Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
write my letters
get dressed to go to the post office
take 3 boxes of cat toys to the post office and whatever letters are in the bag as well
come home and maybe rest some more

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's getting warm! We had the bedroom windows open last night, temp didn't go much below mid-50s or so. We were really close to 80 yesterday and will be in the mid-80s by Friday. But we're dry; Rick watered the onions and peas yesterday.

I took the ham out of the freezer last night and threw it into the fridge to start thawing for Sunday. We're having our Easter dinner on Sunday.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I have a load of laundry in the washer. (I changed the bed sheets last night. Once the weather starts to get warm, I have a "thing" about changing bed sheets more often. And Tabby threw up a hairball on the comforter, so that's in the washer now.)
  • Grab a few groceries at our local grocery store.
  • We have to return the car mats to WeatherTech. I wanted grey, but Rick bought black by mistake. We'll take them to FedEx.
  • I need to make red beet/pickled eggs for Sunday. They should be made several days ahead of time, so the color can set. I took the red beets out of the freezer yesterday.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We hit 89 yesterday. Tabby pretty much laid around all afternoon; she hates it when it gets hot and muggy. I opened both French doors in the kitchen, the windows in the living room, and turned the ceiling fan on. That kept a nice breeze blowing through the house.
  • We have some minor errands to run, nothing big. Rick wants to get gas for the mower. I forgot to buy lemons at the store for my lemon meringue pie on Sunday.
  • Check the plants in the Shed.
  • We are taking Rick's sister and BIL to dinner tonight for their 50th wedding anniversary.
  • And we have to drop Rick's fob to the old Tucson to the dealership on the way home.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the post office to mail quarterly property taxes, as I dislike leaving such like in our mailbox for pickup.

Stop at pharmacy to drop off leftover elderly prescriptions (2013, anyone?) for disposal

To IGA for "the usual suspects" where they actually had ripe avocados (pricey! at $1.79 each) Bought 2, bought a lime, came home and took ground beef out of the freezer because we'll now have tacos for dinner.

And shortly I will go into the greenhouse to put up shade cloth. It's early in the season, the place is cluttered with plants, but the unseasonably high temperatures and sunshine are overheating things.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four of the nine shade cloth panels have been installed. One more long one to go. The remaining four are shorter, and go from the two sets of roof vents rather than all the way to the back wall.

Himself has to fiddle with the self actuating roof vent cylinders. Apparently when the greenhouse roof was replaced last fall the cylinder units were disconnected but never reconnected. Oh joy. Not. Himself prefers that I wait to install those shade cloth panels until that is accomplished.

I'm sure you are thrilled to learn these details. But probably not very much.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I "worked" and I put that in quotes because the government program I work for is in between funding sources so we don't have much to do. We should be getting another million in the next couple of weeks though.
I also picked up two auctions that I won. One was for cork stops and lace (I plan on using these in my pottery) and the second was a nice and sturdy couch that will hopefully withstand me, my dogs, and the other fat people in my life (this is my 3rd couch in as many years if that gives you an idea for how poor quality the other couches were, they were also purchased used through an auction).
Right now I'm trying to put together a grocery order. I've been refurbishing an old desk that I have for the last week and this was the first night I didn't work on it because moving couches in 85°F is not fun.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The AC weenie called yesterday. We are on the schedule for May 3 and 4, a far cry from the end of May/beginning of June. We'll take it. But that means the living room must be repainted. That's our task for this week. Dear Richard is not amused, but it needs to be done. He suggested that we just paint the wall where the unit will be located and then the rest of the room "later", but I know how that goes. Three years later, the room will still be waiting on paint. I'm going to start taking down pictures and moving knick-knacks and such back to the computer room. Hoping to start painting on Tuesday. Last night, on the way home from dinner, we stopped at a place that sold Behr; Rick had seen a color that he liked, so we picked up a sample of that. We'll put both the samples on a couple walls and see which one we like more. We also started looking at flooring.

Remember when I said that I wanted to get my ears pierced again because my right ear hole had closed? Well, just for the heck of it, I tried putting earrings in last night and I actually got them in. Took me quite a while, but eventually it worked. Guess I don't need to get that ear re-pierced after all. I don't know why it takes so long, but that right ear takes forever. I can't keep earrings in because, after a couple of hours, my ears get itchy. Doesn't matter what metal I use, whether they're really expensive earrings or what, my ears start to itch like crazy. I'm just glad that, for the first time in years, I wore earrings.

Had a good time with my SIL and BIL last night. They wanted to go to Red Lobster and we like it there. It worked.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher on the 1-hour cycle, and am back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a few.
  • Try our samples of paint. I'll start moving things around. I'm sure the girls will be very interested in what's going on! And I'm also sure that, once we start painting, the girls will start turning into whatever color we decide to go with. And I'm also sure that the bottoms of the walls will end up with tail strokes! They don't take well to being in the bedroom while we do anything in the rest of the house; you can hear them yelling on Pluto.
  • I need to make my lemon meringue pie and a pineapple upside down cake for tomorrow. And hot cross buns. Rick called one of his cousins to see if he might want to come down for dinner. He was more than willing to join us. He and Rick had started talking quite a bit during the pandemic and they always said they wanted to start getting together again.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I got up and found that one of my dogs had diarrhea in several places around the house, so I used a roll and a half of paper towels to clean it all up. Later I went and picked up two grocery orders, but one of them wasn't even mine, so they delivered my actual order and I got a lot of extra food that I apparently didn't have to give back. I'm giving some of it to a friend because there is no way I can use 2 gallons of milk or a 64oz jar of peanut butter in a reasonable time. Lastly, I worked on refinishing a desk. Lots of sanding today. I'm hoping to stain it tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls, but a few minutes later, I got up, too. The grackles are in the peegee out front and picking on every bird in the yard, yelling and screaming at everything. They went after the house finches and it was quite the squabble. They're really aggressive and quite the pain in the butt. We have suet in the back yard by the house and they chase away all the other birds to get to the suet. They have nests up at the property line in our blue spruce trees.
  • Drinking my coffee and then must scoop boxes.
  • And then start preparing for dinner. Rick's cousin is coming for dinner today.
  • After dinner, I'm leaving the guys in the house and going out to the Shed for a while.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Power went out yesterday shortly before I left for my talk. JCP&L gave their usual "power will be back in two hours." It wasn't. Himself called again at that time to be told, "in two hours." Rinse and repeat. Got a phone call at 3:31 a.m. to announce that power was restored. It was but geez, let me sleep.

Looks real wet out. Weather is so unseasonably warm, hot even, that last night we kicked the comforter off the bed. Need to decide if I will change the sheets a day early, today rather than Monday, and put summer sheets on the bed. And think I'd better uncover the outdoor bananas tomorrow, weather permitting, even though it is early.

Probably need to start putting away flannel shirts and bring out summer shirts too.

Oh, and by the way, my talk was well received.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I finished sanding this desk I have been refinishing and stained it as well. It's been cold, so I was wearing winter gloves and a hat while I did it and my respirator while staining kind of helped keep me warm too.
For the last couple of hours I've been working on moving things around my house including putting down a rug in my dining room/office and then moving a loveseat from the living room into the dining room.
The next thing on this weekend's to-do list is to clear off the table that my TV and then set up the surround sound that I've never used in the 3 years I've lived in my house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick closed the windows during the night as it started to rain (thankfully). When I got up this morning, the house was warm and muggy. Bleah.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Will start moving things from the living room back here to the computer room.
  • Discuss which color we like more and then grab some Kilz and the color we decide on.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
washed laundry at the laundry mat
bought some groceries for tonite
checked mail
wrote some letters and stamped all the letters

talk to mamanyt1953
might get my two military ladies to write to
cook dinner later

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the help of our intermittent worker who raked all the winter insulation of fallen leaves and dumped them downhill (it took an hour!) the outdoor bananas are uncovered. And had already started growing under their tubs. I got the three plywood covers / sort of roof unclipped, unscrewed and shoved under the deck. Will need to be redone in a more tidy manner but done and off the lawn. Tubs in tool shed, along with tarps. I swear the seven that were in active growth were already taller by sunset.

When Himself was working with firewood yesterday one log he wanted to move rolled and caught his foot. He fell on his left side - hip is bruised, black and blue, ribs sore, shoulder the most painful. Today he wanted to help me move the plywood banana covers . . .

Stripped the bed this morning. Sheets will be in transition - percale bottom sheet, flannel top sheet. Next week percale top and bottom.

After the recent power outage the generator doesn't want to return to automatic. It seems to think it needs a new battery. Which we thought had been replaced last year. Different company is sending a service man out tomorrow but no idea when he might be here.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
get dressed at 930am to go new primary doctor
check mail
write some letters
(later) talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have the Kilz (for the Cranberry wall) and the paint (Provence Blue) for the walls. While we were at it, we also bought the flooring, so that's done as well; we wouldn't have bought the flooring so quickly, but we wanted the same thing that's in our bedroom and, turns out, it's on sale. A good time to grab it. While cleaning the Cranberry wall, Rick found some areas that definitely need a bit of TLC, so he'll repair those. And then we'll start with the Kilz; well, he will. Once he decides to start painting, he usually kicks me out of the house.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • While Rick is working on the walls, I'm going down to the basement to work on making room for the electricians to do the wiring there. The basement is clean, but cluttered, and they will need some room to work. (I swear we will have a yard sale this summer!)
And while that's not three things, it's enough for today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
After those days of being in the 80s, it was downright cold last night. We turned the heat back on in the house. Even so, I was chilly this morning.
The place is an absolute mess with furniture and such everywhere. But I did manage to get a nice path in the basement for the electricians to work. And I was (kind of) ruthless with yard sale boxes; there are four large boxes so far of stuff for a sale. A bit of glassware (the Mennonites here always grab glasses, silverware, and plates), the George Foreman party grill, the GF sandwich maker, an electric cookie shooter, a 42-inch flat screen tv, older cake pans that I have in triplicate, totes of quart canning jars, window AC units, tons of cleaned planters, new bathroom lights for above mirrors, all kinds of stuff. Although, to be honest, I'm seriously considering just giving it all to a local thrift store. There's nothing wrong with any of it; we just don't use it.
  • Continue with the living room.
  • Hit Lowes for ceiling paint.
  • Take recycling down to the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.