Pallina's Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Again, folks, thanks a billion! :grouphug:

I appreciate and welcome every single post, thought or purraise you are sending this way.
To those who say they are late in joining and following this thread I want to say that it doesn't matter how soon you add your thought and support, what it does matter is that you're here! :thanks:

Latest news.
Yesterday in the late afternoon I went to visit her, she was still lying on a side, but she raised her head when she saw me walking in the room where she is. And she started purring loudly. She couldn't stand but gave me some head butts, then she rested her head on my hand. We stayed like this for some minutes.
The vet told me that she had just had her meal through the E-tube and she was fine.
They're are feeding her 30-40% her required food, then they will increase as from today.
I left the room and Pallina after 20 minutes. I would have liked to stay forever, but I didn't want to stress her out, she needs to rest.

I called the clinic a few minutes ago and the vet told me she had just eaten and taken her medicine (E-tube) and that was getting some cuddles.
She was standing, this morning, so it tseems there's a slight improvement.

I'll see her again today at 3 pm CET (9 am East coast, 6 am Pacific coast).

Thanks, you are great indeed!!! :rock:
:clap::clapcat: :dancingblackcat::catlove::clap2:

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the fiht continues! little by little...winning battles slowly but surely, this war will be won by Super-litlle Princess Pallina!:heartshape::clap2:

Big hugs for both of you! Please continue to tell us about your progress every time there is news :vibes::vibes::hearthrob:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw this thread. I am sorry I hadn't seen it to post sooner but I'm praying for you and Pallina. She is a strong cat and hopefully she can come home soon. I am glad to read she is purring and getting food. That's a very good sign.:yess: :heartshape:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Dear Antonio65 I'm so moved by everything you are doing for your precious Pallina.

It's such wonderful news to hear she is purring and trying to stand. She's such a little tough nut! I hope she continues to improve.

Pallina is such a sweet name. In Japan lots of cats are called Tama chan, Little Ball, or Maru Chan, Little Round.

May your furry little ball give you many more years of companionship.

:heartshape::cheerleader::heartshape::cheerleader::heartshape::cheerleader::heartshape:

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Hi! Nice to meet you! Thanks for your compliment to my little Melchor , I have got six cats, but he is the reason I found this forum, looking for more information about his illness.

I have met very good people here who really understand and help others about their cats, and I feel very comfortable with you. Seeing how much they try to help and give support and strength to @Antonio65 and Pallina, it's amazing what they do in this really beautiful forum :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

We are still watching the evolution of little Princess Pallina, and hopefully there will be good news today too! :vibes: :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Hi! Nice to meet you! Thanks for your compliment to my little Melchor , I have got six cats, but he is the reason I found this forum, looking for more information about his illness.

I have met very good people here who really understand and help others about their cats, and I feel very comfortable with you. Seeing how much they try to help and give support and strength to @Antonio65 and Pallina, it's amazing what they do in this really beautiful forum :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

We are still watching the evolution of little Princess Pallina, and hopefully there will be good news today too! :vibes: :crossfingers:
It is so true, Dickie Dickie and I am glad TCS members can be of help to Melchor. How is he doing? He is so beautiful! Six is a good number of cats. In my family there are only three at present, but there have been many more in the past. My *PRAYERS* continue for Pallina to improve and come home to the love of her family!

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Melchor is doing very well (thanks for asking for him:loveeyes:), his FIV is not giving him many problems... some allergies... lately his mouth.. but in the check-ups the vets are very optimistic and his semiannual tests so far, give good results. I just hope it stays that way for a lot more years. At the end of this month he's due for his checkup, let's hope it goes well.

Three cats is a good number! I was for more than six years with only two cats, but when I started to control feral colony I started to collect abandonments, sick and puppies... and since then although many have died, I always come back to collect another one. My husband says the limit is six... so I'm at the limit:biggrin: (my poor husband has infinite patience with me... he loves cats too but not as much as me.. )

Antonio65 Antonio65 , When you can, let us know about Princess Pallina's condition:vibes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Melchor is doing very well (thanks for asking for him:loveeyes:), his FIV is not giving him many problems... some allergies... lately his mouth.. but in the check-ups the vets are very optimistic and his semiannual tests so far, give good results. I just hope it stays that way for a lot more years. At the end of this month he's due for his checkup, let's hope it goes well.

Three cats is a good number! I was for more than six years with only two cats, but when I started to control feral colony I started to collect abandonments, sick and puppies... and since then although many have died, I always come back to collect another one. My husband says the limit is six... so I'm at the limit:biggrin: (my poor husband has infinite patience with me... he loves cats too but not as much as me.. )

Antonio65 Antonio65 , When you can, let us know about Princess Pallina's condition:vibes:
My heartfelt *PRAYERS* for Melchor to live long and prosper -- many FIV+ cats live long, happy, healthy lives and I pray Melchor is one of these!
Three cats is "an almost empty house" for me. I came to this house with nine, but over time they have passed, except for two, and I adopted one. My family and I have always rescued cats and always loved them very, very much. They are family to us, never "pets". I'm pretty sure Pallina enjoys that status in her home, as well. *PRAYERS* continuing for her recovery and for Antonio65 Antonio65 !

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 I just wanted to add all my prayers and well wishes to your sweet Pallina. You are an amazing cat parent. I admire your love and dedication you show to all the kitties that enter your life. I followed your journey wirh your precious Lola and I have been following your journey now with your sweet Pallina. I may not always post but my thoughts are always with you and sweet Pallina.
As others have said , if love can save your baby Pallina , she will live forever. She not only has her family's love but your TCS family's love as well. We all love your sweet baby and want her home safe and well with her familyl
I truly pray that God hears all our prayers and your sweet baby is home soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everybody!
You have been of incredible support through these hard days, I will never find the right words to express my gratitude, I'd wish to hug you all, one by one, and all together, and I would like to make you feel how much I love you all.

Pallina is a sweet Angel now, up there, where the sun always shines, where dishes are always filled up, and where no illness will ever be allowed.
She fought hard, but her road on this planet had reached the end.

I feel like I'm dying, my world is dark now.
I will write something soon, right now I can't even breathe.

Thanks again, you wonderful people, God bless you always!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio, I am so so so sorry.. I am holding you close in my heart and sending virtual hugs to you..

You did everything you could for Pallina.. traveling all over Europe, researching the web for treatments... all with love..

Pallina knew she was loved.. she hit the lottery when she came home to you..

You loved her beyond earthly treasures..

In the end, she knew love... and what a fighter.. Pallina, the Warrior Princess...
That is how I want to remember her..

Now, she is not feeling any pain.. she is free.. free to run around.. free to be joined with Lola... and she will meet Artie.. They will be a super threesome of kitties.. all of them whom have suffered and known love... and are now pain free, just waiting for us to rejoin them...

Pallina will always be with you... always...

typing is a bit difficult as tears are streaming down my face...

(((HUGS))) and hugs and more hugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.