Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope things are better for you today?
strider rose strider rose Glad headache is gone. Have you ever tried Advil gel caps?
I rarely get headaches but it is the only med that blasts them
Winchester Winchester How are you any word on Evelyn? Did you make your cookies?

regular stuff

I plan on only doing the dishes today. Somehow I ended up washing all the throws I have outside
for the gang, 4, and 2 in the bed, and 1 over the bed I guess it's been too hot in the bed for
them because I haven't seen anyone use it. Roberto was sleeping on the wicker chair this morning.
I miss Kaylee. This self isolating is rough. I hope she's ok.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling? Worried about you...

Of course you miss Kaylee. She was your social interaction. and did do some work for you...

So far, I am feeling better. I do not know what it is, but yesterday was such a horrible day..
~~~~~~~~
Did not wash breakfast dishes until late evening. Prayers were not even said.. it was bad..

I get this way, occasionally... it is not good.. brain fog, fatigue, nagging small headache... craving protein.. eating junk...not sleeping well.....gaining weight... it was bad.. I even dropped 2 full glasses of water---on the coffee table and all over the carpet, side of recliner, etc.. I did not even feel like trying to wipe it up... Just letting it dry, naturally.

I began Lipitor, right after T-day. I wonder if some of this is related to the med. I sent an email to my doctor about it.

Feeling better today.. It is a one hour at ta time today... nothing special planned.. things I should do, but we will see.
~~~
Winchester Winchester any news about Evelyn? ((hugs))

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Just sending you some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
artiemom artiemom It's very possible that the Lipitor has something to do your brain fog right now. I hope you can get back to normal and start to feel better. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you, too.

Mia6 Mia6 artiemom artiemom Thank you for keeping Evelyn in your thoughts. She is doing well. Her fever is down and her breathing seems to be OK. In fact, a person from the hospital who's been helping out at the nursing home called Rick to ask for his thoughts on treating his mom with an "antibody cocktail" from people who have the covid antibodies. They are doing this to people who are in good health otherwise and stand a good chance of beating this thing. Evelyn falls into that category. She already talked to Evelyn and to Rick's sister and now Rick. They're going to go ahead with the treatment. Wish them luck! And thank you!
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. Muffin just came back to the bedroom and told me to get my butt out of bed; she wanted her after breakfast breakfast. So I'm up and enjoying my coffee.
  • All the cookies are made, except for the stamped cookies. My stamps, from KA, did come yesterday and now I want to make cookies. I'm going to take today off from cookies; tomorrow is another day. I don't want to eat them. I just want to make them.
  • Not much going on today. I'll do a quick vacuum, nothing major. And then work on my Christmas dinner menu, so I know what I'm doing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I began Lipitor, right after T-day. I wonder if some of this is related to the med. I sent an email to my doctor about it.
Oh I am, sure it is.plus stress will cause many probs
Side effects of Lipitor (atorvastatin) include:

from Pfizer's Website Talk with doc, yeah?
  • Cold-like symptoms
  • Joint pain
  • Diarrhea
  • Urinary tract infection
  • Stomach pain
  • Nausea
  • Muscle pain and spasms
  • Difficulty falling and staying asleep
I think you should have an amazing take-out lunch while watching a good movie.
You mentioned craving protein, how about a chicken club sandwich or Philly cheesesteak?
and fries?

I'm fine, Cindy. Kind of worn out from doing laundry but that stops today. I'm not
going to contribute to pain levels being higher. We had sun yesterday which
is a rare event in Ohio this time of year,

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How wonderful that Evelyn will receive the treatment!! Is it an infusion? I will
be praying for her.

Try to have a relaxing day, maybe get something from Wendy's? and watch stuff in the shed?

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope things are better for you today?
strider rose strider rose Glad headache is gone. Have you ever tried Advil gel caps?
I rarely get headaches but it is the only med that blasts them
Winchester Winchester How are you any word on Evelyn? Did you make your cookies?

regular stuff

I plan on only doing the dishes today. Somehow I ended up washing all the throws I have outside
for the gang, 4, and 2 in the bed, and 1 over the bed I guess it's been too hot in the bed for
them because I haven't seen anyone use it. Roberto was sleeping on the wicker chair this morning.
I miss Kaylee. This self isolating is rough. I hope she's ok.
i cant take advil due to having crohns disease ... it would irritate my colon

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Packed three boxes each with a small loaf of fruitcake, each also got a jar of homemade preserves. Off to post office to mail. Smart ass that I am when the clerk asked if there was anything liquid / hazardous / perishable etc I could not resist and solemnly said it depended on your opinion of fruitcake. That was this morning.

Inspection for my car was due in June. Covid-19 means that it was pushed back to September, and then December. It is now December and next week is hectic - covid-19 test for Himself on Monday, cats annual vet visit on Wednesday, Himself has his stenting on Thursday (we're hoping he'll come home same day) and follow up lab work on Friday. So I went today. Took about 45 minutes in line, slowly creeping forward. Car passed. New inspection sticker from originally schedule month of June so only good for 18 months rather than 2 years. Add in the 20 minute drive there and same to go home again . . . That was this afternoon.

Otherwise a nothing kind of day. The usual: Everybody got fed - made breakfast, made lunch, made afternoon snack, made dinner. Filled bird feeders. Cleaned litter box.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Packed three boxes each with a small loaf of fruitcake, each also got a jar of homemade preserves. Off to post office to mail. Smart ass that I am when the clerk asked if there was anything liquid / hazardous / perishable etc I could not resist and solemnly said it depended on your opinion of fruitcake.
ha!!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault You gave me a chuckle this morning!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I swear that, on some mornings, the first sip of coffee is so good, it gives me hope for everything. It's nirvana.
  • At some point (either this afternoon or tomorrow), we're going to roast 4 pounds of peanuts and a pound of cashews. Rick needs to get the recipe from our BIL. We always get the recipe, write it down, and then lose it for the following year. We love roasted peanuts for the holidays and Rick loves his roasted cashews. I need to check on the weather to see if I can make my almond brittle; if there is rain/snow coming, I won't even attempt it. (My mom always said not to make candy when it's going to rain/snow as humidity is not friendly to sugar.) Yesterday, it was so humid, we couldn't see the mountain across the road in the distance.
  • Some X-Files today. I'm almost to the end of season 6.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finish drying load of laundry from yesterday

Wash bedding and towels

Clean the bathrooms

Help husband grab a car part out of the garage attic to put on his Barracuda

Pick up dinner

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How are you?
strider rose strider rose Headache completely gone?
Winchester Winchester Any word on Evelyn? Can't wait to read your Christmas dinner menu
I have a huge can of cashews, love them.

regular stuff

will dry a load of darks and wash 3 clan throws.

Supposed to rain all day, 80% chance, groan.but will be 56. Willi, the white cat, snuck in again and sat down
on the rug with Big Cal right there eating. Cal went running upstairs, dear girl. Roberto was here, he has only
his right eye and his left ear is all folds. Well this morning he let me gently clean it with my finger and there is
sooo much dirt in there! I'm going to make a mix of peroxide and water and try to clean it tomorrow. He will
only let me pet him in the dark

Landlord is doing work in my neighbor's unit on Tuesday.. I cannot tolerate loud noises Nicole
( neighbor not sis) told me how loud it will be. My Nicole won't let me come down during that time
because of my exposure to Kaylee. Not even in the basement. So I made a reservation at a hotel
about a mile from here. Cal will be terrorized by the noise and the same if we went the hotel.not sure
what to do.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just went to the supermarket. Now I'm just waiting for the repair person to come diagnose the problem with the washing machine. The person will have to come back at a (not too) later date with the right parts to actually fix it. When the repair person is gone today, I'm taking my laundry to my friend's place to do. I get to (socially distantly) hang out with her and one of her cats, even though I just saw them virtually last night :biggrin: We both get virus tested frequently at the companies we work at so I'm not worried.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I am much better.. I think a lot of my symptoms has to do with the Lipitor. I emailed my PCP. She said to try 1/2 pill for a while.
Too bad I did not see that email before I went to bed!! I went to be, regular time, 10pm; was dozing off at 7pm... Wide awake, lying in bed. Got up, watched Colbert.. Then went to bed.. I did much on stuff.. sigh... have to stop this..
Also constipated from this...
so it is the Lipitor......sigh weight gain, eating like a pig because I am fatigued.. have to get back to healthy and back to limited diet.. my GI doc said that I can eat normally now.. but that does not work with my emotional side. I need restrictions... and the resulting bad effects of not eating properly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also asked my PCP about the Covid Vaccine .. She said that since I do seem to get reactions to vaccines, I will most likely get a reaction to the Covid Vaccination: Chills, slight fevers, body aches, etc..... sigh.. damed if I do and damned if I don't....

I think I will take a benadryl before and after the vaccination, and increase my daily dose of Vitamin D for a few days before the vaccination.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Got up late, actually, Geoffrey woke me up at 5am.. he finished his nighttime food! I ignored him.. Got up at 8am. He tried so hard to get me up
*Regular morning things..
*have to pick up a bit around here...
*write out a couple of bills
*Was going to get a steak from the butcher, but I think I will wait. I have a ton of cooked food in the refrigerator.. For some reason, the chicken breast, last night, came out good! weird...
* sort out and wrap some Christmas Gifts, to give out this upcoming week.

Yesterday, I got a chicken, ziti, broccoli from a local bakery. I do not usually go there, but I heard it was good... and not crowded. I also got a couple of slices of their pizza....It was horrible!! YUCK>. throwing the rest away!

So, I have the chicken, ziti, broccoli ~~~ actually, I prefer just the ziti and broccoli; and the chicken breast, a small salad, to eat for the week end.

I am quite unsure of Monday's meal... It is a weird combination: Chicken Piccata with tomatoes, onions, spinach, served with rice... Never heard of this combination!! Every time I order Chicken Piccata, it is served with pasta---no tomatoes, no spinach.. Whomever thought of this combo is not a chief, and is definitely NOT Italian, or grew up with good Italian food... man... wonder if they will put capers in there???? I have some in the house..

I should just make it myself.. get a chicken breast, flattened; sautéed with EVOO, Butter, fresh garlic; add a bit of lemon juice, white wine, capers... and then cook up some pasta....

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
yeah im feeling better mia, now my stomach is messed up.... if its not one thing its something else with me
the Crohn's acting up? have you recently had an infusion? :hugs:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Hmmm, you know, I started taking the generic version of Lipitor and am having much the same things that you have. My cholesterol is right on the borderline, so doctor thought it would be a good idea. I only take it 3 times a week. But I'm having the problems falling/staying asleep. I am very, very fatigued right now. The headaches have increased. I wonder if that's part of it. I'm an emotional eater, too, and that's not good.

I did get the stamped cookies made yesterday. They're really cute! Oh, some of them didn't turn out perfectly, but they're cute. Practice will help. I never did stamped cookies before. They're easier than roll-and-cut cookies, which I love to make. They don't taste bad either; I used a sugar cookie recipe from Nordic-Ware.
  • Lounged with Molli until 8:00, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, and am sitting back here with my coffee. It's an absolutely gorgeous sunny day, but windy. We are to get what some weather-weenies are calling as our first serious snowstorm on Wednesday afternoon.
  • Must scoop at some point.
  • Roasting peanuts this afternoon. I have four pounds of peanuts and a pound of cashews. I may try my luck at honey-roasted peanuts, too. We'll see how brave I am.
  • Muffin has been thoroughly and completely spoiled now. I was taking her outside for a bit of a walk. Well, it got cold, so I started bundling her up in the pink blankie. And now she knows that when I pick up the blankie, she's going outside! You should see her, all wrapped up! Her paws are working the whole time we're outside. She chatters at the birds and she just purrs and purrs. She doesn't like the wind, so I try to be really careful with her. She's happy in my arms, all wrapped up. We went into the she shed yesterday, while Rick was in there watching the PennState game. She explored a bit, then jumped up on my lap on the couch. We were there for about 30 minutes or so. As soon as I finish my coffee, I'll grab her and we'll go out. She's been back her already, yelling at me!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yes, I am taking the generic version of lipitor. I seem to be sensitive, in the sense that I seem to get side effects to drugs. As I am aging, I find that I am becoming sensitive to so many things. Weird... I still say it is because I was an X-ray Tech for a while...

Yesterday was another very lazy day. I did a ton of shredding.. threw out some trash.. Still have more trash to take care of.

The Chicken, ziti, and broccoli was not that bad.. I still prefer an un breaded chicken, with a white wine/EVOO, garlic sauce.. and more broccoli than chicken. I have leftovers for tonight.

So frustrated! My freezer is so overstocked! OMG.. I cannot even get an ice cube out of it.. I can barely shut the door! Yet, because of Covid, and the possible shut down, and the winter, I am afraid to sue any of it because I do not want to be short, if I need something.

I should not feel that way, because I always have options.. But now is the time to use things up.. at least some of them..

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*read local newspaper
*dump out Litter Genie; wipe it down really good
*Check amount of litter in the box
*Really need to start putting together Christmas Gifts... But I have no place to store them.. Geoffrey is into everything.. no room in closet.. Have to go under the desk... covered up... sigh... I plan on distributing them this week... just dropping off...
*phone call with a friend..

The fog is so thick. I can barely see the shoe line. nothing further than that.. It is warm, yet damp.

Watched "White Christmas" last night.. I usually fall asleep during it, but I watched it from start to finish.

This week is supposed to be stormy. I am planning on staying in most of the week. Nothing special planned. Nothing to buy.. no sense in taking unnecessary chances with Covid ore even the Flu.. it is going around.

Geoffrey has bow discovered the sofa! As long as there is a blanket/throw on it. He is staying close to his Mama... sweet boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.