Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- this year i have planned:

meals: (remember, i have that 8 lb ham in the freezer) ham and scalloped potatoes, ham and noodles casserole, ham melody (it's a casserole version of chicken cordon bleu), split pea soup with ham, lasagna, spaghetti sauce with meat, no-beans chili, sloppy joes, mexican hash casserole (using ground chicken), chicken/turkey enchiladas, braised pork ragu, indoor pulled pork, roast chicken (just the chicken taken off the bones -- for sandwiches and/or chicken salad), and this year i'll be making @Mamanyt1953 's Texas Hash recipe instead of making stuffed peppers (basically the same thing, but Texas Hash is like the 'un-stuffed' version).

desserts: cinnamon caramel blondies, cinnamon chip blondies, mint carob brownies, banana bread, carob brownies, (possibly) banana walnut blondies, some oatmeal peanut butter cookie dough balls, cherry nanaimo bars, mint nanaimo bars, brookie bars (new recipe, has one layer of carob chip cookie and one layer of brownie), peanut butter swirl brownies, peanut butter brownies, and carob thumbprint cookie dough balls (which i plan to use mint jelly to fill the thumbprints).

i'll also make several varieties of granola, then vacuum seal in batches.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow' (it's forecast to get up to the mid-40's F here today). after that, i'll add a few items to the list for my next grocery shopping.

this afternoon i'll likely watch some tv shows, or possibly a movie.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- treadmill time
- bake a cheesecake layer for a cake I'm making
- continue to clean out a closet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wow micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom you shouldn't have to cook much at all this summer! That's amazing that you make all that food.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Scoop boxes tonight
  • Try to figure out how to vacuum around here admist all the boxes
  • Nintendo Night!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i actually shouldn't have to cook at all this summer!!! :cloud9: just thaw, heat, and eat...

today i have a phone call to make. after that, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow'.

this afternoon i'll likely watch some tv or a documentary/movie.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, got ready for work
  • Buying paint and fixtures for the bathroom tonight
  • Stop at the grocery store for some ham and cheese (I think we'll have ham and cheese calzones on Saturday night for dinner.
  • Hoping for an early night as I'm really tired today (And by "early" I mean in bed and asleep by 8:00 or 9:00)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry, a quick lunch, then I have to head out to a doctor's appointment. Not sure what the best way to get there is yet :think: My options are two buses or three buses. Both would take about the same amount of time.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Name only 3? Before 7 I feed outside cats , feed foster kitten ,feed senior cat who has no teeth, feed the other adult cat I am caring for, empty dishwasher get my lunch ready, make coffee and then get myself ready for work

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's got either a bad cold or the flu....we're not sure exactly what it is yet. We didn't do anything last night. My co-worker gave me some slices of leftover pizza from the meeting at work yesterday, so we had that for dinner last night. I was in bed by 8:00; Rick came back around 9:00. So now this morning, we have to get done what we didn't do last night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee.
  • Run to Lowes and Home Depot for paint, hit the bank, go to the granite place to put the deposit down for the bathroom counter top, buy light bulbs, buy the sink fixtures, etc.
  • I'm going to put the Winterberry away this afternoon and bring out the Fiesta....I managed to get the large tote out from under the shelf in the basement last night.
  • Wipe the kitchen down and do a quick vacuum

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i hope your Rick feels better soon! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

...not overly much, today. i did all the major things that needed doing yesterday.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll either watch tv or read this afternoon, depending on how tired i feel (after yesterday's efforts).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really much.. perhaps....
Planned on doing a bunch of cleaning.. but, somehow, that feels as if it is not going to happen. I feel lazy..

Will finish Artie's morning meds.. really late on everything
Shower,
use Swiffer.. and perhaps a quick vacuum
Wash a load of clothes..

If I feel up to it: dust furniture, and steam floor, and wash down bathroom.. after picking up Artie's Bathroom.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . If he doesn't soon feel any better, he's going to have to visit the doctor. We don't think it's the flu, at least not yet. It seems like a regular cold.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed
  • I'm working on the second load of laundry
  • Scoop boxes
  • Didn't get all the Winterberry put away yesterday, so finish that up this afternoon

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i'm glad it seems like a regular cold so far! :agree:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. we're forecast to get up to 39 degrees F here today, so the wood stove will be kept going 'low and slow', and the about one inch of snow we got overnight should easily melt away today. i'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine this morning, and slice the loaf after it's had time to cool. i've also got another project to work on this afternoon, for a while.

after that, i'll likely watch a tv show or two. yesterday i watched the movie The Eagle Has Landed, followed by a documentary.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
He seems better this morning. Still coughing, but I don't think it's as bad. Now I have to worry about catching whatever he has. I awakened with a bad headache this morning and I hope it clears out as the day goes on. I am off work today for the Presidents' Day holiday.

All the Winterberry is put away til November and the kitchen is back to our non-holiday look. I do love Fiesta dishes. So many different colors! I still have a snowflake tablecloth on the kitchen table; we ended up with two inches of snow on Saturday night, so it's still appropriate. Not that there'll be much snow left after today with all the rain we're supposed to get. And Tuesday, up to 70 F!
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • I have to clean out the medicine cabinet and get the last of the stuff out of the bathroom; Rick is taking the pet gate down in the hallway before he leaves for a union meeting. He'll be back til the contractor gets here. He put Kilz on some of the walls yesterday. We're not sure what the contractor is going to be doing this morning or how long he'll be here. He has to do new drywall at the location where the closet used to be.
  • Grab a few groceries tonight
  • I'm hoping for an early night as I don't want to start my work week off with a headache

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i'm glad your DH seems better this morning! hoping you don't come down with it......:crossfingers:

how exciting! today the contractor starts work on your bathroom remodeling!! :yess:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow'. i'll slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday, and get some sliced beets and green beans pickling in the fridge. i'll measure and then freeze the beet juice -- will be used to make beet juice jelly, using kool-aid packets...i love the jelly that black cherry kool-aid makes. :redheartpump:

i've already continued work on that project today for a bit.

this afternoon i'll watch some tv, likely Justified -- i'm just starting the 4th season.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The only thing left in the bathroom is the shower and the toilet. They did some rough plumbing yesterday and the electrician came in last night to do a bit of wiring for the new lights. I have all my stuff in a tote, so I had to take my tote with me to the bathroom for my shower this morning. Blew-dry my hair and did my moisturizing and such in the kitchen; I put my make-up mirror out there for now. The only thing is, I can't find my nail polish remover; I have no idea which tote Dear Richard stuck it in. I'm just going to buy more remover for now. Rick is off work this week; I think I'll have to take off work next week. It's.....interesting. :)

There are small holes in the floor for the new plumbing and the cats are very intrigued by the holes. The whole time the contractors were in the bathroom, Muffin was in there su-purr-vising. Tabby was hanging out in the bathtub watching every move. Mollipop was in the hallway, investigating the men's toolkits. Thankfully, they seemed to like cats. I kept bringing them out of the bathroom, but they kept going in back in. One of the men said that nothing seems to phase our cats; they're all really curious. He says most cats hide. Not ours! They're right in the midst of it all! I told the guy that the kids are used to things; when we did the kitchen over, they were all over everything then, too. I finally gave them a bit of a cat nip party, gave them a snack, and put them all back to bed, Muffin in her buggy in the computer room. That worked for a couple of hours and got them out of the guys' hair. The men even got a kick out of that.

Rick's got a sinus headache; I'm on day 2 of the Headache from Hades. The pain isn't too bad this morning, but I have a Planning Commission meeting after work, so things could be ugly by then.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, grabbed a shower and got ready for work
  • I brought Clarence into work today and we had to stop for gas; I figured it was OK because our temp is to be in the mid-60's today and tomorrow. That gives him a good chance to get out for a while.
  • I need to call for an appointment to get Clarence inspected
  • We didn't make it for groceries last night with everything else going on, so we'll try to get there tonight.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finishing up laundry. I have to spray the weeds in the flower beds that are showing. Spring is on the way. I use a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water and dawn detergent. It kills the weeds. It is safe for cats. Then hubby has some pine straw to refresh the beds a bit. It blows hard where I live and we are missing some. I plan to work some more on tax stuff this evening. I have a few of his shirts to iron somewhere in between other stuff to do.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I never got home to stay last night until 9:00. Didn't even bother with dinner, cleaned up a bit and hit the bed. Commission meetings can be tiresome, plus the groceries, plus having to go to Lowes for grout. You know, there are a bazillion kinds of grout on the market! All different colors, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, grabbed a quick shower and here I am
  • My director and I have a meeting with DEP this morning to discuss some septic issues we're seeing on plans
  • Trash night tonight
  • If Rick doesn't get to the laundry today, I'll do it tonight. He's off this week because of the bathroom revo, but that doesn't mean he's getting to other chores

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had part of a turkey breast from my freezer. Now part of it is turkey salad and part is in the pot for turkey noodle soup.
Not sure what the rest of the day will be, but there is always something that needs doing at my house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully, Dear Richard did the laundry and the trash, so that was off my list for the night.

Contractors have the drywall up and mudded. Half of the sub-floor is down. Rick told me to make sure I use the restroom at work before I leave this afternoon. I mentioned a camping toilet to Rick, but he said he didn't it was really necessary. I told him that's because he's not a woman! Oh boy!

Mollipop is having no-bathroom-sink issues. She's used to coming into the bathroom with me and hanging out in the sink. Well, there's no sink. This morning, she came in, walked over to where the sink is supposed to be and let out this long, drawn-out wail. "Where's my sink?" Then she hopped up on my lap so I could give her sympathy. Later on, after breakfast, we heard the wail again. She was back in the bathroom, wondering where her sink was. Poor baby. And there's no litter box in the bathroom; we had to put it in the computer room. I don't think she's happy about that either.

All in all, the cats are doing ok, I guess. They're not happy with all the pounding and noise. We had to run the fan in the bathroom all night to help dry the mud and they weren't happy about that either.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed and grabbed a quick shower
  • A bit of vacuuming and a quick Swiffer about the living room and kitchen tonight (as best I can amidst the boxes)
  • Rick's been scooping the boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.