Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The orthro guy said that my knee cap is bone on bone. I saw it myself, on the x-rays. He said I have a replacement in my future, when it gets to a point where it really impacts my life. Try strengthening quadraceps. The other knee is getting to be bone on bone.. not much else. Perhaps I slightly tore a cartilage when I fell. Nothing about arthroscopic surgery, or any injections. He did offer a cortisone shot, but since the last one did not help me, he did not push it.
I can go down stairs, but not up. I guess that is one of the surgery points. I can go grocery shopping, and walk a bit on the treadmill.

Not sure if I like this guy.
Cindy, Nicole had both knees replaced nd so did Larry. they are doing great and the post op went well. I wouldn't fret too much. You'll do fine.My prob id going down steps.

litter boxes

eating junk food, ha!!

having te Omicron vaccine and flu vaccine today

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday...
Stripped and remade all the beds

Cleaned all the bathrooms

Did several loads of laundry

Organized the junk drawer

Cleaned off all the spider webs from around the front door

Finally got my kitchen table centered under the light which wasn't as easy as you'd think considering the configuration of the area and having four chairs and a bench to deal with.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got to actually spend some time in the WeShed yesterday. Just me, the Ghost Hunters, and a couple Smirnoffs. And life was good. My African violets are blooming again; they're all from the same mother, so they're all purple. But I'm always thrilled when they start blooming. The Christmas cacti are blooming idiots! Mom more so than the baby, but the baby also has some blooms. I'll take them. They're really looking good. I had them out on the WeDeck for a while this past summer and I think it shows. Very pretty. (When I had the cactus at work in that huge southern window, it would start to bloom in November and would finish sometime in February. It was simply stunning. It won't do that here, but that's OK.)

Two more quarts of tomato sauce for the freezer yesterday. I'm thinking Tuesday will be my next tomato day.

According to Dear Richard, we got down to 27F last night. It was chilly in the house when we got up. Muffin has been sleeping in her stroller again, but around 3:00 this morning, she came to bed and started head-butting me. I pulled the bed covers back, she crawled under them and turned around to face me. I nestled her under the covers and turned the blanket back on for her. She cuddled up as close to me as she could. When I woke up at 6:45, she was still there. She was awake, but no way was she leaving that warmth until breakfast. She hates being cold. We're still going outside for her walk, but last week, I started wrapping her in the pink blanket. It was time. Unfortunately Rick won't take her for her walk with the pink blanket. No, nope, nada. That is not going to happen!
  • After I'm done with my coffee, I'm going to scoop boxes and take the trash out.
  • Sort through laundry to wash tomorrow. I put it into piles on the bathroom floor
  • Outside to work on leaves this afternoon, but it has to warm up a bit.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got to actually spend some time in the WeShed yesterday. Just me, the Ghost Hunters, and a couple Smirnoffs. And life was good. My African violets are blooming again; they're all from the same mother, so they're all purple. But I'm always thrilled when they start blooming. The Christmas cacti are blooming idiots! Mom more so than the baby, but the baby also has some blooms. I'll take them. They're really looking good. I had them out on the WeDeck for a while this past summer and I think it shows. Very pretty. (When I had the cactus at work in that huge southern window, it would start to bloom in November and would finish sometime in February. It was simply stunning. It won't do that here, but that's OK.)

Two more quarts of tomato sauce for the freezer yesterday. I'm thinking Tuesday will be my next tomato day.

According to Dear Richard, we got down to 27F last night. It was chilly in the house when we got up. Muffin has been sleeping in her stroller again, but around 3:00 this morning, she came to bed and started head-butting me. I pulled the bed covers back, she crawled under them and turned around to face me. I nestled her under the covers and turned the blanket back on for her. She cuddled up as close to me as she could. When I woke up at 6:45, she was still there. She was awake, but no way was she leaving that warmth until breakfast. She hates being cold. We're still going outside for her walk, but last week, I started wrapping her in the pink blanket. It was time. Unfortunately Rick won't take her for her walk with the pink blanket. No, nope, nada. That is not going to happen!
  • After I'm done with my coffee, I'm going to scoop boxes and take the trash out.
  • Sort through laundry to wash tomorrow. I put it into piles on the bathroom floor
  • Outside to work on leaves this afternoon, but it has to warm up a bit.
I love the way you still take Molli for walks! and cuddling her with the pink blankie! I love it ❤

Yesterday, I did not do anything, except sit on the recliner, covered up with a blanket.
I had some lentil soup the night before. I usually stay away from it, for GI reasons, but really felt like trying it out. Friday night was the test night. Stupid me also ate some TJ's dark chocolate covered raisins.. not a good combo. It did not agree with me. Not in the bathroom all day, but a couple times, felt tired, such, more than anything else. So I stayed stretched out on the recliner, while my cleaner was cleaning the bathroom and kitchen floor.
Geoffrey stayed on my lap!! Sweet boy...

Today:
*Up early for Mass
*Gave Geoffrey some meds
* Picked up a few things at grocery store--perishables .
* now having a cup of coffee and some cottage cheese. I have not had it for years.
* it is a PT exercise day. Back was talking to me, during Mass.
** Should vacuum, also...

I am going to have some chicken thighs, cooked in a spaghetti sauce for supper. That is, if I can keep my eyes open. Have not been sleeping well. Getting to bed an hour or so, later, and not falling to sleep. Last week, I had many nights where I went to bed, could not fall asleep, came out to watch TV until 1:00 AM!!

I should make a phone call... but... lazy.

Lots of should of, would ofs in here... If I ever accomplish everything on my list, I will be a very happy camper!!

Had to scrape the frost off my car this morning!! First time... UGH... shades of things to come..

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
had the Omicron and flu jab, severe itching. I had both in the same arm only slept about 2 hours..feel speedy..used ice packs and lidocaine ointment for the itching..felt chilled and very cold afterwords but that has passed....only a sore arm

needdd to do laundry

boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I was just going to ask you how you were feeling. The first couple times I had the Covid vaccine, I thought I was going to scratch my arm apart; the itching was horrible. The last couple times (and how strange is it that we've been shot now four times?!), I did OK, but the shots wiped Rick out for a day. Glad you're doing better other than that itch.

artiemom artiemom Take care and do not overdo!

Another day out in the WeShed, after raking leaves early in the afternoon. Rick decided football was more important than the leaves, so I put the rake away and headed for the Shed. And that was that. And while I was out there, our neighbor came over to return my pans from the apple pie and the dumplings. His wife included a pretty ceramic tart pan; she said she's never used it and she has a feeling that I will!

Not much going on today....
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer. While I was in the basement, I took a chuck roast and a pint of freezer cabbage out of the freezer to use for dinner tonight.
  • Work outside this afternoon

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday. Washed an extra large load of the two flannel sheets from our queen size bed. Machine finished. I went in the laundry room to move sheets to dryer and

there is water all over the floor.

Cut to the chase - plumber can come Thursday morning. He thinks the drain pipe needs to be power snaked to remove debris, build up, whatever.

I did run two mini loads of towels that I had used to sop up water from the floor just because I could not leave them absolutely soggy in the sink until Thursday. There was some dampness where the washer hose goes into the drain pipe but not even trickling water dribbling on to the floor.

What a pain! Enough to count as three things?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
laundry

rubbish, I missed them this morning..just couldn't get it out there but I now have about 4 bags to go out. I keep them light weight.

finally slept after Omicron and flu vaccines. I had only 2 hours sleep in 24 hours but was able to sleep some last night. That is a side effect for some people with the booster get a nap in hopefully

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not doing much of anything today, if I can help it. Tired and still sleepy. Rick got up with the cats this morning and I thought I could sleep in. First Mollipop came in the bedroom and hopped in bed with me. Then Muffin came in and she and Molli started going at it. Broke them up, but then they started growling and keening at each other. I keep telling them that the bed is a Neutral Zone, but some mornings, they don't care. I got up. When the cats are in that kind of mood, sleep is not going to happen.
  • I'll work on leaves, if they dry out enough. We had quite a bit of rain last night.
  • There are some library ebooks with my name on them.
  • Ordered a Kindle Fire 10+ for reading purposes only. (I have a paperwhite that I got for Rick's mom a few years back. She hated it. So do I. I should turn it back in to Amazon. It's hardly been used. Maybe I could sell on it Marketplace or something. I don't know.)

Tomatoes can wait until tomorrow.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
letters
get a cat toy order put in the mail bag to be mailed tomorrow
make something to eat very soon
talk to mamanyt1953 when she gets up
maybe work on the book cases later

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
COMPLETED

un packed Amazon order

took rubbish to bin

ordered my monthly items from Amazon, sooo much cheaper than Walmart on most the most expensive item was Cal s flea collar. I am sticking with Serento even though there have been some probs Will place order tomorrow early am.

TO DO

will do a load of laundry

dishes

fold clothes, perhaps

rest with Cal, cut mats and knots from Cal💞

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • Tomatoes this morning. I have a Friskies canned cat food cardboard boxful and two dinner plates of tomatoes that are ready. That will be it for the kitchen. I'll have to check the Shed and see what's ripening again out there.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, clean the bathroom (I'm spot-cleaning the kitchen. After the tomatoes are all finished, I'm going to deep-clean the kitchen. Doesn't make sense to really clean only to mess it all up again a couple days later. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
  • One load of laundry, although I make let it go til tomorrow.
At some point I need to make that cranberry relish. My sister needs it on Friday.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to the grocery store
check my mail later and get my amazon package of the steps
write letters
talk to mamanyt1953 later when she is online

Status
Not open for further replies.