Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Checked my garlic this morning; it's at the bendable stage, so it has some time to go yet. Every so often I change the order of the trays. Temp is set for 105 degrees F.

Rick took the AC out of the WeShed last night and I turned the heat on, mainly for the African violets. It's not real high, just enough to take the chill off. I rolled the deck rug up and took that and the deck chair pillows into the basement for the winter. I'll still go out to the deck on nicer days until it gets too cold. Maybe with a mug of hot chocolate instead of my Smirnoff Ice.
  • I awakened on my own around 6:00; rather than stay in bed for another 30 minutes or so, I just got up. Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made our coffee, and am back here. After the trash-weenie goes, I'll scoop the boxes.
  • At some point today, I'll do the garlic powder.
  • Wipe the bathroom down, wipe the kitchen down, do a quick vacuum and swiffer.
  • Bake the peanut butter cookies

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. Mollipop came back to bed to bathe after breakfast and we lounged for a while. Then Muffin came back and jumped in her buggy. And started yelling at me to get up. From her buggy! She was actually sitting in her buggy and yelling at me that it was time for their after-breakfast breakfast! OK, OK! Got up and went into the bathroom to get dressed. When I opened the bathroom door, three cats were in the hallway, waiting. They led me into the kitchen, just in case I forgot my way. After an after-breakfast breakfast, Mollipop is back in bed, Muffin is back in her buggy, and Tabby is lying on the steps from the living room to the front door. Napping away. Evidently, trying to get me out of bed was hard work!

Not doing much today.
  • Get the wash ready to do on Friday.
  • Vacuum and swiffer in the WeShed, sweep the deck. Water the plants and move them around to their winter places. Once the leaves fall off the trees, the inside of the WeShed actually gets more sunlight than it does during the summer.
  • And then bring the vacuum that belongs in the WeShed into the house. Rick broke the Dyson yesterday while vacuuming the steps and needs to order a piece. I know how that goes; it won't happen very quickly, so I need a vacuum in the house. Until the Dyson is repaired (whenever that will be), the Shark vacuum will work.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was/is:
* Up early for appointment
* medicate Geoffrey-- during day
* Quick Swiffer in kitchen and bathroom--where litter box is kept
* Watched some bocce, until verbal arguments came out. That is when I left--the people in it are ridiculous. Went to watch a bit of staff cornhole, talked to a few people.
* Cup of coffee, banana, some peanuts for lunch.
* phone call, respond to some emails
* book club meeting this afternoon
* supper--- my own salad, or soup

Geoffrey was so cuddly last night. I could not believe it. OMGosh.. Such a sweet boy. The mirtazapine is making him more cuddly, and sweeter, if that could happen. Last night, as soon as I opened up the recliner, covered myself with a throw (chilly around here); Geoffrey was automatically on my LAP!! As if he was waiting for me!!

Geoffrey is NOT a lap cat. I can count on less than one hand, how many times he has been on my lap--- only a few..
I was shocked! I took it as a "Thank You, Mama; for taking such good care of me" "I love you"...

This cat just amazes me with his will power to bounce back. So many set backs, yet, he is still so sweet; so loving.

We actually PLAYED a bit, when I came home from dermatology appointment!!! OMG... It was very difficult to contain myself. I was smiling--from ear to ear.

Fingers crossed for him...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey was so cuddly last night. I could not believe it. OMGosh.. Such a sweet boy. The mirtazapine is making him more cuddly, and sweeter, if that could happen. Last night, as soon as I opened up the recliner, covered myself with a throw (chilly around here); Geoffrey was automatically on my LAP!! As if he was waiting for me!!
He is such a darling boy!!!
Winchester Winchester Those girls of yours are awfully sweet!!

washing a load of darks now

make a list for groceries Nicole will shop

maybe listen to my book

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Our girls are quite the characters! :redheartpump: Thank you!
artiemom artiemom G is doing so well. I hope he continues for a long time. Such a cuddle baby.

I did not even get to the WeShed yesterday. I got caught up in doing things in the house and, before I knew it, the day was gone. The only time I even left the house was to take the trash out.
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Hit Lowes for softener salt
  • Get my butt to the WeShed to water the plants, clean, etc.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
This morning/today:
* up early for corn hole league---my team won!! freezing cold outside
*regular morning stuff
* medicated Geoffrey--through out day
* quick brushing to Geoffrey
* quick Swiffer to kitchen and BR floors.
* hot coffee to warm up--
* building meeting with Executive director
* I should vacuum and dust a bit.. maybe.. but I am lazy..
* phone call for new prescription.. a couple calls for it.

I have soup in the refrigerator for supper. I think Italian Wedding soup is appropriate. I got it from Whole Foods.
I need to start cooking, and making soup. I always have chicken soup in freezer. Time to make some.

There were a couple of times that Geoffrey jumped on my lap, last night. I was so happy.. but ended up with leg cramps!! But so nice to feel his warm, purring, on top of me. Of course, he ran out of dry food.. so he needed more-- but such a sweet boy. He keeps getting sweeter.. Yes, he has his moments. He is tired of being pilled. So it is a fight now. He gets the water all over him, and is spitting out the capsules. He never did this before. I cannot blame him.

I think the S boulardi kicked in. I came in from Corn Hole and saw formed stools!! Hooray!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather is cooler than we remember for this time of year. Have put afghan on bed (under decorative sheet I use as bedspread so cats will not get their claws stuck when they join us at night.) Flannel shirts out of summer storage too, but not yet in use.

Did I mention that greenhouse was finally re-roofed? About 2 weeks ago. BelleWood-Gardens - Diary
Now busy moving plants in, both greenhouse to keep growing and basement to go dormant.

Himself is done splitting the ash for firewood.

That's good, because the tree guys are supposed to come late in October. There are two more dead ash, up slope in an awkward location but I think they are tall enough that if they topple they will land on the deck or possibly even the corner of the house. Best to get them down before they decide to do it on their own.

Another "wood" story for you: there was a crashing sound about 10 days / two weeks ago, when it was very windy. Couldn't spot anything. But now I know - two large sycamores snapped and lost their tops, very high off the ground. Trees somewhat punky, which is why they snapped off I expect. Will see if the tree guys can drop the - do I call them stumps when they are this tall? Diameter too large for the 18 inch chainsaw Himself uses. Just want it dropped, not more.

I'm walking well. Going up and down stairs acceptable but could use some improvement.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I've been thinking of you. Glad that you're walking OK. It takes time. Holy crap, that's a lot of wood!
artiemom artiemom :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for G

Got the WeShed cleaned inside and out yesterday. When we come back from Vermont, I'm going to clip hosta down, do the first leaf raking, etc. Then wash windows inside and out. Bring the chairs inside.
Not much going on today. Ian has reached us, but it's a bit of rain and that's it.
  • Must scoop
  • Fix my nails. I did my nails last night, full manicure as best I could do and a good polish. But I'm not so great with the polish and must repair.
  • Going to dinner tonight with friends. I feel a margarita coming on!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I had the "it's time to turn the heat on!" discussion last night. He wants to turn the heat on now, before we leave for Vermont. I want to wait until we come home, clean out the registers, and then turn it on. I really worry about fire and the like when we're not home. So far, it's not on.
  • Clean the inside of the Tucson. It's not really dirty, but it is messy.
  • A couple loads of laundry.
  • Get ready to hit the road.
ETA: Came out to the kitchen and two dinner plates of tomatoes had turned red. So I did the tomatoes up and they're cooking down as I type.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
put mail in the mailbox for monday
write letters to military ladies
make some lunch soon
play a game
try to get an order of cat toys completed for my veterinarian's office

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
online stuff ( posting on my websites that i go to )
check my mail
read my book
hopefully have company tonite
play my video game

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today;
*Up Early to take car into garage. It may take at least all day.. Not worried; no place to go. They drove me home!!
*Geoffrey meds
* had a cup of tea when I returned home.
* took apart almost all of the living room... moved furniture, organized, polished furniture, vacuumed.
Then vacuumed kitchen and bathroom.
*Put up the little Fall decorations, that I have. I ned a couple for things.. where to put them, I do not know..
* Having a Go Macro protein bar for late lunch.
* going to try the supper tonight.. let's see how it is..

I moved almost everything; except for the sofa!! and a heavy half hutch. I can move the sofa, but I forgot to!! stupid me!!
Well, tomorrow is another day. It looks so clean in here.. and smells so good. I use Method, Furniture Polish. It has almond oil; so it smells delicious.

I need to do the same with my bedroom. Except I cannot move the bedroom furniture. I can move a few items, but not all.
Under the bed, really needs to be vacuumed.. but, it is a small opening--just enough for Geoffrey to squeeze in. I cannot move the bed-- it is a very heavy with 2 drawers in front. I will just do the best I can.

Need to also clean out AC Filter, take fan apart, clean it, cover it, and place in a corner. Need to check out air purifiers also..
Getting my Fall/Winter preparations done this week---hopefully..

Tomorrow is a Zumba Class. I want to take it, if I can. I will be hurting after it.
I will do what I can. as I can.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had therapy this afternoon. I'm probably going to start decreasing my appointments to monthly because I've been doing pretty well mentally and emotionally. I got back from Trader Joe's and Petsmart about an hour ago where I got some groceries and dog food, respectively. I also filled my tires when I got home and then cleared some space in my garage for when my dad house and pet sits for me next week so he can install my kiln.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a job interview today for a job that is in my current department and my supervisor is going to be the person interviewing me. I'm kind of freaking out about it because my supervisor knows more about me than the other candidates.
If I survive the interview (;)) I plan on doing some writing tonight and finalizing my vacation itinerary.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
washed some laundry
went to goodwill to look around
check my mail
write some letters
read a book
take a little nap at some point today

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have a job interview today for a job that is in my current department and my supervisor is going to be the person interviewing me. I'm kind of freaking out about it because my supervisor knows more about me than the other candidates.
If I survive the interview (;)) I plan on doing some writing tonight and finalizing my vacation itinerary.
how was the interview, Alyssa?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

I spilled Coke on my bedding, what a hot mess. that will keep me busy .

read for a bit on the deck

I am getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow. I dread sitting in the chair that long but it hasn't been colored since Sept. 2021.
I am not having much taken offf as I need it to keep me warm, ha!!\\\\I found some amazing yoga pants so bought 3 pair, comfy, so soft on my skin.

I found these amazing, comfy yoga leisure pants . The first pair was so comfy I bought 2 more. Someone who has the same pain syndrome that I have recommended them I poted another pain in the Positive thread
1665042723485.png

Status
Not open for further replies.