Pallina's Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Friends,
Your messages overwhelm me, you are all so kind and dear and generous.

Right now I'm trying to keep myself together, the pain is huge, the sense of void in the house is immense.
I dread the moment when I have to remove all her things and put them away. She had so many items in the house...

I'm still trying to understand if this is a bad dream. My life will be different, I have no one to take care of. After 18 years with cats in my house, now I have to reschedule my days, and I think I will have too much spare time. Many habits I developed during these past years will stay with me, like being careful when opening the doors, not to let any cats run out. Or closing all room doors where there were dangerous objects for them. Or making sure that no small items were left around that they might swallow. And so on.

As soon as I have some strength, I will write a tribute in the Rainbow Bridge section.

Meanwhile, you all, know that I love you for being like you are. Do not change, you are perfect!

Thanks!
Oh, Antonio65 Antonio65 My heart has been broken again.. I have been in tears all day...

I do not know what to say.. only that all of us here, on TCS, are here for you..
xoxoxoxoxox

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Antonio,
Demi, Maggie, and I are sending you our sincerest condolences for the loss of your little doll Pallina. I don't know what to say to take the hurt away, but please know that we are here for you to listen and sending hugs. :redheartpump::hugs:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio like many others here I share tears with you and offer hugs across the miles. I know there are no words to take away the pain. You did everthing you could for Pallina. The bond you shared will always remain. Your love will always be with her and her love will always be with you.

Please remember you have a lot of support here and a lot of people that care about you. You have been there for many people on here and now is the time to allow this community to support you any way we can.

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Antonio65 Antonio65 , I'm so sorry to hear this. You know we're all here for you, whenever you need us. I'm afraid there's nothing much more we can say; it will just take time and grieving to get through this.

Sometimes it just all seems to hit at once, doesn't it?

:vibes: :alright: :vibes: :grouphug2: :hangin:

Rest in peace, Pallina. Have fun playing with Lola and Artie at the rainbow bridge, and always remember that you were and always will be loved.

:rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart:

Margret

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Antonio,
My sincerest condolences for the loss of your Pallina. I know you must be feeling unimaginable pain from your loss. I read your whole thread, and I hope you know that you did an amazing job fighting for and caring for your kitty to the very end. Your love and reverence for her life is a beautiful and touching thing to behold, and I'm sure nobody knew that more than Pallina. Please reach out to any of us if you feel the need!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Antonio, I'm very sad to read that Pallina lost her battle. You are a wonderful cat parent, you did everything you could for your girl. She was very lucky to have been loved by someone like you.

It's awful to have to say goodbye to an animal that has shared your home and your heart for so long, but that is part of our role as their guardians. We love them while they are here, care for them when they are sick and grieve for them when they die.

The greatest gift in life is to be remembered. I know that Pallina will live on in your heart forever.

I'm sorry for the pain you are feeling now. I wish I could lighten it a little.

:bouquet:

Thinking of you with much love...............

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio.......... I was going through and reading each post to get updated when I was stopped by your news. Your pain stopped me. I always wish I could take away the pain. I have also felt that kind of loss. I don’t know of any way to help you except to tell you that we will all do what we can to hold you up when you feel like falling. We will listen when you want to speak. We will talk if you feel alone. We will pray when you need help. We will share strength when you feel weak. Our shoulders will be there if you weep. Our hearts will be beating with yours. You may feel alone but you are not alone. Our tears will join yours. Even if you don’t know it, we will be thinking of you and Pallina. We stand with you to hold on to you. I am glad you two shared your love and your lives. You are a good and kind person and Pallina knew that. Pallina will still be here as a part of us all now. Thank you for letting us know her. My prayers will continue. I am so sorry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dear friends,,

I'm typing this message through a river of tears, the monitor is so fuzzy...

I would like to reply to each of you, individually, but my heart is shattered into tiny pieces and still my breath stops every now and then, sometimes I feel like I'm dying.

It's summer, it's rather hot over here, about 90°F, but I feel so cold.
I can't see any joy around me, not even the sun in the sky makes me feel good.
If it wasn't for the two semi-feral cats I feed in my yard, that give me some distraction, I would feel like dead.

Pallina, too, would like to thank you all for the love you had and still have for her. I and Pallina would have never imagined how many people could care for us, it's something that we weren't used to.

Pallina was a reserved kitty, she didn't like to be cuddled too much, and she didn't love strangers, she was scared by anybody who would come into our home and she would hide away.
But I think that she would have loved to receive a cuddle or a kiss from each of you. And she would have replied with a loud purr.

I think she is already playing with all your kitties at the Bridge. I would like to name them all, but I fear I could leave some cat out of the list, and this would be highly unfair, so, please, forgive me if I do not name them.

My God, what a huge number of virtual friends she did have.
I have received warmer and more heart-felt messages from you, miles away from here, than from people I know in the real life and that had known Pallina.
You would deserve a monument!

Please, accept my virtual hug, take it as if it was real, because this is what I would like to do.

Take care of of yourselves, and kiss your cats everyday! :catlove: :grouphug:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio, as all the others have stated, we are all here for you and always will be.
We all know the pain your heart is feeling.
The pain of losing our precious babies is unbearable. There are times you will feel like you can't go on, but you must and you will. Just think of your two kitties in your yard, they need and depend on you.
Dear Friend, I wish so much I had the magic words to bring you comfort, but the fact is there are no words. The loss is terrible and it hurts. I still cry over my Mickey every single day and it is over 4 years now.
We just love our kitties so much and are not sure how to cope with their loss.
All I can say is, we are here and we all care!
Yes, I hope that all our kitties are playing together, missing us, and waiting for us to join them one day.
Take Care my friend!
Love and hugs to you!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Antonio, on behalf of the TheCatSite Team, we are so very sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for your sweet girl. If you feel up to it some time, please consider starting a tribute thread for her in the Bridge forum.

I will now close this thread. Rest in peace, Pallina. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.