Need An Opinion Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank God!
So I just got off the phone with the vet clinic, and the receptionist told me she was talking to the doctor. The doctor said to get a fresh stool sample from my cat and bring it into the vet clinic Friday because they close soon today. And I also have to call the local SPCA cat shelter where I adopted Tammy from and get them to transfer Tammy's medical records to the vet clinic here so they can transfer everything into my name, and then put my information into their system.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I just got off the phone with the vet clinic, and the receptionist told me she was talking to the doctor. The doctor said to get a fresh stool sample from my cat and bring it into the vet clinic Friday because they close soon today. And I also have to call the local SPCA cat shelter where I adopted Tammy from and get them to transfer Tammy's medical records to the vet clinic here so they can transfer everything into my name, and then put my information into their system.
Ok good. How does she seem? Is she acting like her normal self?

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok good. How does she seem? Is she acting like her normal self?
She seems to be doing okay. I mean she's being her usual lazy self and currently laying down/napping on top of my dresser, which is next to my desktop computer. Guess she wanted to be close to me. :) She's so beautiful and sweet! I loves her to pieces!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
just catching up-sounds like she is due for the second round of worming-they worm two weeks apart-I see where you adopted her 2 weeks ago=it's most likely just time for another worming.

if she keeps up with the squirts=get some plain canned pumpkin in the bakery lane-nothing else for ingredients=just pumpkin. see if she will lick it off your finger=a teaspoon a day helps with loose/hard stools-you can try just 1/2 tsp today. you can also get plain yogurt no sugar/flavoring added and see if she will eat that-that will help her gut flora.

They can send you home with the pill to give or they can have you bring her in and worm her. some worming takes 3 tries to get rid of them. but best to save a sample of the yucks to test.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing okay. I mean she's being her usual lazy self and currently laying down/napping on top of my dresser, which is next to my desktop computer. Guess she wanted to be close to me. :) She's so beautiful and sweet! I loves her to pieces!
Well I'm glad she seems herself. And she definitely is as beauty. Come Friday you should have things figured out after the vet.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I'm glad she seems herself. And she definitely is as beauty. Come Friday you should have things figured out after the vet.
Thanks! And I sure hope that I'll know if there's anything serious going on with Tammy by sometime Friday.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just catching up-sounds like she is due for the second round of worming-they worm two weeks apart-I see where you adopted her 2 weeks ago=it's most likely just time for another worming.

if she keeps up with the squirts=get some plain canned pumpkin in the bakery lane-nothing else for ingredients=just pumpkin. see if she will lick it off your finger=a teaspoon a day helps with loose/hard stools-you can try just 1/2 tsp today. you can also get plain yogurt no sugar/flavoring added and see if she will eat that-that will help her gut flora.

They can send you home with the pill to give or they can have you bring her in and worm her. some worming takes 3 tries to get rid of them. but best to save a sample of the yucks to test.
Wait, are you saying that I'm supposed to give my cat worm treatments every 2 weeks? o_O The shelter never told me that... And I may have adopted her 2 weeks ago, but she last seen the vet in April of this year.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
De-wormer is usually given once and then again two weeks later to get the eggs that hatch. Do you know if they did that?

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, cats get wormed two times, 2 weeks apart. So if she was only wormed once at the shelter, then she would still need her second round.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, cats get wormed two times, 2 weeks apart. So if she was only wormed once at the shelter, then she would still need her second round.
Wait, I'm confused now! Wouldn't the cat shelter have told me that she'd have to get de-wormed again? o_O

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
De-wormer is usually given once and then again two weeks later to get the eggs that hatch. Do you know if they did that?
No I don't know if they did that, to be honest. All it says on my cat's health passport that she has been to the vet in April of this year. I can't believe the cat shelter didn't tell me that she didn't receive her 2nd treatment... =/

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wait, I'm confused now! Wouldn't the cat shelter have told me that she'd have to get de-wormed again? o_O
Maybe she was dewormed twice? This could be something unrelated or maybe she is stubborn and needs a third deworming. Try not to worry to much, easier said than done, I am sure the vet will sort it all out on friday.

mewcatmew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For toothpaste, I use C.E.T. brand. You can buy a cat toothbrush, C.E.T. even sells a sample pack that comes with a tiny brush. The toothpaste is not like human toothpaste, it is enzymatic, so basically if you get the paste on the teeth it will work. Your cat is young, so if he is following you around it probably just wants attention and playtime.

As for the food, just stick to something with higher-quality ingredients. It is slightly pricier, but if you can afford it, it is well worth it.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For toothpaste, I use C.E.T. brand. You can buy a cat toothbrush, C.E.T. even sells a sample pack that comes with a tiny brush. The toothpaste is not like human toothpaste, it is enzymatic, so basically if you get the paste on the teeth it will work. Your cat is young, so if he is following you around it probably just wants attention and playtime.

As for the food, just stick to something with higher-quality ingredients. It is slightly pricier, but if you can afford it, it is well worth it.
I appreciate your insight, but I've gotten the answers to my questions days ago. Thank you though.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe the shelter felt that one worming would be fine..I would call and ask..
I messaged the woman that operates the cat shelter here in my town, and she hasn't replied yet. Asked her if Tammy has had the 2 de-worming treatments or not.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I messaged the woman that operates the cat shelter here in my town, and she hasn't replied yet. Asked her if Tammy has had the 2 de-worming treatments or not.
Off topic, which might be good to get your mind off this for a bit, but I wanted to ask you when you went to the shelter, how did you decide on Tammy? What was it about her?