Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning all..
It is cold here, 37 degrees.. brrrr... back to seasonal temps...

Did not sleep well last night. Went to bed, cuz I was dozing on recliner. Could not fall asleep.Back up at 11pm... Fell asleep watching Cobert.. Woke up with Geoffrey on my lap, beginning to heave...quickly placed him on the carpet.
Geoffrey did not have a good day. He did not feel well~not eating much, not purring, not wanting to cuddle.. I was expecting a hairball.. ugh--but not at 1am...

*Up at 7:20am... played with Geoffrey.. breakfast, online for a while..
*Regular morning stuff
*undecided what else to do...
*Covid test at 3pm

Yesterday I spent time playing with my printer. It was not printing, despite new ink. It said the heads needed cleaning.. Mind you, I spent hours, a couple months ago, dealing with this.. I gave up when I got too frustrated.. Unplugged it, left it alone.

I got new ink cartridges last week.
Yesterday, I decide to spend some time on it. Plugged it back in; stated it needed a new yellow cartridge.. the one in there was either old or counterfeit... so, I replaced the yellow.. low and behold, It is working!! OMG>..
All I had to do was leave it alone for a while... So happy that a new printer is not in the mix...
Not that I mind being a new one---this one is old.. but it is setting it up which is a pain..

I need to see if Petsmart has a Go Cat wand mouse toy for Geoffrey. His current one is broken. The wire is shredding. This is his favorite toy.. every morning, and sometimes during the day, we will play with this.
I always have an extra one in the house. But I need to replace that one.. I can order it on line, but I am ordering so much.. almost every day..

Have to return a set of towels to Khols. They are horrible.. a very poor quality for a 'top rated' one. That is false advertising.. If you look at the reviews, they are not.. I was trying to avoid crowded stores by ordering on line.. now I have to return it in person.. ugh...

anyway.. that is my day...

Winchester Winchester How is Rick's mom? any news.. keeping her and your family in my prayers..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is overcast, chilly, and just raw out. Nonetheless I am going out in a few minutes for yard work. Why? Because in the 2.5 inches of rain the other day the upper end of the lower culvert under the driveway was packed with wet muddy leaves. So well clogged that while it was raining the channel totally filled with rain and water was flowing over the driveway. Yesterday I removed two large black plastic tubs - the kind nurseries have for trees - filled with leaves. That allowed me to find the culvert.

Where's my intermittent handyman? I phoned yesterday and left a message. Called again today. Yes, he saw I had called but had not listened to the message. He could come tomorrow afternoon . . . I'll do what I can today and we'll see about tomorrow. The culvert must be cleared because we're supposed to get more rain this weekend.

Himself has been making multiple phone calls over the last couple of days about where to get a covid-19 test prior to his stenting on December 17. The hospital where it is being done would accept a test from our local hospital but the local hospital will not do it for them. Which means that this Friday we go to our local hospital for blood work, the results of which which will be sent to the other hospital. But about 4 days prior to his procedure we have to drive to the hospital where it will be done for a covid-19 test. Instead of driving about 10 miles each way I'll be driving 40 miles each way for a 5 minute procedure.

This morning we went to the lovely farm stand and I bought honeycrip apple cider, apple cider donuts, celeriac (I make celery root remoulade), fennel (I'll make fennel a la Greque), honeycrisp apples, red Gala apples. So that was something nice to balance all the not-so-nice.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Load digital coupons onto my rewards card

Finish up the load of laundry from yesterday

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*either quick or very late morning stuff
* Geoffrey to Vet...
* do not know... at this point, I think I will just lie down and cuddle with Geoffrey, if he is not hiding from me.... after the Vet.

May not stay awake for Grey's Anatomy tonight..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I mentioned that the lower culvert under the driveway was so clogged in the deluge that the channel had filled to the brim with water and flowing over the driveway. I took four tubs of leaves out and discovered that this

Culvert Wood_2020-11.jpg

was so firmly wedged about a foot into the culvert that I could not budge it. And more rain forecast for the weekend. So frantic! I called a friend who said her son would come over. Called the tree guy who is supposed to come on December 10 to give an estimate. Left a message on the answering machine, explained the situation and said I didn't think it could wait until then.

Steve the tree guy showed up first. He lay down in the channel and first pulled out rocks bigger than two hands and then got this driftwood looking piece of wood out of the culvert. As he's doing this Dominick, my friend's adult son showed up. He was not at all put out, gave me a bag of carrots and sweet potatoes from his mom's garden, and left.

Steve walked around with us, gave an estimate. It will be next spring, and it will be an expensive one. But worth it. It is clear that he is better, more skilled, more knowledgeable, more equipment etc than the tree company we've had to do take downs a couple of times before.

So that's really a yesterday thing. Today my intermittent handyman is coming in the afternoon so we can remove more leaves from out of the channel.

I forgot to prepare chocolate chip cookie dough yesterday evening. Having given Steve the tree guy three there was only one left, which Himself had for dessert with his dinner. I made up the dough this morning - before I even had my coffee! If is chilling in the refrigerator even as I type.

I want to rephotograph the tomte and his friends, having just remembered the Bryer moose and stag that had not been put out. Then finish my website entry for seasonal decorations. Do you ever rephotograph? It is often worthwhile, like this white horses and red sleigh I shared in the Christmas Decor thread I took a couple of days ago in the evening. I like it much more. You?

Seasonal Decorations_2020-11_five white horses and red sleigh.jpg

Photograph my friend's carrots, also fennel from the farm stand, then make fennel and carrot confit. I love this dish, hot or cold. Himself doesn't like fennel so I'll have it all to myself!

Coffee finished. Time to get going. More later.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Gosh, you are so busy!! The food you are making sounds wonderful!!

regular stuff

Pay Day!!

Kaylee is drying bedding at launderette. It would take all day drying six heavy throws, etc.
I am having the Sunshine Skillet from Bob Evans for brekkie/lunch.
1607006269591.png

Open-faced omelet loaded with Bob Evans® sausage, country gravy, cheddar cheese and golden-brown home fries. Served with freshly-baked biscuits

over 1100 calories, oink, ha!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm here. I got knocked out by a really bad headache yesterday morning. I went right to bed, stayed there long enough to eat a little for supper, and went back to bed. I have no idea what caused this one. Thank you for the PMs, I will answer! I do feel human this morning. But that one? It was bad.

We have no word on Rick's mom. Nobody has called us, nobody has told us anything. Rick and his sister are beside themselves. Eighty residents have tested positive with another 20 pending results. Residents have died, but we don't know how many. A local large hospital has stepped in, both to help with the residents and to handle the virus. There are 40+ aides in the nursing home and over half of them are sick. They are going to try Remdesivir on the residents. But we got this from Rick's sister who knows something about what's going on, but she doesn't know about her own mom. Basically, we're still waiting around to hear something. Rick and his sister are talking now as I type. They're both very upset.
  • Rick got up with the girls and the M & Ms and I lounged quite late this morning, til around 9:30. I'm up now and enjoying my coffee.
  • Excitedly waiting on my new iPhone to be delivered today. I've always had Android phones. I had given Rick the iPhone X several years ago as a Christmas present. This is my Christmas present to me from me.....for the next 50 million years. I went with the ProMax, (Pacific Blue) simply because of the better camera and because I think I'll like having a larger phone. I was the very last hold-out in my entire family to still have an Android.
  • Have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
I mentioned that Rick and his sister were talking while I was back here. Evelyn was told she has tested positive for Covid. His sister got that from their mom; nobody has yet to call us. But she was told she is positive this morning. They moved her roommate out of the room, which makes us think that the roommate has not yet tested positive and they moved her to a different floor. Which also leaves us to believe that everybody on that particular floor has tested positive. Sorry for all the "leaves us to believe stuff" but again, nobody from the nursing home has contacted us at all. And that is weird because they'll call us if she falls, if she has a bruise, etc. I think Covid is a little more serious than a bruise, but.....nothing. And we know they're busy. We get that. But this is our mom we're talking about, well Rick's mom. We're scared.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm here. I got knocked out by a really bad headache yesterday morning. I went right to bed, stayed there long enough to eat a little for supper, and went back to bed. I have no idea what caused this one. Thank you for the PMs, I will answer! I do feel human this morning. But that one? It was bad.

We have no word on Rick's mom. Nobody has called us, nobody has told us anything. Rick and his sister are beside themselves. Eighty residents have tested positive with another 20 pending results. Residents have died, but we don't know how many. A local large hospital has stepped in, both to help with the residents and to handle the virus. There are 40+ aides in the nursing home and over half of them are sick. They are going to try Remdesivir on the residents. But we got this from Rick's sister who knows something about what's going on, but she doesn't know about her own mom. Basically, we're still waiting around to hear something. Rick and his sister are talking now as I type. They're both very upset.
  • Rick got up with the girls and the M & Ms and I lounged quite late this morning, til around 9:30. I'm up now and enjoying my coffee.
  • Excitedly waiting on my new iPhone to be delivered today. I've always had Android phones. I had given Rick the iPhone X several years ago as a Christmas present. This is my Christmas present to me from me.....for the next 50 million years. I went with the ProMax, (Pacific Blue) simply because of the better camera and because I think I'll like having a larger phone. I was the very last hold-out in my entire family to still have an Android.
  • Have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
I mentioned that Rick and his sister were talking while I was back here. Evelyn was told she has tested positive for Covid. His sister got that from their mom; nobody has yet to call us. But she was told she is positive this morning. They moved her roommate out of the room, which makes us think that the roommate has not yet tested positive and they moved her to a different floor. Which also leaves us to believe that everybody on that particular floor has tested positive. Sorry for all the "leaves us to believe stuff" but again, nobody from the nursing home has contacted us at all. And that is weird because they'll call us if she falls, if she has a bruise, etc. I think Covid is a little more serious than a bruise, but.....nothing. And we know they're busy. We get that. But this is our mom we're talking about, well Rick's mom. We're scared.
You have an enormous caring virtual family here at TCS that’s holding you, Rick, your entire family...and especially his mom...in our thoughts. Sending all of you strength and love.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Pam. They should find a way to let the families know what is going on. Is there a person
they can complain to? PA Department of Health?
I'm praying for her recovery. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

Love,
Mia💖 :hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff.

make a list for Kaylee

My foot is feeling better so I may take a walk. It's going to be in the 40s so I'll wear my parka
with a think long-sleeved shirt underneath

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Still no updates on Evelyn, other than what she told us yesterday. Thank you so much for caring. You guys rock! :hugs: to all of you!
  • My turn to get up with the girls this morning. Rick is snoring away in bed, but does plan to get up soon as we have some errands this morning. I fed the girls, emptied the dishwasher, finished my grocery list, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Gosh, but I just love my morning coffee.
  • We are grabbing groceries this morning. Bob (co-worker) told us yesterday that the grocery store has become the new ground-zero for covid infections; he stopped in to return food containers, but stayed outside. We don't allow anyone in the house, and even outside, we wear masks when people come. Rick was working on decorating a tree, so I went outside and the three of us talked in the yard. We feel like we can't win. We don't go to stores often, but we have to at some point! Hitting the butcher store for a few things and also the candy shop for cinnamon hearts, silver dragees, and teaberries. What we don't get this morning, we won't get.....period. And that includes what I need for Christmas dinner.
  • I did get my new phone; she's a pretty thing. So we're stopping in at Verizon, too, this morning.
  • Must clean my desk back here this afternoon. It's full of cookie cookbooks and magazines, knickknacks that I brought back when decorating the living room, and tons of other stuff, and it looks like a hurricane hit it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my intermittent handyman and I cleared the culvert of wet dirty soggy leaves, cleared dry leaves away from where they had collected around the generator, and refilled the downstairs wood rack. All this in just an hour! Ah youth.

And I did finish the seasonal decoration entry for my web site.
BelleWood-Gardens - Diary
Next up - a review of "A Family Guide to Terrariums."

No breakfast for Himself this morning. He's going for a blood draw for pre-procedure testing this morning and it has to be fasting. Good thing it is relatively early.

Then to Wal-Mart. Himself's hands are often cold. We figure now is a good time to get those hand warmer packs that hunters use. Then Costco. I want to fuel up my car for the two trips to Morristown - the covid-19 test and his stenting. Both stores are very close to our local hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.