Name Three Things - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester i hate to be there bearer of bad news but you should consume 95oz of water daily, keep in mind 20% comes from fruits and vegetables and juice.
I drink (5) 16.9 ounce bottles of water a day per my Dr recommendations. I count them out and put them on a dedicated to me shelf in the fridge and make it a point to drink a bottle every 2 hours. These little tricks help me to get enough.
Honestly, I think the 95 ounces of water is way too much; especially for someone who is not accustomed to drinking water. Too much water can be a bad thing, also

Personally, I drank 60 oz of water, daily for 10 days. I ended up being hospitalized in the Medical Intensive Care Unit for 3 days and 3 more days in a regular hospital room. I had lowered my sodium and potassium to dangerous levels. I was on a constant over drip, IV sodium along with blood tests every 2 hours, round the clock. I was on the verge of possibly having a seizure.
I was discharged with sodium pills and instructions NOT to drink any more than 46 oz per day. Now, when I drink more during the summer, I can feel myself getting short of breath, so I take a couple of pills for a couple of days.

I honestly feel that Winchester Winchester should listen to the amount of fluids her doctors are recommending. They know her situation, not us.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't matter. There is no way I can drink 95 ounces of water. I thought I was doing well by drinking 48 ounces, but sometimes I can't even do that. I have to get the nausea down to a low roar! If I can do that, I can drink more. I drink water, I mix orange juice with water, I eat Del Monte diced peaches and fruit. I eat Yoplait yogurt. I drink a couple mugs of hot decaf tea. Some days, I can drink a caffeine-free Pepsi (which, they say, does count toward fluid intake).

They told me today to start using the anti-nausea meds again, even though I'm no longer doing chemo. They said it'll help with the nausea.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I think the 95 ounces of water is way too much; especially for someone who is not accustomed to drinking water. Too much water can be a bad thing, also

Personally, I drank 60 oz of water, daily for 10 days. I ended up being hospitalized in the Medical Intensive Care Unit for 3 days and 3 more days in a regular hospital room. I had lowered my sodium and potassium to dangerous levels. I was on a constant over drip, IV sodium along with blood tests every 2 hours, round the clock. I was on the verge of possibly having a seizure.
I was discharged with sodium pills and instructions NOT to drink any more than 46 oz per day. Now, when I drink more during the summer, I can feel myself getting short of breath, so I take a couple of pills for a couple of days.

I honestly feel that Winchester Winchester should listen to the amount of fluids her doctors are recommending. They know her situation, not us.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, for all my whining here on TCS, was actually a fairly good day. Only a few dry heaves and they were minor. And I made a turkey pie for dinner last night, including crust and gravy, without having to sit down and rest between steps. And I cleaned up afterward. And I got some much-needed water in me, too. Still tired, but the rubbery-leg thing is starting to dissipate; it's not as bad as it was. I managed to get the kitchen cleaned/straightened-up and wiped down the bathroom as well. When I get tired, I grab the blanket on the back of couch, curl up and nap for an hour or so. It helps. It's actually a single electric blanket, so it warms me up when I start to freeze to death, too. (Rick swears he wants to get a picture of me in my little head cap, wrapped up in the blanket with the three girls all curled up with me to keep warm. I told him that, if he ever takes a picture of me, he better sleep with one eye open! It won't be pretty!)

We only ended up with about three inches of snow yesterday, but it snowed, sleeted, whatever pretty much all day. And then the wind picked up and started blowing it all around. This morning, the sun is shining and it's beautiful outside. Cold, frigid. But really pretty.
  • Rick got up with the girls and then Molli came back to bed. We lounged until 8:00 or so, then I got up and gave them their after-breakfast breakfast and am enjoying my coffee with a slice of toast with apple butter. Somewhere I got on an apple butter kick.
  • Vacuum, swiffer. And when I get tired, I'll sit for a while.
  • I need to put some audiobooks on Rick's mom's Kindle for her. I haven't done it since I was in the hospital and she's getting antsy. She doesn't want to make more work for me, but she'd really appreciate some books. I understand. It's been a while! I'll put them on in my Kindle, using Rick's library card. And then they'll show up on her Kindle, since she's using the same library card.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're at 8F this morning. :cold: :cold: I am never going to be warm again.
  • IV/fluids this morning
  • Still working on cleaning my messy desk
  • I'm trying to find a blasted FitBit that works. Mine gave up while I was in the hospital and, for the life of me, I can't get it to get past the logo screen. It stays on the screen til the battery dies. Charge it up, only to see the logo screen again. I've tried everything I can think of, including calling it some choice adjectives. Nothing. I got Rick's old Blaze (used to be mine) out and that won't take a charge...which is why we got him a new FitBit. I need something, but I'm not sure I want another FitBit. Since Google took them over, the quality just isn't there anymore. I don't know what to do.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about the Fitbit. They just are not as good as they used to be. I got a the latest in the Charge series. I do not like it. Just trying to sync it with the app was a monumental problem. This needed to be done in order to set it up. It needs to be charged every other day! Runs dow so soon. I had it off for about a week. Of course the battery ran down. I charged it. It took the charge; however , the date is not correct. It is permanently set for a week ago. From Jan 8 on... I cannot sync it to the correct day and time.

I swear it was a waste of money.. Thinking of going back to a regular watch.. or even an Apple Watch. I do not know what I am going to do.
So far, it is still synced with my phone, for text messages; but, if you look at my phone, it is not synced!! stupid contraption. It has terrible reviews.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Walked the mall this morning, finishing my puzzle and making hotel reservation’s for our trip this afternoon.
We're at 8F this morning. :cold: :cold: I am never going to be warm again.
  • IV/fluids this morning
  • Still working on cleaning my messy desk
  • I'm trying to find a blasted FitBit that works. Mine gave up while I was in the hospital and, for the life of me, I can't get it to get past the logo screen. It stays on the screen til the battery dies. Charge it up, only to see the logo screen again. I've tried everything I can think of, including calling it some choice adjectives. Nothing. I got Rick's old Blaze (used to be mine) out and that won't take a charge...which is why we got him a new FitBit. I need something, but I'm not sure I want another FitBit. Since Google took them over, the quality just isn't there anymore. I don't know what to do.
Maybe an Apple watch? Expensive but pretty handy for a lot of things.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, for all my whining here on TCS, was actually a fairly good day. Only a few dry heaves and they were minor. And I made a turkey pie for dinner last night, including crust and gravy, without having to sit down and rest between steps. And I cleaned up afterward. And I got some much-needed water in me, too. Still tired, but the rubbery-leg thing is starting to dissipate; it's not as bad as it was. I managed to get the kitchen cleaned/straightened-up and wiped down the bathroom as well. When I get tired, I grab the blanket on the back of couch, curl up and nap for an hour or so. It helps. It's actually a single electric blanket, so it warms me up when I start to freeze to death, too. (Rick swears he wants to get a picture of me in my little head cap, wrapped up in the blanket with the three girls all curled up with me to keep warm. I told him that, if he ever takes a picture of me, he better sleep with one eye open! It won't be pretty!)

We only ended up with about three inches of snow yesterday, but it snowed, sleeted, whatever pretty much all day. And then the wind picked up and started blowing it all around. This morning, the sun is shining and it's beautiful outside. Cold, frigid. But really pretty.
  • Rick got up with the girls and then Molli came back to bed. We lounged until 8:00 or so, then I got up and gave them their after-breakfast breakfast and am enjoying my coffee with a slice of toast with apple butter. Somewhere I got on an apple butter kick.
  • Vacuum, swiffer. And when I get tired, I'll sit for a while.
  • I need to put some audiobooks on Rick's mom's Kindle for her. I haven't done it since I was in the hospital and she's getting antsy. She doesn't want to make more work for me, but she'd really appreciate some books. I understand. It's been a while! I'll put them on in my Kindle, using Rick's library card. And then they'll show up on her Kindle, since she's using the same library card.
Yeah,Rick just better forget about that little itchy camera finger there !lol

My heart really goes out to you,I still get nauseous with those dry heaves( post chemo) and its hard for anyone to really now how difficult it is to get down & hold down water or any fluids- cola is pretty good too for nausea,if you can get cola syrup from your pharmacy and of course the Compazind Rx but who wants to be knocked out? What about the chills? Oi vey,just can't warm up with those awful chills( & I'm in Florida it's really ridiculous!) I can't imagine being in cold weather?!!!!!

I think everyone's scripts are screwy at the beginning of the year with these ins co,it's like starting over every single year - this yr Medicare switched my Rx plan to a new provider - of course my pharmacy had no info sent to them but I know the routine come January so I called Medicare,got all the info,my script info and gave it to my pharmacy in advance...had I not it would have been a problem when my Dr e-scribed It's a real shame we have to do everyone's job for them or we suffer the consequences- not right,right?

artiemom artiemom - not sure about where you are but here Walgreens delivers Rx,might be a great option for you if you have the option

@Winchester,perhaps you can use your hospital outpatient pharmacy like I do( many cancer patients can) makes life alot simpler- they are never out of anything

Well,we all can relate to one another- it's a good feeling knowing we csn gripe and vent and our friends " get it".... though I wish ya didnt❤

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Worried about Belle in the boarding house while we’re on vacation

Drove the Jeep up The Chute
IMG_8038.jpeg

Fretted about Belle

Wore out Minerva
IMG_8029.jpeg

Still missing Belle very much. *Sigh*

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So how do you get back down The Chute Cat McCannon Cat McCannon ? Drive it backward?
Kwik Kwik , I'm constantly freezing to death. Hands, head, ears. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!
artiemom artiemom Yes, since Google took over Fitbit, I swear the watches are set to die after about 18 months. I started having trouble syncing the Versa back in December. And when I got home from the hospital, it was completely dead. I've tried everything. I did look at Apple watches, susanm9006 susanm9006 , but yeah, they're a little pricey. Although, it if would last me longer than 18 months, it would be worth it. I looked at Garmin, too, but they're not a good product with a lot of complaints. I have a ways to go before I'll be walking 3 miles a day, but I am hoping to start walking through the house, even a little bit, so I guess I have time to figure something out.

It's snowing this morning and is to continue most of the day, but it's really fine stuff, so around 3 inches is what we'll probably end up with. We're not going anywhere, so let it snow, I guess. Schools are set to ZOOM today. My sister said her school is ZOOMING for instruction. She has some work to do and will get some housework done before settling in to do her class stuff. PennDOT has been out our road once so far.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. After breakfast, Molli came back and snuggled up with me until 9:00, when Muffin came back, yelling and screaming about her after-breakfast breakfast. We were awake, just lying there enjoying being warm. I'm up now, the girls have had their after-breakfast breakfast, I talked to my sister for a while on the phone, and I'm back here with my coffee.
  • I need to get the ground beef out of the fridge to make sure it's thawed to make meat loaf for dinner tonight. I have some Granny smith apples in the fridge. Thinking of making an apple coffee cake for a bit of dessert. It's made with apples and warm coffee with brown sugar and cinnamon as the topping. One of my son's ex-GFs gave me the recipe years and years ago and it's become a staple around here. And it gives me an excuse to turn the oven on to warm the kitchen a bit. It's a good day to bake something.
  • My desk is still messy...........

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to go to the dentist's office for a cleaning this morning. They called last night to say that of course if they shut the office I would be called. And if I decided to cancel that was fine, they'd reschedule. So after Himself shuttled his car to the bottom of the driveway this morning (he took mine down yesterday evening) he told me to call. I did, and I think they are just as happy to close the office early. I now have an appointment for Monday afternoon.

Cat in my lap, fire in the wood burning stove. It's good. Glad I'm not going anywhere.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So how do you get back down The Chute Cat McCannon Cat McCannon ? Drive it backward?
Kwik Kwik , I'm constantly freezing to death. Hands, head, ears. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!
artiemom artiemom Yes, since Google took over Fitbit, I swear the watches are set to die after about 18 months. I started having trouble syncing the Versa back in December. And when I got home from the hospital, it was completely dead. I've tried everything. I did look at Apple watches, susanm9006 susanm9006 , but yeah, they're a little pricey. Although, it if would last me longer than 18 months, it would be worth it. I looked at Garmin, too, but they're not a good product with a lot of complaints. I have a ways to go before I'll be walking 3 miles a day, but I am hoping to start walking through the house, even a little bit, so I guess I have time to figure something out.

It's snowing this morning and is to continue most of the day, but it's really fine stuff, so around 3 inches is what we'll probably end up with. We're not going anywhere, so let it snow, I guess. Schools are set to ZOOM today. My sister said her school is ZOOMING for instruction. She has some work to do and will get some housework done before settling in to do her class stuff. PennDOT has been out our road once so far.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. After breakfast, Molli came back and snuggled up with me until 9:00, when Muffin came back, yelling and screaming about her after-breakfast breakfast. We were awake, just lying there enjoying being warm. I'm up now, the girls have had their after-breakfast breakfast, I talked to my sister for a while on the phone, and I'm back here with my coffee.
  • I need to get the ground beef out of the fridge to make sure it's thawed to make meat loaf for dinner tonight. I have some Granny smith apples in the fridge. Thinking of making an apple coffee cake for a bit of dessert. It's made with apples and warm coffee with brown sugar and cinnamon as the topping. One of my son's ex-GFs gave me the recipe years and years ago and it's become a staple around here. And it gives me an excuse to turn the oven on to warm the kitchen a bit. It's a good day to bake something.
  • My desk is still messy...........
🎼Let it snow 🎵let it snow 🎶let it snow🎼🎶🎵

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on today. We did end up with around 3 inches of snow yesterday. Our neighbor came over while Rick was out; he plowed us out. Rick told him it was not necessary, not with 3 inches, but he said he was already here, so he'd just finish the job. It didn't take him long. More snow/sleet/rain to come on Tuesday, they say. We're at 14F with a high of 22F. A good day to stay in the house.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • One load of laundry
  • Rick will be watching football this afternoon. I may take a book to bed and read for a while.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day is starting off semi-productive the cats are fed, the trash is out, the dishwasher emptied, have to get online and sort out a mess from work (great to be on when noone else is on), going to tackle the walk in closet today and re-stall some racks and the like. Cold outside probably put on a pot of soup.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much going on today. We did end up with around 3 inches of snow yesterday. Our neighbor came over while Rick was out; he plowed us out. Rick told him it was not necessary, not with 3 inches, but he said he was already here, so he'd just finish the job. It didn't take him long. More snow/sleet/rain to come on Tuesday, they say. We're at 14F with a high of 22F. A good day to stay in the house.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • One load of laundry
  • Rick will be watching football this afternoon. I may take a book to bed and read for a while.
14F brrrr,& I was complaining as I put on a jacket because it dropped down to 64F this morning and I'm freezing!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been one of those “what have I been doing?” weeks. The joys of retirement are that you can sometimes just let time slip away. We did get our New Orleans trip all finalized and booked, I finished a puzzle and started a new one, and I moved furniture around in my living room. The goal for today is to get in and get my hair cut and stop at Sam’s Club on the way back.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I think Rick will be visiting with his mom today. I saved her a piece of the apple cake I made because I know she really likes it. Another very cold day, although the sun is shining.
I got hardly any sleep last night. Rick was really snoring and I couldn't sleep. I'd elbow him to roll over and he would, but then a few minutes later, he'd roll back. So between that and me getting up to pee and then drinking water, it was a long night. He got up with the girls this morning, but woke me up when he shut the closet door in the bedroom. I just got up and started my day.
  • I didn't get the laundry done yesterday, so threw a load in the washer this morning.
  • Still researching fitness watches. Still confused as heck.
  • Finishing up my Sam's list. Seems like it's been forever since we did a large grocery run. I am out of eggs and I might have a scant cup of sugar in my jar. We are going to try a trip to Sam's some morning this week; if I get too tired to walk around, I can always sit down with a Coke for a while.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Rick will be visiting with his mom today. I saved her a piece of the apple cake I made because I know she really likes it. Another very cold day, although the sun is shining.
I got hardly any sleep last night. Rick was really snoring and I couldn't sleep. I'd elbow him to roll over and he would, but then a few minutes later, he'd roll back. So between that and me getting up to pee and then drinking water, it was a long night. He got up with the girls this morning, but woke me up when he shut the closet door in the bedroom. I just got up and started my day.
  • I didn't get the laundry done yesterday, so threw a load in the washer this morning.
  • Still researching fitness watches. Still confused as heck.
  • Finishing up my Sam's list. Seems like it's been forever since we did a large grocery run. I am out of eggs and I might have a scant cup of sugar in my jar. We are going to try a trip to Sam's some morning this week; if I get too tired to walk around, I can always sit down with a Coke for a while.
Sam's has motorized carts .Gee ,I don't know how I'd ever be able to shop a without one- at first I didn't even think of them til someone said" why don't you use a scooter "..... I just never needed any assistance so it didn't occur to me,maybe you didn't notice either- some stores you have to ask and they'll get you one- like Costco,they are not out front in my area store