Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went appliance shopping intending to at least buy my new dryer but it was several hundred dollars more than when I first looked at it. The sales person said it would go on sale in early February so I will wait and hope my current dryer doesn’t conk before then. The stove, on the other hand, hadn’t changed prices. Deciding whether to just go ahead and buy it or not.

It’s rowing day, which I will do shortly and then I will attempt a repair on my battery operated snow thrower. When using it last week a piece of plastic cover broke off and I am hoping to be able to superglue it back on.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today
1)we will go out for lunch
2) go to Wal-Mart for this and that
3) go to the feed and mercantile with my peanut feeder that the small pieces just shower out and discuss options.

Before Thanksgiving I called the health center to discuss changing how I take my prescription. It was approved. Last week I called the pharmacy - in case the new quantity had not been discussed with them - spoke to the pharmacist, told him I have 5 days supply. This morning spoke to pharmacy to be sure they have it and I can pick up. No they don't. It was faxed over but not replied to. He will call them. I phoned the clinic, finally spoke to a person, and supposedly they will get a prescription to the pharmacy. Guess what? I have one for tonight and then I'm out. Oh joy. Not.

BUT there is a huge flock of robins all around the house! Just now! Very happy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today
1)we will go out for lunch
2) go to Wal-Mart for this and that
3) go to the feed and mercantile with my peanut feeder that the small pieces just shower out and discuss options.

Before Thanksgiving I called the health center to discuss changing how I take my prescription. It was approved. Last week I called the pharmacy - in case the new quantity had not been discussed with them - spoke to the pharmacist, told him I have 5 days supply. This morning spoke to pharmacy to be sure they have it and I can pick up. No they don't. It was faxed over but not replied to. He will call them. I phoned the clinic, finally spoke to a person, and supposedly they will get a prescription to the pharmacy. Guess what? I have one for tonight and then I'm out. Oh joy. Not.

BUT there is a huge flock of robins all around the house! Just now! Very happy!
Don’t know what brand peanut feeder you have but I had an issue this summer with peanuts falling out of my Bromes Squirrel Buster peanut feeder. Turned out the last bag of peanuts I bought were smaller, I guess more like spanish peanuts, than regular peanuts and slipped out more easily. I bought a different bag and they were fine. I will probably replace my feeder which is very old this year and now Bromes makes one with two different screens so that if you are using a smaller nut it won’t fall through.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply, susanm9006 susanm9006 My feeder has a sturdy metal mesh with dismond shaped opening. The feed and mercantile sells small bags of what I would call peanut hearts and they just cascade out. Peanuts, even if I sat there and shelled them, would be far too coarse. Need a happy medium . . .

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pharmacy did not have new 2x/day prescription. But they did have the old 1x/day prescription (which will be good for 45 days at a.m./p.m. dosage.)

Came home, called health center, waited on hold, finally a person to talk to! She didn't seem clear on what I was trying to explain. Finally understood. I will be called back . . . which did happen a few hours later. I'm supposed to use what I picked up today at 2x/day and when it is done I should call the pharmacy and tell them to look for new prescription.

Health center sort of indicates it was an issue with the pharmacy. Pharmacy sort of indicated it was something with the health center. I really don't care but do with they'd get their act together.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very chilly morning. So far I have

1) fed the cats
2) put out bird feeders
3) made a fire in the wood burning stove
4) brought in the large pot of leek and potato soup that was put outside to chill when it was pureed after cooking yesterday evening and portioned out into quart containers (four, plus a half.)

Then this morning I am going over to a friend in Pennsylvania to deliver frozen containers of chili, cans of red beans, cans of corn. And oh yes, a container of leek and potato soup. Next week she goes for shoulder replacement surgery. Having had, in the past, repair of a broken wrist I know how nice it is to have already prepared meals on hand.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been through that C catapault and it just makes you crazy. My insurer just switched all of our prescriptions to a new online pharmacy and I am anticipating it‘s going to be a nightmare.

Rather simple day yesterday until I came back from some errands and noticed one of my window well covers had flown off. In a normal winter I would have just left it rather than wading through deep snow, but since we have almost none I walked back to pick it up. As I walked past by gas meter at the corner of the house, I heard quite loud gurgling/hissing/humming noises coming from the normally silent meter. I didn’t smell gas, but clearly this was not good. Called the gas company and two trucks were here within 20 minutes and spent about an hour replacing parts. I don’t know what the consequences would have been had it continued unrepaired all winter but glad I didn’t need to find out. They guys that came were great, making sure when they were done that the water heater was relit and the furnace working properly. Willow was in major stress mode for the rest of the afternoon and evening because of strangers in the house.

Not a clue what I am going to do today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day:
* Regular morning stuff-- vacuum, dishes, etc
* morning meds for Geoffrey
* changed bed linens
* put rest of Christmas decorations away
* had to take a couple of breaks between the vacuuming, and putting the decorations away-- cuddled with Geoffrey for a few minutes in-between.
* took all pots, utensils out from the cabinet; washing down before using.
* took hours, to chop, and make the huge pot of minestrone soup. I have not made it for years. I could not find my really good recipes, but I found a different one, with comments from 2005-- saying: Excellent. So, I followed it today.. not all that great.. something missing.. and some veggies were too much.. .. It made a ton of soup. I added more comments to it..

I think next time I will chop the veggies the day before and fully review the recipe...
I really cannot believe how I did this before!! I was working, did shopping on Saturdays. Sundays were up early for Mass with my dad, and then a second cup of coffee, picked up around the house; started supper, doing laundry in between!! Wow.. how did I manage??
Of course I did have a dishwasher, which made things a bit easier. Today, I was trying to wash as I went along, but I ran out of room to put the stuff!!

I brought some soup, pasta and grated parm to a friend who is recovering from Covid. She is testing negative, but.... I double masked and put gloves on.. You cannot be too careful! She said it was delicious! She is too nice.

* took a very late shower. I started cooking late for me.

Now, I am done for the night. I do have a lot of utensils to put away. I like to air dry them. It does smell so good in here.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Went to the gym
Met a friend for coffee
Got the garbage and recycling ready
Picked up something at the deli for DH
Gave Carleton his nighttime medicine

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
All the feeders are low so I need to go out and restock them. I will probably also toss out some of my acorn stash for the squirrels. This afternoon I am going to start researching tickets and hotels for an April New Orleans trip with my son and his gf.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have done:
Got up, fed my cats, had a 'brush and purr' session with Cricket
Did a cat care shift at the resuce (Fed the cats,tidied up the cageless rooms, and enjoyed visitng withi the other volunteers)
Chat with my sister on Messanger.

It's a rainy day, cold and overcast. I think I'll go get my yarn and knit for a bit. I should clean, I should pay bills, but tomorrow is another day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Paid bills but need to sort mail
Texted with my sister
Did laundry
Changed the linens
Chatted with my friend who recently lost her spouse

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a weird day:
Cleaner was supposed to come it; but she did not. She had Covid and was back to work, but her schedule was all messed up. I am kind of glad she did not come in.
* Took all the stuff out of the bathroom, the BR floor, and the kitchen floor. Got out cleaning supplies for her.
* Put them all back, after an hour of waiting.
* Since the doors were empty of any toys, litter box, I ended up taking a wet Swiffer to them-- a couple of times.
So glad, my gut feeling told me to pick up and wipe down the bathroom on Friday!
* Medicated Geoffrey-- chemo day
* did nothing else the rest of the day.. My back has been bothering me. ...
* Binge re-watch the first season of The Chosen.
* nibbled in between, with Geoffrey on my lap. It was a good, relaxing day.

Plans for today:
* make a phone call
* regular morning stuff.. vacuum, morning meds for Geoffrey, shower, etc
* Have to dump and clean litter box
* Depending on how back feels and how bored I am, I may, and I say may, throw together a pumpkin bread mix.
* Sort through and pay bills.
* pick up mail-- waiting since Friday.
* That is is... nibble, and have minestrone soup.. put some away in freezer.
** Geoffrey, cuddles in between all..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up, laying in bed, Mr Poe there also. And I hear a faint beep, beep, beeping noise. Listen for a bit. Poke Himself and ask, "Is someone plowing the driveway?" Yes indeed, our snow plow guy is here. We got only about 2 inches of snow but it was warm enough that some melted and the driveway is icy. So he came, driveway is now plowed, his assistant shoveled the front walk, snow melter was spread too. Happy, happy.

I fed the cats as soon as I was downstairs. Put out bird feeders - there was a bird on each one before I even got my muck boots off. Made a fire in the stove. Now having my coffee. Need to go back upstairs, make the bed, etc.

So glad Himself is not plowing the driveway with his ATV. Yes it has a plow, but A) the driveway is steep and B) if the driveway is icy it could be altogether too exciting.

No idea what I'm doing for the rest of the day but I am sure things will turn up.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
* Regular morning stuff-- morning meds for Geoffrey
* Zoom Appointment
* warm up car-- to try to melt snow
* Go out to clean Snow off car...
* Get inside-- either tea or hot chocolate
* make a business call,
* make personal call
* Clean out Litter Genie
* reheat soup for supper

I think that is is for the day... But, something else will always show up...