PLEASE HELP!!!!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catnip might mellow them out - or it might make them go nuts.

It seems to calm Connor down just a bit - not enough that it's really noticeable - but it makes Murphy go wild.  It's quite entertaining.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Is Anubis the only cat around here that likes the smell of make up? Lipstick to be exact. Sometimes when I'm done putting on make up I get close to Anubis to give him a kiss but he starts sniffing my lipstick for what seems an eternity. And this only happens when I wear the Brazil nut lipstick by L'Oréal. He won't sniff any other lipstick it is mostly that one. It smells like baby powder. And it seems like he recognizes my make up bag because he comes running every time he sees me with it.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Anubis the only cat around here that likes the smell of make up? Lipstick to be exact. Sometimes when I'm done putting on make up I get close to Anubis to give him a kiss but he starts sniffing my lipstick for what seems an eternity. And this only happens when I wear the Brazil nut lipstick by L'Oréal. He won't sniff any other lipstick it is mostly that one. It smells like baby powder. And it seems like he recognizes my make up bag because he comes running every time he sees me with it.
That's hilarious!  He probably does recognize your makeup bag.  Connor and Murphy recognize the laser pointer.  Every time one of us picks it up, they sit in front of us, tails twitching expectantly.  We need to get a new one cuz ours died.  :(

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
That's hilarious!  He probably does recognize your makeup bag.  Connor and Murphy recognize the laser pointer.  Every time one of us picks it up, they sit in front of us, tails twitching expectantly.  We need to get a new one cuz ours died.  :(
Anubis has lots of toys that he doesn't play with. Wanna know why he doesn't play with them? BECAUSE HE LOST ALL OF THEM!!
Lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Best make sure he doesn't lose your lipstick too.  
   I find all kinds of stuff (usually from my purse) under my bed or burried in to the middle of the pile of shoes I always have on my floor and I know it wasn't me that put them there....  If I can't find some important bit of paper I know where to look first.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Yep,  I reckon Anubis has at least one super safe place he hides his prize 'kills' to make sure no mean human (or Princess) steals them from him. 

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys totally crack me up.  They like for me to throw a mouse, they catch it (midair, sometimes), kill it thoroughly, then bring it back for me to throw again.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Check the batteries first.  If that doesn't do it, new pointers are cheap.

Jasmine recognizes it, too.  So she tends to look at the laser pointer rather than at the red dot. 
  She can't figure out why the red dot comes out to play so seldom.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's hilarious!  He probably does recognize your makeup bag.  Connor and Murphy recognize the laser pointer.  Every time one of us picks it up, they sit in front of us, tails twitching expectantly.  We need to get a new one cuz ours died.  
Anubis has lots of toys that he doesn't play with. Wanna know why he doesn't play with them? BECAUSE HE LOST ALL OF THEM!!
Lol
Yep.  Our couch has oodles of cat toys lost under it.  Probably the refrigerator does, as well; I can't move it to check.

They also get batted underneath doors a lot.  I keep finding Jasmine's catnip pretzel in the laundry room, where she isn't allowed.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine likes the smell of Vitamin E oil.  Actually, I wonder whether she should be getting some of that in her diet; she likes it so much.

I'm allergic to everything made by L'Oréal.  The only lipstick I use is Nivea lip balm.  Can't tell what Jasmine thinks of the smell of that; mostly when she sniffs my lips I think she's trying to figure out what I've been eating.  But I'm very careful not to leave my lip balm in her reach; I'm sure she'd consider it to be an excellent cat toy.

Margret

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Jasmine likes the smell of Vitamin E oil.  Actually, I wonder whether she should be getting some of that in her diet; she likes it so much.

I'm allergic to everything made by L'Oréal.  The only lipstick I use is Nivea lip balm.  Can't tell what Jasmine thinks of the smell of that; mostly when she sniffs my lips I think she's trying to figure out what I've been eating.  But I'm very careful not to leave my lip balm in her reach; I'm sure she'd consider it to be an excellent cat toy.

Margret
Vitamine E oil is actually good.  Its one of the extras which cats do need sometimes.   Of course dont overdo, excessive vitamne E isnt good, even if in some amounts its very healhy.   And we do use oil against constipation, so not more than several drops for an adult cat.

About what would happen if she licked the Nivea lip balm?  My guess is, nothing much.  Its surely nondangerous for humans.  Probably so for cats too.  After all, we DO use sometimes mineral oils on cats when they have constipation.  Our difficulty is to find one of food quality -  that is the question.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm not worried about her licking my lip balm; I'm worried about it ending up under the sofa. 

I was thinking about giving her a drop or two of vitamin E to lick off of my finger occasionally.  She's due for a well cat checkup after the election is over; I'll ask her vet.  It's the fact that she seems to crave it that makes me think maybe she needs some.  She's generally pretty accurate about knowing what's good and bad for her -- no attraction at all to garlic, for instance, though she has expressed some interest in coffee.  I suspect that's from the delicious smell that everyone raves about.  I've never let her get close enough to find out whether she'd actually drink the stuff; I don't want to find out the hard way that she would.

Margret

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jasmine recognizes it, too.  So she tends to look at the laser pointer rather than at the red dot. 

Margret
It was a cheapie my boyfriend got at Dollar Tree for $1.  We get a new one every few weeks.  I keep telling him we should get one that's slightly higher quality cuz it would save money in the long run, but we haven't bothered to look around for one.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
It was a cheapie my boyfriend got at Dollar Tree for $1.  We get a new one every few weeks.  I keep telling him we should get one that's slightly higher quality cuz it would save money in the long run, but we haven't bothered to look around for one.
As I recall, mine was less than $5.00 at PetSmart, and it's lasted for, oh, a year or two at least.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a petsmart here.  But I'm going to Columbia to get a bridesmaid dress sometime in the near future and I'm sure there's a petsmart there somewhere.  Since it's a 2 hour drive to Columbia, we're gonna make a day of it.