Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

will wash bedding today

Winchester Winchester I'm hoping for good news about Evelyn.💖

I think Bob is right. Kaylee told me that Walmart was not requiring customers to wear masks and Giant Eagle as well.
Kaylee is not wearing one either. I stay away from her as much as possible but it's hard. I'm making my bed today
or tomorrow. I will use a flat sheet instead of a fitted one as I just can't make it properly.

Try to stay positive as read as little as possible about COVID> I just need a break.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash bedding and towels

Clean the bathrooms

Pick up dinner

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

will wash bedding today

Winchester Winchester I'm hoping for good news about Evelyn.💖

I think Bob is right. Kaylee told me that Walmart was not requiring customers to wear masks and Giant Eagle as well.
Kaylee is not wearing one either. I stay away from her as much as possible but it's hard. I'm making my bed today
or tomorrow. I will use a flat sheet instead of a fitted one as I just can't make it properly.

Try to stay positive as read as little as possible about COVID> I just need a break.
I find that incredibly irresponsible!

If Kaylee is coming into YOUR house, you hav ether RIGHT to INSIST, even to the point of demanding that she WEAR a MASK... the entire time she is there. She is a healthcare worker--- who knows where an what she has been doing.... She should not give you any flack about it.

If she refuses, I would honestly, call the office and complain. I know you are really depending on her for help, but this type of help is not what you need. You are a physically vulnerable person.

Look at it this way:
She is pregnant, and will shortly be leaving work for pregnancy and the future. Now is the time to get a new person in there...so you can train them.

Ugh, gets me so mad..
~~~
Yesterday:
I had set my alarm for a 5am wake up; in order to kit the grocery store early
*Up at 4am... so stayed up
*Ran to Grocery store.. waited in line for 6am opening--no shower.. Funny, I was behind a friend while we were waiting in line for opening.
*Then to Walgreens, Gas Station
*Home, putting groceries away
* Out to Deli/produce store---- had to wait for 8am opening
home by 8:30am....
*made a cup of decaf coffee and had a nice fresh bakery roll with butter.
*Very late shower and regular daily stuff
*Took a nap
*phone calls.
*Supper was a ham and cheese sandwich.. nice and fresh...

Today:
For me, a lazy day:
* regular morning stuff
*cleaning out and dumping the Litter Genie
*Cleaning Keurig & Brita pitcher; installing new filters.
* not much else.. a couple of orders, on line.

I have been ordering so many things on line.. It does not end.
Now with Covid the way it is... I am going to be staying home even more. That means less trips to grocery store. I will be, if possible--depending on Covid.. visiting the smaller stores: The Deli/produce store, Walgreens, Rite Aid.. I will limit my grocery trips considerably.. perhaps even return to Instacart. ugh... But, it is there for me, as an option.

I may even use the building's store.. they are expanding the selections.. many items are not what I use. In a pinch, it will do.. They are also branching out into some food for the kitchen: breakfast sandwiches, pizza slices, some sandwiches, some small tubs of tuna, chicken, egg salad... so... it is there..

Lazy day...

We are also getting snow... ugh... Rain right now, but it will change over to snow, later today.. ending during the night.. expecting up to 3 inches, here...

Winchester Winchester how are you guys doing? any news? ((hugs))

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick's sister called into the nursing home and was finally able to talk to somebody. Yes, she is positive. She has been moved to another room on another floor "for the time being". But they didn't take her phone charger, so once her phone dies, we can no longer call her. The good news is that she's doing OK, she gets up every day, bathes and dresses. She can only sit in her wheelchair bc they didn't bring her good chair to the new room. She is watching tv because that's pretty much all she has to do. She is dealing. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts.

artiemom artiemom I know what you mean about ordering online. I've been doing the same thing.
Mia6 Mia6 Kaylee is your employee. Make her wear a damn mask when she is in your home!!! Please!

We did grab groceries early yesterday morning, went to Verizon and got my iPhone working. I could have done it myself, but I can't put the screen protectors on, not without a lot of hassle. Rick said just to go to V and let them deal with it. I like it. I really do like it. Went into the candy store, so I could buy chocolate-covered pretzels for Rick's stocking. There are only two places where we can find teaberry candies for cookie-decorating; both are run by the Amish (who don't wear masks). On our way up to the one store, I suddenly turned around and started back home. Looked at Rick and said, "You know, I'm not going to put us in that situation, just to buy damn cookie sprinkles, Rick. No masks? No!" And he agreed. The V store and the candy store in town both have somebody outside, counting customers. Masks are required. At the candy store, I had to sanitize my hands before even browsing.
  • I have butter out to make the dough for some cookies, although not sure what I'm making. And that makes a whole lot of sense, I know! Tis what tis.
  • My turn to scoop today.
  • I want to take some holiday pictures this afternoon, of the house and of the shed.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember that I mentioned Himself's hands are always cold? I did buy a 10-pack of hand warmers at Wal-Mart. But they are a use once and discard. Which is going to get expensive, if you factor in that winter is just beginning.

TL/DR Made a dried corn hand warmer from the foot part of a sock, plus he can use the ribbed cuff as a wrist warmer.

Now for the long version: Many, many years ago when we lived in Connecticut I took the train to NYC to meet my father. We had lunch in Die Blaue Danau. There was an elderly lady (perhaps the age I am now?) at a nearby table. She was wearing a short sleeved black dress and had black wristlets. I asked my father about them. He said elderly people often have poor circulation so their hands get cold. If you keep the blood vessels close to the skin at your wrist covered your hands stay warmer.

I took an old sock that had lost its mate and cut the cuff off. Himself slipped it over his right wrist. Yes indeed, it keeps his hand somewhat warmer.

But then I had a genius inspiration. Last year I made a dried corn heat pack that could be heated again and again in the microwave. Yesterday I took the cut off foot piece of the sock and did the same thing - dried corn, stitch up opening. One minute and it warms very well. Update: It stays warm for about 15 minutes which Himself says is quite helpful.

It absolutely poured last night and today is completely overcast. Where is the sunshine that was in the forecast? Today I need to fill the bird feeders. The first of two loads of laundry is swishing around in the clothes washer.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember that I mentioned Himself's hands are always cold? I did buy a 10-pack of hand warmers at Wal-Mart. But they are a use once and discard. Which is going to get expensive, if you factor in that winter is just beginning.

TL/DR Made a dried corn hand warmer from the foot part of a sock, plus he can use the ribbed cuff as a wrist warmer.

Now for the long version: Many, many years ago when we lived in Connecticut I took the train to NYC to meet my father. We had lunch in Die Blaue Danau. There was an elderly lady (perhaps the age I am now?) at a nearby table. She was wearing a short sleeved black dress and had black wristlets. I asked my father about them. He said elderly people often have poor circulation so their hands get cold. If you keep the blood vessels close to the skin at your wrist covered your hands stay warmer.

I took an old sock that had lost its mate and cut the cuff off. Himself slipped it over his right wrist. Yes indeed, it keeps his hand somewhat warmer.

But then I had a genius inspiration. Last year I made a dried corn heat pack that could be heated again and again in the microwave. Yesterday I took the cut off foot piece of the sock and did the same thing - dried corn, stitch up opening. One minute and it warms very well. Update: It stays warm for about 15 minutes which Himself says is quite helpful.

It absolutely poured last night and today is completely overcast. Where is the sunshine that was in the forecast? Today I need to fill the bird feeders. The first of two loads of laundry is swishing around in the clothes washer.
Cold extremities usually means a circulation problem. Blood isn't getting to the hands and feet to regulate the temp.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault After an elderly woman was recovering from breast cancer, we'd always see her wearing wristlets. I assumed her hands and arms were cold. We were in a planning meeting one time and she was talking to me about it after I saw her rubbing her hands. She said that she was having trouble keeping her arms warm and that the wristlets were a "Godsend". You came up with an excellent method for keeping Himself warm!
  • Up with the girls this morning, breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Need to scoop boxes. When Rick gets up, he'll strip the bed and I'll put fresh sheets down.
  • While Rick is bowling, I'm going to spend the afternoon in the kitchen. I never did get that cookie dough made last week, so I made chocolate chip, white chip and macadamia nut, and peanut butter yesterday. They're in the fridge and I'll bake them today. I can crank up the music and have a good time. Get the drop cookies done, then I can start concentrating on rolled cookies. I ordered cookie stamps from King Arthur and just got word that they were shipped. I'm excited to try them.
  • Our Disney+ bundle will end in a week. We're going to ditch the bundle and just go with Hulu and I'm going to add Netflix to the mix. See how that works out. Rick really likes Hulu and doesn't want to give it up. I'd like to try Netflix.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
had me an iced coffee to wake up
called my mom to let her know that i will mail her cat toys wednesday morning
listening to my music while posting on TCS

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault After an elderly woman was recovering from breast cancer, we'd always see her wearing wristlets. I assumed her hands and arms were cold. We were in a planning meeting one time and she was talking to me about it after I saw her rubbing her hands. She said that she was having trouble keeping her arms warm and that the wristlets were a "Godsend". You came up with an excellent method for keeping Himself warm!
  • Up with the girls this morning, breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Need to scoop boxes. When Rick gets up, he'll strip the bed and I'll put fresh sheets down.
  • While Rick is bowling, I'm going to spend the afternoon in the kitchen. I never did get that cookie dough made last week, so I made chocolate chip, white chip and macadamia nut, and peanut butter yesterday. They're in the fridge and I'll bake them today. I can crank up the music and have a good time. Get the drop cookies done, then I can start concentrating on rolled cookies. I ordered cookie stamps from King Arthur and just got word that they were shipped. I'm excited to try them.
  • Our Disney+ bundle will end in a week. We're going to ditch the bundle and just go with Hulu and I'm going to add Netflix to the mix. See how that works out. Rick really likes Hulu and doesn't want to give it up. I'd like to try Netflix.
Have to try the wristlet idea! I have Raynauds, which causes my fingers and toes to be so cold.

I watch Netflix in spurts; same with CBS All Access. There are some good series on Netflix.
If you can, watch Virgin River. It is on it's second season. It is just a good story. Not gory, scary, supernatural.. just a nice story. It was a slow starter.. but since the lockdowns, it gained momentum and is one of their better series. I like to binge watch series; not wait weekly for episodes.

CBS All Access is for my Star Trek Fix... Watching Voyager from the beginning. I will eventually binge Discovery, when the current series is complete...

I know you have a FireStick.. Does Rick watch Jack Ryan? I saw the first season.. but not the second.

Still sending prayers for MIL....

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far...
One load in the washer and one in the dryer. One load left to wash and dry.

Bedroom and living room has been dusted. Need to vacuum the house once youngest wakes up.

Kitchen counters have been wiped. Dishwasher has been emptied and breakfast dishes have been loaded.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
*regular morning stuff...
* strip bed, put on clean sheets
*get dirty laundry ready for pick-up tomorrow
* maybe start writing out Christmas Cards
*nothing else scheduled.
of course, Listening to Christmas Music.. need to pull out my CDs

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
took a nap with my cat stardust
listening to my mp3 player while posting
wishing i had a soda for my dry throat

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Winchester Winchester I forgot the news. Kaylee is not pregnant. I don't understand it, she had all
the symptoms. Finally went to doc a blood test, negative, Is there such a thing as wanting a baby so
so much that the body resounds to your needs? In the meantime she got engaged to an ex. They were
only back together 2 weeks and they got engaged.Now they are not engaged, Can't take the drama, ha!!

regular stuff

finished washing bedding, Kaylee will go to store

ZOOM apt with pain management

Winchester Winchester Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Evelyn and all of you ♥ :hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom artiemom artiemom Winchester Winchester Winchester Winchester I forgot the news. Kaylee is not pregnant. I don't understand it, she had all
the symptoms. Finally went to doc a blood test, negative, Is there such a thing as wanting a baby so
so much that the body resounds to your needs? In the meantime she got engaged to an ex. They were
only back together 2 weeks and they got engaged.Now they are not engaged, Can't take the drama, ha!!
Yes, there IS such a disease..called, oh my--forget spelling: pseudocyesis..It is called a false pregnancy. It is rare... not common at all. The woman has all the symptoms of pregnancy; yet is not.. It is not only psychological, it is physical, also... Only goes to show you what the mind can really do to your body. It mimics pregnancy.
Or
She could have been pregnant, very early, and lost it, without knowing.. just some bleeding...
~~~~~~~~
This is not the issue: the issue with Kaylee is that she is unreliable, lazy at times, and refuses to MASK! This is putting your life in jeopardy. Demand it.. and gloves, at all times!
~~~~~~~~~
now for me"
*Got up late--it wa a late night, watching Dolly Pardon and 2 episodes of NCIS-LA...I was so comfortable in bed. I slept well. I did not want to get up. Geoffrey was after me to get up.. so I had to..
*Regular morning stuff
*Start my car--run it for a while.
*Write out a bill
*Subscribe to the local newspaper, for delivery. Sometimes I forget to pick it up. It is only 50 Cents, weekly... nothing much for news, but it is local stuff. I have been meaning to do this for a while.
*Begin Christmas cards
**** eventually, this week, I am going to go through my recipes.. to see if I can make something this upcoming week-end. That is before Covid gets to the point that I am not even going out..

Listen to Christmas CDs...
I swear I have 50 Christmas CDs. I absolutely love Christmas Music. I pulled some out yesterday, and just listened to them~~my favorites. Classic Christmas music--oldies, Country Christmas, some easy listening--piano Christmas music, and some really beautiful CDs from my Polish heritage. I cannot understand the words, but I love listening to the traditional Polish Heritage Christmas Songs. Some are hundreds of years old.. I love the melodies... Think I play those, today.
Every year, I used to buy at least one new Christmas CD.
~~~~
Winchester Winchester , Still keeping Evelyn in my prayers, and your family....((hugs))

Still think you should call the Health department and the State House. They should be right on top of this. Maybe Rick's sister can or has been trying... this is ridiculous... The National Guard came in when it happened in Massachusetts, to a couple of nursing homes, one was a Veterans Long Term Hospital. Our Governor was furious, beyond words. He put the Lieutenant Governor in charge.
~~~~
It is 28 degrees at 9am... brrrrr... up to only 31 degrees today... Wind chill is 21 degrees... brrrrrrr
Winter is here for a few days..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! We have heard nothing new, other than the aides finally gave her the phone charger. She was happy about that bc now, without the Kindle, it's the only thing she has, other than the tv. This home has a sister home in a neighboring borough and the National Guard did step in that time. This time, we do think they're trying to stay on top of it, but man, it's hard. 81 residents now positive (they have 102 residents total right now) with another 21 results pending; that's the entire nursing home. 50+ staff positive. I think I mentioned that Rick's sister did reach one of the aides who's taking care of Rick's mom. She was the one who told her that she definitely tested positive. She also gave J her cell phone number (although she's not supposed to do it), so we could call with questions and such. We have promised not to take advantage. As long as Rick's mom is able to talk OK on the phone, we'll be fine. And she is doing OK. She says she's on Tylenol only, for the fever, which is no longer a threat, at least for now. Rick can tell she gets out of breath easily, so when he calls he doesn't keep her on the phone long. Thanks for thinking of her. :hugs:
  • A bit of a headache this morning. I think it's from being on the iPad for so long last night. I need to stop that as I think that's a cause of some of these headaches. Took me a while to figure that out. I'm sitting back here drinking my coffee. Rick took care of the girls.
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Make the dough for Hershey's kiss cookies and throw it in the fridge for tomorrow. And get butter out for tomorrow morning.
  • A good vacuum and swiffering about the house

Status
Not open for further replies.