boxes, took rubbish out

unpacked stuff from Amazon, groan

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The End of the Cranberry
2023EndOfTheCranberry.jpg

• We continue to work on the living room. Putting the white Kilz on the Cranberry wall really brightened the room up. But we already miss our wall. Rick has started the Provence Blue this morning.
  • I'll probably mow the yard this afternoon. I don't get as close to the trees as Rick does, so I'll also have to push-mow to trim. I'll be pooped tonight! But think of the steps I'll get!
  • Start covering the cabinets in the kitchen. Rick wants to start painting the ceiling tomorrow. Once the ceiling is done, then he'll finish the living room.
We're trying to figure out what we want to do to the steps. The carpet will be coming off and we don't know what we want to do yet.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
check mail and put finished letters in the out going box
write my letters
maybe read a book ( get reading caught up)
(later) put laundry up
(later) chat with mamanyt1953

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domino did not show up for lunch. He ALWAYS shows up for meals. We were checking closets etc. No Domino. He is, BTW, indoors only. Himself checked the basement (where the cats do not go) one more time. And found him hunkered down behind the well tank. Big eyes. Very quiet mew. So I talked to him, he scuttled out, hid behind something else, finally came close enough that I could snatch him up, leave the basement, put him down, and up the stairs he ran. Put his lunch down and he ate as if he'd been down there for a week. All is well that ends well.

Earlier today I planted about 45 liatris corms where our intermittent handyman had pickaxed yesterday. They'll be adjacent to the ditch lilies, those orange day lilies that thrive without care. If the two flower at the same time it should be quite a show. Set them on the roughly broken up soil, good soil on top, mulched with well decaying old leaves. It is supposed to rain this weekend. Thinking of simply potting up the remaining corms until I decide where they will go.

Got a postcard informing me I'm scheduled for jury duty in June. Thought I was exempt thanks to age. Tried to log in. Couldn't. Called the "if you cannot log in call this number" and was on hold for the longest while. Finally spoke to a person. Think it is all taken care of. Should get a telephone call or email confirming this. Stay tune for future developments. It is sad that jury trials are, basically, heard by people who cannot find a way to get out of it. Sorry, but I've been there, done that, several times, and enough is enough.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The End of the Cranberry
View attachment 448141
  • We continue to work on the living room. Putting the white Kilz on the Cranberry wall really brightened the room up. But we already miss our wall. Rick has started the Provence Blue this morning.
  • I'll probably mow the yard this afternoon. I don't get as close to the trees as Rick does, so I'll also have to push-mow to trim. I'll be pooped tonight! But think of the steps I'll get!
  • Start covering the cabinets in the kitchen. Rick wants to start painting the ceiling tomorrow. Once the ceiling is done, then he'll finish the living room.
We're trying to figure out what we want to do to the steps. The carpet will be coming off and we don't know what we want to do yet.
New treads and risers?Are the old ones sandable and stainable?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie We don't know yet. We think they're OK, but they've had carpet on forever. And, well, with Amber peeing, there's a good chance that she peed in the corners. Before we put the current (now ancient) carpet down, Rick sanded and varnished the treads. We'll have to see how they've stood up to everything.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I have a load of laundry in the washer.
  • After Rick gets out of bed, I'm going to change the bedsheets; we're still using flannel sheets.
  • Working in the living room.
  • Mow the back yard...maybe. Rick hates the way I mow and nothing I do is right. I finally got off the mower yesterday and came into the house and he finished the side. There's nothing wrong with how I mow; it's just not the way Rick mows.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
wait for maybe the weather to calm down so i can gather my mail
write some letters
(later) chat with mamanyt1953 to see how hekitty's appt went

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fed cats, filled bird feeder, unloaded dishwasher, had my coffee.

Need to scoop litter pan, go to Wal-mart. Maybe Lowe's - looking for two or three large, very large, pots.

And get into the garden for some necessary to-do stuff. It's the time of year when I would work after dark if I had a strong enough head lamp. And the energy. The enthusiasm is there, just not the oomph.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mowed the back yard yesterday, while Rick did some trimming. Good thing because we are to get rain this afternoon into tonight. There's a cold front moving in and the wind started gusting last night.
  • We are washing the ceiling. Rick is in the kitchen; I just finished the hallway. Rick hopes to get the kitchen and hallway ceiling painted this afternoon. We're taking off all the molding around the doors as well as the floorboards. It's all getting trashed. New door at the closet and at the computer room. (The bedroom and bathroom doors were replaced a couple years ago. We get the stuff done as we get the money to do it. Yes, it takes longer, but we don't go bankrupt trying to get it all done at one time.)
  • After dinner, I want to watch the last episode of Picard tonight, then I'll get rid of P+. My GF wants me to watch Yellowstone, but I don't care for Kevin Costner, so that's a no.
  • I keep vacuuming about the kitchen and living room.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah spring. Oh joy. Not. There is so much to do.

Today I moved 9 pots of green leaved aspidistra out of the house. Anticipated rain was a more than modest, less than 1/10th of an inch. A couple more green leaved, and a few variegated still to go. Three pots, one of them rather large, of Aspidistra minor 'Milky Way' to shuffle outdoors, plus the two large red spot bananas - one of which is upstairs . . .

All the crates of cannas that need to be planted. Bet they've started sprouting, packed in peat moss inside heavy plastic garbage bags, in the garage. Elephant ears ditto.

Need to make drainage holes in the two new pots. Want to cut a pallet into quarters, to have two pieces to place under the pots, once drilled. Want to treat with deck sealer after cutting before putting into use. Prefer Olympic to Thompson, which means Lowe's won't do, need to go to Home Depot.

Want some spray paint to touch up rain barrels. Wal-Mart keeps it behind doors with a lock - tagging, anyone? - and I didn't see anyone to ask for access when I was there. So that's still on my list.

And no, I'm not actually having any fun yet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Going to be a chilly week coming in. Highs in the 50s and low 60s all week. We did get our rain yesterday, along with gusty winds and a couple rumbles of thunder here and there.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty, and I'm back here with my coffee.
  • My task for the day is to get the kitchen back into some semblance of order. Knickknacks and such will be washed and put back up; the spice racks go back on the wall, everything gets a good wipe-down, counters get cleaned, and, lastly, the floor will get washed. As will the mats before they go back down. (Rick will be working in the hallway and coming out into the living room. It's not the painting per se that's taking up the time; it's all the prep work. And we don't trust ourselves to paint without taping. Actually, I should say Rick doesn't trust himself to paint without taping as he's decided that I paint as well as I mow, so he'd rather do it himself. Which is getting tiring, to be honest. He seems to think I should be bubble-wrapped, so I don't fall off a ladder and booger a knee up or something. And I'm tired of arguing about it.)
  • Sort the laundry tonight for tomorrow.
  • Still haven't watched that last ep of Picard yet.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
computer stuff for a little while
write my letters
maybe play my video game
work on the book shelf that i started a couple of weeks ago
( later) talk to mamanyt1953

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
lots of stuff on agenda.. do not know if I will accomplish it all.
*Regular mornin stuff interspersed through the morning.
*Went to Mass
* clean out Litter Genie
* dump and wash out litter box
* Trash
* phone calls
* search through and copy a bunch of financial stuff..

I did cuddle with Geoffrey for an hour.. a morning ritual. I usually take a nap on Sundays, as I get up really early for the first Mass of the day. Today, I am not so sure about it.
The weather is really miserable. We are in a stretch of cold rainy days. It was cold when I left for Mass; raining upon leaving.
Now it is raining-- forecast for rain, almost all days of the week.

Geoffrey is on a 2-3 poop per day. I wish that would quiet down, for his sake.. sweet boy.. I finally got him back on just the Royal Canin Prescription food. He was a bit on the constipated side, before his last episode. Now, no miralax or laxatone are needed. He has gone through almost an entire 20lb box of litter in 2 weeks.. and it is stinky..

Winchester Winchester , The last episode of Picard is EPIC.. I mean EPIC... I need to rewatch it. My mouth hung open at a few points, I also yelled out loud several times. Geoffrey was on my lap while I was watching it. He woke up to look at me because of my reactions. I was not quiet. He thought something was wrong. Poor kitty-- does not know what he is missing..
There has to me MORE.....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 That looks decadent! I may try it too, perhaps some night this week. Yum!

Rick decided that he didn't want to paint yesterday. He removed some floor molding in the hallway and fixed some dings in the wall, and that was the extent. He's getting ready to paint now.
  • Molli came back to bed after breakfast and we cuddled for a while. Up now and back here with my coffee. While these girls do want their breakfast, they don't awaken us until 6 -7:00, a far cry from screaming and yelling at 4:00. When Tabby decides we're lollygagged in bed long enough, she comes back to bed and purrs. Touches our faces with her whiskers. And purrs. And purrs. Molli comes back to bed and walks around me and mutters a bit, then starts licking any part of skin she can find. Even Muffin is quieter. It's quite nice to awaken like this after hearing yelling for so many years.
  • Our WeatherTech stuff just came. It's floor mats for Hazel. (Hazel did not like Hattie and told Rick so. Remember the old TV show Hazel? Well, the car runs errands and such for us and she told Rick her name was Hazel. I agreed. I like Hazel more so than Hattie anyway.) Anyway, Rick had ordered blacks mats by mistake, so he sent them back. Fed Ex just brought the grey mats.
  • Make a bit of macaroni salad to go with dinner tonight.
  • Still haven't finished Picard. It gets to night and I end up in bed, sometimes with my iPad and sometimes to just drop off. I seem to be very tired lately. I want to get it finished, simply so I can kill P+! I've heard that the episode is wonderful. Very much TNG. As it should be.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Time to make the cookie dough. Rick's bowling dinner is tomorrow night. I had made cookies for their Christmas dinner and they were a big hit with the guys; Rick came home with an empty tray. When it came time to figure out the dinner, somebody asked Rick if he thought I'd make cookies. I put the butter in the microwave to soften overnight. Will make the batters today and will bake the cookies tomorrow, so they're fresh for tomorrow night. White chocolate and macadamia nut, snickerdoodles, glazed oatmeal and raisin, and sugar cookies. I'll give some to my sister and BIL and to our neighbors.
  • Breakfast for the girls, empty the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • First of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Scoop boxes and get the trash ready for pick-up

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
bravely go get my mail and mail out letters in out going box
write some letters
(later) put clean laundry away and gather a load for tomorrow
(later) talk to mamanyt1953

Status
Not open for further replies.