Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault When Rick isn't around to help me fold sheets, I'll take them back to the bedroom and fold them on the bed. It takes me a while, but I usually get the job done. I've seen about folding sheets that way, but I'm too klutzy to deal with queen size sheets on my own.

A very rainy day today, bringing in another cold front. We were going to hit Lowes, but will probably stay home. Rick is bowling again tonight as a sub for another team.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Mollipop was on my lap for a while, but she's now in bed with Rick, snoozing away.
  • I have the starter ready to go to make bagels this morning. Trying a recipe from King Arthur for Cinnamon Sugar Crunch Bagels. Uses cinnamon sweet bits, which I bought at KA. I figure that, if we don't like the bagels, I can always use the cinnamon bits in brown sugar and cinnamon biscotti.
  • Hit the WeShed to check on the plants at some point.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom What is wrong with your knee? I must've missed a post Is the muscle relaxer related to your knee?
I have had a wonky knee for many years. Told I needed surgery on it. Last week I had a bad fall; ending up twisting knee falling flat on it.. I need a orthopedic.. problem is, the really good ones are all booked up.. so... I wait.
I could go to a regular ortho, but I want a really good one. I have seen too many mess ups. I am very particular.

I saw my PCP yesterday. She gave me 3 names, two of with are top doctors. One is a general ortho. I called one, left voice mail.

Got flu shot yesterday! Sneezing this morning!!
Today:
* quick morning stuff---no time for vacuuming
* medicate Geoffery
* off to PT for lower back and neck...
*make Salad for supper, or a baked potato with some chicken.. depends on how I feel
*Who knows??
Need to add more litter to G's litter box. I need to do a wash and change, but cannot kneel to clean it.. poor baby has a dirty bathroom. He keeps telling me about it.. poor thing..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cookies baked and out of oven to cool.

Flu shot today but don't know when. Was supposed to be 11:00 a.m. but got a call yesterday late yesterday that the vaccine had not been delivered to the pharmacy. So he'll call when it does come in and we off we will go. Of course I was going to go to Wal-mart and Shoprite but now do not know when. Best laid plans and all of that.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
wake up properly
do my online stuff
check my mail
write letters
eat some lunch

later talk to mamanyt1953
and anything else that comes to my mind

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
check mail for the day
write some letters
play a game ( later tonite)
talk to mamanyt1953( at 5 or 6pm)
read my book

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. Right now, he's cleaning up his desk, which is quite a chore! As he cleans and files, he's shredding the older files, so we only have a year at a time in the filing cabinet. Then he's going outside to clip and clean around the yard.

We were going to hit Lowes today, but it looks like that's not happening.
  • I just came inside from the WeShed. Checked the plants and watered what needed to be watered.
  • When Rick goes outside, I'm going out, too. While he's working in the yard, I'm going over to the WeShed to clean out the flowerboxes and clip around the hosta. Do a bit of raking, just to keep the leaves at bay. It's still really wet over there and the leaves on the deck are soaked. I'm going to bring the chairs and table inside, too. I don't see us sitting out there much anymore this fall.
  • Ordered two sets of flannel sheets from the Vermont Country Store. We had purchased a set of sheets when we were in Vermont. We like them so much that Rick suggested we just buy a couple more sets. They are really very nice. And they don't move around on the bed when we move, so not a lot of wrinkling. I just can't sleep on sheets with a lot of wrinkles; it's a "thing" I have.
  • Sort laundry for washing tomorrow.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
get two more military ladies to write to later
try to play my game again and maybe win some battles
try to finish reading prisoner of azkaban and start goblet of fire

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Looks like most of my day will be spent in the kitchen.
  • I need to scoop.
  • I have enough tomatoes to do to get another two quarts of sauce. (I found a few in the basement that were starting to blush out and brought in several from the Shed last night to sit on the counter for a while.) So I'll do tomatoes today and there will be some ready in another couple of days or so. Rick is going up to pick green beans, so I'll have them to do. Not sure about peppers yet, but he had mentioned stripping the plants and then pulling them. I may or may not have peppers.
  • Feed Samantha (sourdough). That means that I'll have discard. I hate getting rid of discard. I see sourdough English muffins this afternoon. Dear Richard will be happy; he loves sourdough English muffins, preferably with raisins. They toast beautifully.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like most of my day will be spent in the kitchen.
  • I need to scoop.
  • I have enough tomatoes to do to get another two quarts of sauce. (I found a few in the basement that were starting to blush out and brought in several from the Shed last night to sit on the counter for a while.) So I'll do tomatoes today and there will be some ready in another couple of days or so. Rick is going up to pick green beans, so I'll have them to do. Not sure about peppers yet, but he had mentioned stripping the plants and then pulling them. I may or may not have peppers.
  • Feed Samantha (sourdough). That means that I'll have discard. I hate getting rid of discard. I see sourdough English muffins this afternoon. Dear Richard will be happy; he loves sourdough English muffins, preferably with raisins. They toast beautifully.
Man, you have me craving English Muffins.. and sourdough ones!! I am with Rick. I love sourdough..
I can only find them on line. The grocery stores around here, only have Thomas English muffins... Two bites and they are gone!! Or Vermont Store ones, but not often...

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
check the mail
write letters ( if i have any to answer from the mail)
make some lunch in a little while
read my book
play a video game

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My stash yesterday consisted of two quarts of tomato sauce, two bags of green beans, and ten sourdough English muffins. Of those ten muffins, there are five left; we had our version of Egg McMuffins last night for a Sat night supper (two muffins each) and Rick toasted one with homemade apple butter to enjoy with his coffee this morning. I'll have sourdough discard, so I'm going to have to start making English muffins every week as Rick really enjoys them. These didn't have raisins bc I had planned on the egg muffins last night. Next batch will have them. (I also found out that, if you slice English muffins, they don't have those "nooks and crannies". You need to fork-split them. I couldn't understand why my muffins didn't have the crannies; well, that's why.)
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Scooped the boxes
  • Work on a grocery list; we don't need much. Potatoes, carrots, stuff like that.
We are to get a bit of frost early this coming week. Rick mentioned going out today to strip the garden down (he'd try to save the green bean bed with old flannel sheets). The weather-weenie even called for a few flakes to start flying on Wednesday. Nothing major. I don't know if we'll get it done today or not, but it really needs to be done and soon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
boxes

have to finish washing winter gear

put my bed back together after washing sheets, etc

Going to be cold tonight and will only be about 45 today,,ouch!!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I do not know..
Finally, after being painful yesterday, at Church-- could not stand for all the parts of it.. too much pain from back and knee.
I finally got some relief after I came home from grocery store--- so weird. I did nothing, No Tylenol, no muscle relaxant.. nothing. Pain just got better..
I am not chancing anything today.

* regular morning stuff-- I do have to vacuum, especially bedroom (G's Room).
* Need to get laundry together. It is too much for me to do on my own. I will have to send it all out.. yuck, usually send just towels and sheets, but... I will send a load tomorrow and the rest next week. I could not handle my laundry basket, and going up and down the floors, cleaning out washer, etc.. Not chancing anything. Send out it is...
* Seriously need to throw trash out...
* Need to do a ton of shredding.. so tired of all the idiotic flyers, with my name and address on them!!
** need to pay a bill... pick up this weeks menu...
**** need to cut some of Geoffreys pills and put in gel caps for him.

Nothing else, perhaps read.. still not ready to tackle the Devices (Alexa and Firestick).. but I have to soon. I miss them.
I miss watching Star Trek.. Paramount Plus is on my Firestick.

I need to read my book for the book club.. may just do that. Listen to some music from my iPhone which is synced with a portable speaker... So glad I bought it a couple years ago.

Have a couple of deliveries coming today.. a small oven ready stockpot from Tramotina, and a new air cleaner. Mine is making noises when it rotates.. ugh.. Got good deals on Amazon days..

That is enough. Tomorrow is Physical Therapy, along with rain. I will be hurting.. so not stressing myself, but just doing a tiny bit of what I can do.
I will probably not accomplish everything on my list...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
overdid it in the closet-- looking in my 'stash' for something..

resting.. Did vacuum, throw trash out, pick up mail and package, cuddled with Geoffrey. Just have take care of his meds.

Not sure about supper...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I got up with the girls this morning, did the breakfast thing with them, and unloaded the dishwasher. By the time I finished, Rick was up, dressed, and ready to go. We went down to the orchard, stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way. And we came back with 70 pounds of assorted apples, plus 20 pounds of Grannies for me to munch on. Some apple cider donuts and a small package of sand tarts for Rick's mom. I would have rather waited more til the end of the week, until I finished more tomatoes and gotten the peppers in the freezer. The kitchen is loaded down with peppers and tomatoes. As it is, I now have tomatoes to do, peppers to freeze, and pies and dumplings to make. And then applesauce. And by that time, more tomatoes will be ready to do. I feel kind of overwhelmed, to be honest. I'm glad I'm retired this week.

On the way home, I got hit with the Headache from Hades. I was driving, so it was interesting. Finished the drive, got home, got everything out of the car, and went to bed. It was nasty. Woke up an hour or so ago. Still feel crappy and will probably call it a very early night.

Rick called his mom to see how her audiobooks were coming along. Only to find out that she didn't have her Kindle. We took it up last Monday! He hung up and called out to the front desk and it was still there; nobody bothered to take it back to her. They "forgot" about it, even though it was right there on the desk. They immediately ran it back to her when Rick called. He is rapidly losing patience with that place. Because of Covid, we cannot visit. And she's been without books for a week. She was not amused, so he had to deal with that. It wasn't his fault.

Our sheets came from Vermont Country Store. Very nice! I'll wash them tomorrow.

Rick is up in the garden now, covering the green beans plants. Everything else can just freeze at this point. It's a shame, but it's also a losing battle.

I'm really tired and going back to bed. Tomorrow will be busy.

ETA: And Rick just came down with a mess of green beans. Those will have to be done tonight as I won't just let them in the fridge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.