Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today, i've got bread making in the bread machine. i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes a little later this morning. i've got some planning to work on today too. and i'll keep the wood stove going. i still need to slice, individually wrap, then freeze that second cake.

after that, i'll either read or watch some tv.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom you've made me hungry for coffee cake now! I have a great recipe for a good crumb cake and am thinking about throwing one together. I'll need to get some sour cream. Thanks!
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher (I know, I need to get back on the treadmill; for some reason I'm really having trouble getting back into my morning walking routine)
  • Scoop boxes tonight
  • Still have a load of white to wash

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're welcome, Winchester Winchester ! :D i used the recipe you posted, for Classic Sour Cream Coffee Cake, for the ones i baked. i didn't have sour cream, so i used plain yogurt in the recipe -- it turned out fine.

the loaf of bread is now cooling, will slice it later on. and i've started on the planning.

edited to add: now i've got cake baking on my mind....and with that thought, here's what i found over at smitten kitchen -- Search Results for “coffee cake” – smitten kitchen ......:thud:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TGIF! This has been a very slow week for us and we're ready for the weekend.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • During my lunch break, I must pay for the new bathroom window
  • Scoop the boxes and do some general straightening-up in the kitchen

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes -- shortly. i'll keep the wood stove going, as it's quite cold (15 degrees F currently, and forecast to be a high of 16 degrees) and the snow is steadily coming down. :sigh:

i'll also continue work on some planning today.

after that, i'll either read or watch some tv. yesterday i watched a documentary about Kim Philby, the Soviet spy. that was really interesting!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff
Give Artie a lot of attention-- he lacked it yesterday
Noontime Mass
? out for a late lunch with a friend..
nothing else planned......

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to wait for this load of laundry to be done so I can toss in the next load to wash. Then I'm going to the supermarket before it starts snowing. Then I'm going to attempt to clean off my desk and dresser. No idea where I'm going to put most of the stuff. Later I have to be online remotely so an IT guy can fiddle with my laptop settings to get a work printer to print properly.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
you're welcome, Winchester Winchester ! :D i used the recipe you posted, for Classic Sour Cream Coffee Cake, for the ones i baked. i didn't have sour cream, so i used plain yogurt in the recipe -- it turned out fine.

the loaf of bread is now cooling, will slice it later on. and i've started on the planning.

edited to add: now i've got cake baking on my mind....and with that thought, here's what i found over at smitten kitchen -- Search Results for “coffee cake” – smitten kitchen ......:thud:
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Do you have her book? I think I gained ten pounds while reading it! It's excellent. (I'm talking about the first one; now I see she has a second cookbook out now, too.)

And good grief, I think I need to try this version of stromboli! stromboli

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent three hours making a birthday card for my friend's cat today; said cat was most pleased and nibbled its edges. :petcat:

I spilt (well, more like accidentally pinged the lid off and chucked the contents everywhere) an entire container of coffee whitener all over the kitchen today. It was all over the worktop, nestled in all the wee nooks and crannies on the gas hob, and all over the floor. So, I obviously had to clear it up. And lucky me, I had a wee helper, Parker, who thought skidding about and rolling in it were great fun. :sigh:

I had a swift furminate of Dudley and Parker today but quickly became so overwhelmed by fluff that I had to stop for the sake of my ticklishness. :fear:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Brian007 Brian007 I had to :lol: at your story of the spill. I'm sure it was all over everything! Thanks for the chuckle.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed and am working on some laundry this morning, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • Errands: banking, pick up the flooring for the bathroom, pick up some paint samples for the bathroom, pick up the new toilet (which, they say, has finally come in), a brief trip to the store for some Super Bowl munchies for tomorrow, return a couple books to the library
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer
  • Wipe down the kitchen and bathroom

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Do you have her book? I think I gained ten pounds while reading it! It's excellent. (I'm talking about the first one; now I see she has a second cookbook out now, too.)

And good grief, I think I need to try this version of stromboli! stromboli
no, i don't buy cookbooks these days. although, if i did buy them, i would be buying hers!! :D

i was looking at her cake recipes, and especially her cake tips page. really interesting, and a great idea, that she freezes her cakes before assembling the layers into a layer cake -- especially when they're 9x13 layers!

yes, i saw that stromboli recipe there too! it looks really good!! :yummy:

today, i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes -- not long from now. i'll keep the wood stove going. i'll also move a 2 lb package of boneless chicken chunks to the fridge to thaw, this evening -- will be making some chicken nuggets in a few days.

this afternoon, i'll continue work on some planning. and then i'll resume the episode of History Detectives i was watching yesterday -- about Glenn Miller and the details surrounding his disappearance, plane going down in the English Channel. i'm a long time fan of Glenn Miller, the man and his music.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, there is nothing quite like the first sip of good, hot coffee in the morning. :yess: Especially with a hunk of freshly made New York Style Crumb Cake. :yess: again! (I forgot to get sour cream yesterday, but did have a cup of buttermilk in the freezer, so I got that out, defrosted it in the microwave and made the crumb cake instead of the coffee cake. Yum.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and cleaned up a mess from when Muffin decided to counter-surf and dumped my plant on the floor. The planter shattered into a bazillion pieces, soil was everywhere and the poor plant was flattened. I've had this blasted plant for over two years, ever since the public sale of Rick's parents' house and nobody has ever bothered it. Rick brought up another planter, but it's a wee bit bigger than the old one and I need more soil....and I'm not running into town today for planting soil as it's snowing like crazy. I have a bag of soil at work and will bring it home on Monday. What a mess that was. Darn Muffin, anyway.
  • Working on the last load of laundry. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • Work on the grocery list
  • I brought a document home from work to proofread; I've done so much work on that thing that I can't really see it anymore. Will get that done this afternoon
  • While Rick watches the Super Bowl tonight, I'll start Season 4 of the X-Files (and read)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Today started off with the dramatic palaver that was a distressed Parker running around with lumps of sticky poo stuck to his thigh and paw. He's very fluffy and white. So, MANY baby wipes later and brushing him upside-down, squirming, squeaking, and wriggling, he was left with more of a smear and less of a dollop, which he then managed to clean off himself. Clever boy. Then came the floor splat poo hunt to clean up, rugs in the wash, and the litter cleaned. And, hands washed thoroughly, several times.

Only then could I put the kettle on for my first much appreciated cup of coffee (and chocolate - I'm a glutton) of the day.

I'm going to finish watching 'Feud: Bette and Joan', which is about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford's relationship throughout and after making 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane', staring Jessica Lang as Crawford and Susan Sarandon as Davis. It's on catch-up and runs out tomorrow, and I've still got two and a half episodes to go, so best get on with it. It's a hard life but someone's got to do it.

Then later this evening, is a garlic bread, humous, and cheese fest with my friend.

Busy day. :rolleyes2:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i crumbled up another bag of freeze dried chicken treats, into toppers and small pieces, for my three. my cats also had 'salon day', aka claw trimming -- with the customary treats, as a 'thank you' from me for allowing me to trim their claws. :catrub: all three cats were 'good as gold' -- no wiggling or squirming at all!

i shoveled the driveway -- there wasn't enough snow to bother with the lawn tractor with snow blower, just about 3 +/- inches. then i moved more firewood to the back enclosed porch. i estimate that i have 8 face cords there right now, give or take. i likely moved about 3 face cords today. i also did a few little household things, like refilled the sugar canister.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Super bowl just started,so I am about to start driving. Best time to drive a truck is during the game,then shut down for a few hours right after its over so the drunken masses can "drive" home.

During my shut down time after the game I'm gonna get a good meal in me(tomato soup heated in my little portable stove)and take a nap(my favorite part of my work day!).

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super bowl just started,so I am about to start driving. Best time to drive a truck is during the game,then shut down for a few hours right after its over so the drunken masses can "drive" home.

During my shut down time after the game I'm gonna get a good meal in me(tomato soup heated in my little portable stove)and take a nap(my favorite part of my work day!).
Sounds like a nice plan. Your profile cat, what's their name? Reminds me very much of a cat I used to know, his name was Midnight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
About four inches here, along with some sleet and freezing rain mixed in. Rick brought me into work, not really because of the roads, but because he didn't feel like cleaning two vehicles this morning.

On the way into work (we were driving north), the southbound lanes were shut down. Two trailer trucks in an accident with one completely on its side. We hate seeing things like that and we both said we hope the drivers are OK. It didn't look pretty. And like I said, both southbound lanes are shut down, so it's going to get ugly.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, grabbed a really quick shower, and Rick and I came to work
  • Must work on the grocery list; didn't get it done yesterday and then grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- I think take my mother to the eye dr to pick up glasses.
- Target.
- Take down my Patriots flags and put up my Valentine's Day flags. :flail::flail::flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.