Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I feel better this morning than I did yesterday. I hadn't had any sleep Thursday night and it showed on Friday. Spending the day at a car dealership on Friday didn't help and, til we got home my head was blasting. I crashed last night and crashed hard. Still have the headache, but it's not nearly as bad.
  • Drinking my coffee now and hanging out here. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • The first load of laundry is in the washer.
  • Printed out our new insurance cards, so they're ready for Monday. Rick called the insurance company when we got home yesterday. Our insurance actually went down. That surprised us.
  • Going into the bank to get the titles to our old vehicles so we have them for Monday. The truck is still in the garage, so Rick will go over and clean out the truck there. He's picking up the truck on Monday morning on the way up to the dealership. Meanwhile, I have to clean out the Tucson, which won't be difficult: remove the umbrellas and the cover from the rear cargo space and my connection to my iPod. I have Trader Joe's bags, too, for when we go to Sam's or Costco. That's it; I don't keep a lot of crap in my cars. Never did. Rick's truck, OTOH? Lord, he'll be there forever! The man is a packrat!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel better this morning than I did yesterday. I hadn't had any sleep Thursday night and it showed on Friday. Spending the day at a car dealership on Friday didn't help and, til we got home my head was blasting. I crashed last night and crashed hard. Still have the headache, but it's not nearly as bad.
  • Drinking my coffee now and hanging out here. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • The first load of laundry is in the washer.
  • Printed out our new insurance cards, so they're ready for Monday. Rick called the insurance company when we got home yesterday. Our insurance actually went down. That surprised us.
  • Going into the bank to get the titles to our old vehicles so we have them for Monday. The truck is still in the garage, so Rick will go over and clean out the truck there. He's picking up the truck on Monday morning on the way up to the dealership. Meanwhile, I have to clean out the Tucson, which won't be difficult: remove the umbrellas and the cover from the rear cargo space and my connection to my iPod. I have Trader Joe's bags, too, for when we go to Sam's or Costco. That's it; I don't keep a lot of crap in my cars. Never did. Rick's truck, OTOH? Lord, he'll be there forever! The man is a packrat!
Are you buying new cars/truck?? What kind?? Good luck!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Slept in today. Sometimes, it's just nice to lounge and cuddle with Molli. But then Muffin came back. "Mom? Mom! I'm staaarrrrrvvvvving! Where's my after-breakfast breakfast?" And so we dragged our lazy butts out of bed. And the day begins.
  • Changed the bedsheets. Still using flannels, even though it's April. I have the old sheets in the washer. Will scoop in a bit.
  • I have an applesauce-raisin cake in the oven. Will just frost with a simple vanilla icing.
  • Heading out to the Shed this afternoon to continue Skinwalker Ranch.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
after places open i have to call my primary doctor and get a appt set up and i have to call medicaid to set up a ride to a out of town dr appt for next week ....
might either do laundry or take stuff to the post office today

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We watched all of season 2 of Picard yesterday, stopping only to make dinner. I thought season 2 had its moments, but overall, it was convoluted and, to me, many parts were boring. To be honest, I was glad when we finished. I'm halfway through season 3, which is excellent.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee. For some reason, my coffee is so good this morning!
  • We're picking up the new Tucson at some point this morning. It's going to be strange going down to two vehicles. I'll still drive Clarence most of the time this summer.
  • While we're out and about, we'll stop at the grocery store for a few things for our Easter dinner and for a bit of chocolates for Rick's mom.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
tried to get an appt for this lingering cough problem
called medicaid to get schedule an out of town appt ride and got it set up
write lots of letters
talk with mamanyt1953 when she gets up
reseal up a book that was put in my mailbox by mistake

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We decided to do our Easter dinner next weekend instead of this coming Sunday. Dear Richard is scheduled for a colonoscopy early next week. We'll wait until he can enjoy his dinner.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • A good vacuum, swiffer, and wiping throughout the house today.
  • Clean combs and brushes; they're long overdue
  • And Mollipop need a good clipping on those needles of hers. We got Tabby on Sunday, but Molli disappeared.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We watched all of season 2 of Picard yesterday, stopping only to make dinner. I thought season 2 had its moments, but overall, it was convoluted and, to me, many parts were boring. To be honest, I was glad when we finished. I'm halfway through season 3, which is excellent.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee. For some reason, my coffee is so good this morning!
  • We're picking up the new Tucson at some point this morning. It's going to be strange going down to two vehicles. I'll still drive Clarence most of the time this summer.
  • While we're out and about, we'll stop at the grocery store for a few things for our Easter dinner and for a bit of chocolates for Rick's mom.
Picard, Season 3 is awesome!! I was disappointed in Season 1 and Season 2 was weird.. But Season 3 !! Well, If you are a fan of TNG, then you will love it.. I am slowly watching it. I watch one or two episodes at a time. I have to re-watch the prior episode because there are so many great moments. I do not want to miss anything.. and speaking of Easter Eggs.. well, there are so many. I do not want this season to end!

Gotta pick up stuff for Easter.. I decided on ravioli, sauce, and perhaps meatballs... an Italian meal.

I managed to 'do' Geoffrey's 'needles' yesterday.. Only got one scratch!! His prior owner did 'something' to make him deathly afraid of the phrase: 'STOP IT'... When I say that, in a raised firm voice, he immediately stops what ever it is he is doing.. I came across that phrase, accidentally..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I was not impressed at all with season 2; I thought there were way too much stuff going on and it was hard to follow. And I was bored. About halfway through the season, I grabbed my iPad and started playing Wordscapes, while still keeping half an eye on the tv. But you're so right about season 3! I love TNG, and it's right up my alley. So good!

Good job on those "needles"! We say "Molli-Stop!" which should have been her name!

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
went and did 2 loads of laundry at the laundry mat
check the mail for today
letters
try to put some of the clean clothes away
get the book package sealed up to take to the post office
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A gorgeous morning! We had the bedroom windows open all night last night; the girls loved it. We never got below the upper 50s. No electric blanket either. Nice. We slept like babies.
We clipped claws and cleaned ears yesterday. Tabby and Muffin put up with it. Molli acted like we were killing her; her screaming and yelling could be heard on Pluto, I swear. And we had the windows open, so the neighbors probably thought she was being murdered. They all got snacks after.
  • Enjoying my coffee and hanging here for a while. I'll need to scoop in a few.
  • I think we're going to Lowes for weed 'n' feed stuff.
  • Still haven't found that pitcher.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's gray and overcast but there is no rain in the forecast. In about an hour I'm heading off to Branch Brook Park to be overwhelmed by their more than 5,000 flowering cherry trees. That's more than in D.C. I've been checking on the live cam and it's looking pretty good.

I invited two friends to come with me but . . . one said she had a lot going on and couldn't make it (she's a volunteer at their local library and the book sale is coming up) and the other one wanted me to check in a day before I would go so she could then decide. So I'll go by myself.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
rescheduled my mammogram due to city bus was booked all day and couldnt get me
took some mucinex dm for my cough
mail letters and check mail after the hubs gets up for work
write some letters
might start working on the book shelf ( clear it and begin organizing it slowly)
talk to mamanyt1953 later today

Status
Not open for further replies.