Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up dragging Dear Richard out of bed this morning. I kept hearing Ms. Pepe yelling for breakfast, but I did not hear Amber muttering. And that scared me. I kept listening and listening, but no Amber. So I finally awakened Rick, told him that I was hearing Pepe, but not Amber. I didn't know if she'd gotten outside somehow or if something had happened to her. We got out of bed, got dressed, I walked out the hallway to the living room and Amber met me at the end of the hallway. Whew! She started yelling at me then about breakfast and she was hungry and all that. I didn't care.....she was OK! When you've heard a cat every single morning forever, and then you don't hear that cat, it can be worrisome, esp since she's getting up there in years. Rick was not amused, but well, Amber is OK.
  • Breakfast for the kids
  • I have a pineapple upside down cake baking in the oven. We're going to friends for dinner tonight; she asked me to bring dessert and that's what Rick chose. Then I cleaned the kitchen from baking.
  • Scoop the boxes later on this morning
  • Banking, Target, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll get the two boneless pork loin roasts in the brine (for the Indoors Pulled Pork i'll make tomorrow -- thank you Winchester Winchester , for sharing that wonderful recipe :D) and put them in the fridge. then i'll get the meat loaves made/baked. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

after that, i'll likely watch something on the tv.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably should get going:running:... Target run, pick up more meds, pet store for more raw food.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
regular morning stuff
Artie's meds
Quick vacuum
Stripped, washed bed stuff
and then off to grocery store--hopefully
Get to optician, to have eyeglasses adjusted. Somehow these frames are always getting crooked... love the wire frames, but they are so delicate.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'm making that indoors pulled pork. it's in the oven now, and in about 15 minutes i'll pull off the aluminum foil covers and parchment papers, drain off the pan drippings into a container and put that in the freezer (to help the fat rise to the top), then back into the oven for the two pans for another 1 1/2 hours. while that finishing it's roasting, i'll move the ground beef and some tomato paste to the fridge to thaw (for making some of @Mamanyt1953 's Texas Hash, coming up this week), scoop the litter boxes, and wash the dishes. if i'm able to squeeze in making three liters of grape soda, and vacuum sealing and freezing 7 half meat loaves, then i'll do so. once the pork comes out of the oven, i'll cool it for a bit, then shred it and mix the Lexington bbq sauce (already made two batches, except adding the half cup of defatted pan drippings) into them. the pork bbq will be put into a large container with lid, then into the spare fridge to cool overnight -- i'll vacuum seal in portions tomorrow. i'll see if the two roasting pans will need washing (i carefully lined with aluminum foil); if so, i'll get that done too.

and that should be the rest of my day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I ended up spending the majority of Sunday in bed with a migraine. And this one? I don't get it. No alcohol, no chocolate, no peanuts, no wine, no deli, no nothing. I had dinner Saturday night with friends, but only drank water (didn't even have coffee). And yet, I awakened Sunday morning with broken vision and pain. I give up. I still have it this morning, but it's not nearly as bad and I'm hoping this is the end of it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Stopped for gas on my way into work
  • I've got a very l-o-n-g Planning Commission meeting tonight after work; I told Rick I'd be home when I got home and not to worry. Lots of stuff going on around here. (So I doubt we'll get for groceries; Rick is running down to Lowes and to Target for meds when he gets home.)
  • Scoop the boxes tonight

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
100_3267.JPG
I did several loads of laundry this morning. Then I got in a baking mood. This is what I made. The muffins are gluten free carrot/raisin and the pies are pecan. Sometimes I just get in a baking mood.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yum blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 They look wonderful! I haven't had a pecan pie in quite a while.

The Planning Commission meeting didn't go as long as we thought it would and I was home by 6:30 last night. But it was already snowing by then and we didn't feel like going back out for groceries, so we'll do that tonight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've just got to wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take out a small bag of trash, and keep the wood stove going. i did all the major things, and quite a bit of the minor ones too, yesterday.

i reorganized in two of the freezers yesterday. damn but it was cold on my hands, handling all the frozen items. :cold: i ended up putting on my fleece lined winter gloves shortly into doing that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, sorted the laundry for tonight, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, and have the wood stove going nicely.

i've got a group of items to move to the fridge to thaw and other items to gather together (for tomorrow's Texas Hash making). i'll also hard boil some eggs. i'll slice the loaf of bread this afternoon.

after that, i'll likely watch some tv. yesterday, i watched a Frontline documentary, Abacus: Small Enough to Jail. that was very interesting! and then another documentary about the complex relations over many years between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now I have the Shark robot vacuum turned on and going all over the floors. I love it.
Later, I want to work on organizing my file cabinet. I have a lot of cleaning out to do after finishing up taxes preparations. I have a load of dark clothes that needs to meet the Speed Queen.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Finishing up morning stuff
finishing up Artie's meds
warm up car, while cleaning snow off of it.
Noontime Mass...
cruise down beach to see snow amounts
Home..
there is a special session at church tonight; it being Lent.. I am thinking of attending..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill (I was lazy today, started out at 3.7 mph and kept it there. No speed increases this morning), made the bed, and grabbed a quick shower.
  • Rick has a dental appt late this afternoon, so I'll be in charge of getting The Beast out to pee when I get home and then giving the kids supper. I need to scoop boxes tonight.
  • Nintendo night for me while Rick bowls.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, then get started making the Texas Hash. i'll make it without the rice, since i'll be freezing most of it, and will make some rice separately for the amount i keep refrigerated/will be eating for the next few days. i'll wash the dishes from cooking while the Texas Hash is simmering, and the big stock pot i'll be using will get washed after the recipe is finished cooking. then i'll scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll watch some tv.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
All the regular morning stuff.. including Artie's meds
Call for a hair appointment
getting taxes done this afternoon
meeting at church tonight...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but the cats talked us into it. When it's time for breakfast, the cats want their breakfast. NOW!
  • Breakfast for our little darlings, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Errands tonight: Lowes, Target, etc.
  • Scoop boxes
And then I'm going to bed. It's been a long week.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got the wood stove going, and i got the condensation drained off the lids of the Texas Hash containers (put labels in them, in snack size zipper bags) and moved them to the freezer.

this afternoon, i'll get the rest of the bread slices (that i've been drying, to make a batch of bread crumbs) broken up, then run it all through the food processor. then i'll add the spices to the crumbs, to make seasoned bread crumbs. i'll measure out what i need for the meatballs recipe i'll be making early next week, and set that aside.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes, then work on some planning.

after that, i'll watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, I'm glad today is Saturday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • We're going to order the shower tile and border this morning, I need to stop at the grocery.
  • A bit of housework this afternoon and I need to straighten-up some things in the basement. Rick will be outside, hauling the cut wood from our trees.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll be making a big batch of sloppy joes, which i'll portion and freeze. it's a Pioneer Woman recipe -- her recipes are incredible...:cloud9: i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going too.

if i have time later this afternoon, i'll watch a little tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.