Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mod Note - Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today

We stayed up in the WeShed until a little after 1:00 this morning. We watched Jungle Cruise (hilarious), Don't Look Up (a parody of America today when a comet is on track to hit the Earth and it was so much like what happened with Covid), the first episode of Boba Fett, and finally finished The Mandalorian. Our son shares their Disney+ with us, since we pay for it annually for them as part of their family Christmas present. People were setting off fireworks all night last night. It finally ended around 2:00.

Not planning much today at all. Why? Because I firmly believe that what I do today will be what I do for the rest of the year and I'm just not doing it! :thumbsup: That being said,
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with Molli and my coffee. Tabby presented me with two hairballs as my NYD gift (Guess what I'm going to be doing all year....cleaning hairballs)
  • When I'm finished with my coffee, I'm going out to throw the pork and sauerkraut in the crock pot. I'm thinking an early dinner for a change (noonish or so), so I have the rest of the afternoon to myself, while Dear Richard watches football.
  • I'm thinking of taking the TWT down. Only thinking about it, mind you.
Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Art, cooking, & taking care of my cats.
If I'm going to set a thing of What's to come for 2022, think I might take a nap!😂

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waffles with maple syrup and melted butter for our New Year's Day brunch. We do like waffles but the recipe is more involved than pancakes. All three mixing bowls, hand mixer beaters, spatula etc are washed, dishes in dishwasher. And after I finish my coffee still need to clean waffle iron after it cools down.

I put hardly any holiday decorations up last year but intend to take them down and pack away today.

I'm sure that no matter how leisurely I wend my way through the day there will be other things to do - like wishing peace, health and happiness in the new year to all my Cat Site friends both human and furry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Enjoying my second cup of coffee. Gave the girls their before-lunch lunch, so everybody's happy. Rick is in the basement as I type, scrounging for Christmas cookies in the freezer.
  • After I finish my coffee, I'm taking boxes out to the WeShed. I'm removing the ornaments from the TWT and then Rick will take it down. Once I take all the decorations away, I'll do a good vacuum and dusting and re-arrange my books and such again. (I think we're taking the tree down in the house tomorrow.) Rick will have to take down the outside decorations and lights, but everything is very wet right now from all the rain yesterday.
  • Must start work on a grocery list. We're going back to shopping once every 4-6 weeks.
  • I need to scoop boxes.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched two episodes of Masked Season 2 on Tubi (I fear I am addicted to that show).
Going to do another lesson or two in the online investing course I'm taking
It's raining, but it's 66 degrees, so I may go sit on the porch for awhile before the storms and rain/snow mix gets here this evening and tomorrow morning. Yesterday was in the 70s.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One load having its extra rinse in the clothes washer (something I do for whites with chlorine bleach) then need to go into dryer

Put a bag full of green and amber pill / medicine bottles on Freecycle. No response yet. Thought they'd be useful for buttons, beads, small things that get lost in a drawer. If no response by tomorrow afternoon then out into recycle bin.

Took about 9 large empty cardboard boxes off the top of storage shelves in basement. They are from hifi / computer "stuff" that Himself said we must keep in case anything had to be returned. Boxes are now vintage, nothing has been returned and I want them gone. He will "review" and decide toss / keep / ?Freecycle. Could always cut them down, tie them up and put out for recycle collection tomorrow afternoon.

And it is just now lunchtime. Am I on a roll or what!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, the WeShed is back to normal. The tree is in the basement and all the knickknacks and such are put away. I did a good vacuuming and a good dusting. Gave all the plants a good drink and put them back in their rightful places. Looks good!

It's cold this morning and with that wind, it's downright bitter. I started walking again yesterday, 1-1/2 miles outside. But I think the treadmill will be calling my name. No way am I going out in that weather...not when I'm just starting out again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, made our coffee, grabbed a quick shower, and Molli and I are back here. She's napping in the cat tree and I'm enjoying my coffee.
  • Ordered SN (Supernatural) 12 and 13. Still need 15 and also Outlander 5. (Rick gave me a gift card back in 2020 that I never used. It was expressly meant for SN. Finally used it.)
  • I think we're taking Christmas down in the house today. I hope so. While I'm always happy to see the tree and the house looking so festive, I'm always glad when it's all down and put away, too. Muffin was particularly bad with the tree this year. Constantly chewing on the branches and needles. Molli to a lesser extent as well. I'm putting away some of the Winterberry stuff, too, but will keep most of it out until sometime in February.
  • :scale: Good grief, I didn't think it was that bad!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Almost done in the house. Got the tree down and pretty much everything put away. The only thing left is undecorating the ceiling fan in the kitchen (and I think we just forgot about it yesterday).
  • Enjoying my coffee
  • Need to vacuum throughout the house, move the stuff back to their respective places in the living room and then dust. Do a quick wipe-down in the kitchen and bathroom. And life will be back to whatever passes for normal around here, at least inside. Still have to work on outside lights. (Rick said that this morning, after breakfast, Muffin went into the living room, started sniffing around where the tree was and then sat down. He said that she looked so dejected, he almost felt sorry for her. She really liked gnawing on the tree.)
  • Get my walk in. Only 1-1/2 miles a day for this week. So far, my leg feels fine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls.
Rick has a dermatology appt this morning. He has something on the top of his head that really needs to be checked out. He went to his GP yesterday morning and his doctor agreed. He called and they set him up right away for today. He has had skin cancer before, but I'm really worried about this "something".
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and Molli and I are back here
  • Two loads of laundry
  • My Brooks shoes came last night, but they're way too small. They'll have to be returned and I'm hoping to take them back to UPS this morning at some point. I have worn an 8.5 Wide for years; somewhere along the line, my feet have really grown.
And that is pretty much it for today. House is clean, inside windows are washed. Not much going on.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
post office to ship out some boxes and mail 3 letters
grocery store for some sodas
come home and do more computer stuff

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Rick took me to breakfast today. I guess it's our last gasp after the holidays. We're going back into hibernation for a while. We went to Lowes for a tote to store Christmas stuff. Slowly getting rid of boxes and going more into totes. Also to the UPS store to return my Brooks shoes. Two weeks for the return to go through.
  • Went to Dick's to get a decent foot measurement. My 8.5 shoes were way too tight. No wonder; I'm now a 9.5! Didn't think my feet would grow that much! Now I, at least, know my size and can go from there. I did find a pair of Brooks that I really liked at Dick's and would have bought them, had they had them in my size. The only place I can find the Brooks shoes I like in my size is at Zappos. Never dealt with Zappos, so I don't know about their service. The shoes that I returned to Amazon were from Zappos.
  • We're going to take down some lights this afternoon.
ETA: The guy who runs the bowling alley tested positive for COVID, so he shut down the alley for the rest of the week. Rick doesn't have to bowl. And I'm glad because of the snow forecasted for tonight. I also did order my shoes from Zappos. Rick had seen a pair of Brooks that he liked at Dick's this morning, but they didn't have them in his size. So I ordered him shoes, too. We are both walking now; he started walking a couple weeks ago. I started in this week. If things go well for me, I should be able to get back up to speed in another week or so that we can start walking together again.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is all discombobulated!

Laundry this morning---all morning!!! Jeesh, I really dislike doing laundry here... By the time I clean/disinfect the machine, then put my laundry in... and if I have 2 loads, like whites and darks--as in today. I have to clean out another machine. And then the dryer..

Why; are you asking that I clean the machines?
Because we have residents whom have aides doing their laundry. They have been notorious for not rinsing out poopy underwear, or even opening up a plastic pocket of the dry detergent, placing in the liquid area----which immediately clogs the line!!!

Also, Covid/Omicron is running pretty rampant in here.. So better to be safe, using disinfectant, gloves and paper towels; before each use.

I have gotten a lot of the reasonable residents to do the same...
~~~~~~~
All of this messes up my day!!
I still have to vacuum, shower... and cuddle with Geoffrey,,
make a salad for supper
boil an egg for salad
~~~~~
Getting a snow storm late tonight and tomorrow morning... 4-8 inches.. hoping for the 4 inches..
I have one more load of laundry to do.. it can wait a few days.. only my underwear.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Rick took me to breakfast today. I guess it's our last gasp after the holidays. We're going back into hibernation for a while. We went to Lowes for a tote to store Christmas stuff. Slowly getting rid of boxes and going more into totes. Also to the UPS store to return my Brooks shoes. Two weeks for the return to go through.
  • Went to Dick's to get a decent foot measurement. My 8.5 shoes were way too tight. No wonder; I'm now a 9.5! Didn't think my feet would grow that much! Now I, at least, know my size and can go from there. I did find a pair of Brooks that I really liked at Dick's and would have bought them, had they had them in my size. The only place I can find the Brooks shoes I like in my size is at Zappos. Never dealt with Zappos, so I don't know about their service. The shoes that I returned to Amazon were from Zappos.
  • We're going to take down some lights this afternoon.
ETA: The guy who runs the bowling alley tested positive for COVID, so he shut down the alley for the rest of the week. Rick doesn't have to bowl. And I'm glad because of the snow forecasted for tonight. I also did order my shoes from Zappos. Rick had seen a pair of Brooks that he liked at Dick's this morning, but they didn't have them in his size. So I ordered him shoes, too. We are both walking now; he started walking a couple weeks ago. I started in this week. If things go well for me, I should be able to get back up to speed in another week or so that we can start walking together again.
Zappos has been around a long time - at least fifteen years. I haven’t ordered from them in that time but when I did they had fast service and good return policies.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Zappos has been around a long time - at least fifteen years. I haven’t ordered from them in that time but when I did they had fast service and good return policies.
Thanks. I’m always a little concerned when I order from some place new to me.

As for snow, we’re in the 2 to 4 range. Blah.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I always hated having to go to the laundromat. I hated having to use the machines there and I hated spending my time there. When Rick and I were first married, we didn't have a washer, so we were at the laundromat. Didn't take long for us to get a washer! I can go without a dryer, if I have to....can't go without a washer. How are you doing with the snow this morning?

A lot of white out there this morning! I think we got about three inches. It had already stopped snowing when I got up.

I returned my shoes yesterday; last night I received an email that my refund was already in my account. Not bad!
  • Making breakfast for us this morning: windowpanes (some call them eggs in a nest), cob-smoked bacon, and orange juice. Maybe some fried potatoes, depending on how lazy I am. I like to make breakfast when it's snowy outside. Rick likes breakfast pretty much anytime.
  • Put audiobooks on Rick's mom's Kindle; we'll take it up to her this afternoon.
  • Change bed sheets (thinking about making up the WeShed bed and sleeping out there tonight)
  • I'm thinking of make pepperoni rolls for dinner tonight while watching a movie or two; if I decide to go that route, I have to make the dough.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester yeah, I am not a fan of the snow. It is still snowing.. at 9:15 am... We are getting about 9-11 inches, when it stops... UGH..

I am not a fan of snow..

Going to quickly do morning stuff...
check out downstairs, and the stuff around my car...
Will have to take shovel out of trunk and shovel my car out..

I really wish maintence would do it.. They should.. This is a senior building, and they should provide the service~ automatically... dam I do not know why they do not...
All it takes is one person, falling, having a heart attack to change this... dam....

The snow should be stopping, completely, in early afternoon. It is windy outside. I am going to have to pull out my snow gear... snow pants, snow gloves--I have Reynauds, so hands and feet get frozen, easily.... heavy wool socks, sweatshirt, and boots... yuck....

and since I do not have an entryway. I am going to put down an old scatter rug, and get a chair ready for so I can sit down for my boots...

Winter has officially arrived! Pooh!

Quickly do my morning stuff..
Cuddle with Geoffrey.. he is constipated.. I do not know why... He is getting very vocal.
This morning, after our wake up play session, before I fed him breakfast. I left my apartment, just to see how much snow was out there, in the parking lot...

When I returned; he was sitting there, waiting for me.. Screaming at me!! OMG.. He would not stop.. Literarily screaming at me! "Where did you go?? You left me without feeding me! You cut our play session short! I deserve more playtime! Feed Me!! "

Geoffrey followed me around the kitchen, still yelling at me! I had to pick him up---which he hates, cuddle him; in order for him to stop...

Man, what a cat!!

Geoffrey is also becoming very playful, chasing his tail, every night, around 9:30pm.... just as I am getting sleepy. I go to bed at 10pm... so this is not convenient for me..
Yes, a 6 year old cat, is discovering his tail!! and running around, falling off his cat tree, jumping in the back of the couch, still chasing his tail, and using the sofa as a scratching post...

He has discovered his youth.... Is this considered a Cat's Mid Life Crisis?? I wonder...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here with my pour over coffee, enhanced with a little instant espresso. This morning I deserve it! So far today I have

1) fed cats
2) made the simple breakfast Himself has every day - juice, banana, toast - today it was an onion bagel
3) Made a fire in the wood burning stove that is our supplemental / can we keep the furnace from coming on source of heat.
4) put the bird feeders out, which involved putting on my muck boots to step through 4 inches of snow. Since the snow is covering the ground I also threw some mixed seed into the flying saucer feeder made from plastic garbage can lids for the sparrows and other ground feeding / non-perching birds. Here's a picture from a different year.

Flying Saucer Bird Feeder_2016-01_checking it out.jpg
5) Shoveled the front walk.
6) Started a load of laundry.
7) And now my coffee. So yes, an espresso "boost" is appropriate this morning.

The new man to plow the driveway is supposed to be here right about now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom That's a lot of snow! I think we got about three inches. Maybe. Rick did a quick shovel in the driveway and did a path out to the WeShed. And a bit of a path around so that I can take Muffin for her walks. Driveway got down to stone quickly. Our neighbor called to see if we needed plowing; Rick said we were fine, but he thanked him for calling. We appreciated that. Geoffrey seems to be quite the kitty lately. You went outside before you fed him? How dare you! :lol:

C catapault Did your guy show up to plow you out?

Finished my grocery list. I'm praying the cats don't throw up over the weekend as I'm down to 1/2 roll of paper towels. Let me see, I have one egg in the fridge. A scant cup of milk (there's milk in the freezer, if need be). No oil, other than olive. One onion and two white potatoes (a box of sweet potatoes downstairs from the garden). Rick has just enough creamer for his coffee for tomorrow. One dishwasher pod for the weekend. Grocery shopping is mandatory on Monday; I haven't been this low in a year.

Not much at all planned for today.
  • I'll sort clothes to get them ready for laundry tomorrow.
  • Need to scoop boxes.
  • I may (may) get into those kitchen cabinets and start organizing them. They're in very sad shape.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

Yesterday the driveway got plowed about noon. One man had no English, the other had good English. They did a great job plowing (it is not an easy driveway - long, uphill, curve just before the top. And keep in mind that this was their first time here.) They even shoveled out in front of our cars parked at the bottom of the driveway, and along the driver's side on both cars. Very happy with their work.

Once the driveway was plowed and passable I called our propane company to tell them the heat was out in my greenhouse. Temperature down to 40 degrees F from its normal 55 degrees F. Left a message. Not very long after that Himself said, "There is a service van coming up the driveway." Didn't even call to discuss, just showed up. Easy fix, apparently there was a short or something in the milli-volt wires from the thermostat. I think it may be time to replace the heater. It was installed with the greenhouse back in 1999. But I would like to wait for warmer weather before doing so.

Got a recorded message from the refrigerator delivery service to say that my delivery is scheduled for Monday between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. They won't come if anyone in the house has covid, the driveway must be passable, etc etc. I called back to confirm yes is is a service call and not a delivery. That's right. Stupid recording. Stay tuned for Monday's developments.

Then this morning got a call from the hunter who comes here. He didn't get anything, just wanted to stop in and say hello. Talk about hardy! - it was 13 degrees F when he got here earlier. Now it was all the way up to 19 degrees F. Nice little visit.

There's a fire in the stove, a cat in my lap. All is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.