Please help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's the little one doing today? Did you call the vet and urgently inform'em that your kitty is still sick? Sometimes one need get a little pushy. You paid good hard money and the little guy isn't feeling better.

As for not eating, here's a little trick to try...I've found that when a kitty can't smell the food, I'll put a bit of it on the tip of a finger then mash it up around the kitty's mouth and nose, that way they are forced to lick it off. You'd be surprised what I've been able to get kitties to eat that they would not normally do! Now everytime I eat an orange, one of my kitties want's his share! Another kitty enjoys a bit of banana now and then. So give that a try, same with water. I've had kitties that wouldn't drink any water on their own, who became interested after I put a drop on their nose, causing the kitty to lick it off!

I wish your kitty and you well.

AlphaKitty
TNRist
Thanks so much for your warm wishes and great advice. I was pushy at the vets office lol I was worried sick I was going to loose my Blu-bird, and vet visits are not inexpensive by any means. She’s doing so much better today, maybe the new antibiotic and most definitely the appetite stimulated has worked...she’s EATING!!! I cried, and she’s even walked around today and was grooming! A total 180 from where she was.
That is the sweetest thing a kitty wanting to share oranges! <3 love and hugs!

RangersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet probably should give her liquids and a nutrient shot of some type. Or have them mix up a liquid nutrient mix you can give to her orally via a syringe. IV liquids should help her flush the infection out of her system. Poor thing, good luck!

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I come to y’all with a heavy heart...our lil Blu-bird has taken a turn for the worse. She’s had two seizures. Went back to vet, now she’s on board with me with the FIP. It’s affecting her neurologically now. She’s just a shell, not the tiny funny bouncy kitten she was. I tried so hard y’all. So damn hard to save her. She’s not any better...so we made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize her after Christmas. (Crying) Thanks everyone for your advice,prayers, warm wishes, thoughts and ideas. Love and hugs from to yo all of y’all.

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, hon. I'm so sorry. :alright: That was in the back of my mind all along, but I kept hoping it was something else. :sniffle:
Aww thank you. Me too. I had that feeling in my gut, but hoping it was something else. And she just now had another seizure worst than the last. (Crying) I need to keep her on the floor so she doesn’t hurt herself. I wish it didn’t hurt so much. At least we gave her a good life.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing now is that she knows you are with her. She does know she is loved and comforted. We cannot do better than that for any living creature. My daughter had seizures too and I know that’s hard. Just hold her and be there but still...... don’t stop trying to maintain her. We just never know if they may turn again so we hope. I don’t want to give False hope but hope remains. My heart and hopes are there with you.:redheartpump: Please keep us posted.

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The thing now is that she knows you are with her. She does know she is loved and comforted. We cannot do better than that for any living creature. My daughter had seizures too and I know that’s hard. Just hold her and be there but still...... don’t stop trying to maintain her. We just never know if they may turn again so we hope. I don’t want to give False hope but hope remains. My heart and hopes are there with you.:redheartpump: Please keep us posted.
Thank you so very much. I keep hoping for the best, I’ll do whatever I need to do for her to keep her tummy full and comfortable until it’s time to cross that rainbow 🌈 bridge.