Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another ton of rain last night into this morning. Now the winds are gusting and roaring around the house. I guess that's the front runner for the arctic air that's coming in...it's going to be ugly this week.
  • Rick got up with the girls and told me to sleep in for a while. Molli came back after breakfast and we snuggled for a while. Got up, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast and am enjoying my coffee. It's the little things! I swear!
  • I did get some vacuuming done yesterday, but that was as far as I got. Rick brought Baby Blue (the blue KA) from the basement yesterday, so I have to make room for her on the counter. I need to clean the counters, while I'm at it and straighten out the kitchen. (I was going to do that the other day and my body had other ideas...I spend a lot of time on the couch.)
  • Make dinner. I'm including it as a thing because I don't know how long it's going to take me to do it.
I had a doctor appt yesterday and found out that my potassium level is still really low. He sent in a script for meds, but the pharmacy doesn't have them and I need to wait until the "next workday" which I'm thinking means Monday. Meanwhile, the doctor said that's why my legs are so rubbery and I feel they can't hold me up. It's the lack of potassium. Who knew? So I do a little bit here and there around the house and, when my legs feel that they're done for a while, I sit.
Bananas, apricots, sweet potatoes, potatoes for you this weekend - all high potassium foods.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
First cup of coffee, vacuumed and damp mopped living room and kitchen floors. Working on my second cup of coffee and considering when I intend to bundle up and clear the driveway and patio. We only got a few inches so not a big job, but it’s cold out there.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
- Replace the oil pump in my Jeep
- Replace the power steering pump in SWAMBO’s Jeep
- Freeze my ass off while working on Jeeps
Turned out the low oil pressure problem was due to the engine being low on oil. A couple of bolts worked loose and caused a leak. Tightened everything up, topped off the oil and no more Check Engine Light. Tomorrow, I’ll tackle the power steering pump in SWAMBO’s Jeep.

Still froze my ass off.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick ran some errands yesterday, so, while he was in town, he stopped at CVS for a bottle of potassium supplements to see me through til the order comes in at the pharmacy. He also visited with his BIL who is in a local nursing home for a bit of rehab on his leg.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Molli hung out with me for a couple minutes, but then decided that she'd rather go back to bed with Rick for a while. That lasted all of five minutes, maybe, when she started scritching at the bedroom door to come back out. She's now back here on the cat tree with me again.
  • I need to clean out the fridge today
  • And clean the bathroom

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my friend - let's call him my IT guy - came and set up 2024 on my web site / blog. The three of us had a nice visit and I made broiled Italian sausages and corn fritters for our lunch.

He mentioned that Bread Lock Park (a Morris County NJ canal park north of us) had a program scheduled for the afternoon today on baking bread in a Dutch oven. The two of us were planning to attend. BUT the arctic air mass sweeping our way is forecast to bring whiteout conditions on the leading edge of the storm, with 55 mph winds, with a half inch of snow in 10 to 15 minutes. So we decided to stay safe in each of our respective homes. Temperatures tonight down to 19 degrees F.

Himself just topped up the upstairs wood rack, then refilled the basement wood rack from outdoors.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day!
* up early for Mass
* Geoffrey went crazy in his litter box, last night-~litter all over the bathroom floor; with a big pile in front of the box!! Cats- easy work-HA!
* Morning meds for him.
* swept bathroom and part of kitchen floor
* out for mass
* home for a cup of real coffee-- had decaf before and a couple choc chip cookies.
* had to re-due the bathroom, since G made another mess!!!
* out to Boston to pick up a script for Geoffrey
* on the way home:
** stopped at new Drugstore to see if Old drugstore transferred my scripts--- NOPE!! I was furious!
** stopped at old drugstore to see why they had not transferred.. Had a meltdown because they told me that the New DS had to call them!! I blew up! I said, I have been trying since Friday to get this transferred. You are not answering your phones! The store is Closing. what difference does it make if it is against procedure to call THEM!! Pharmacist understood.. He took down the new DS number, and said he would call them--- the old DS is virtually closed for business.
I hate this world... All the store closings, and what the customers have to go through to make things right, for themselves...
* Went to grocery store for supplies for soup...
* Trash
* sitting here with a snack..
** Geoffrey ate from his new bag of dry food--- too quickly.. He gorged himself.. so he upchucked! Cleaned it, and back to trash room!

Done for the day!! Supper---probably just cheese and crackers.. nothing more.. Too tired and still frustrated..
* have to give Geoffrey his Chemo in a bit... want his tummy to calm down..

Getting in pjs very early... probably soon...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You had quite the day yesterday, artiemom artiemom ! Hope today goes better for you. FWIW, we're still having trouble with some of our scripts since the transfer to our different pharmacy, too. I hope we can get it all straightened out. I think we did the right thing by switching pharmacies though; Rick read an article where CVS was closing a lot of its pharmacies in Target stores and that's where we were getting our scripts. We did switch over to Giant

Not a good day yesterday. I had dry heaves and an upset stomach pretty much all day. Queasies didn't work and Vicks didn't work. Hoping for a better day today.
  • Changed the bed sheets this morning, threw the dirty sheets in the washer, and hopped in the shower.
  • Getting IV/fluids this morning for two hours, then back home.
  • Didn't get things I wanted done yesterday, so today is another day.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
You had quite the day yesterday, artiemom artiemom ! Hope today goes better for you. FWIW, we're still having trouble with some of our scripts since the transfer to our different pharmacy, too. I hope we can get it all straightened out. I think we did the right thing by switching pharmacies though; Rick read an article where CVS was closing a lot of its pharmacies in Target stores and that's where we were getting our scripts. We did switch over to Giant

Not a good day yesterday. I had dry heaves and an upset stomach pretty much all day. Queasies didn't work and Vicks didn't work. Hoping for a better day today.
  • Changed the bed sheets this morning, threw the dirty sheets in the washer, and hopped in the shower.
  • Getting IV/fluids this morning for two hours, then back home.
  • Didn't get things I wanted done yesterday, so today is another day.
Yeah, I have to check again, on both pharmacies about the switch.. Problem is: Wednesday is the day the store is shut down completely. Tuesday is the day when the pharmacy closes.. and I still have not gotten an "official' update from them about the closing.. Dam ...
I think I am going to start with the closing store--- going down there again.. in a couple hours. Rite Aid is the one which is closing, and I am switching to a CVS in a different city. Rite Aid is automatically switching all scripts over to Walgreens-- across the street. Myself, and many customers do not want to go there. It is not all that clean, druggies hang around there, you can find empty syringes on the ground, kids are in gangs hanging out-- thefts, robberies, and the staff are rude. It is not safe there. The CVS in my city is not much better.
That is why I am going to a different city for the CVS. In a different location. It is only 5 -10 minutes more from where I live.

Winchester Winchester you a having dry heaves, and nausea, due to the low potassium. That much I do know. Once the prescription is in your system, you should be feeling better.. You had such a bad day. yesterday.. On those days, I just give up-- and do nothing.. It is better to realize when to stop trying...
I hate that you have to go through all of this... I think that if your doctor knew there was a delay in the script.. he would suggest you go to a different pharmacy, just for that one script. It was really an important one to get into your system. Low potassium is nothing to fool around with.

Today;
* mini-quick morning stuff-- G's meds
* rush out to pharmacies... ugh
* home,
* out to a lunch I do not want to attend..
*home..
*phone calls... ugh..
* then who the heck knows... I am just playing it by ear... ugh

I really have to do a good job vacuuming, since I skipped yesterday.. and I have an urgent call to make.. and I really need to do laundry.
Getting 1-3 inches of snow, later today and tonight, into tomorrow-- mixing with some rain..

Cold outside-- 23 degrees.. but not as bad as most people on here. The huge drop in temp will occur after the snow-- Wednesday..

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting on a Chewy order that was delayed by snowstorm, and have a conference call mid day with attorney re dementia aunt. While I am waiting I have some minor cleanup to do and will also work on my puzzle.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I drove back from Iowa and stopped in La Crosse, WI for food that we don't have in Minnesota (Fazoli's) but my friend loves, and then I went and picked up my dogs from my parents' house. Poppy was EXTREMELY excited to see me.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I drove back from Iowa and stopped in La Crosse, WI for food that we don't have in Minnesota (Fazoli's) but my friend loves, and then I went and picked up my dogs from my parents' house. Poppy was EXTREMELY excited to see me.
How was the drive down and then back. Road good or snowy?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm freezing to death. We had about two inches of the white stuff so far this morning and it's still coming down.

artiemom artiemom I'm taking the potassium supplements from Nature's Bounty until the script comes in. We're still waiting. I hate dry heaves; they suck a lot of energy out of me. If I could stop them, I think I'd feel a lot better, get some energy, and be able to drink more water. I know that water is key, but it's hard to drink that much. I thought I was doing pretty good at 32 ounces a day, until I was told yesterday that 32 ounces isn't enough. Blech.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher on a 1-hour cycle, and am trying to drink my coffee now.
  • Two loads of laundry
  • My desk looks like a hurricane hit it and needs to be cleaned off. This HOUSE looks like a hurricane hit it and I just don't have the energy to clean it.
ETA: We got the girls' claws trimmed yesterday. And all ears were cleaned. Tabby was fine with it. You'd have thought we were torturing Mollipop from all the yelling she did. Muffin didn't care one way or the other. And they all had a snack afterward.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester No, 32 ounces is not enough fluid. You need at least 40 or a bit more. Have you tried ginger tea? Ginger is good for the tummy and the tea will add extra water to your system.. the ginger is very warming, also..

Just steep slices of real ginger in water... I make a pot of it, and keep it in the refrigerator for me. I slice the ginger into the water, let it boil, and then cool off.. Really good, and with honey it is even better.

Low potassium make you loopy and weak.. Do not worry about not eating right.. Rick can cook some things. Please allow him to learn..
You need to focus on yourself, right now.. Can your sister help out with food? Casseroles, soups??

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester i hate to be there bearer of bad news but you should consume 95oz of water daily, keep in mind 20% comes from fruits and vegetables and juice.
I drink (5) 16.9 ounce bottles of water a day per my Dr recommendations. I count them out and put them on a dedicated to me shelf in the fridge and make it a point to drink a bottle every 2 hours. These little tricks help me to get enough.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Good conference yesterday with the attorney regarding how to handle the dementia aunt situation. We agreed the best course of action is to wait for her next hospitalization and then do an emergency petition for guardianship. I feel relieved that there is at least a plan and a good legal contact.

I need to spend some today working at the computer on some financial things that I have been procrastinating on.