Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault and Winchester Winchester Thank you!! I am 1/4 British, so could I be an English Queen? 👑, ha! Just have to find someone to put it together. It was so difficult to get into the house but since I've had several things stolen, it was best for me to put in in. The cushion hasn't arrived yet so even if it was put together, I would have to use bed pillows to sit in it. It looks really big, doesn't it? Hmmmm...
C catapault So your boys were fighting over food? I'm sure they calmed down. I hope you got your order. Our farmer's market will be open the first week of Jun and it's only 3 blocks from me. Open till late September.

• Usual morning routine, boxes, tea, etc. Cal decided to have a nice, smelly poop just after I cleaned the litter box, hee, hee. It's so cold, in the 20s, icy deck and a sprinkling of snow. Will be in the 40s today but will feel colder with the wind chills.I hope the farmer's crops survived. So many people have bought plants already, I bet they were covered and or put in garages. Plan on washing some throws, cleaning Cal's private areas and maybe give her a trim back there if she'll let me.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So if April showers bring May flowers, what does May snow bring? It's on the decks, our cars, and the grill covers. Fortunately, it didn't lay anywhere else. It's freezing outside. And it's gusty. Brrrrr I'm wearing sweats this morning. The cats are already back in bed with Rick under the electric blanket.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • One load of laundry.
  • I started watching Elementary on Hulu out in the shed. I always wanted to see it and never seemed to get around to it. I may spend the afternoon out there.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Still dark here except for the moonlight, warm out. Refill hummingbird feeder and change location to outside my bedroom window. Put my new homemade cockatiel toys in their cages. Kiss my Cat about a million more times. ♥ :silver:🌕🕊🌺

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No snow but according to my rooftop weather station the overnight low temperature was just below the freezing point.

The farm stand called about four hours after placing the order. We drove over (30 minutes) in the rain. Order was not outside so I had to open door and poke my head inside to ask where it was.

The boys were not fighting over food, Mia6 Mia6 They were just fighting for an unknown reason. Not play fighting, really fighting. Mr Poe is still a little jumpy this morning but so far so good. Here are pictures of my handsome boys.
Cats_2020-05_Mr Poe.jpg Cats_2020-04_Domino.jpg
And the chipmunk seems to have left the greenhouse. Fortunately setting controller to a low temperature so louvers opened must have done the trick because the live trap that my friend at the farm and feed brought over is squirrel size. Don't think a chipmunk is weighty enough to trip it.

Chipmunk_2020-05_in greenhouse.jpg

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
No snow but according to my rooftop weather station the overnight low temperature was just below the freezing point.

The farm stand called about four hours after placing the order. We drove over (30 minutes) in the rain. Order was not outside so I had to open door and poke my head inside to ask where it was.

The boys were not fighting over food, Mia6 Mia6 They were just fighting for an unknown reason. Not play fighting, really fighting. Mr Poe is still a little jumpy this morning but so far so good. Here are pictures of my handsome boys.
View attachment 333508 View attachment 333511
And the chipmunk seems to have left the greenhouse. Fortunately setting controller to a low temperature so louvers opened must have done the trick because the live trap that my friend at the farm and feed brought over is squirrel size. Don't think a chipmunk is weighty enough to trip it.

View attachment 333506
Very handsome!! Who is the alpha?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 It isn't clear who is alpha cat. Depends on the situation. If Mr Poe is laying on the bed in my study Domino will come up on the bed, start licking Mr Poe. Then bite him so Mr Poe leaves and Domino curls up in that spot with an air of satisfaction. I've also seen Mr Poe begin licking Domino, then stand over him and bite while Domino complains. Other times they will be curled up right next to each other, napping for a long time.
Cats_2018-01_Domino and Mr Poe.jpg
So in my opinion they are pretty much co-equal.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

View attachment 333508 View attachment 333511

View attachment 333506
catapault your boys are so beautiful!! Lucky chipmunk escape. Thank you for post that makes me so happy. :) :silver: 🌺

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Your kids are gorgeous!

Rick got up with the girls this morning and I lounged in bed. I have a bit of a headache, not a migraine, but just a headache.
  • I need to scoop the boxes in a little while. No housework, no laundry today. I refuse; it's Mother's Day and I'm just not.
  • We're going to spend the afternoon outside; Rick is still working on raised bed #2 and I'm weeding. Raised bed #3, when it's built, will be for strawberries.
  • The Outlander season finale is today, so I'll be out in the shed tonight for a while. Then I'll cancel the Starz app tomorrow morning. I may start the CBS AllAccess app trial tomorrow to binge-watch Picard. Rick said he'd watch it with me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sounds like a plan to me!!

I was wondering how Picard was, and the new Star Trek Series. How much is the CBS All Access channel, for you? in comparison with StARZ?

If you feel they are good, I may do the same as you. STARZ does not have anything on it for me, except for Outlander. I was also thinking of cancelling my subscription after the last episode of Outlander. I have this years episodes on the DVR.

thanks

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Oh my. your boys are so beautiful!! My Vincie girl was a big flirt and if she were still here,
she'd be chasing after both of them, hee, hee
Winchester Winchester Hope the headache is gone
  • Boxes, tea, regular morning stuff. Very cold. Supposed to have some snow today!! Cal, via Nicole, got me a beautiful hanging basket of New Guinea Impatiens but she said to keep it inside for the next few days because of the temps. Our beauty salons and barber shops will reopen next week but with restrictions. We may have to wait in our vehicles till it's our turn.The staff will wear masks and we will as well if they ask us. I will get a cut but not a color, too much sitting. Kaylee will pick up a few things from the store today laundry needs folded and quilt needs washed again as I spilled ice cream on it AGAIN, ha!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm planning on signing up for a 7-day trial of CBS All-Access, so I won't be paying anything; I can get through Picard in seven days. Outlander's season finale last night was simply incredible. I shed a few tears. I have the Starz app through Prime, so Rick told me to just keep it until the end of May as he's not sure if they'll prorate the charge or not or just charge me til the end of May anyway. The Starz app was $5 a month through Prime, for the first 3 months. But Outlander lasted longer than that, so I had to keep it through May.
  • I got up with the girls this morning. Breakfast for them, emptied the dishwasher, made our coffee, etc. I asked Rick to strip the bed this morning when he gets up.
  • Wash the bed sheets.
  • I put butter in the microwave last night to soften. Will be making sticky buns this morning.
  • If the weather holds, Rick will be up in the garden this afternoon and I'll be weeding. I've been working in the area at the top of the driveway.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, those sticky buns sound very good, yum!!

• Usual morning routine, boxes, tea, sorting laundry to be washed. Wicked pain flare so I'm taking it easy. Cal knows as she was putting her sweet feet against my back yesterday while I was resting. Frost again this morning but it didn't bother her as she was out for about 20 mins or so. I made another bed for her on the chair with throws as she was starting to sleep on it. She seems to like being able to look at me, darling girl. She so loves the Temptations catnip treats so I bought the large container of them. I think Ohio is lifting restrictions too early. I'll do what I feel is safest.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Set the alarm, up earlier than usual these days. Feed cats, make my coffee, throw a load of laundry in the clothes washer. I have 45 minutes before heading out so it can finish and be tossed in the dryer upon my departure.

Walmart first. It's regular opening hour, but not at all crowded. Get all except three items on my list. Drive over to Costco for their senior hour opening. Oh boy! What a long line snaking across the front of the building. And there are some young looking seniors too. Whatever. Once again, find all except about three items on my list. Must shout out to Winchester Winchester I got one very large bag of KA AP flour. Limiting to 3 cumulative meat so I got whole chicken, skirt steak, tilapia. Apparently frozen shrimp don't count but you can only get one. Which I did. Loooong line approaching checkout but they have someone directing people to this register, that register so it moves along nice and quickly.

Get checked out, hand over my members benefit check (a tiny percentage on your previous year's purchases.) Need my credit card for the balance . . . And I cannot find it! Used it at Walmart - not in any of my pockets, not in my purse, not anywhere. Use a different card. Get to car, search floor, search Walmart bags. No card. Double back to Walmart, go to service desk. No, no one turned it in. They call security, he checks security camera and sees me put it in my shirt pocket. We both go out to car, search Walmart bags again. No card.

I go back to Costco and their service desk. No, card not turned in. I leave the store, walk the entire area where we'd been inching our way in well over an hour ago. No card. Decide to look inside where the carts are grouped. It's the wrong way to enter the store and I explain why I'm wrong-way Corrigan, I'm looking for my lost credit card. Someone calls the service desk. And it had just then, right then, been turned in!

So I have a headache. I'm sure I have even more gray hairs. But I have the missing credit card, and all is well that ends well.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I second that oh my gosh, from @ Furballsmom. So glad you got it back C catapault . (I don't quite know why computer won't let me make a new paragraph.)
Contacted my state governor about concerns, gave specific suggestions for him to ask that guy in the White house to ask for production of rubbing isopropyl alcohol. Will contact him yet again about other suggestions. Went to nursery and bought plants/flowers. Usual housework and kiss my Cat about a million more times. ♥ :silver: 🌺

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, C catapault , thank goodness you got it back!
Mia6 Mia6 I'm concerned about lifting the restrictions too early, as well. In PA, some of the counties are moving to Yellow on their own, going against the regulations. And even though we're in a Yellow county, we're worried that people from Red counties will be coming here to shop. It's just way too early, IMHO.

It's chilly around here again today, sunny with highs in only the low 50s. Rick covered our green beans bed again last night. We don't see any beans coming up yet.

I checked out Prime yesterday to see exactly when our Starz subscription did end and it was to end on May 15. Rather than take a chance and get charged for another month, I cancelled it yesterday. I think we'll wait until Friday to start CBS, so that we can stay up over the weekend for Picard. I also looked and, really, Picard is pretty much the only show I'm interested in watching. Maybe Star Trek Discovery.

Got a catalog from Encore Azaleas. I was interested in them because some of them are everbloomers and some of them bloom in the fall. They have some gorgeous colors. Home Depot carries them, but some of them are only available from HD online. I may do an order today; I think they're supposed to come in a week or two if I order them now. Encore® Azalea: The world's best-selling multi-season blooming azalea Rick said he might want a couple for around the house.
  • My turn to get up with the girls. Breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. My turn to scoop today, too.
  • Making a vanilla cake, recipe from King Arthur. I'm going to divide the recipe in half and bake it in a 9 x 9-inch square pan, because I'm getting low on cake flour. I know I can "make" cake flour, but I don't feel like dealing with it this morning. I'll need to get the crock pot going around 10 or so with the spare ribs for dinner tonight.
  • A good vacuum about the house. I may Bona the computer room and bathroom floors today. A bit of a swiffer. Clean bathroom and kitchen.
  • Still watching Elementary on Hulu.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff, boxes, tea. Washing a fews smalls. Having Kaylee wash a lot of darks at the laundromat and pick up a few things and I'll get my McDonald's fix as well.🍔🍟 Strawberries were so good the other day so I'm having her get more.🍓

Winchester Winchester Your cake sounds sooo good!! Flowers are pretty!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
First I've been sharing videos on a GPT site of the cats and earning on there. (double for watching as well as others seeing). I'm not mentioning the site as I think it's against forum rules but wanted to share this as you'll understand what i'm doing

1. Make and upload 7 more videos of the cats
2. Do a featured video of Sopdet. Treasure was featured the day before
3. Find a few videos of Shaman in the hopes someone in my neighborhood also earns money this way, sees her and comments that she's ok, or not (want closure)

I have 20 other things too that needs to be done. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.