Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today I have

Baked one tray of chocolate chip cookies from dough mixed, shaped, refrigerated last night.

Adjusted my Chewy's Autoship order. This will be the second delivery and I'm still having to adjust when it comes.

Leave in 10 minutes to drive off for my Little Bulbs in Rock and Woodland Garden lecture. Will report back after I'm home.

Hard frost last night, 28 degrees F on the roof when I got up. Handyman cannot come today, he has a magic show to give for the tourists on Friday / Saturday / Sunday. Monday it's supposed to rain. I will see what I can do myself but I'm not happy being at the end of the line.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

I thought I adjusted my Chewy's Autoship but found another email when I got home - one order of 6 boxes of Tiny Tiger were to be shipped today / arrive tomorrow and my (adjusted) autoship will arrive 5 weeks after that. Domino and Mr Poe would happily scoff down all the extra food but I would not be happy to allow them. So I called Chewy's, we were both trying to adjust things. If we were successful tomorrow's delivery will be called back and not arrive here. If it does, call Chewy's and they'll make arrangements to send it back. Or maybe I'll keep it and rather than allow the (adjusted) autoship there will be an adjustment to the adjustment, for delivery at the end of November. . . . Is the 5% discount for autoship worth it? Or will I need to spend time on phone to manage each delivery. Time will tell.

So I'm happily driving along to arrive for my lecture, ready to take the exit that merges I-78 east with I-287 north except it is closed due to an accident. I ended up going south on the second highway, getting off on yet a third road, looping around and getting on the highway I wanted, in the direction I wanted, and only 10 miles extra. Feh!

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. This was the first in-person meeting of this garden group since covid screamed into town. The place we used to have our meetings still won't let the garden group in. So this meeting was held in the township library very nearby the place we used to use. But . . . when the group was trying to book the meeting room it was not available for October Saturdays. So I ended up with Friday morning. If there were 12 members in the audience, that was all. I gave a very good performance but I'm disappointed. Because I knew this would happen. Weekday does not draw as good an audience as weekend.

And that was my day.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

I thought I adjusted my Chewy's Autoship but found another email when I got home - one order of 6 boxes of Tiny Tiger were to be shipped today / arrive tomorrow and my (adjusted) autoship will arrive 5 weeks after that. Domino and Mr Poe would happily scoff down all the extra food but I would not be happy to allow them. So I called Chewy's, we were both trying to adjust things. If we were successful tomorrow's delivery will be called back and not arrive here. If it does, call Chewy's and they'll make arrangements to send it back. Or maybe I'll keep it and rather than allow the (adjusted) autoship there will be an adjustment to the adjustment, for delivery at the end of November. . . . Is the 5% discount for autoship worth it? Or will I need to spend time on phone to manage each delivery. Time will tell.

So I'm happily driving along to arrive for my lecture, ready to take the exit that merges I-78 east with I-287 north except it is closed due to an accident. I ended up going south on the second highway, getting off on yet a third road, looping around and getting on the highway I wanted, in the direction I wanted, and only 10 miles extra. Feh!

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. This was the first in-person meeting of this garden group since covid screamed into town. The place we used to have our meetings still won't let the garden group in. So this meeting was held in the township library very nearby the place we used to use. But . . . when the group was trying to book the meeting room it was not available for October Saturdays. So I ended up with Friday morning. If there were 12 members in the audience, that was all. I gave a very good performance but I'm disappointed. Because I knew this would happen. Weekday does not draw as good an audience as weekend.

And that was my day.
You can cancel or change the date of your Chewy autoship online. Just choose “manage autoship” and you can see at the top line that you can make whatever changes you want, like canceling the next autoship, changing frequency or changing the autoship date.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct Not being noisy; but, any news on your biopsy? If you do not wish to share, that is ok.. I understand.. Just know that you are being thought of...❤ 🙏
we went to pick my results up and it said essentially non diagnostic with no confirmation of cancer in the report other than recommend further testing if suspected as malignant. so im just going to run with the no cancer confirmation until i find out otherwise :lol: even though its annoying like crazy right now along with knowing thers is probably lots more testing in the future for me

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made two small loaves of sourdough bread yesterday. One loaf is gone. Completely. Oh man, it's good. I'm going to have to put the other loaf in the freezer, simply to save ourselves. I know you're not supposed to slice bread until it's cool. But do you actually think I was going to wait that long? When fresh warm bread with a bit of butter is right there in front of me? Nope, not going to happen. Thankfully, Rick was more than willing to help me. And we munched.

And there goes putting the bread in the freezer; Rick just put two slices in the toaster. Yum! I put the English muffins in the freezer.

Rick took the brush that we weeded and clipped out to the mountain yesterday. There's a place where they accept all kinds of brush and such. And found a TON of gorgeous cannas out there. He's going back out today with clippers; if they'll still there, he'll clip the foliage off and bring the tubers home and store them in the basement. I don't know what we're going to do with a ton of cannas next spring, but we'll think of something. Last year, my sister and BIL were out there and came home with a bunch of mums. Nothing wrong with them; people just don't want them anymore. They brought them home and she put them around Theodore (Theodore is a large gargoyle, like our Rupert).

After he comes back home, hopefully with cannas, he'll work around the yard. It's going to be a beautiful day today.

There was a snafu with the delivery of my baking steel yesterday. Now they're saying today. I hope so.
Today will be spent in the kitchen....
  • Last night, I took tomatoes halves and quarters that I had frozen out of the freezer to thaw. They're still kind of frozen, so I tossed them into the sink to finish thawing a bit. They'll get skinned and then turned into pasta sauce; I have the ground beef, onions, and peppers ready to go, along with seasonings and some tomato paste to thicken everything. Cook for a couple of hours. And my thanks to lizzie lizzie for telling me about freezing halved tomatoes until I get enough to do something with them!
  • Starting in on pies and dumplings today. Prepare yourselves for the language coming out of my kitchen! :censored: I hate, hate, hate making pie dough!
  • Finish up by making General Tso's chicken for dinner tonight. I found an online recipe for the sauce and I have everything I need. We'll see how it goes.
I also need to scoop boxes before I do anything else.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I made two small loaves of sourdough bread yesterday. One loaf is gone. Completely. Oh man, it's good. I'm going to have to put the other loaf in the freezer, simply to save ourselves. I know you're not supposed to slice bread until it's cool. But do you actually think I was going to wait that long? When fresh warm bread with a bit of butter is right there in front of me? Nope, not going to happen. Thankfully, Rick was more than willing to help me. And we munched.

And there goes putting the bread in the freezer; Rick just put two slices in the toaster. Yum! I put the English muffins in the freezer.

Rick took the brush that we weeded and clipped out to the mountain yesterday. There's a place where they accept all kinds of brush and such. And found a TON of gorgeous cannas out there. He's going back out today with clippers; if they'll still there, he'll clip the foliage off and bring the tubers home and store them in the basement. I don't know what we're going to do with a ton of cannas next spring, but we'll think of something. Last year, my sister and BIL were out there and came home with a bunch of mums. Nothing wrong with them; people just don't want them anymore. They brought them home and she put them around Theodore (Theodore is a large gargoyle, like our Rupert).

After he comes back home, hopefully with cannas, he'll work around the yard. It's going to be a beautiful day today.

There was a snafu with the delivery of my baking steel yesterday. Now they're saying today. I hope so.
Today will be spent in the kitchen....
  • Last night, I took tomatoes halves and quarters that I had frozen out of the freezer to thaw. They're still kind of frozen, so I tossed them into the sink to finish thawing a bit. They'll get skinned and then turned into pasta sauce; I have the ground beef, onions, and peppers ready to go, along with seasonings and some tomato paste to thicken everything. Cook for a couple of hours. And my thanks to lizzie lizzie for telling me about freezing halved tomatoes until I get enough to do something with them!
  • Starting in on pies and dumplings today. Prepare yourselves for the language coming out of my kitchen! :censored: I hate, hate, hate making pie dough!
  • Finish up by making General Tso's chicken for dinner tonight. I found an online recipe for the sauce and I have everything I need. We'll see how it goes.
I also need to scoop boxes before I do anything else.
I used to freeze whole garden tomatoes, all the time..

Going to cook chicken breast today. It is going to be nice and warm, but I have to use an oven.. either my large toaster/convection oven or the stove oven.. not sure. I want to roast some veggies, also.
I think I am going to marinate one half of the breast in a ginger salad dressing.. just to see how it tastes.
I will bake the other half, bone in, and probably freeze a lot of it.

Tomorrow is Chinese food day in here. The Tenants Association does it yearly. Orders from a local restaurant. I used to work in Chinatown, so I have had my fill of Chinese food... both good and bad--cheap. I have become kind of a snob
about it--- fussy.

Just taking an extended break from a quick vacuum. Have to open windows.. Dreading ortho appointment this week...

Need to get going... I can wast teh entire day away....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I got a little over 3 quarts of pasta sauce for the freezer yesterday. And there are eight pie crust disks in the fridge; that's as far as I got before I got sidetracked helping Rick outside. At least that part's done.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Must do litterboxes. (BTW, I can add Turkey and Giblets to the list of foods the girls no longer like. :cringe: )
  • Pies today, if it's the last thing I do. Three two-crust apple pies and two one-crust apple pies with streusel toppings. And Rick would like a create-a-crust apple pie for dessert tonight. That one's easy; it's the other ones that will make me spastic.
  • Tomato sauce today, too. I thought I could let the tomatoes go til Monday. I thought wrong. I think I'll just put it in the fridge and use it for chili.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Five pies done, plus the create-a-crust. Two regular apple pies, two streusel apple pies, and a salted caramel apple pie with raisins. Our neighbor chose one of the streusel pies (and took that puppy home while it was still really warm! I gave him a dish towel to handle it), we're eating the CAC pie, and the rest went into the freezer. A bit of cussing was done and quite of bit of muttering, but overall, not too shabby. I will probably start doing it that way from here on out: making disks a day ahead of time, then rolling the disks out when I'm ready to make the pies. And I used a different recipe than my MIL's (shhhh, don't tell her bc I've used her recipe for decades) and that was a lot easier.
I also did tomatoes and got about 2-1/2 quarts of sauce. I kept one quart in the fridge for chili and the rest is in the freezer. We're starting to run out of room in the freezers.
And I made more dough disks for apple dumplings.
  • Apple dumplings today. I'm thinking 16 to 20 dumplings. Our neighbors will get four, my sister and BIL will get four, Rick's mom will get two, and the rest for the freezer. I'd like to make apple crisp and, maybe, some fritters. I found a recipe for apple fritter bread. We'll see how things go.
And that's it. Only one thing. Sorry.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
write letters
cut up some veggies for a light snack
talk to mamanyt1953 when she gets up later
eat a good light lunch

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling?

I should stop posting in here; I never seem to get done those things that I want to do as I sometimes get sidetracked. I wanted to do the apple dumplings yesterday and ended up outside helping Rick. So many things need to be finished up. Clipped all the daylilies and got everything on the truck to be taken to the mountain to dump. Clipped the hosta around the WeShed. And we STILL didn't do the garden. Hopefully this weekend as it's supposed to be another nice one.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I really do need to get to work on those apple dumplings; Rick's mom called him last night to say that her books expired and she didn't get to finish them because the people at the desk never took her Kindle back to her for a week. And the library has only a two-week period. And then she said that she thought for sure that I would have made apple dumplings by now. Sometimes she doesn't realize that there's all kinds of stuff going on and sometimes, things just don't work out. She didn't even know that we went for apples, but it's October and, to her, I should have have made those dumplings by now. She was not amused. Rick is going up to get her Kindle and he'll take some dumplings to her. She's upset about the dumplings, she's upset bc we couldn't have a birthday party for her (too many Covid patients, including her), she's upset because we don't visit (again, too many Covid patients, including her), she's just plain upset and frustrated. And she's good at making us feel guilty. And I'm venting and I'm sorry.
  • Changing bed sheets when Rick gets out of bed
  • Covid boosters and flu shots this afternoon. That usually means I won't be worth crap tonight and tomorrow. But we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.