Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope you get some relief from your knees and ankle.. You have been through a lot..
Winchester Winchester WOW!! so much produce!! That is what I used to accumulate, when I was gardening. Yup, freezing works....

You probably know this, but: If you wrap the unripe tomatoes in newspaper, place in a cardboard box, put in the cellar; They will ripen and taste wonderful!! They will not mush out! We used to do that at the end of the year.

Bocce brunch this morning...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today - not actually in order -​

1) I turned off controls for greenhouse louver / shutters and exhaust fan, put up their exterior covers, and turned on greenhouse heat.

2) Himself and I took down the four screen doors for the two pairs of doors to the upper and lower decks, and put screen doors in basement for winter.

3) Turned off water to two remaining outdoor faucets.

And - tah dah!

4) Restacked toppled pile of firewood.

Here it is toppled

Firewood_2022-10_toppled wood pile.jpg
and here it is restacked
Firewood_2022-10_restacked wood pile.jpg
Didn't take very long at all.​

And here, Winchester Winchester , is a picture of the cleaned up toad statue. It's his other front foot / leg that is broken away. Not too visible.

Misc_2022-10_toad statue.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester artiemom artiemom Thanks for your support about my knee.foot, ankle.I need to pace myself but sometimes that is hard to do.
It can be discouraging but when I go to the pain clinic and see people who are in much worse shape than I am in, I feel humbled.
Pam your trip sounds fun! How is Rick's mom?

will unpack things from Amazon,,beanies, scissors, washcloths, exciting stuff, yeah? ha!!

Having an order delivered at 1:00pm.

wash some bedding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 She's doing OK. But the nursing home is still not allowing visitors. They're up to about half of the residents now, so it's going to be a while before they can get it under control. Again. My own thought? That aide should be fired. Now. If they don't want the vaccine, fine. They don't need to work there. I've been saying that all along. (And if we had the money, Rick's mom would be living with us full time and we'd do everything we could to keep her safe. She doesn't deserve this. The whole Covid thing just p!sses me off big time.)
Thank you for asking. I hope you're feeling better.

artiemom artiemom I do know about using newspaper, but we don't have enough newspaper for them. We stopped getting our local paper a few years ago and subscribe online. Thanks!

Dear Richard got up this morning to feed the girls. When I awakened at 8:00 and walked out the hallway, I could smell cut peppers. Rick cleaned and chopped a whole cookie sheet of peppers for the freezer! He said he watched me chop peppers yesterday and it seemed like so much work. I said that he weeded and watered the garden all summer long; this was fine for me. But he wanted to do a sheetful. Wonderful man and I'm going to keep him forever. :redheartpump: After the peppers freeze on the cookie sheet, we'll bag them up in the Food Saver. I think that, tomorrow or Wednesday, those tomatoes on the counter should good enough to make sauce.

We're only doing one large cookie sheet of peppers at a time, which is the equivalent of ten to twelve bags, because our Food Saver is getting old and it gets too warm and stops working when it overheats. We can do about 12 bags now before it overheats. Our poor Food Saver has been put through the wringer these last several years. Rick keeps talking about getting a new one because he's afraid this one is going to die midway through a bagging session. We got it through QVC many years ago. It's been wonderful for our produce.
  • Bag up the peppers after they've frozen on the cookie sheet for about two hours.
  • Do a quick vacuum throughout the house, clean the registers, and turn the heat on in the house. It's time. Darn it. Last night, all five of us were quite comfy in bed. Flannel sheets, electric blanket turned up to 7, and a heavy comforter. Molli, Muffin, and I were in bed watching TV, and then Rick and Tabby joined us later on. Very nice. Just us and the girls.
  • Put books on Evelyn's Kindle and take it up to her this afternoon. Rick will drop it off at the front desk and they'll take it back to her.
  • Clean combs and hairbrushes. Boiling water and baking soda. Followed by a shampoo rinse and a good drying.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holiday or no holiday. It's Monday so time to wash bed sheets, However once they are washed and dried I'll fold and pack away.

Winchester Winchester I watched someone on a TV home program fold a bottom sheet. It went like this: Fold sheet in half, bottom to top and tuck the pockets into each other so there are two showing. Now fold it in half, and reverse pocket as necessary so there's only one, with four pockets tucked together. Sheet is quartered. Smooth with hands and fold over lengthwise in thirds. Fold sheet rectangle in thirds or quarters. And there you have it. Seeing this done is probably easier to follow than this wordy explanation. Did it help?

1) Flannel sheets and lambs wool comforter will go on our bed. It's time. I brought the comforter home from Holland, lo these many years ago. Had one of those garment bags, not a suitcase. Folded it over the comforter in its packaging, bought extra luggage straps and good to go!

2) Bring both humidifiers out of storage and will plug them in. But not put into service right now.

3) Toaster ordered on Amazon was scheduled to arrive on Friday. Himself just got a message - it's coming today. Excellent timing as Himself had to push the lever down twice to toast his bagel this morning, even though the bagel button was pushed. Means the old toaster can be disposed of in the trash, which goes out today.

4) Bring more plants into house.

5) And Himself intends to replace the gaskets on the wood burning stove today, so it is ready to fire up. I ought to make some fire lighters too - cardboard egg cartons, wood shavings, melted down ugly candles.

UPDATE: Just got a call from our intermittent handyman and yes! he will come today. Thought he probably would not because of holiday. Anyhow, that means the pair of front doors and pair of kitchen doors can have screens swapped for storm doors, which are too heavy for Himself and me to manage at our advancing ages. And the grass is looking like a baby hay field so he can do the mowing too. Yay!

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Please keep Mollipop in your thoughts today. She's at the vet for a dental. I'm not handling it well. She cried the whole way down and when they took her from me, she was still meowing. I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty. Today cannot go by quickly enough. I want my little girl back home. The tech asked, "If she goes into cardiac arrest, do you want us to try to save her?" My response? "Yes! She's only ten years old! You do whatever it takes! Whatever it takes!"
  • While I took Molli to the vet for her dental, Rick gave breakfast to Tabby and Muffin. We stayed in bed purposely until 7:00. I got up and got dressed. By that time, Molli and I had to leave. She was not amused, but the dental needs to be done.
  • Must do the remaining peppers. While they're in the freezer, I'll do tomatoes. Then, when the tomatoes are cooking down, I'll bag and freeze the peppers. Rick is going to check for green beans. Going to be a busy day. And that's OK. I'd rather keep busy.
  • We're going to start clipping plants down this afternoon and raking leaves.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep Mollipop in your thoughts today. She's at the vet for a dental. I'm not handling it well. She cried the whole way down and when they took her from me, she was still meowing. I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty. Today cannot go by quickly enough. I want my little girl back home. The tech asked, "If she goes into cardiac arrest, do you want us to try to save her?" My response? "Yes! She's only ten years old! You do whatever it takes! Whatever it takes!"
  • While I took Molli to the vet for her dental, Rick gave breakfast to Tabby and Muffin. We stayed in bed purposely until 7:00. I got up and got dressed. By that time, Molli and I had to leave. She was not amused, but the dental needs to be done.
Yes, Mollipop will be in my mind all day! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::hugs::hugs::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: 🙏🙏🙏

That was a horrible thing for the Vet tech to ask! OMG>> so tactless. Yes, they do have to ask, but, dam.. so tactless!!

Please let us know how things are going--- when ever you get the chance. It is good to keep busy. That is the best thing to do... (((HUGS))

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh Pam, she will be fine, I just know it. Maybe next time they will give you a sedative to give her before she comes in, poor girl. My Vincie girl used to cry when they took her from me for bloodwork or to be cathed when she had UTIs. I felt things would've gone smoother with me there.

What time will you be able to pick her up?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
what an amazing day!! woke up to temps in he 40s, put on my thick, pink, toasty robe and had a few cups of tea.

Went to the store.....I just had to get out of the house so I bundled up but by the time I got halfway there, I unzipped my parka. It will be in the 70s with very low humidity;;;;perfect🌅😎🌞👍🍂🍃🍁

washed dishes

threw out Ca's old litter box and set up her new one. She has christened it, ha!!

will rest and then read on the deck

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
She's home. Just got back from the hospital. She lost one tooth to FORL (reabsorption), but overall she's in great health. Good bloodwork and her teeth didn't have much in the way of tartar. She is on gabapentin for pain, if she needs it. She had an ID collar around her neck; the staff couldn't take if off because she kept hissing at them. Came home, ate a wee bit of canned food. We're both going to bed. She's back in the bedroom now with her, "Mom! Come back here!" cry.

Thank you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester er So happy to hear everything went ok. So funny that she hissed at them, ha!!
artiemom artiemom How is Geoffrey?

on my third cup of tea

do a load of colors and dry some outside

I cut Cal's hair yesterday and she looks and feels so much better. So shiny and she purrs when I pat her....such an angel.💖

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Molli is fine and back to normal. She was still kind of "stoned" last night. She took me to bed and we cuddled for quite a while. Then she woke up around midnight and her eyes were wide open; she was very alert. She ate all her breakfast this morning and then came back to bed to bathe and nap with me. I really missed my little girl yesterday. No gabapentin as she seems OK.

Did two quarts of tomato sauce for the freezer yesterday. 12 bags of peppers, for a total of 34 bags from the peppers that were on the counter. Rick will probably go to the garden this weekend to get the last of them.

Rick will be working outside today. He wants to finish clipping the front flower bed and then mow the yard. Yes, I could mow the yard. But I won't. Why? Because if anything happens to the blasted lawn mower again, I'll get the blame! Again! Not going there. Nope.
  • Changed the bed sheets this morning
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer throughout the house. Nothing big. I also must scoop.
  • Received my King Arthur Baking School book, so I'll want to take some time tonight to look through it. Can do that while Dear Richard is bowling. I had pre-ordered it from Amazon a couple months ago.
  • Peruse Amazon's Prime days sales to see if there's anything I "need". I doubt there will be.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself had a dentist appointment today. Before he left we moved three pots of all green leaved Aspidistra from outside upstairs to the shelf in our closet, in front of two quarter round windows. Check that item off my mental "to do" list. Oh, and I also moved one pot of green and white variegated Aspidistra to the great room.

Two loads of laundry, one small dark and one medium white. All done and folded, in basket ready to go upstairs and put away.

Mixed a large container of potting soil and Pro-mix. Now need to take some of that and mix with fine gravel from the seasonal brook to repot certain dormant-about-to-awaken plants in greenhouse.

And it isn't even lunchtime yet.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
dr appt
bank
post office
lunch out at dennys
grocery store

later
check mail
write my letters
talk to mamanyt1953 online
play a game or read a book

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Very busy day today!
Could not sleep last night.. finally fell asleep around 3am.. woke up an hour late!! Had appointment for yearly physical! Had to fast!!

* Took morning meds.. no food, no coffee
* Quick medicate Geoffrey
** just a tiny Swiffer in Bathroom--litter from box pushed in corner
* showered, out door.
* PCP appointment
*Bloods drawn
* Drive to Angell for G's refill
*Down to hospital's satellite location, one city over, to schedule PT appointments. Was in luck, cancellation tomorrow morning!! Thank you God!! and St Anthony..
* Dunkin for small cold brew
* picked up script for muscle relaxant-- to be taken at bedtime..
* filled up car's gas tank
* Picked up yucky breakfast sandwich at the building's store for supper--- too tired to even make a salad, never mind picking apart a rotisserie chicken, I got yesterday..
** Waiting for G's chemo to arrive late afternoon... It is on ice, so I need to pick it up, and not wait..
* Icing knee right now..
* Left voice mail with orthopedic doctor for an appointment ...knee
* Geoffrey had his chemo pill when I came home.

Immediately after the I pick up the package from the front desk, I am changing into my nightshirt.. That is it! I am done for the day..
Exhausted, physically, sleep deprived.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom What is wrong with your knee? I must've missed a post Is the muscle relaxer related to your knee?

My cal looks so sweet with her hair cut. I'm so glad I did it.

Get out healed blanket...it's time.

Won't get out of the 50s today....30s tonight.

throw out old paperwork and receipts

Status
Not open for further replies.