Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tax stuff this morning. I have reached minimum distribution age and now have to mess with things like tax withholding and estimated taxes. PITA. The girls were up in the wee hours last night annoying each other through Lola’s gate, so she slept in and didn’t leave when I opened her door this morning . This at least gave me computer time without having to shoo her away or put her down every few minutes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
* up early for Mass
*home; Made a nice cup of tea-- real tea leaves, and cruised the web..
* text messages for Happy NY. one phone call.. messages went on all day-- off and on..
* Cuddle with Geoffrey
* quick vacuum
* trash, and trash, As soon as I came back from the trash room; Geoffrey threw up.. and then after supper mess.. trash room all afternoon
* Cleaned Litter Genie, which I had to go to the rash room, again.
* Gave Geoffrey a Cerenia, cuz he did not seem good. Crying and refusing his dry food, which he loves.
* supper
* Evening meds for Geoffrey and me...
* getting Laundry ready for pick-up... Yes, I am being lazy--- busy couple of weeks, and since we have such a large Covid outbreak, I do not want to go anywhere near the laundry room... sigh, I miss having my own washer and dryer... sigh...
I think it is safer to send out. My laundry is nice and clean.. comes back really clean, and folded nicely. I usually just send bed linen and towels, but this time it is my 'whites'....
* Finally, hoping to get into pj's and relax for the rest of the night.......

I was going to pack away some Christmas stuff.. but decided not to.. Not up to it today. No hurray. it is just the Nativity, Angels and a couple of Snowmen. and a couple of figurines.
leaving the "Let it Snow" wall hanging out for a bit longer.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Would like to get all the Christmas stuff down today

Go around back to fetch Christmas sign( mat as well go get mail if I get out there)
Put away all decorations out front

Do what I can inside- maybe the patio stuff and if I can finish all that..... then put it up in storage room

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe I've whizzed through it all and I'm finished putting it all away and it only 5am( only one thing left) so I have another 3 things to do list. I do as much as I can when I've got the ummmph to - brace up the knees and ready for take off

1- "Happy Birthday Jesus "are inflatable letters- so have to get them down and deflate each one---- oi vey!

2- get them packed and into storage

3- food delivery today- make room in freezer for when it arrives

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After a few days of sitting, back to getting things done. Dismantled the Shark vacuum and washed parts and filters, threw in a load of cat bedding. Finished declutterring the linen closet and tossed a bunch of unneeded things in the trash. If I still have energy this afternoon I will wipe down the living room floors.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
After a few days of sitting, back to getting things done. Dismantled the Shark vacuum and washed parts and filters, threw in a load of cat bedding. Finished declutterring the linen closet and tossed a bunch of unneeded things in the trash. If I still have energy this afternoon I will wipe down the living room floors.
I seriously doubt that,you're never just sitting
Row row row yer boat🤗

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usual morning - got up, made bed, fed cats, put out bird feeders (bring them in for the night.)

Intermittent / occasional handyman came, and in one hour he raked accumulated leaves from under shrubs (spirea, if you want to know) adjacent to bird feeders and dumped debris down the hill. Then, having emptied the shallow Costco boxes, shopping bags, one picnic cooler out of the back of my car the space was refilled with 4 tubs and a spading fork. Down to the bottom of the driveway so he could fill tubs with heaped up wood chips (believe it or not, from last spring. But the weather has been mild enough that the pile was not frozen solid.) Back up driveway, dump where leaves / debris had been removed. Two more trips, 12 tubs of wood chips, and we were done. That's not quite the royal "We" - he might have been doing the work but I was the driver. And all done in an hour! Impressive, don't you agree.

And there's still a good bit of the afternoon ahead.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Usual morning - got up, made bed, fed cats, put out bird feeders (bring them in for the night.)

Intermittent / occasional handyman came, and in one hour he raked accumulated leaves from under shrubs (spirea, if you want to know) adjacent to bird feeders and dumped debris down the hill. Then, having emptied the shallow Costco boxes, shopping bags, one picnic cooler out of the back of my car the space was refilled with 4 tubs and a spading fork. Down to the bottom of the driveway so he could fill tubs with heaped up wood chips (believe it or not, from last spring. But the weather has been mild enough that the pile was not frozen solid.) Back up driveway, dump where leaves / debris had been removed. Two more trips, 12 tubs of wood chips, and we were done. That's not quite the royal "We" - he might have been doing the work but I was the driver. And all done in an hour! Impressive, don't you agree.

And there's still a good bit of the afternoon ahead.
Quite impressive 👍

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
* regular morning stuff--quick vacuum, etc
* medicate Geoffrey--
* a few phone calls
*ran out to grocery store
* reheated supper
* nothing else, sat on butt.. which is enlarging daily.

They are predicting a big snow storm this weekend. The grocery stores are already mobbed, with a shortage of lots of products.. weird.. it kind of reminds me of just as Covid hit. Everyone was shopping. Some shelves empty.

There is a huge outbreak of Covid in my building: 50 tenants and 9 staff since Christmas. Out of 250 tenants, that is a lot.. and many are not masking, as strongly suggested by board of health. Some people are not even going down to the weekly test clinics. Things are pretty much shut down in here. The store is open; dining room closed down-- all meals are delivered; all in person activities are cancelled. This is the worst it has been since we were quarantined at the start Covid.
I am hibernating in my apartment with Geoffrey. Keeping the windows cracked open for fresh air-- open and closing them as I get chilly during the day. I was advised not to do so, but I put a double paper towel, as a filter, over my fresh air vents. They seem to distribute air, between apartments, also.. spray disinfectant in corridor and door handles, and around door.. Wearing KN 95 mask, outside of building.

I may sound crazy, but a year ago, I had a bad case of Covid-- which had the side effects lasting for a while. I ran a low grade temp for weeks, had a full work-up. I also got pneumonia from it.. I have asthma, so I am triple careful..

I went to grocery store to stock up, not only for the storm, but for Covid, also. I think everyone else was doing the same. Disposable gloves in medium size were down to the last 4-- I took 2 boxes. Dawn has not been on the shelf for a second week. Weird.

I also decided to make minestrone soup later this week.. I got all the supplies, since I did not have any on hand-- teeny tiny kitchen. Also picked up fresh veggies for it.
During the night, it hit me that I forgot the white kidney beans!! UGH!! Now I have to run out to the store, just for them!! ugh..

I guess while I am out, I will check my car's supply of windshield washer.. now is the time that it will be used a ton.

Have a medical appointment on Monday--- day after snow storm. We will be digging cars out. I sent a message to see if I can reschedule it..

The rest of the day may be putting the rest of Christmas stuff away-- Geoffrey has not been feeling well, so I stopped.. no need to stress him out anymore.
or
Nothing! did not sleep well last night and the night before.
I do need to pay some bills.. yuck.