Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
T-storms last night. I think they bothered Molli a little; she stayed very close in bed. We needed some rain.

Rick took the Tucson to bowl last night. When he got home and parked, it was dark. The car said, "Check your surroundings" and every camera turned on. He could see everything around the outside of the car. Pretty cool. I haven't driven it yet at night.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Two small loads of laundry (that I may let go until tomorrow)
  • Visiting with a GF this afternoon. We met when we worked for the county and we're good friends. But we have that kind of relationship where, we can go for a year without seeing each other, visit and it's like no days have passed at all. Her husband loves it when we get together because you can hear us laughing all over the house.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
take a long morning nap soon
get up and do the daily mail check and put mail in out going box
write more letters
maybe work on book shelf that i have slowly started working on
talk to mamanyt1953 later this afternoon

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I had such a good time with my GF on Thursday. It seemed like no time had passed at all and we sat and laughed for hours. Afternoons like that are so much fun.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, and back here with my coffee. My day to scoop.
  • General straightening up, particularly in the kitchen, which looks like a hurricane hit it.
  • Finished Evelyn's Kindle; we'll be running it up to her this afternoon, along with her Easter goodies. No hot cross buns yet as I'm waiting for Rick to be able to enjoy Easter next weekend.
  • When we come back, I'm hitting the Shed for a while.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
get two military ladies to write to
get caught on my online stuff
maybe play my video game

later i will be making easter dinner for the hubs and i ( hoping that my friend kendra joins us too)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to rearrange the great room from winter to summer. The wood rack and firewood next to the stove is down in the basement along with tools - shovel, poker, etc. I need to empty the ash-away and it too can disappear downstairs.

Then bring the furniture glides upstairs so we can rearrange sofa, loveseat, chair, heavy glass topped table.

The banana needs to stay indoors until weather is even more settled.

But I think that tomorrow, when I wash the bed sheets, I'll keep flannel sheets on our bed for one more week.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
take laundry to the laundry mat
check my mail
write some letters
talk to mamanyt1953 ( later the evening)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I feel human this morning, at least for now. I spent most of yesterday afternoon in bed and was back in bed by 7:00 last night. It was bad.
Fed Ex came this morning with packages for Hattie (don't ask; Rick named her!). She has a cargo liner and front and rear floor mats from WeatherTech. Hattie....that's as bad as Clarence. *sigh*
The girls are enjoying the boxes. In and out, in and out. Rick opened both ends, so they chase each other in one end and out the other. Right now, Molli is sitting in the middle of the box; Muffin is waiting to attack her when she comes out. That could get ugly.
  • I have the first of three loads of laundry in the washer.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer.
  • Hoping for an early night tonight.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I renewed my driver's license today and I'm actually pretty pleased with the picture. After that I went to Home Depot to buy some paint and a sander because I'm trying to strip the paint of this expanding desk I want to put in my craft room. So I also then did some sanding of the desk. It's a lot of work and I'm about 2/3 of the way done. I had to stop because my hands were hurting though.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
call transit company around 9am to see when i am getting picked up for my appt
go to said appt in another town
check mail when i get home
chat with mamanyt1953 around 530-6pm tonite

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Rick had his colonoscopy this morning; everything is fine. The prep was worse than the actual test. It was a sleepless night, so we're a little pooped (pun intended!) and will likely grab a nap. Rick is already flopped on the couch. I told him to go to bed, but he said he can't make it that far. The cats had their after-breakfast breakfast, so they're quiet.
  • I'm going to clean a bit in the bedroom and computer room, just no vacuuming.
Not much else going on.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today I

brought a worn queen size flannel flat sheet (one small hole and frayed top hem) to wildlife center. Figure they could use it for baby animals in need of care that are probably arriving.

went to bank to deposit check and also get cash

went to IGA and bought an assortment of food stuff: milk, rolls, canned baby beets, thin noodles, frozen mixed vegetables (they were on sale, 3 bags / $5) and more

stop at pharmacy to pick up prescription for antibiotic to start taking today before dental work tomorrow. Except pharmacy said they had not received it. Waited around but after 15 minutes the two women on staff had not yet called dentist so I went home to make the call myself. Dentist had phoned it in to their call line but nobody at the pharmacy had checked messages. So dentist's office called again on different phone number and Himself went to pick it up for me. I really, really prefer talking to a person than to a machine.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
went to appt and came home
checked the mail
talked to mamanyt1953
write some letters and then going to bed

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
go to hospital for my crohns infusion around 930am
take a little nap when i get home
(later) put mail in outgoing box and check todays mail
(later) talk to mamanyt1953
(later) put clean laundry away

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls, so I slept in until 8:00, when Muffin stormed into the bedroom. "Mom? Mom! Whatcha doin'? What's goin' on?" Headbutting me, meowing like crazy. Evidently, she wants both of her people up this morning.
  • We made our decision about the company we want to go with for the AC in the house. Rick is going over with a check for half of the amount and will get us on their schedule; I think they're out to the end of May so far.
  • The load of kitty things is in the washer.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe kitchen and bathroom.
  • I have an apple pie in the oven.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
drops in right eye for tomorrow's cataract surgery, new glasses in May, yee, ha!! Can't wait to read again. mY LEFT EYE IS GETTING BETTER EACH DAY and my color blindness has improved as well.

was up all night with pain so i will try to sleep today

have some colored clothes washing

supposed to be 80 today!!

@glad you are getting ac, pam Winchester Winchester

Status
Not open for further replies.