.
My heart with yours, Darlin. If you can, get that second opinion. Even if it is the same, your heart will be easier. FIP is a filthy, disgusting disease. But you have given your baby EVERY bit of love and happiness a cat could ever ask for no matter how long their life. We are here with you.
🤗♥ Thank you. I’m going for the second opinion...just because I had to bring FIP up to the vet, and I want to be at peace and know I’ve done everything, you know the love you have for a fur baby, but to let go. Also, I stoped giving her the amoxicillin, and no more little seizures. I think she had an allergic reaction to it. I wish I knew more on FIP.

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could it be shes allergic to the antibiotic? Sudden seizures for URI type seems a bit weird.
Is there another vet or ER vet you could see?