Newbie for sure

Slinden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone. My kittens’ name is Olivia. She is 5 months old and I got her from a rescue. I have never owned a cat or rescued any animal, so this was a first for me. I got her the day before Thanksgiving. I’ve had dogs all my life. I lost my last baby about 5 years ago to dementia and had to put her down, it traumatized me and I didn’t want to feel that way again. Fast forward I felt it was time for some love and affection with a pet. Decided on a kitten because of the work of house training a new puppy. I know nothing about cats so I will be hanging around here a lot in the months to come. I have so many questions to find answers for.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A BIG welcome to you and Olivia. She's gorgeous! And welcome to the world of being owned by a cat, as well.

Any questions that you don't find answers for, simply post in the appropriate forum!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
d6796594187e1c04bf472e28ae7ea1cf.gif
Slinden and Olivia and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
8800be739c60373dd272ab23a7e3c37a.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Olivia from the shelter and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

She is a pretty cute kitty :redheartpump::hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Since you you are a new cat owner, do read the articles below to orientate yourself on taking care of a cat.

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions and there's no such thing as a stupid question here and if you have any questions, feel free to start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings for a speedier reply and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Slinden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind comments and I look forward to learning about my baby girl

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: :dance:
Welcome to TCS Slinden Slinden
Its very nice to meet you and Olivia,she's beautiful

You've come to the right place,we are very excited to hear your experiences with your new baby - ask as many questions as you like,we will give you all the tips ,tricks and suggestions we have up our sleeves because that's what we are all here for.... to share!

Have fun!See ya round:wave2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! You can learn a lot, we have about a thousand years experience with all these members! Pray you have MANY years with your beautiful little one! PS it hurts a lot when you lose one, but what you gain is SO much more........

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a first time cat parent. :bouquet: Olivia is a cutie pie. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Slinden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and thank you