Need An Opinion Please!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I don't think I'm gonna let her go outside after all, to be honest. Lot of crazy things can happen to cats that go outside. =/ Yeah my cat loves the gravy stuff too. In fact when she first came to live with me I bought some cans of the sliced up Fancy Feast gravy stuff and she loved it. Then when I got paid just recently I wanted to buy in bulk, and where I'm still trying to get used to what she likes and don't like, forgot to buy what she liked in the beginning and just bought a variety pack of this "pate" stuff, and I've noticed she doesn't eat much of it. Definitely not as much as the Fancy Feast sliced gravy stuff anyway. So I went downtown just a little while ago and bought some of what she liked in the beginning, gave her about half of a 3oz can, and she was chowing down like there was no tomorrow! She ate pretty much all of it, except just a tiny tiny bit on the plate. So I think I'm gonna stick with what she's always enjoyed and forget about buying that lame "pate" stuff. =/

I do post photos and videos to her own photo album on my Facebook. In fact, you can find the public link in my signature on here actually.
Gypsy doesn't go outside unless she is with one of us holding her leash.
At first she ate the Sheba pate quite readily until I bought it in bulk:lol: then she licked off all the juice and walked away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully your vet will get you in ASAP and let you make payments. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that all will be well. Let us know as soon as you know anything.
:alright: :grouphug2::grouphug: :crossfingers: :hearthrob: :redheartpump::vibes::vibes:
Oh my God! Thank you so so much for your support! It really means a lot to Tammy (my cat) and I! I'm so worried about her, and kinda worried that the vet will somehow find something to blame me on regarding how I raise my cat. :( :( :( Even though everyone on here has been telling me that I'm doing a great job.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get a stool sample to take into the vet? Giardia often gives cats bloody diarrhea and you have to get a special medicine to get rid of it. I was just wondering, when you put water on the dry food, how much water do you put on it and how long do you leave it out?

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my God! Thank you so so much for your support! It really means a lot to Tammy (my cat) and I! I'm so worried about her, and kinda worried that the vet will somehow find something to blame me on regarding how I raise my cat. :( :( :( Even though everyone on here has been telling me that I'm doing a great job.
Don't even worry about that. You are doing a great job. Cats get sick, you can't blame yourself. Did she get an appointment?

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gypsy doesn't go outside unless she is with one of us holding her leash.
At first she ate the Sheba pate quite readily until I bought it in bulk:lol: then she licked off all the juice and walked away.
Yeah at first I was thinking about tying her on with a 10ft rope and using her harness to experience the outdoors, but then I decided there's nothing wrong with keeping her as a indoors cat only. And after spotting a little bit of blood after she used the litter box last night, I am DEFINITELY NOT letting her go outdoors and contracting something horrible. =/

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you get a stool sample to take into the vet? Giardia often gives cats bloody diarrhea and you have to get a special medicine to get rid of it. I was just wondering, when you put water on the dry food, how much water do you put on it and how long do you leave it out?
No there's no way to get a stool sample now, especially after I scooped it up and threw it away. I didn't notice blood in her stool while she was using the litter box, but I also wasn't close enough to her to pick out color. I only noticed the spots of blood after she was done using it.

I can't be sure of how long I leave out the dry food once I put some water on it, maybe 30 minutes or so? Although I have put any water on her dry food since the day before yesterday, and I saw that she was eating some of her dry food early this morning. (This morning there was no water on her dry food by the way.)

Last edited:

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't even worry about that. You are doing a great job. Cats get sick, you can't blame yourself. Did she get an appointment?
No I didn't get through to a vet at the clinic, so I left a detailed voicemail message for them. So hopefully someone gets back to me very soon. :(

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AGREE! You are doing a wonderful job.
Thank you! It's thanks to wonderful and thoughtful people like you guys on these forums that I was able to draw my own conclusions and decide what to feed my cat, how to raise her, etc etc! I couldn't have done it without your help, tips, and advice.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I didn't get through to a vet at the clinic, so I left a detailed voicemail message for them. So hopefully someone gets back to me very soon. :(
I hope so. Hopefully it isn't anything serious and they can put your mind at ease.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah at first I was thinking about tying her on with a 10ft rope and using her harness to experience the outdoors, but then I decided there's nothing wrong with keeping her as a indoors cat only. And after spotting a little bit of blood after she used the litter box last night, I am DEFINITELY NOT letting her go outdoors and contracting something horrible. =/
Oh my God! Thank you so very much for your kind words, and hasty reply! I really do appreciate that! :D I'm glad you agree that I'm doing a very good job at taking care of my cat. That means a lot! :) At first I bought a cat wand (with a feather-like object at the end), and some balls (with bells in them) for my cat, but she didn't really respond to them. As I said, she certainly does enjoy her laser pointer and I found out last night that she loves loose string. So I've been using that! As soon as I discovered her loving string, it made me so very happy as a new pet owner! :D She's such a sweetheart, and very affectionate too! Most times she'll jump onto my lap and I pet her. Other times she will either lay on my dresser near my computer desk or right in front of my computer monitor! It's so adorable! :) I know what I'm doing is free feeding, but I make sure not to put A LOT in her food bowl so there's no chance of her splurging out on food, and possibly gaining weight. Yeah I kinda figured that's what my cat is doing when ever she follows me out into the kitchen, I just wanted to make sure, that's all. :) I often talk back to her and it's adorable because it's like we're having a conversation with each other. Hehehehe! :) And no she doesn't go into hiding when she does that weird thing and bolts out of my bedroom. She comes back, and sometimes it happens again. Cats are strange creatures anyway, so I knew that would possibly be a given. ;)
Yes me too! :( Thank you! :hugs:
Has Tammy been to this vet before? Maybe the SPCA where you got her from could help you find a vet, they might even know of one that would take payments.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has Tammy been to this vet before? Maybe the SPCA where you got her from could help you find a vet, they might even know of one that would take payments.
Yes Tammy has been to the same vet in April 2017, just over 2 months ago. I know this because when I adopted Tammy from the local SPCA cat shelter they provided me with what's called a "Cat's health passport", which lists information about the cat, what vaccinations she had, and even the contact information of the vet clinic she was at in the past.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes Tammy has been to the same vet in April 2017, just over 2 months ago. I know this because when I adopted Tammy from the local SPCA cat shelter they provided me with what's called a "Cat's health passport", which lists information about the cat, what vaccinations she had, and even the contact information of the vet clinic she was at in the past.
Oh that's great. They will be familiar with her history then. Now if they would just call back! :mad:

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh that's great. They will be familiar with her history then. Now if they would just call back! :mad:
Yeah I hope they call back soon! :( If not then I have to wait till Friday because they're only open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no! If they don't call soon I would try calling them again. Of course I'm a major worrier and SUPER impatient when it comes to my cats :kneading:
I just tried them again and it goes straight to their voicemail. Says if it's not after business hours then they're either on another call or can't come to the phone right now. :(

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just tried them again and it goes straight to their voicemail. Says if it's not after business hours then they're either on another call or can't come to the phone right now. :(
Ugh!!! I know it's so frustrating!!!

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
kittensx4 kittensx4 Finally got a hold of someone at the vet clinic, and currently on the phone with them right now. I'll keep you posted.