Need An Opinion Please!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Tammy doing today? Does she still have diarrhea? What are the ingredients in her new holistic dry food, is it grain free? I want to find a better dry food without artificial colors in it, but I'm not sure whether to get grain free or one with rice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I'm sorry I didn't post any updates. I was out of town from Thursday to Saturday evening, and didn't have internet access at the time. And because I was out of town I didn't have a chance to take a stool sample from Tammy to the vet clinic to be tested either. I'll have to do that sometime this week if possible. I had my grandparents look after my cat while I was away. (I live with them.) Tammy is acting REALLY strange by the way. After I got back home on Saturday evening, she was so distant towards me. At first I thought it was just me, but it turns out that she's distant towards everyone in the house. She's basically afraid of EVERYONE in the house, she won't go to get food if there's people blocking her path or are around the cat, I had to leave the litter box outside my room because she wouldn't come into my room when there's someone in it, she'll hide from people, she just seems completely withdrawn from people ever since I got back. So I'm wondering if something severely spooked her to the point she'd be so scared almost like the equivalent of an abused woman who's afraid of every man in the world. =/ I'm not sure what to do, to be honest. I'm very worried about Tammy.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I'm sorry I didn't post any updates. I was out of town from Thursday to Saturday evening, and didn't have internet access at the time. And because I was out of town I didn't have a chance to take a stool sample from Tammy to the vet clinic to be tested either. I'll have to do that sometime this week if possible. I had my grandparents look after my cat while I was away. (I live with them.) Tammy is acting REALLY strange by the way. After I got back home on Saturday evening, she was so distant towards me. At first I thought it was just me, but it turns out that she's distant towards everyone in the house. She's basically afraid of EVERYONE in the house, she won't go to get food if there's people blocking her path or are around the cat, I had to leave the litter box outside my room because she wouldn't come into my room when there's someone in it, she'll hide from people, she just seems completely withdrawn from people ever since I got back. So I'm wondering if something severely spooked her to the point she'd be so scared almost like the equivalent of an abused woman who's afraid of every man in the world. =/ I'm not sure what to do, to be honest. I'm very worried about Tammy.
It may be due to whatever is going on with her medically. Cats are often withdrawn when not feeling well. Is she eating and using her litterbox?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's sick. My cats hide when they don't feel good. Is she eating her canned food okay? How are things in the litter box?

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi kittensx4 kittensx4 I don't think you two understood what I meant... she's behaving like she's been beaten and afraid of people. =/

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't want to be touched when they don't feel good. But maybe something scared her. Is there still blood in her poop?

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi kittensx4 kittensx4 I don't think you two understood what I meant... she's behaving like she's been beaten and afraid of people. =/
I understand. But ANY type of behavior change can be due to illness. Not necessarily of course. Was there a thunderstorm while you were gone? That can traumatize some Cats? And your grandparents didn't mention anything scaring her that they noticed? Is she eating and using the litter box ok?

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats don't want to be touched when they don't feel good. But maybe something scared her. Is there still blood in her poop?
No there's no more blood in her poop from what I can see anyway.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand. But ANY type of behavior change can be due to illness. Not necessarily of course. Was there a thunderstorm while you were gone? That can traumatize some Cats? And your grandparents didn't mention anything scaring her that they noticed? Is she eating and using the litter box ok?
No there was no thunderstorm while I was gone from home. And no my grandparents didn't mention anything scaring my cat. The day I came home (Thursday evening) she seemed to be okay. But I think during that same night (Thursday night) something must've spooked/scared her very badly, and she's been withdrawn ever since then. =/ Well she does eat her wet food, and use the litter box, but she won't use the litter box either when no one is in my bedroom (where the litter box is located) or if I place the litter box out in the hallway for her to use. However, she seems to be slowly warming up to me again. Like if I put my finger near her face she normally won't react to it and turn her head away from my finger; almost like she's afraid of me or something. :( And she'll walk very slowly/carefully to where she's going. (e.g. litter box, wet food in the kitchen, etc etc.) She won't even come to get treats when I shake the Temptations bag like she usually has before. It's like she's terrified of me. It's very concerning, very frustrating, and very upsetting to know my cat has suddenly turned against me. :( :( :(

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No there was no thunderstorm while I was gone from home. And no my grandparents didn't mention anything scaring my cat. The day I came home (Thursday evening) she seemed to be okay. But I think during that same night (Thursday night) something must've spooked/scared her very badly, and she's been withdrawn ever since then. =/ Well she does eat her wet food, and use the litter box, but she won't use the litter box either when no one is in my bedroom (where the litter box is located) or if I place the litter box out in the hallway for her to use. However, she seems to be slowly warming up to me again. Like if I put my finger near her face she normally won't react to it and turn her head away from my finger; almost like she's afraid of me or something. :( And she'll walk very slowly/carefully to where she's going. (e.g. litter box, wet food in the kitchen, etc etc.) She won't even come to get treats when I shake the Temptations bag like she usually has before. It's like she's terrified of me. It's very concerning, very frustrating, and very upsetting to know my cat has suddenly turned against me. :( :( :(
Oh, don't think of it as Tammy turning against you. Something is just off with her and a cat can only express something wrong in very few ways. I'm glad she is eating but it still sounds to me like there is something going on with her???

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Could someone have accidentally kicked her and doesn't want to 'fess up?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have a family member who gets pretty mean to animals...and I have tried many times to talk about the right way and wrong way of dealing with pets and behaviors...but when a certain person kicks the pet it really pisses me off quite frankly-I try like hell to yell at them but they would just turn a deaf ear to me. I really hope this isn't what's going on.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you are much nicer than I am. I would be calling the police and if necessary grab a frying pan and attack someone if they hit or kicked my cats!!! Family or not. I grew up in a home where animals were abused and I have zero tolerance for it/bullies. Sit down with your family and tell them animal abuse is illegal. This is their one warning because they are "family" and if they ever touch one of your pets again you will be pressing charges. I would disown a family member over it. Children and animals can't protect themselves so it is our job to do it for them.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow you are much nicer than I am. I would be calling the police and if necessary grab a frying pan and attack someone if they hit or kicked my cats!!! Family or not. I grew up in a home where animals were abused and I have zero tolerance for it/bullies. Sit down with your family and tell them animal abuse is illegal. This is their one warning because they are "family" and if they ever touch one of your pets again you will be pressing charges. I would disown a family member over it. Children and animals can't protect themselves so it is our job to do it for them.
Agree. I too have zero tolerance for animal cruelty and I can promise you if someone, and I don't care who it was, laid a hand on any of my cats I would promptly knock them out.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But let's change that topic. Even if Tammy was accidentally ran into or tripped over that shouldn't spook her beyond the day it happened. My guess is she isn't feeling well.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mike, is she eating her new dry food? What are the ingredients, do you have a link?