Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take flannel sheets off the bed and launder. Not sure if they will go back on or not. It is hot in NC right now.
Go to the grocery store.
Try a recipe I clipped from a magazine for gluten free carrot muffins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The bathroom is completely off-limits. It may remain so for the weekend.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, I had to wash my hair in the kitchen sink.....sorry
  • Hair appt tonight right after work
And I think that may be it. For having Monday off work as a holiday, this week sure has dragged by.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The contractor is coming in today to finish the floor and do the last mudding on the drywall. We got the toilet back yesterday, but may lose it again today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scoop the boxes, made the bed
  • We can't both leave to do errands today (somebody has to stay in the house while the contractor is here), so Rick will do the banking, run to Lowes, etc. While he's gone, I need to vacuum a bit, clean the kitchen, Swiffer, and do some general straightening-up around here.
  • I need to go to my sister's to feed their cats and scoop boxes at some point today; while I'm there, I'm going to take a quick shower.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i got the ingredients left after my 'big push' (putting up for the hot summer months) over the last few days, into the freezer. i got things/ingredients organized in the freezers for the next segment, the second 'big push', which i'll be pulling out to thaw as i move through this week.

so far, i have 72 servings/dinner portions put up -- no-beans chili, lasagna (4 pans), turkey enchilada casserole, and mexican chicken casserole (2 pans). later this week (i'm 'on hiatus' for the next few days...:sleep2:...just 'too pooped to pop' right now), i'll be making ham and scalloped potatoes, ham melody casserole, ham and noodles casserole, and a second batch of turkey enchilada casserole.

i also moved more firewood/kindling/newspaper into the back enclosed porch, reorganized my kitchen cabinets (just have one more cabinet to go, at this point), scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash and recycling. i've kept the wood stove going. and i baked a loaf of bread in the bread machine.

a few days ago, i went to the produce auction. i bought: 18 bottles of organic caesar salad dressing (12 ounce bottles) at 33 cents each, six 8-ounce containers of thin sliced smoked honey turkey cold cuts for $2 per, a small (boneless) honey roast ham (about 3 pounds) for $3.50 (will use this ham for sandwiches -- i'll slice it thin while it's still close to frozen, then back into the freezer in portions), and 6 dozen fresh brown eggs at $1/dozen.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today's list is complete!

Visit Kim and the cats.
Do laundry.
Pet the cats some more before heading back to the truck.

A successful day for sure!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm off today, because we're still waiting on them to finish sanding; they're supposed to come in this morning to finish. They were actually here all weekend, both Saturday and Sunday and the bathroom floor is finished. It's all taped and papered because of sanding and painting. We should be able to start painting tonight. Rick does not like the way I paint, so I usually help with the first coat, but then he finishes it alone. I'll probably go into work tomorrow. I have off work this week for vacation (Rick was off last week), but if I can go into work, I will. I hate blowing vacation days if I don't have to.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down, separated laundry, 3.5 miles on the treadmill
  • Will do the laundry today while I'm home
  • Don't know about groceries tonight; I may run down by myself while Rick paints. There's really nothing important that we absolutely need, though, so we'll see.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got a load of laundry washed and almost finished drying -- will fold and put away later this morning.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll move a jar of milk to the fridge to thaw.

i'll check the ingredients in the recipes i'll be making this week, to make sure things that need thawing are being moved to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll watch some tv -- tv shows, and likely a documentary on something or other.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a crazy couple of days with appointments, and such..

Today:
Up early so I could give Artie his regular morning routine before I left.
Regular morning stuff: dishes, breakfast, make bed.. etc
To Church for a Funeral.. then to Cemetery
Home for a cut of tea and a quick snack
quick phone call
Dentist for filling...ouch

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My helper arrives at 8am so she'll do chores I cannot do.
I will wash 3 throws that Callie threw up hairs balls on.
Exercise and read.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is painting today; I came into work because I cannot paint well enough to suit him. Cabinet installation is on Thursday. I did manage to get a bit done yesterday while I was home: organized kitchen cabinets, a fairly good vacuuming, washed the kitchen floor, dusted the living room (even with the bathroom door shut, drywall dust gets all over everything!)
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher
  • Must scoop boxes tonight
  • Maybe grab some groceries tonight (didn't get there yesterday)
  • Must hit Lowes for baseboard and get it painted to install tomorrow night

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick brought me into work this morning; we have to pick up Clarence after work and it's easier to just grab him on the way home from work, rather than go home and then have to run back to town. He passed inspection with flying colors (I would have expected nothing less, considering what he went through last year!).
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, and got ready for work
  • Pick up Clarence from his state inspection at the garage and make an appt for Rick's truck to be inspected
  • The bathroom is painted and Rick will be installing floorboard tonight. I really like the Victorian Plum color; it's different.
  • While he's doing the floorboard, I'll be taking care of the litter boxes and getting the trash down to the road and working on one load of laundry

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll bake two pans (same oven cycle) of ham and scalloped potatoes, then cool/portion/freeze. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow'. i'd like to get the swiss cheese sliced for tomorrow's ham melody casseroles, but we'll see.

i moved the cooked turkey portions to the fridge to thaw, earlier this morning.

after that, i'll likely watch some tv for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom what are you making with the turkey? Is it for you or for the kibblekrunchers?

I could eat some turkey. Still have the bird in the freezer that I was going to make for Thanksgiving (and then we went down to my niece's for dinner). I should get it out and do something with it, I guess....it's been in there now almost four months, so it's probably time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Home today. Bathroom cabinets are being installed. I have to make the second payment on the contracting work; I think she's coming in this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, moved the piano out of the way (by myself and that was a chore and a half!), brought the new mirrors and the legs to the cabinets into the bathroom, drinking my morning coffee now.
  • After the guys leave, I'll do a good vacuuming and dusting in the living room; it will be nice to get the living room back in some semblance of order. It seems like it's been forever with those cartons. The cats are going to miss them though; they've enjoyed playing on them and jumping from one to the other. (We didn't take them out of the cartons because of scratches and possible puking.)
  • Rick bowls tonight, so I'm going to hang out with the Nintendo for a while

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom what are you making with the turkey? Is it for you or for the kibblekrunchers?

I could eat some turkey. Still have the bird in the freezer that I was going to make for Thanksgiving (and then we went down to my niece's for dinner). I should get it out and do something with it, I guess....it's been in there now almost four months, so it's probably time.
i'll be making a second batch of turkey enchiladas casserole -- basically turkey enchiladas, but in a 'lasagna-like' form. i'll portion and freeze it.

i still have one turkey in the freezer too, which i bought just before this past Thanksgiving. i figure i'll roast it in the fall, once the temperature has cooled down.

today i've got some reorganizing to do in one of the upright freezers, will move a bunch of things to the fridge to thaw, then i'll put together and bake the Ham Melody casseroles. i'll cool, portion, and freeze that. then i'll wash the dishes, scoop the boxes, and likely will need to get the wood stove going again (from completely out, no embers left).

the current servings 'put up' count is 90, after yesterday's ham and scalloped potatoes.

after that, i'm almost certain that i'll just make a meal for my cats, then off to bed.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll be making a second batch of turkey enchiladas casserole -- basically turkey enchiladas, but in a 'lasagna-like' form. i'll portion and freeze it.

i still have one turkey in the freezer too, which i bought just before this past Thanksgiving. i figure i'll roast it in the fall, once the temperature has cooled down.

today i've got some reorganizing to do in one of the upright freezers, will move a bunch of things to the fridge to thaw, then i'll put together and bake the Ham Melody casseroles. i'll cool, portion, and freeze that. then i'll wash the dishes, scoop the boxes, and likely will need to get the wood stove going again (from completely out, no embers left).

the current servings 'put up' count is 90, after yesterday's ham and scalloped potatoes.

after that, i'm almost certain that i'll just make a meal for my cats, then off to bed.
i've got those bunch of things moved to the fridge to thaw. i'll move the last item, another bag of cooked turkey, to the fridge to thaw sometime this evening.

ooops! Winchester Winchester -- the turkey i thawed the other day is being used for today's Ham Melody casseroles (basically a chicken cordon bleu casserole). the turkey i'll pull out to thaw later today will be for the turkey enchiladas casserole. quite a bit going on here this week, with cooking.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Things are not going well in the bathroom. One of the cabinets has some problems and we have to send it back. It will take about four weeks to get the replacement cabinet, so we're back to square one. The contractor is coming in this morning to finish installing the cabinets he can install, install the new toilet, etc. But this means that we're set back about a month as it will take that long for the replacement cabinet to come in. That means that templating the counter top and installation is also delayed, as is sink installation. Four more weeks.....lovely, meaning about two months til the whole thing is finished. I hit the ceiling yesterday; this has been Rick's thing, but enough is enough and I was angry. He's working, there are questions and I can't answer them because Rick is supposed to be in "big charge" and has pretty much kept me out of the loop. I get that this is "his" bathroom, but cripes. And at this point, I'm tired of the bathroom clutter that seems to be in every blasted room of the house.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, need to vacuum a bit because I didn't get it done last night, scoop the boxes
  • I'm working from home; there are some things I need to get done for work, so I'm taking the laptop out to the kitchen and will spend the morning working while the contractor is here. I guess it's a semi-vacation. And if the contractor gets out of here by noon, I'm going into the office this afternoon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the Ham Melody came out good yesterday. i hadn't thawed enough cooked turkey for it though, i was doubling the recipe but only thawed enough for a single batch of it. :doh: i quickly found a solution -- simply combined the turkey and ham into one baking pan, and moved forward -- making just one casserole. i do have the second half of the 'sauce' for the doubled recipe left. i froze it yesterday (to give it an extra day or two -- so won't 'turn' or start to go bad), and now have that as well as 3 pints of milk thawing in the fridge. i plan to make two pans of scalloped potatoes on monday, a 9 x 13 pan and an 8 x 8 pan -- which i'll portion and freeze.

total servings put up is now 100.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll put together and bake the two ham and noodles casseroles. then i'll cool, portion, and freeze that.

...sending you :hugs:'s, Winchester Winchester .

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff
Artie's meds
Walked around the building to check out the storm/flooding from different vantage points
Took bathroom apart, to clean
Currently, Washing bathroom linens..

Should be vacuuming.. and/or dusting.. but I have all week-end.. not going to wash floors until the plumber leaves on Monday..

Status
Not open for further replies.