Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

did a small load of darks, no more today, only dishes as I am spent. I had wings delivered
last night and a large Caesar's salad. Have half the wings left and the entire salad, so I'm good.
Nicole and bil don't want to go shopping for me but they said they will, grudgingly.

Winchester Winchester How about some pics of Muffin in her blankie?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I thought about pictures of Muffin all bundled up, but then, well, you'd get me, too! She really is a happy little girl when we're outside.
Another very restless night. The last time I looked at the clock, it was around 3:30. I finally did fall asleep, but Miss Amber had me up bright and early this morning. PennDOT came by, salting the road around 2:00. We are to get a bit of snow/glaze later on this morning. I guess it's the precursor to the "shovel and plowable" storm heading our way on Wednesday.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • I'm taking the Tucson down to the gas station to get gas; that's probably the first time in, oh, about two months or so. Clarence could use some gas, too.
  • Not quite halfway through Season 7 of the X-Files

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday: Very late going.. I have a friend who is always, I mean always calling me.. I know she has anxiety, lost her sister to Covid and her husband has a rare form of dementia.
but, it is really getting to me. I try to be supportive, but I need to support myself, also. She needs social contact and is a shopaholic.. needing stores... I am not.. so.....
*Phone cll at 10:30am... ugh
*late start to morning stuff
*Brushed Geoffrey
*swept floors, kitchen and bathroom with Swiffer, then vacuumed it up; then used the Wet Swiffer on it.
*Picked up bathroom
*Vacuumed Bedroom and living room
*Wrote out Christmas Cards, containing Gift Cards
*Wrapped the Christmas Gifts I have... forgot one... remembered it last night.
*Dumped trash, twice... my own, and then the Christmas junk.
Was done by 2:30 pm..... tired.
*Watched an old movie last night

Today...
* will get going early...
*Regular morning stuff
*deliver gifts to a friend and her husband, and dog
*nothing else planned....

Have to be out before noon... that is when the weather is going to change to rain and then a mix....
~~~~~~~
Stormy week... Winchester Winchester , we are getting your storm on Wed night into Thursday, all day...
Another one on the Week-end..

Glad I am stocked up for stuff... I could use some more maple syrup for my oatmeal.. and will need some grapes, this week... oh well.. one day at a time... that is all I have to say...
~~~~~~~
I could not fall asleep last night.. this is getting bad.. I went to bed at 10pm.. up at 10:45pm...wide awake.. Geoffrey wanted to play!! He had the zoomies, batting toys all over the place.

Ended up watching an old movie, "It happened One Night" on Peacock... Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray.... it was good. Finally went to bed at 1pm... up at 6:30 with alarm.. dozed for another hour...

Trying 1/2 a Lipitor... not sure it is working.. I seem to be so wide awake once I get to bed...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about pictures of Muffin all bundled up, but then, well, you'd get me, too! She really is a happy little girl when we're outside.
Nothing wrong with getting pics of you. She's sounds so adorable in her blankie being carried around like a baby.
artiemom artiemom Sorry about that pesky Lipitor. Wonder if the side effects will quell

moving slowly today, regular stuff

wash dishes, have started them, attempt to tidy up

put paper towels and toilet paper away. running out of space. B.I.L.he got me a 6 pack roll of paper towels.
I had just opened my last 2 rolls of Bounty double size, so I have enough for a long time.

Going to be cold today, burrrr......

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Laundry

Water the tree (Normally I do it in the morning but today, I spent chasing Boone and Gracie out from under the tree too many times before I needed to leave for work).

gothceltgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cleaned my BFF's bathroom, did laundry, & vacuumed my room, as well as the hallway outside of it. I usually do all that on Sun. But her daughter's nap was too late & I have a timer for energy inside me regardless of chemical stimulants & I began to wind down & had to continue Sunday fun day to today. It's getting increasingly more difficult to deal with Sundays around here though. It's too long a story atm.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Put in leave slip for tomorrow just in case of snow

Finish last load of laundry (no idea why I got so behind)

Water tree

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing throws, pillow cases, dishes

Cloudy gray day here and very cold. My nephew from NC. will arrive around 4pm.
Try to straighten this place up, dishes.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Start cleaning for grandson's visit, noticed cats have been sleeping on his bed upstairs, hair everywhere!
Shovel snow off of steps and front of porch, got a few inches last night, more coming.
Find extension cord and make another cat bed in the garage, long-haired white cat was spotted going in there, don't think the other two will share.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We went down to the grocery store first thing this morning. The Tucson needed gas and I wanted to fill the tank before snow hits tomorrow. And I wasn't giving up that Free Ham certificate. No way. I have a nice (and free) 8-pound spiral ham in the freezer now.
  • I texted Bob yesterday and told him that if he comes here at some point today, I'll give him some roasted peanuts and some cookies to munch on tomorrow while the snow is flying. He's coming in during lunch. He never comes into the house and we all three wear masks outside. (FWIW, I was texting with my son last night. He said we're forecast for 14-20 inches(!!) of the white stuff. Told me I should have put a bathroom in the she shed; I just said that if I have to pee badly enough, I'll find my way to the house! Even in the snow)
  • I have the first of three loads of laundry in the washer.
  • Muffin is telling me that she needs to go out for a walk. Now!
And that will be pretty much it for today, I think.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
* up early
* regular morning stuff done.
* gave a couple of gift cards
*Waiting for delivery of 2 kitchen chairs... One chair leg got caught on the rug, as I was turning to get up. I fell over, almost hit my head on AC unit.. got a couple of really bad bruises... The leg of the chair was caught so bad, and my weight is so heavy.. the angle of all, caused all my weight to buckle the joint of the chair.

I could have tried to get it fixed.. but at the joint.. I do not know how secure it would be.
So I ordered a new chair, and while I was at it, I ordered another one.. This will mean I will now have 4 chairs to go with my table. I only had 3---one I used at the desk..

They are scheduled to arrive between 11-3... I say they will come at 3pm... on the way back to the store...

I had to wait a month for the order!! Not on display in store...Because of Covid, they are charging an extra $75 to deliver into my apartment!! NO way... I said to drop them off downstairs, I will carry them up... only kitchen chairs... stupidity..

* trying to keep myself busy... but not much to do... going to building store to pick up some bread or english muffins. We are getting a huge Blizzard Wednesday night into Thursday. I do not think the kitchen staff will be able to come in... They will probably serve sandwiches.. they have in past years..
At least that is what I have been told..

Not going out. I have a good parking spot in the lot. I can remote start my car from up here.. just walk to window. I do not want to lose it..

Gotta go.. store is opening...

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
well i went and did my laundry this morning then came home and went back to bed
tonite i will be getting caught up online
write some letters , sort out my christmas cards to mail, and try to make some cat toys to get the orders list down

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Winchester Winchester Sounds like you are both going to get hit badly. We're expecting up to 3 inches.
14-20inches, blizzard, yikes!!

haven't done much yet. I tweaked my lower back, actually feels like my butt. I think it is from putting rubbish in the bin but
it's woken me up at around 10pm or so 2 nights in a row so I get up for a few hours then go back to sleep. My helper has
COVID19. I will not allow her to come back till she tests negative. The hospital did not prescribe anything other than tell her
to take large doses of Vitamin C and eat oranges. She has severe body aches that Advil doesn't help. That is her only symptom.
She called me yesterday and said Jon was going to call me but he didn't and I'm wondering if it's because of HIIPA I'm calling
him this morning.

Snow is supposed to start around 11am. Very cold now, in the 20s.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ok, here you go. Usually Muffin is wrapped rather tightly when it's really cold. Yesterday, it was nicer with just a light breeze. It's gotten to where she starts yelling. I get the pink blankie, throw on my sandals, and start down the steps. She meets me at the front door. And out we go! She purrs the entire time we're out and those front paws knead the whole time. She and I will talk a bit, she'll chatter at the birds, and she likes to investigate branches and pine needles. We walk around our property once and then go back into the house. She hops out of the blankie, and runs over to tell Rick about everything she's seen. (Rick put a suet feeder outside the shed window at the southern end where the couch is. I'm hoping that, when Muffin is in the shed with us, she'll lie on top of the couch and watch the birds.)

I wonder what the neighbors think when Muffin and I are out walking? Or what people think when they drive by and see us walking about? "There's that crazy cat woman again!"
MuffinBlankieOne.jpg

MuffinBlankieTwo.jpg

I finally got around to putting my iPhone's Mac address into the router in the she shed yesterday. I also put the Mac address to the iPad Air in while I had the router open. Microsoft is such a pain in the butt; I really don't like having to deal with them. Forgot my Microsoft password and......oy, the hassle. Actually I didn't forget it; I knew it, but Microsoft said it wasn't correct. I knew it was, but had to play the game. I don't like Microsoft. Anyway, got the Mac addresses in the router system and both the iPhone and the iPad Air are good to go. (I had my iPad Air several years ago, way before the she shed was built. When I got the new iPad, I put the Air away, but got it back out. Couldn't access the internet in the shed. So while I did the iPhone, I figured I might as well do the Air, too.)

Today, we're just hunkering down. Rick got the snow shovel and his boots out. Checked with our neighbor to ensure he would plow us out. Snow is supposed to start here around 1:00 or so. We are so glad we don't have to drive home from work in the storm; usually by the time I head for home at 4:00, the roads are horrible and our driveway is a real mess. Yay for being retired! My ex co-workers are all working from home until the middle of January, so they'll be safe, too.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • We're going to take the recycling down to the center and then stop at the post office to mail cards and checks down to the kids. I'm also buying Disney+ for them again this year; I already did that, so they're good.
  • My sister is coming over this morning to grab some cookies and peanuts.
  • I'd like to hit the she shed this afternoon for some tv watching, but.......snow!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester OMG.. Muffin looks so cute.. She could be related to Artie and Geoffrey! She looks so sweet.. I must admit that I have a huge soft spot for Orange/Buff Tabbies..

I remember when I took Artie out on the balcony . He loved it, for a couple fo years.. He used to beg at the door to go out.
If you are wondering what the neighbors think of you walking with Muffin; think of this story.
When I was younger, first job, living at home; we had Pumpkin... yes, an orange tabby. Not a cuddler at all. She would constantly try tor un out of the house! So many times we had to go out looking for her, calling her name.

Finally, my mom and I thought of getting her a collar (harnesses were not around for cats or dogs). My mom, got a large length of clothesline rope. We attached it to the collar..
Pumpkin was ready to go out!

When my mom or dad were outside, working on the lawn, garden, etc. Pumpkin had her 'spot'. She was attached to the chain link fence in the back; length of line was the length of our property. There was a Willow Tree with a large flat rock on the border of the property. That rock was "her" spot...
Always..
She absolutely loved it! Pumpkin would even try, successfully, to open the door and run out... My dad had to install a small deadbolt up above her reach, on both doors, so she could not get out!!!

When I came home, I would take her out on a regular leash.. We would walk around the house.. sometimes down a few houses.. You should have heard the comments from neighbors and passing cars!! Some stopped and looked at us.. Pumpkin running ahead, me trying to keep up!!!

Your time with Muffin, reminds me of my times with Pumpkin.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, we are getting slammed with a Huge Nor'easter.... 10-15 inches... at least that was last nights prediction. Have not focused on today's prediction.. I do not then they want to panic us because we are already panicked from Covid.. The grocery stores will be overrun today! I cannot imagine.. With the Covid precautions, etc.. it will be a madhouse ... going out anywhere today..

STaying put.. just string my car.. checking it out..

So sorry about your back.. please try to rest, take it easy...
Strange that the hospital is prescribing Vitamin C.. I know Vitamin D has been prescribed. And Kaylie is taking Advil? From all the accounts I have heard and seen, Advil or ay ibuprofen is NOT prescribed for Covid; due the the clotting issues...

I hate to say this, but are you 100% certain Kaylie DOES have Covid? Her treatment sound not so right to me.... Not that I am a doctor.. but.......

I just do not trust her.... Please call Jon about getting you another helper.. You desperately need one..
This entire situation with Kaylie is just not right.. just my gut feeling from what you have been describing for months...
~~~~~~
Anyway... another easy day..
*Regular morning stuff.
*Have to check my car out... has not moved or 4 days... I am going batty, staying home.. but, I have a good parking spot in the lot, I do not need anything.. Covid is running rampant around here. It is freezing cold.. 19 degrees...
* Have to definitely give Eric his Christmas Gift.. last one for in here.. just need to give my friend hers.. She is kind fo strange.. Will not come anywhere near this building, as if we were in deep quarantine.. so strange.. so afraid... I have to stand outside when I go over there.. so it is not going to happen until the week-end.. just a drop off.
*Should clean filters in both my air purifier and the AC/Heat unit.

Nothing else.. May order a pizza for supper.. My usual pre-Nor'easter supper. Snow starts tonight around 8 pm...

Winchester Winchester Before I go, and forget to ask:
How is Evelyn doing? You have not mentioned anything for a couple of days...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh my, she is adorable!!!! :hugs: ♥
artiemom artiemom She is taking Advil on her own. She was not prescribed it.
Because of her having O Positive blood he said she probably will not have a bad case of it.

Both of you take care in the storm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.