Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Prepping for my commercial drivers licence annual physical,so my weekends list is....

No carbs or sugars.
Lots of water.
Lots of rest.

Starting now. Ok,maybe after lunch. Oooo,and a great dinner would be nice so maybe tomorrow. You know,if I just don't eat anything all day Sunday I would be fine monday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher and I'm sitting back here with my coffee (Rick will scoop today)
  • Hit Target or BB and B for some shelf paper for the bathroom cabinets that are installed; then I can start moving some things in. No sinks or anything, but we're dealing. It will be nice to get rid of some of the clutter, esp back here in the computer room.
  • We never did make it to the store for groceries this week, so we're going to have to stop for canned cat food; we're down to pretty much shreds and bits, with only a couple cans of pate (Tabby gets shreds and bits sometimes, but the other cats won't eat them).
  • A good vacuuming throughout the house

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. after the dishes and boxes, i'll get the two casseroles put together and bake them. then i'll cool, portion, and freeze them. i'll wash the dishes from today's baking.

that will bring the total servings put up count to 130 -- 15 from yesterday's efforts, and another 15 from today's efforts.

if i get everything done early enough, i'll watch a tv show or a documentary.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, sorted laundry, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, stripped the bed
  • Working on the second of three loads of laundry
  • Must take Rick's truck into the garage for state inspection; I don't think the truck will pass as the tires don't look good at all.
  • Work on a new grocery list; hopefully we'll make it for groceries on Monday
  • Manicure tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll prep the potatoes for making scalloped potatoes tomorrow -- slice them thin, into water, then put in the fridge.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

after that, i'll likely watch a movie or documentary (-ies).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm allergic to mornings. Monday mornings particularly.

We think Mollipop is going through "bathroom sink withdrawal" :lol:. She's so used to going into the bathroom, sitting in the bathroom sink and rubbing her muzzle on the faucet. Well, we haven't had a sink now for a couple of weeks and, this morning, Rick said he heard a very mournful meow coming from the bathroom again. He went in and Molli was sitting on one of the cabinets and meowing; she's been doing this, not every day, but quite often. She seemed very upset and he thinks it's because there's no sink. Poor baby. When I opened the basement door to come upstairs after my treadmill time, she was right there waiting for me. I picked her up and as we "toured" the basement for a couple minutes, she was telling me all about it. "Meow, meow, merrow, merrow" and so on. We usually tour the basement after my treadmill time, then we go upstairs together.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Never did get the grocery list done over the weekend, so I need to find some time today to work on something, so we can grab a few things tonight.
  • Scoop the boxes tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww......poor Molli!! :petcat:i'm sure it's hard on all of you, having your bathroom in an 'in-between' stage for now.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll put together and bake the two pans of scalloped potatoes, then portion and freeze them. later this afternoon/evening, i'll move the ground beef for the meat loaves to the fridge to thaw -- will be making those on friday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were both in bed and pretty much sound asleep around 9:30 or so last night. I slept straight through until Rick's phone chirped this morning at 4:45.
Expecting a delivery from Home Depot sometime today.
Rick brought me into work this morning as we should be able to go into the garage to pick up his truck from being inspected. He needs to call to see if it's ready.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher and got ready for work
  • Pick the truck up after work today (hopefully)
  • Scoop the boxes, do a quick vacuum

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finish up with my income tax preparation. Have appointment later this week to see tax person.
I have a recipe for gluten free carrot muffins. I want to bake those. I have a few pieces of ironing that I will do. I try hard not to stack it up for a full day's work. I need to call a few friends and check on them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've started gathering the (few) ingredients for a big batch of spaghetti sauce i'll make tomorrow -- i'll add some browned ground beef to it, then freeze most of it in usable portions. i took out the trash, and have kept the wood stove going. i moved the ground beef for friday's meatloaf making to the fridge to thaw.

this afternoon i'll wash the few dishes i've accumulated, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll likely watch a movie or documentary.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Depending on who you believe, we are either in the 1-3-inch range or 3-6-inch range for snow today. Rick brought me into work this morning; the roads aren't bad at all now, but most of our snow is to come later on this morning and then go into tonight. We've been fairly lucky snow-wise and I'm not complaining.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, and grabbed a (really!) quick shower
  • Work on laundry tonight
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll get a loaf of bread going in the bread machine (will need a good portion of that for the 4 cups of fresh bread crumbs, for the meat loaves i'll be making on friday), then i'll get the spaghetti sauce going. while that's simmering (for 1 1/2 to 2 hours), i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and brown (and drain off the fat from) the ground beef.

once the sauce is done and the ground beef added to it, i'll portion into containers and freeze most of it. and that should be my day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is going to be a 'rest day for me...

Just regular morning stuff
Artie meds
perhaps a quick swiffer and/or laundry
Nothing else at all..

Watching the rain/snow come down.. and hang out on the computer, watching an old movie.. and catching up on some TV shows..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with no snow at all; it turned into rain with snow mixed-in from time to time. That was it. :yess:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, got ready for work
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
  • A quick vacuum
  • Nintendo night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll take the lids off the containers of meat sauce (currently in the fridge) and drain off the condensation from them. then i'll make labels, put those into fold-over sandwich bags and into the containers, and then off to the freezer for the containers of meat sauce! i'll slice up the loaf of bread i made yesterday. then i'll use the food processor to make the 4 cups of fresh bread crumbs i need for tomorrow's meat loaves.

after that, i've got the last little bit of work on my budget, starting the grocery shopping list, and a bit of planning to work on.

i'm hoping to have some time in the later afternoon to watch some tv, or possibly play some computer games.

the current servings put up is now at 162 -- after the scalloped potatoes and the big batch of meat sauce.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, you guys are successfully "adulting". lol I'm working on that one. I have....
  • Woke up
  • Called and made a Dr's appt
  • Thinking about calling and rescheduling a breast biopsy that I have put off for 3 months before my GP rips me a new one for not having this done
Yup, that's as far as I've made it today. It's my day off. I can be lazy and procrastinate if I wanna. Right? lol

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I got out of bed this morning. Seriously, that in itself was an achievement. For a while there, Rick didn't think I was going to even get that far.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, general straightening-up in the kitchen, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Must hit the grocery store during my lunch hour today for sliced pineapple and maraschino cherries (a pineapple upside down cake is on my agenda for tomorrow). I have two cans of chunked pineapple and two cans of crushed pineapple. But do I have any sliced pineapple? Oh no, that would be too easy.
  • Rick says he needs a hair cut, so we're going down tonight.
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'm waiting for the two jars of milk that i need for the meat loaves making to thaw, so that isn't happening today -- will likely be tomorrow. i do have the fresh bread crumbs all made for it and the ground beef thawed, though.

i'll work a bit on some planning, and do up a meal plan to base my next grocery shopping on -- won't need to buy anything much for dinners, as i've got most of those 'put up' for quite a while now.

after that, i'll watch a documentary, and possibly a tv show or two.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I vacuumed. Dumped and washed a couple litter boxes and have yet to clean the bathroom. May do it tomorrow or in a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.