Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Happy to hear that Evelyn is doing better. Those cookies sound good.

regular stuff

Have much to do as Kaylee has been exposed to COVID19. I was notified by an Email from my case manager. Jon told her he
has no one to send as a replacement. She sent it yesterday afternoon but I just read it at midnight. I can't say
I'm surprised. He told Kelley she should be back on the 21st. So I'll take it one day at a time and self isolate for 14 days.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Happy to hear that Evelyn is doing better. Those cookies sound good.

regular stuff
Have much to do as Kaylee has COVID19. I was notified by an Email from my case manager. Jon told her he
has no one to send as a replacement. She sent it yesterday afternoon but I just read it at midnight. I can't say
I'm surprised. He told Kelley she should be back on the 21st. So I'll take it one day at a time and self isolate for 14 days.
O.M.G. Well, there's a surprise, Mia6 Mia6 . *shaking my head* Thank god, she's not pregnant. How are you feeling so far??

My turn to get up with the girls and I think I could go back to bed. A rotten headache, around my eyes. But I have 2-1/2 pounds of butter in the microwave that I softened overnight that says Get Thee To The Kitchen.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • A load of towels to do today as well as a load of kitty stuff
  • Cookies today: Hershey kiss cookies, sugar cookie cut-outs, sand tarts, Danish butter cookies, and (since my new cookie stamps are supposed to be delivered today) Chai-spiced browned butter stamped cookies. I also want to throw together sugar cookie cups filled with chocolate ganache. Maybe some vanilla madelines. And then? I'm done with cookies! And, if Dear Richard continues to munch down on cookies and we run out before Christmas, not my problem. I just wish I could stay away from them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have much to do as Kaylee has been exposed to COVID19. I was notified by an Email from my case manager.
That really comes as no surprise... However, She ahs exposed you to the virus by not wearing a mask!! so Irresponsible! If I were in your position, I would let Jon know of this!! Who knows how many others she has infected!!

Please take care of yourself! Contact you doctor if you have any symptoms at all.. even mild, questionable ones... Cal needs you.. and so do the 'group''.... nevermind us!

~~~~
My turn to get up with the girls and I think I could go back to bed. A rotten headache, around my eyes.
I feel for you... I woke up with what I describe as a 'background' headache... on the verge....

Cookies today: Hershey kiss cookies, sugar cookie cut-outs, sand tarts, Danish butter cookies, and (since my new cookie stamps are supposed to be delivered today) Chai-spiced browned butter stamped cookies. I also want to throw together sugar cookie cups filled with chocolate ganache. Maybe some vanilla madelines. And then? I'm done with cookies! And, if Dear Richard continues to munch down on cookies and we run out before Christmas, not my problem. I just wish I could stay away from them.
YUM!! I am with Richard on this... love cookies... I remember my mom was the first one in my family and in the neighborhood to make the Hersheys Kiss peanut butter cookies... one of her signature cookies..
I remember helping her take the wrappings off all the bags of kisses.. She made tons of them.. One of my favorite cookies. I used to make them, but have not for many years. Never came out as good as my mom's; even using her tweaked recipe.
~~~~~~
Yesterday, I managed to grab my favorite washing machine, right after they serviced it.. Washed it down, and did my fleece things.. The rest I sent out to the laundry service.. came back this morning.
I was also able to brush Geoffrey...as long as he tolerated it.. which is not long.. it is always a fight.. but he looks so much better.

Today:
*Regular morning stuff.
*have to empty paper shredder
*Trash
*Have to pay a couple fo bills
*Definitely write out Christmas Cards... while listening to peaceful Christmas music.
Nothing else planned, at least one phone call..

Fearing going out because Covid is so rampant.

Last night a friend, who is now in Florida, called to see how I was doing. She heard of 7 people, whom we know, u here in Massachusetts, who came down with Covid in the past couple days...
The T-day surge is now in effect... sigh....

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Cookies today: Hershey kiss cookies, sugar cookie cut-outs, sand tarts, Danish butter cookies, and (since my new cookie stamps are supposed to be delivered today) Chai-spiced browned butter stamped cookies. I also want to throw together sugar cookie cups filled with chocolate ganache. Maybe some vanilla madelines
Be still my heart, oh my!!!🍪 Any word on Evelyn?

I'm sorry about your headaches, I hope they are not severe. :hugs: ♥
Thank you, Pam and artiemom artiemom , for your thoughts. Jon called me yesterday and said he thinks K will contract COVID19
because her exposure was prolonged. He asked her about how much exposure she had to me and another client
With me it was it was minimal but with her other client not so. She bathed her with no mask as client doesn't want
her to wear one.K got in rouble for that because she knows better. She called me yesterday am and she felt ok
but time will tell. K told me about the other client not Jon but he did tell me this was only the 2nd incident for the
agency.

regular stuff

Still haven't been able to make the bed though I was able to put pillow cases and clean throws on. Nicole bought me a 6
pack of Panera's broccoli cheese soup. So good. The 80s called and wanted it back but I said no way!!! My gang has been
hungry. Chrissie, the little ginger wanted to come in!! He was growling and hissing, I don't get it.

I'll try to make bed and wash more throws, trying to be positive.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did you ever have days when nothing went the way you wanted it to? Woke up yesterday, still with the headache, but decided to bake cookies. Got everything out and couldn't find my couplers (from my Wilton set) to do the piping for the Danish butter cookies. I have two.....where are they? Spent an hour and nope. OK, where are my plastic cookie stamps? Just bought them at Michael's last year. Darned if I know. Fine, I'd start with the Hershey kiss cookies. Done. Time for the sugar cookies. Got the last pan of sugar cookies out of the oven, tripped over Muffin, and the Eagles cookie I made for Rick hit the floor. Of course, Muffin tried to eat it and the cookie was hot. She took off. I tried to keep the other cookies from falling and burned my right hand and arm. At that point? I finished the sand tart dough, wrapped the discs in plastic wrap, stuck them in the fridge, and cleaned everything up. I gave up. Muffin is fine, BTW.

I did find my couplers and my cookie stamps, so I may try again today. Still have the headache, but the butter is in the microwave, so I might as well have another go. The stamps that I ordered from King Arthur were supposed to come in yesterday; now they're saying today.

Evelyn is pretty good today. Rick could understand her, she doesn't seem out of breath and her fever has gone down. She wants back in her old room, but that's going to take a while, til they can deep clean things. The entire facility has Covid now, so they have their hands full. But she seems to be doing OK. She was talking to Rick about PE Biden and the whole Trump circus.

It's snowing like crazy. We're staying home today (like every other day), so no worries. I don't expect the snow to lay much.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Going to (try to) bake cookies today. Should be pretty, working in the kitchen with the falling snow.
  • I need to water the plants in the shed. I don't know if I mentioned this, but Evelyn had an Easter lily that finally died off. Well, she gave it to me to take care of for her, and it's back and growing like crazy. I had put it in the basement and several weeks ago, we noticed new growth. Took it out to shed and it's doing very well! I don't know if it will bloom again, but it's got lots of green in the pot. If it does look like it's going to bloom, and if things calm down at the nursing home, I can give it back to her so she can enjoy the flowers.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , One of those days, yeah? The cookies sound amazing, I could really go for the peanut
butter Hershey kisses. That is so cool about the lily. I bet Evelyn would love to have it again. What a
fighter she i!. I have a smile on my face thinking of her talking with Rick about Biden and Trump. Will
you and Muffin have some shed ime?

I hope your head ache goes away entirely. :hugs: ♥

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
getting over a bad headache , took some extra strength tylenol
getting all my stuff online caught up and done
might have breakfast in a minute

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester :alright: Sounds as if you had a very bad day, yesterday... When things start, it is just one thing after another..:hugs:

Glad Evelyn sounds improved ... I bet she would love to see the lily..

Hope today turns out much better for you!

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
took a third dose of tylenol for the stupid headache
got online even though i wasnt going to
listening to the mini series Heroes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling, covid-wise? Anything? You OK?

I am human this morning. Woke up without a headache, only a wee bit of a twinge here and there. I am glad; three days of that was more than enough. It's amazing how much better I feel this morning, simply because the headache is gone. Life is good.
Rick told me yesterday that I was not baking cookies; the butter could keep, the cookies could keep. We went out to the shed and (finally!) watched five episodes of The Mandalorian. For one of them, I had to curl up on the couch with my back to the tv; I couldn't watch it bc my head was really bad, but I listened to it. Came back into the house, became physically ill in the bathroom, and hit the bed. And that was that. Today is another day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here enjoying my coffee.
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • As God is my witness, I am getting those blasted cookies made today! You heard/read it here!
I give up on King Arthur. My stamps were supposed to be here on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday. Now, they're somewhere in West Virginia and there's no pending delivery date. Guess I'll get them when I get them.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
*regular morning things
*a couple fo phone calls
*gave my friend part of her Christmas gift, because she was having a very bad day..
*Noticed tire pressure was low----had to get air in the tires.. good thing I went out. It was cold.
It seems each time the temps drop, considerably, the tire pressure goes low. I know about cold air having lower pressure--but jeesh.... Tures are only 2 year old.

Today:
*set alarm for 4:30am
*heard Geoffie hacking a fur ball at around 3am... ugh... I was so tired.. I let it be. I did not get up.. as long as it was not on the bed, I did not care....
*Got up at 4:30, could not go back to sleep.. Searched around, with all lights on, but I could not find either spot... ugh...
Found a fur ball in living room.....but that seemed to be something I had stepped on.... and took in... sigh.. The carpet blends in with his fur color...
* Coffee and breakfast--roll with butter
*Out the door at 6AM... senior hours at grocery store
*Home, with things put away.. settled down by 7;23am...

I was going to go to Walgreens... but too physically tired, and feeling wiped out, to do so... allergies are bad.. I do not know why....
It will have to wait until tomorrow.
I did double mask while in the grocery store.. Hard to breathe, I was hot... not running, sneezing, teary eyed.. I had to tell the cashier and bagger that I was not sick---everyone thinks Covid.. That it was early, allergies, double masked, hot, just rolled out of bed, no shower... Felt gross..

Back home.. just sipping water and being on line... will take a nap soon, and then shower.. I did not even fold up paper grocery bags,,, they are all over the floor....

Oh, Found the other fur ball on the side of my bed!!!! When I came home! I do not know where it originated from.. I sprayed some Microban on the carpet... but will go sniffing, later in the day......

Not feeling like doing rest of day..

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Sounds like you're having one of those days. Rest, maybe a warm bath?
strider rose strider rose
Winchester Winchester
I hope those beastly headaches stay away!!! :hugs: ♥

How are you feeling, covid-wise? Anything? You OK?
I'm fine COVID019 wise. Kaylee and I have little physical contact. She started here the week before Lockdown. I was fearful of the virus back in February. I had an appt at the pain clinic, before social distancing, but I wore a mask and thin purple gloves, winter type but I wasn't taking any chances. When she started I decided to not have her assist me in getting up afer a bath. Showers are fine but getting up from the tub is difficult but I love my baths.

regular stuff

wash some darks but not the duvet

I finally got my bed made yesterday!! I started washing bedding on Saturday, ha!! I'll tackle the dishes at some point in time.
I had take out yesterday. Spinach Fromaggiao dip with flatbread for dipping, very tasty. Also wings in a sweet Asian chili sauce.
I ate 6 and I have 4 left and a lot of dip.They were the best wings I ever had. Kaylee buys frozen wings at Walmart but I'm not
sure how she prepares them.

Nicole shopped for me yesterday, just a few things. She hates grocery shopping, Larry usually does all of it unless they go to Sam's.
I got a case of canned food for the outside clan, Italian bread, southern fried chicken breast from the deli, mini 7-Ups, Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, and Chapstick. I haven't that in a long time....usually get Burt's Bees but the Chopstick felt so soothing and reminded me of being a kid.

So the darks are done and in the dryer. I decided to wash the blankets in the cat bed. I put fresh ones in. It's in the 40s and I've seen the gang sunbathing, so sweet.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Sounds like you're having one of those days. Rest, maybe a warm bath?
strider rose strider rose
Winchester Winchester
I hope those beastly headaches stay away!!! :hugs: ♥

I'm fine COVID019 wise. Kaylee and I have little physical contact. She started here the week before Lockdown. I was fearful of the virus back in February. I had an appt at the pain clinic, before social distancing, but I wore a mask and thin purple gloves, winter type but I wasn't taking any chances. When she started I decided to not have her assist me in getting up afer a bath. Showers are fine but getting up from the tub is difficult but I love my baths.

regular stuff

wash some darks but not the duvet

I finally got my bed made yesterday!! I started washing bedding on Saturday, ha!! I'll tackle the dishes at some point in time.
I had take out yesterday. Spinach Fromaggiao dip with flatbread for dipping, very tasty. Also wings in a sweet Asian chili sauce.
I ate 6 and I have 4 left and a lot of dip.They were the best wings I ever had. Kaylee buys frozen wings at Walmart but I'm not
sure how she prepares them.

Nicole shopped for me yesterday, just a few things. She hates grocery shopping, Larry usually does all of it unless they go to Sam's.
I got a case of canned food for the outside clan, Italian bread, southern fried chicken breast from the deli, mini 7-Ups, Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, and Chapstick. I haven't that in a long time....usually get Burt's Bees but the Chopstick felt so soothing and reminded me of being a kid.

So the darks are done and in the dryer. I decided to wash the blankets in the cat bed. I put fresh ones in. It's in the 40s and I've seen the gang sunbathing, so sweet.
im better today Mia, i took another dose of tylenol extra strength last night , ate and then went back to bed.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
well since i took the day off cause i was not feeling well i try again today lol
listening to my music while i get caught up online
mail some more christmas cards ( maybe)
try to make some cat toys later

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To Wal-mart and Shoprite for this and that, not many items at either store but the other Wal-Mart in a different town Did Not have distilled water. And now that we have an ultrasonic humidifier in our bedroom that runs every night while we sleep, and another in the great room that runs when the wood stove is going - well, as you can guess we're using a fair amount of distilled water.

Before I left home I mixed up the batter for chocolate chip cookies, portioned and refrigerated it. They were baked just a little while ago.

Intermittent helper here soon after lunch. We refilled the big wood rack in the basement from outside wood storage. Then he raked leaves off path into the woods - all of yesterday's snow had melted so it was do-able.

Intend to prepare batter / dough for springerle and cardamom almond cookies this evening, to bake tomorrow.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Grocery store
Clean litter boxes
Pick up dinner

Typical Friday routine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.