Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wrote a couple of letters
Added a second coat of polyurethane to a project.
Changed two batteries in two car remotes. That wasn't as easy as youtube video indicated.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got back from my vacation to Salem and Boston yesterday afternoon and I seem to have brought back a cold. So today I've been taking it easy as I deal with the cold. Thankfully it seems to just be a cold because I've been testing negative for Covid. I did order groceries and went and picked them up. I also had a psychiatry appointment and therapy appointment earlier and I'll probably be going to bed early. I took tomorrow off work because I'm not feeling great, so I can at least sleep in.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I got back from my vacation to Salem and Boston yesterday afternoon and I seem to have brought back a cold. So today I've been taking it easy as I deal with the cold. Thankfully it seems to just be a cold because I've been testing negative for Covid. I did order groceries and went and picked them up. I also had a psychiatry appointment and therapy appointment earlier and I'll probably be going to bed early. I took tomorrow off work because I'm not feeling great, so I can at least sleep in.
Hope you feel better💝👍

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far this morning I have already - before we hit the road - unloaded dishwasher. It's going to be a busy day. Himself has a regular appointment at the health center. I'll tag along. Then on the way home we'll stop at the IGA for a couple of items they have that I need. Well, we need, but as I said in my reply to gilmargl gilmargl 's question of the day, I'm the one who plans menus and shops before getting down to the nitty-gritty of cooking and serving.

After lunch we will stop at the library to drop off our vote by mail ballots. Then continue on to Costco where I want to fuel up my car. As long as we are there we'll go in. Sure to find some supersize packages of something.

Then to Wal-mart. Himself needs a short 3-wire extension cord and I can look for this and that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Glad you're feeling better! I love Tramontina cookware! I've had mine now for a good ten-plus years and it's really good stuff. America's Test Kitchen did a test on stainless and, of course, All Clad came out in first place. But Tramontina was a very close second and for a much cheaper price. The only thing ATK didn't like was that the pieces were smaller than All Clad; most of the time, it's just Rick and me, so that was not a problem. Their stainless is a work horse, IMO. Works well and cleans very well. I have both All Clad and Tramontina in my kitchen and you can't tell them apart.

As bad as I felt yesterday, that's how good I feel today. That was just nasty.
  • The peppers are in the freezer for their first freezing. In an hour or so, I'll go down and bring them up and bag them. They can go back into the freezer to stay. Rick and I got up this morning and it took both of us working about two hours to get the peppers chopped. A lot of peppers! And that is all of them, unless Rick finds a couple more in the garden. And if he does, I have a sneaky feeling he'll toss them.
  • We hit Lowes (new house keys), Target (check on vaccines, shampoo, and FoodSaver bags), and Giant for a few groceries this morning. Got home, got it all put away, and gave the girls their lunch.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer. Need to change the bedsheets.
  • Our local CVS in Target now has the Moderna booster and I made appts for both of us for the boosters and for flu shots.
  • Getting ready to work on tomatoes. Rick will be going outside to work.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Stay At Home day after deserting the babies for four whole hours yesterday, so the three things to do are
1. provide lap time for Daisy
2. provide lap time for Daisy
3. provide lap time for Daisy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, checked on tomatoes, grabbed a quick shower, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Mollipop started coughing last night, so I got up with her and petted her and talked to her til she was OK again. She came down to between Rick and me from her pillow behind my head, curled up, and went back to sleep. When Tabby awakened me for breakfast, Molli was still there. Didn't take her long to get up, though, once I got out of bed!
  • One quick load of laundry, just tees and such.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the house this afternoon. Nothing big.
The girls are turning into real snoops. Now I can add Beef and Liver and Turkey and Giblets to the mix that they don't like. Molli and Tabby like the Beef; Muffin hates the stuff. Molli likes Turkey; Tabby and Muffin won't touch it. Oh, they'll eat half of it, once they realize that's what's on the menu. But they're not amused. Mealtimes have gotten to be a hassle. I'm getting to the point where Friskies Buffet pate is no longer viable!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Glad you're feeling better! I love Tramontina cookware! I've had mine now for a good ten-plus years and it's really good stuff. America's Test Kitchen did a test on stainless and, of course, All Clad came out in first place. But Tramontina was a very close second and for a much cheaper price. The only thing ATK didn't like was that the pieces were smaller than All Clad; most of the time, it's just Rick and me, so that was not a problem. Their stainless is a work horse, IMO. Works well and cleans very well. I have both All Clad and Tramontina in my kitchen and you can't tell them apart.
The one I got was a cast Iron ceramic 3.5 quart dutch oven. I wanted a smaller size for a couple of reasons: Weight, and the fact that it is just me, whom I will be cooking for. I do not need a 5 quart dutch oven. I wanted one which I could put a pot roast in, and cook in the oven. I can us it for other things also. I have a full set of Faberware, which I have had for many many years. The only thing with the Faberware is that they cannot go into the oven because of the handles.
I do have a Cuisinart 3 quart stainless with cover which I use for a chicken casserole during the holidays.

With the new Tramontina dutch oven; it is recommended to 'season' the edges of the pot and lid, before using. I can see that it is not as well manufactured as a LeCrueset pot, but.. for the money, it is acceptable. It is heavy.

Now, to season it, and find room to store it!! damn small cabinets. tiny kitchen!

• Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, checked on tomatoes, grabbed a quick shower, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Mollipop started coughing last night, so I got up with her and petted her and talked to her til she was OK again. She came down to between Rick and me from her pillow behind my head, curled up, and went back to sleep. When Tabby awakened me for breakfast, Molli was still there. Didn't take her long to get up, though, once I got out of bed!
I will keep Molli in my prayers...

Yesterday I had PT.. still undecided about this therapist.. So different from the person I had before. But the injuries are different. I had gone to a Sports Medicine PT office. This one is in a satellite clinic of my main hospital. And the PT is young. I did not think she did much with me, but my neck felt so much better after her manipulations. I was kind of physically exhausted after the session.. weird, cuz I did not do much at all..

They initiated a new program in the building: Relaxation and Mindfulness; a group with a Psychologist. I got a personal invitation to attend it from the head Resident Coordinator. She called me the other night, asking me to please attend. She told me that I have changed so much since eI moved in and have become a 'leader; in here. She wanted me there..,

I made it home in time for the meeting. It was well attended. I kept answering the psychologist questions, he kept asking me. He thanked me after the meeting for allowing him to 'pick' on me!! I got a thank you from Rose... So we will see

Today:
* regular morning stuff.
* medicate Geoffrey
* quick vacuum
* exercises
** supposed to play corn hole, but I am giving it up.. I am own taking any chance with my back, neck, and knee.
** I have so much to do around here. I have to do something.. one item at a time..
**Covid testing at 11 am...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's clear there was a frost last night. Not too bad but upper leaves on cannas are dark and drooping. So it is time to start cutting back, digging, packing away for winter. The intermittent handyman did not come Monday, is supposed to come today. I certainly hope so, and for longer than his usual hour.

Yesterday at Costco I found an interesting 2-pack of a light weight long sleeve thermal shirt paired with nice flannel shirt. Priced at $19.95 / pair. Found Himself, but then couldn't find the table with the shirts - you know how it goes. Asked a staff woman refolding shirts after members had unfolded them and left. She knew right where they were. Himself agreed that yes, the pair would be nice for working outdoors on firewood in cold weather. Found two plaids that he liked. Which are now swishing around in the clothes washer on hand wash - not dirty but we never like to wear clothes right from the store without washing first. You?

Tree guy supposed to come this afternoon to discuss what we want done when his crew comes next Monday. There are dead ash in two different locations, one very awkward to get to, also the sycamores that snapped off that I think I mentioned. And two different trees that - as long as they are here - I would like the lowest branches cut off to let more light on a rhododendron and the other over the driveway. They won't be able to do everything in one day so it will be a matter of prioritizing.

Tomorrow morning I have a dental appointment, prepping for a crown. And Friday I have a lecture to give, on Little Bulbs for Rock and Woodland Garden. Plus all the usual this-and-that of daily life. So let me get to it. Bye for now.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

did 2 loads, my new beanies washed and dried well

it is sooooo cold and I am not used to it. I am keeping the heat down. Cal is wrapped in a throw on the bed..she looks so sweet.

have a Stouffer's spaghetti dinner in the over for lunch

artiemom artiemom Sounds like you are a hit at your apt building!!💖 :hugs:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: The ash in an awkward location will be dropped and left in situ. We have more firewood already cut, split, and stacked than is needed for this winter. The leaning maple will be cut. It will be good for next winter's firewood. Not sure what will happen with the sycamore, but that's not good firewood anyhow. And the two disparate trees I want the lower branches trimmed will be taken care of. Now to get the quote.

Intermittent handyman cut down and unpotted the all elephant ears, an amothophallus, one pot of cannas. They're in the garage waiting me to trim the roots and pack away for their long winter sleep. Cut grass, which was taller than I though. He carried several tubs of debris (from where Himself has tossed trash from splitting firewood) up into the woods and dumped it. He cannot come on Friday so it will be next week before we tackle some more cannas. And then there are the bananas . . .

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I think you're more of a leader than you realize. You have really been making a difference in what's going on around you. Sure, they wanted people at that meeting. But they picked you and that means something.
Mia6 Mia6 It's really cold here, too; we're starting to live in sweats. The girls, even though they're indoors all the time, are getting thicker coats.
C catapault You guys are busy! I'm glad you have somebody to help you. That's a lot of work.

We had our first full frost last night, not a freeze, but a frost. Rick has been covering the green beans and the strawberries with old flannel sheets. He wants to get a bit of straw for the berries. He just came back in from uncovering them and said he thinks we'll have more green beans on Saturday.

Have to tell you about Dear Richard. We are both big Snoopy fans and have been forever. Well, Rick saw Peanuts flannel sheets in the Vermont Country Store catalog. He showed them to me and told me to order them. He's almost 72 years old and he wanted Peanuts sheets. Well, they're on the bed and they're adorable! :lol: Molli got into bed the first night they were on and she stopped at looked at me. "What is this? A d*g? On my bed? MOM!" I told her she needed to talk to her father; it was his idea.
  • Must do tomatoes. I was hoping for them to go until Friday, but I think I'll do them today. I brought in some blushing tomatoes from the WeShed and will let them go in the kitchen until they redden. If I do tomatoes this morning, I should be good until Monday til I have to do them again.
  • Feed my sourdough, so it's ripe for baking tomorrow. I need ripe starter (freshly fed) to make sourdough bread tomorrow. And I'll use the discard for more English muffins as Rick has been really enjoying them with his morning coffee.
  • We need to organize the freezers in the basement! They were in good shape before we started putting this year's produce in them. He's been tossing stuff in both of them and I'm to the point where I've no idea what the heck is where! And some organization will give us a bit more room for the applesauce and pies and dumplings that I'm planning on working on this weekend. That will be my task for this afternoon. Right now, I can't find anything without a lot of searching (and muttering).

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
boxes

walked to store and froze my butt off. all i had was an old pair of cycling gloves so I bought a pair of men's work gloves while there as that is all they had. felt good to be outside even though it was cold.

drying sweats

The cinnamon babka came and I am so enjoying it....very rich!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You are too kind..
Today:
*Just a quick Swiffer for litter straggles.
* changed bed linens!! Hooray.. without any back pain!! I love one of the exercises from PT.
* Washed dishes.
* Medicated G-- he is constipated.. dam.. I do not know why.. I have been giving him miralax. Gave laxatone for the past 2 days.. have to do it again, this afternoon. It is a chemo day, so I will stretch things out.
* Have to pick up a few things at stores.
** need to do PT exercises. There are a couple I do not like. It is really hard for me to do. I will do the best I can and then stop.. I think this PT is so different from the one I went to with my shoulder. I have to ask her about some things I find she is not doing...

I took out a chicken breast, cut in halves. I am uncertain what to do with it. I am thinking of a tiny pot of soup. I need to get parsley, some more celery, onion.. and probably bake the other half.

It has been chilly the past couple of nights. Yesterday afternoon, I had to put the AC heater option on for a bit. Then got too warm in the living area.. I have a love/hate relationship with heat...

Last night, Geoffrey had the zoomies again. This time around 9pm.. OMG.. running from room to room, then up the cat tree to chase and bite his tail!! OMG... I thought the cat tree was going to fall over.. He made me laugh.. of course, he was calling me to chase him, before this happened.. I love him.

Trying to wean him off the mirtz. Just a dab last night.. will do the same up to Saturday, then see how he does without it.

OH, Got my Alexa and Firestick re-set!! I do not know what happened to them, but I did it. I unplugged Alexa, for a week, hit the reset button on the Comcast modem.. last week.. left it alone.
I do not know what I did, but I reset the Alexa and the Firestick started working!! and it is really weird, but my accessory Sony speaker was booted off my phone!! I had to reset that also.. What is happening?? Do I get hacked?

And my keys turned up!! Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from the desk. She said she had my keys for a couple of days!!!
I lost them 10 days ago.. and replaced all of them!!
Receptionist could not remember who gave them to her??? She did say the person giving them to her, said they were at the restaurant, and to give them to me.. This is so weird... I called the restaurant a couple of times. No one turned them in.. so weird... Is someone playing games with me?? weird...

I replaced all the keys!! and the building FOB, and the mailbox lock!! DAM.. spent all that money for no reason.. so weird.

I did have a Senior Center card on it.. did they get returned to them? and somehow made their way to my building? I know they have a bocce team there. Some of our leagues players, are on their league.. weird.. very weird.. Saint Anthony came through.. again.. as he always does.

So things are good. Just resting from changing bed linens. The mattress needs to be rotated, but.. not now..

Next is going to be the litter box... when I am feeling better. Poor Geoffrey is constantly telling me it needs a change out and wash..

gotta get going...

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
check my mail later
waiting for my mucinex to come in from amazon
write some letters
eat some lunch in a little while

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning.
Yesterday, Rick ordered the parts we need to repair our Dyson.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, took out my sourdough discard and one cup of fed starter to take the chill off, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Making sourdough bread today and sourdough English muffins. I love sourdough anything.
  • I cleaned the oven last night; well, I hit the CLEAN button on the stove and let it go for three hours. This morning I'll take the oven racks out and wipe everything down. My baking steel should come today and it should have a clean oven.
  • Check tomatoes in the WeShed; I brought a bunch in yesterday, so I might be OK. Need to check the plants, too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
* regular morning stuff...
* medicate Geoffrey-- brush him also..
* Need to pick up a script
** Need to do PT Exercises...
** debating about going to the newspaper meeting.

I signed up for another water color painting class. I loved the last one. It was so much fun! limited to 20 people.

I really need to cook the chicken breast.. either early today or definitely tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.