Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, tea, usual morning routine. *%$#^$% hag seed flare is back. On Saturday I sat out for a few hours in my new chair and was able to read, so nice Yesterday morning I guess I overdid it with laundry etc. Also the rain and humidity doesn't help.Pain doc thinks Arizona is the place for me, another doc said never move to Seattle, less sun than here and my mood will be down.How about winters in San Diego and summers in Maine?:sunshine:☀🌅🌇⛱🌞🌄😎 Will take it easy today.Rain predicted for the next 10 days groan. Seems like every May has been rainy recently,. May have hair cut in the next few days...simply cannot tolerate the scandalousness of it. I've had bad hair before but this is frightening and unfortunate. When I put big pink, green, yellow, blue and purple rollers in it, Cal looks at me strangely, ha!! Then when taken out I get a phone call from the 90s wanting their hair back.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I put big pink, green, yellow, blue and purple rollers in it, Cal looks at me strangely, ha!! Then when taken out I get a phone call from the 90s wanting their hair back.
:lol:

I got up with the girls around 5:30. Amber would not be quiet, Mollipop and Muffin were going at it tooth and claw, and Tabby wouldn't leave me alone. When Molli and Muffin both came to bed and then started fighting (on me, yet!), I gave up. Rick rolled over, saw I was up and said he'd just feed them. But I'd been awake since 5:00 anyway, needed my coffee, and figured I'd deal with the girls. So here I am. :yawn: My headache is better, just twinges once in a while.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • We're going to brave our favorite nursery this morning. I have my lists written out for windowboxes and veggie garden stuff. I have four windowboxes at the she shed and we have two at our garden shed. I'm also looking at blue hydrangea bushes. And maybe a red twig dogwood and a purple wisteria, if I can afford it. Rick won't be amused, but I've been wanting a wisteria forever. (Remember that $250 I got from submitting my shed story? This would put that money to good use, I'm thinking. Plus, I still have the Christmas money my boss gave me last year. We also have quite a bit of Christmas club money leftover from last year. With the pandemic and keeping my butt at home, I haven't been spending any money!)
  • When we get back home, I'm finally going to order those Encore azaleas from Home Depot. I need some that will do well in dappled shade and then some that will do well in full sun. Rick wants some azaleas, too, for the flowerbed in the front yard.
And speaking of keeping my butt at home, we had to use the truck to start the Tucson. I haven't driven the Tucson since the beginning of February! And I've only driven Clarence twice since then, too, and that was just to make sure his battery started. When I say I've been keeping my butt at home, I'm serious. The very few times that we did go anywhere, we used the truck.

Our auto insurance company did reimburse us for part of our premium (I think a lot of companies did) due to not driving.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, Winchester Winchester sounds like you are also getting several weeks / gallon of gas! Himself is putting the trickle charger on his CRV for a day or so once a week.

Today I am about to go down to the compost heap and shovel up as many sheet rock buckets full as will fit in the cart on the ATV, which Himself will drive up for me. Think I pulled something in my back when I heaved the tire planter up on the concrete blocks yesterday.

BTW - our kids and their spouses gave him this 3-D printed dragon head for his recent odometer change birthday. What to do with it . . . He mounted it on the ATV. Isn't it cool!

ATV with dragon_2020-05.jpg ATV with dragon_2020-05-side view.jpg
Since it is overcast and looks like rain I want to move some plants out of the greenhouse. Turn off the greenhouse heat too, don't think it's needed.

And if it rains I can mix more potting soil and start repotting all the eucomis etc still sleeping in basement.

That's what I should be doing rather than lounging around here on TCS so bye for now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Try and figure out who is sending these 80 cats to my Mom's yard before I have to join one of the colonies myself. Caretakers on Next Door refuse to explain.

2. Try and find a way of relocating the ones who don't have a bond with me

3. Figure out how the heck to get this collar off of CG when CG won't come near a human or go anywhere near a trap, food (in my yard at least) or pet carrier. Ugh

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Glad you are on the mend from migraine. Wowza, your home will look so beautiful with all the flowers, etc! We had a huge white Hydrangea on the side of our house growing up. A bad storm in the 90s took out part of it but it still bloomed.
C catapault How is your back, ouch? Be careful!! Love Himself's dragon on ATV, !!🐉🐲
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf I had a feral who would eat on the deck. He had a bad wound that I needed to medicate so I chopped up a bit of leftover steak and chicken and placed it on deck, while he was loving the food, I was able to cleanse ear with peroxide and slather it with Neosporin and Vitamin A&D ointment.Vet said that was fine to use on his wounds since I couldn't bring him in. Maybe you can try some goodies wih CG and remove the collar. Heat the food up first so he'll smell it. May work.

• Boxes, tea usual morning routine. Rain again, all day, so over it. I think back to my days of living in Ft. Lauderdale and all the sun. Yes, it was very humid but it is here as well and we don't have an ocean breeze. Washing some smalls with pillow cases now, smells good, Tide Clean Breeze scent. Cal is sacked out on chair, cooing like an angel, precious girl.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Glad you are on the mend from migraine. Wowza, your home will look so beautiful with all the flowers, etc! We had a huge white Hydrangea on the side of our house growing up. A bad storm in the 90s took out part of it but it still bloomed.
C catapault How is your back, ouch? Be careful!! Love Himself's dragon on ATV, !!🐉🐲
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf I had a feral who would eat on the deck. He had a bad wound that I needed to medicate so I chopped up a bit of leftover steak and chicken and placed it on deck, while he was loving the food, I was able to cleanse ear with peroxide and slather it with Neosporin and Vitamin A&D ointment.Vet said that was fine to use on his wounds since I couldn't bring him in. Maybe you can try some goodies wih CG and remove the collar. Heat the food up first so he'll smell it. May work.

• Boxes, tea usual morning routine. Rain again, all day, so over it. I think back to my days of living in Ft. Lauderdale and all the sun. Yes, it was very humid but it is here as well and we don't have an ocean breeze. Washing some smalls with pillow cases now, smells good, Tide Clean Breeze scent. Cal is sacked out on chair, cooing like an angel, precious girl.
Thanks I tried that with both and got attacked and now even Treasure won't even come near me. So there's that. And CG will absolutely not touch any food that I sit out. I don't know why. And if I sit outside like I did with Treasure, CG will not come anywhere near. Ugh

1. Make those phone calls. I just hope there are spots for these cats for their well being although I'll miss them dearly.

2. Figure out why my one cam keeps going offline. It's a mess

3. Go on hunt for more toilet paper. People here are still hoarding this stuff.

Last edited:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, Pam, not another one, groan, so sorry. I hope you can enjoy your holiday weekend in the shed. :hugs: 🌅
Someone posted on the site recently that drinking one cup of coffee, then one cup of tea would cure a migraine?
It's different for everyone. My new neighbor has them and takes a drug that is sublingual. It starts with an M, couldn't
understand her. She took 2 the other day and was so knocked out that she couldn't here her friend pounding at
the door and shouting her name.

I've been sitting in my new chair off and on for the last 2 hours. I am using 6 pillows as the cushion
hasn't arrived. I love it more than I thought I would. Love the red!!

I have my hair in three ponytails under a baseball cap, hee, hee
Winchester Winchester Maxalt.
After today, we are to have rain pretty much all week, too. Basically spotty, isolated showers, more than anything. It seems very humid this morning. Day 2 of the headache. I did get a lot of weeding done yesterday, though, and plan to work more today. Rick mowed the yard, so that's done for another week. We didn't sleep in the shed this weekend, because I went to bed early.

My hair is really bad, too. I need about 3-4 inches taken off and I need to talk to somebody about doing something with the root growth. I think I'm going to let it go. Or maybe, if it doesn't do too much damage to my hair, have it done so it's grey/silver/white all over. Once it's done, it's done. It's the whole growing-out thing that's making me crazy. I'm going to talk to my stylist, maybe in June or July. Not right now. I don't even think salons are open yet in PA. (Once my SIL got over her shock at seeing the re-growth, even she remarked on how pretty it was. Rick's been saying that all along, but I think he just doesn't want me to pay the money for the monthly color. He says not.)
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Outside work today
  • I really do have to sit down with a list of shrubs and flowers for windowboxes at both sheds and for landscaping around the she-shed. I've been saying this, but I don't get it done. We plan on going to a local nursery tomorrow (Monday) morning. I can plant a few things around the deck, but not a lot yet, because I have to stain the deck first. I have the stain; it's a matter of power-washing and then trying to get a day when it's not windy and it's not going to rain. That's been difficult around here lately. I'll go out to the shed tonight, grab some Garden Gate magazines, check some "thriller, spiller, filler" sites out online and see what I come up with.
The front/western side of the shed gets dappled sunlight, the north area gets no sunlight, and the southern end gets a lot of sunlight. We're not going to do much for the eastern/back side because we don't want to disturb the swale in back because of water drainage, maybe some hosta. Still trying to figure out where the path will be and looking at lighting that will go into deck steps. I want some light, but not a lot, just enough for a wee bit of ambiance. There's a motion dectector light on the shed itself and it shines outward enough that I can see to walk back to the house.

Speaking of motion lights, I was out in the shed last night for an hour or so, just as it was getting dark, watching tv. I got up to come in the house and turned around and the motion light was on. I called Rick in the house to see if he was out there, trying to scare me and he said he was flopped on the sofa. I don't know, maybe deer in the yard.
Winchester Winchester motion lights/migraine ❤

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
S sweet jane flash Thanks much for the info! I have a doctor appt end of June, so will be talking to him about something for the headaches. Thank you! And I never gave a thought to the motion detector lights being a trigger.
Mia6 Mia6 I dearly love hydrangeas. We have two PeeGees, one in the front yard and one in the side yard. The one in the front yard puts on a beautiful, beautiful show every year, at the beginning of August.

We went to our favorite nursery yesterday morning, came home and turned into planting fools. I posted about it in the Gardening 2020 thread. We planted a lot of things yesterday, followed by more flower planting this afternoon in the front flower bed.

I got to the point where I could barely walk yesterday and needed a blazing hot shower, followed by the electric blanket last night. I have those four blown discs in my lower back and when I spend the afternoon bent over, it's all I can do to straighten back up. Thankfully, I feel much better this morning. All it usually takes is a hot shower and the blanket; I can't take any pain pills, so I just deal with it. Walking also seems to help the back pain, for some reason.

The nursery did not have wisteria, so I'll look elsewhere. It does have red twig dogwoods, but we ran out of space in the Tucson yesterday, so another trip is required. We also looked at blueberry bushes. And we forgot our squash! When we first got to the nursery, the greenhouse with the squash and strawberries was packed with people. No way were we even trying to go in there. We went to some of the other greenhouses, got what we needed, paid our bill and left. Once we got home, we realized that we forgot our squash plants! And since our garden is never complete without our squash, we're going back later on this week, first thing in the morning.

You know, we got hit harder from that frost those nights last week than we originally thought. It really did a number on the buds on our azalea bush by the pool fence. Fully half of the bush isn't blooming now. Our black walnut tree is the last thing to leaf out in the spring and we can see damaged leaves now. Even some of our maple tree leaves are damaged as are many of our hosta plants. I wish, I really wish Mother Nature would get her act together! It's so frustrating. That's how we lost a weeping cherry several years ago; it was pushing buds and got hit by a really bad frost. It ended up killing the whole tree.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning, so I slept in a while. After breakfast, Molli came back to the bedroom and started scratching at the door. I got up, opened the door, and we went back to bed. She came over and cuddled with me and we both fell back asleep. She does that quite often when it's my turn to lounge in. She's the only one who does. Rick says she eats breakfast, does a thorough wash, visits with him for about five minutes, then comes back the hallway to the bedroom. And scratches at the door.
  • Finish our plantings and weeding.
  • Trash night.
  • More shed TV.
And that will be our Tuesday.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
S sweet jane flash Thanks much for the info! I have a doctor appt end of June, so will be talking to him about something for the headaches. Thank you! And I never gave a thought to the motion detector lights being a trigger.
Mia6 Mia6 I dearly love hydrangeas. We have two PeeGees, one in the front yard and one in the side yard. The one in the front yard puts on a beautiful, beautiful show every year, at the beginning of August.

We went to our favorite nursery yesterday morning, came home and turned into planting fools. I posted about it in the Gardening 2020 thread. We planted a lot of things yesterday, followed by more flower planting this afternoon in the front flower bed.

I got to the point where I could barely walk yesterday and needed a blazing hot shower, followed by the electric blanket last night. I have those four blown discs in my lower back and when I spend the afternoon bent over, it's all I can do to straighten back up. Thankfully, I feel much better this morning. All it usually takes is a hot shower and the blanket; I can't take any pain pills, so I just deal with it. Walking also seems to help the back pain, for some reason.

The nursery did not have wisteria, so I'll look elsewhere. It does have red twig dogwoods, but we ran out of space in the Tucson yesterday, so another trip is required. We also looked at blueberry bushes. And we forgot our squash! When we first got to the nursery, the greenhouse with the squash and strawberries was packed with people. No way were we even trying to go in there. We went to some of the other greenhouses, got what we needed, paid our bill and left. Once we got home, we realized that we forgot our squash plants! And since our garden is never complete without our squash, we're going back later on this week, first thing in the morning.

You know, we got hit harder from that frost those nights last week than we originally thought. It really did a number on the buds on our azalea bush by the pool fence. Fully half of the bush isn't blooming now. Our black walnut tree is the last thing to leaf out in the spring and we can see damaged leaves now. Even some of our maple tree leaves are damaged as are many of our hosta plants. I wish, I really wish Mother Nature would get her act together! It's so frustrating. That's how we lost a weeping cherry several years ago; it was pushing buds and got hit by a really bad frost. It ended up killing the whole tree.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning, so I slept in a while. After breakfast, Molli came back to the bedroom and started scratching at the door. I got up, opened the door, and we went back to bed. She came over and cuddled with me and we both fell back asleep. She does that quite often when it's my turn to lounge in. She's the only one who does. Rick says she eats breakfast, does a thorough wash, visits with him for about five minutes, then comes back the hallway to the bedroom. And scratches at the door.
  • Finish our plantings and weeding.
  • Trash night.
  • More shed TV.
And that will be our Tuesday.
Winchester Winchester I have horrendous back issues too. I have another appointment with a different doc, one I saw 13yrs. ago. I hate taking pills, but I love to be alive. I am going to switch back to 3rd doc soon.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gardening, it rained last night. Sunset fantastic. Will enjoy sunset again tonight. So much to do and I am so happy for so much to do, so grateful for learning new things. Work on new jobs. 🌺 :silver: ❤🌴

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
  • Working out a configuration for maintaining online classes while teaching actual ones (makes sense, and I can't just stop doing the online ones when all this is over as far-flung students are so into it... who knew??)
  • Take my ill friend's dog for a walk and cook her dinner
  • some jigsaw for light relief :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Usual morning routine, boxes, tea, washing our fave blanket. Hope to be able to sit on deck and finish P&P. Make a list for Kaylee.I've been showering instead of having my beloved bahes because the meniscus sprain that never healed properly.is acting up again. I bent it too much getting out of tub last week so till it calms down, only showers.
Winchester Winchester Again your place sounds beautiful. Four blown discs, yikes!! I find that Epsom salts help. Is there nothing to be done about them?
S sweet jane flash You sound chipper! Glad to hear so!
mani mani How sweet of you to walk dog and cook dinner for your friend, then get back to your puzzle!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope your flare-up ends soon. It's hard getting around when you don't feel well.I blew the first disk when I worked in the paper plant. Then they started popping. I'm at four, all in my lower back, and, as long as I'm careful I'm ok. The ortho-weenie does not want to operate because, for the most part, I'm OK. I have a tendency to overdo from time to time, especially when I work outside or when I try to arrange furniture in the house, and then I need the really hot shower and the blanket. No pain pills, because most of the time, a hot shower works wonders. If it's really bad, Rick will give me a gentle massage. When I left the paper plant and started working in an office, that really helped, too. As long as I can do the things I want to do and do my walking, I'm content. It sounds like I'm an invalid....between the damn migraines and my back. I'm not. I'm OK. And I can deal with it. I walk funny for a while, but then I straighten back up. But I'll never be able to work in a factory again.

Yesterday, I finished the weeding around the end of the house, worked my way in back of the house, and then hit a bit of hosta that were weedy. Put my tools away and brought the Tucson and Clarence to the back yard and washed both cars. The birds are really bad this spring; I swear those buggers are sitting on the car mirrors and pooping down the car! Got the cars washed, Rick did their roofs because I can't reach that far. His truck is really bad, too, but he said he'd run it through the car wash. Our house windows have poop and man, you should see the winter pool cover! Nothing but bird poop! Rick is going to have to get out the pressure washer and wash the house off. Rick was working in the front flowerbed, planting flowers and doing some weeding. Molli was in the bedroom window, watching, and when I stopped to talk to Rick, she started yelling. I started talking back to her. She wanted to come outside, so I went in and got her and we walked around the yard for a while. She was satisfied and we came back in the house. Rick says that it's no wonder our cats are so vocal; I talk to them all the time and they're always talking to me about something. I pretty much know what they want, so it's OK. But Dear Richard thinks that centuries ago, I would have been burned at the stake with the girls as my familiars!
  • Breakfast for the girls, did the dishwasher, threw the first load of laundry in the washer, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I have three loads of laundry; I changed the bed sheets yesterday, but left the dirty sheets go til today.
  • Going to spend time in the house for a while and get caught up a bit on housework, before going outside. I still have to weed inside the fence by the pool. We have a fountain surrounded by rose bushes (knock-out roses) and that area needs to be cleaned. Weeding is never-ending, it seems.
And that will be my Wednesday. I really like it when I feel like I've accomplished something.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Regular morning routine, boxes, tea. Kaylee will do laundry and try to find wipes from store, we've been using a bleach, water solution. Beautiful day yesterday...was able to sit out for a bit and read. Finally got a phone appt with Pain doc for the first of June. Took 5 phone calls and me complaining by phone and email. When I reached them yesterday am was told all booked up but I will be out of meds by the fourth. No worries as things got straightened out. Geranium plant looks good and hummers love it and red chair!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. Molli and I lounged in bed for a while.
I think I might have my "She Shed Cat". Just on a whim yesterday, I took Muffin out to the she shed. While she did cry, she was also very curious about the whole thing. She investigated for quite a while, then she hopped up on the back of the couch and started yelling at the birds in the pine trees. When I went out last night for some tv watching, Muffin saw me grab my keys and she MET ME AT THE FRONT DOOR! And out we went. She checked more things out, then jumped into my lap for a couple minutes. I didn't want to push it, so I brought her back to the house. Rick said she laid on the top step, looking out the front door while I was out last night. I think that part of her perhaps not minding the shed so much is that Mollipop isn't out there, so she can have peace. We're going to keep working on it. I'm going to have to take a litter box out there if she continues to spend time with me. I really wanted Mollipop, but she fusses the whole time she's out there. She really doesn't like it.
  • Rick needs to go into work. His time as Financial Secretary/Treasurer is ending in June and he needs to get his stuff in order and all filed, so that he can pass it along to the next person. He wants them to audit his books before he's does, just so he knows things are OK. While he's gone, I'll go outside for a bit.
  • I'll probably do the scooping today, since Rick is doing other stuff.
  • I took a pork shoulder out of the freezer last night and threw it in the fridge. We're going to do pulled pork on the grill for our Memorial Day dinner on Monday. The thing is huge, so it will take a while to thaw.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope your flare-up ends soon. It's hard getting around when you don't feel well.I blew the first disk when I worked in the paper plant. Then they started popping. I'm at four, all in my lower back, and, as long as I'm careful I'm ok. The ortho-weenie does not want to operate because, for the most part, I'm OK. I have a tendency to overdo from time to time, especially when I work outside or when I try to arrange furniture in the house, and then I need the really hot shower and the blanket. No pain pills, because most of the time, a hot shower works wonders. If it's really bad, Rick will give me a gentle massage. When I left the paper plant and started working in an office, that really helped, too. As long as I can do the things I want to do and do my walking, I'm content. It sounds like I'm an invalid....between the damn migraines and my back. I'm not. I'm OK. And I can deal with it. I walk funny for a while, but then I straighten back up. But I'll never be able to work in a factory again.

Yesterday, I finished the weeding around the end of the house, worked my way in back of the house, and then hit a bit of hosta that were weedy. Put my tools away and brought the Tucson and Clarence to the back yard and washed both cars. The birds are really bad this spring; I swear those buggers are sitting on the car mirrors and pooping down the car! Got the cars washed, Rick did their roofs because I can't reach that far. His truck is really bad, too, but he said he'd run it through the car wash. Our house windows have poop and man, you should see the winter pool cover! Nothing but bird poop! Rick is going to have to get out the pressure washer and wash the house off. Rick was working in the front flowerbed, planting flowers and doing some weeding. Molli was in the bedroom window, watching, and when I stopped to talk to Rick, she started yelling. I started talking back to her. She wanted to come outside, so I went in and got her and we walked around the yard for a while. She was satisfied and we came back in the house. Rick says that it's no wonder our cats are so vocal; I talk to them all the time and they're always talking to me about something. I pretty much know what they want, so it's OK. But Dear Richard thinks that centuries ago, I would have been burned at the stake with the girls as my familiars!
  • Breakfast for the girls, did the dishwasher, threw the first load of laundry in the washer, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I have three loads of laundry; I changed the bed sheets yesterday, but left the dirty sheets go til today.
  • Going to spend time in the house for a while and get caught up a bit on housework, before going outside. I still have to weed inside the fence by the pool. We have a fountain surrounded by rose bushes (knock-out roses) and that area needs to be cleaned. Weeding is never-ending, it seems.
And that will be my Wednesday. I really like it when I feel like I've accomplished something.
Winchester Winchester I have 5 herniated disks.:catlove:
Mia6 Mia6 I hope your flare up dissipates soon. :silver: ❤

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Landscape Design job. :) (Not going back to previous job as it is too high risk for Covid 19)
Plant more flowers, get husband to dig multitude of holes for roses, trees, and other plants, Sago Palms, Italian Cypress, more vegetables and herbs for my garden (and his).
Mail pics of my artwork to Doc as he requested to see some of my work.🌺:silver:❤

Status
Not open for further replies.