Please help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Syringe, then. A medicine dropper will do in a pinch. And THANK GOD this is "just" a big ol' wonking infection that meds will take care of! Once her nose clears up, she'll probably eat just fine. If they can't smell it, they won't eat it.
Thanks so much for the info I so greatly appreciate it! She will heal! Love and hugs

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just keep up the routine. I am so glad that lots of people came to help. They all gave great advice.
I totally love that you call her Blu-bird!
We’ll all be following so keep us posted as you can.,
Yes, I sure will. I truly am grateful for everyone’s advice and what and how to try. She makes a silly sound like a bird...so I call her Blu-bird! LOL I also have a little tuxedo named Birdie, bc she chirps like a bird...they are quite the unique bunch here.

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I sure will. I truly am grateful for everyone’s advice and what and how to try. She makes a silly sound like a bird...so I call her Blu-bird! LOL I also have a little tuxedo named Birdie, bc she chirps like a bird...they are quite the unique bunch here.
And Blu’s sister is Bunny foo-foo lol

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad the vet thinks it's just a serious upper respiratory infection. If possible, you could confine her to one room and set up a humidifier for her. If not, maybe set one up in the room where she spends most of the time. That will help moisten the air. Continue steaming in the bathroom and keep up the saline nose drops, if you've been doing that. It's hard to hit their nostrils most of the time! Also, try elevating her food dish up on a stack of books or a deeper bowl turned upside down. That way when she bends her head over, the snot won't run out her nose. If you don't see an improvement in 72 hours, I'd call the vet back and ask for a different antibiotic and maybe prescription nose drops. I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're able, ask the vet for Science Diet a/d canned food. That stuff is like kitty crack and is good for undernourished kitties.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
tBookish1, thank you for the update and for sharing the photos of your darling kitty cats. :) I agree with stephanietx up above, if she is not showing improvement within a couple of days, take her back to your vet, do not wait two weeks. You can also get a little syringe from you vet. We are all keeping our fingers crossed for that little girl. :)

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Blessing to you for sure. All your babies are precious ones! Bunny foo foo! It doesn’t get any cuter than that! I don’t have a Bunny foo foo but I do have a Banjo and a Whistle! Whistle is scared of bunny ears. Lol
Thank you! Love that... I have a one eyed Ollie, a Buddha and a chili bean too! Just one cat short of crazy I say lol

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the vet thinks it's just a serious upper respiratory infection. If possible, you could confine her to one room and set up a humidifier for her. If not, maybe set one up in the room where she spends most of the time. That will help moisten the air. Continue steaming in the bathroom and keep up the saline nose drops, if you've been doing that. It's hard to hit their nostrils most of the time! Also, try elevating her food dish up on a stack of books or a deeper bowl turned upside down. That way when she bends her head over, the snot won't run out her nose. If you don't see an improvement in 72 hours, I'd call the vet back and ask for a different antibiotic and maybe prescription nose drops. I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're able, ask the vet for Science Diet a/d canned food. That stuff is like kitty crack and is good for undernourished kitties.
Yes, she’s set up in my daughters room with a warm mist humidifier and she has a heated bed too that keeps her comfy and toasty. Got baby nose drops just now, and that appetite stimulant oh my gosh WORKS! She ate about a tablespoon of baby chicken, yogurt and latter on she ate her canned wet food. That was a blessing. I’ll check in with the vet for sure. Thank you.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she’s set up in my daughters room with a warm mist humidifier and she has a heated bed too that keeps her comfy and toasty. Got baby nose drops just now, and that appetite stimulant oh my gosh WORKS! She ate about a tablespoon of baby chicken, yogurt and latter on she ate her canned wet food. That was a blessing. I’ll check in with the vet for sure. Thank you.

This is the best news I have heard in a long time.

1576616014710.png

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all soooo much, I’ve tried every trick, every oddity, bought different cat foods, baby food, tuna, sardines...and I’m at the end of my rope, I’m worried about her because she looks awful and helpless. And I don’t want her to die. I will however call the vet first thing Monday. I just don’t know what else to do. :-(View attachment 312462

no luck with the paper plate :eek:( however she did eat a bit of baby food turkey tonight, and I think I may give her pedilyte by syringe. I also gave her high calorie gel.
How's the little one doing today? Did you call the vet and urgently inform'em that your kitty is still sick? Sometimes one need get a little pushy. You paid good hard money and the little guy isn't feeling better.

As for not eating, here's a little trick to try...I've found that when a kitty can't smell the food, I'll put a bit of it on the tip of a finger then mash it up around the kitty's mouth and nose, that way they are forced to lick it off. You'd be surprised what I've been able to get kitties to eat that they would not normally do! Now everytime I eat an orange, one of my kitties want's his share! Another kitty enjoys a bit of banana now and then. So give that a try, same with water. I've had kitties that wouldn't drink any water on their own, who became interested after I put a drop on their nose, causing the kitty to lick it off!

I wish your kitty and you well.

AlphaKitty
TNRist

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tBookish1, thank you for the update and for sharing the photos of your darling kitty cats. :) I agree with stephanietx up above, if she is not showing improvement within a couple of days, take her back to your vet, do not wait two weeks. You can also get a little syringe from you vet. We are all keeping our fingers crossed for that little girl. :)
Yes, you’re welcome. No, I won’t wait, and if she doesn’t show any improvement in 72 hours I’ll go to a different vet altogether. However she’s shown drastic improvement in just the last 24 hours. Ugh Thank y’all so much. Love and hugs
This is the best news I have heard in a long time.

View attachment 312918
You’re telling me!