Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Aw geez, it's even too hot for us! Hot and really steamy today. We have the fans running and it's just a mess.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, went into the garage to pick up Rick's truck, and stopped at the grocery store on my way back. Rick went down to Lowe's for salt for the water softener.
  • I'm working on a chocolate chiffon pie for our picnic tonight and I can't get the chocolate mixture to set up....even in the fridge. I'm going to have to try to stabilize the whipped cream so it doesn't get messy on me. I made the broccoli salad.
  • If I ever get this chiffon pie finished and ready for the fridge, then I'm going out to mow yard. The weeds are thriving if nothing else.
  • Did two loads of laundry this morning; still have to get the trash down to the road for pick-up tomorrow morning.
To be honest, I'm almost ready to bag the picnic and the fireworks, and head out to the pool for the rest of the day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Til I got everything done in the kitchen yesterday, it was around noon and no way was I going outside at that time of the day. Ick. But the chocolate chiffon pie did set up nicely and the whipped cream worked out as well, so life was good. We went over to my sister for our picnic; there was a delay with the fireworks program and they never got started until after 10:30 last night. It was a nice show.
  • Alas back to work this morning, finally dragged my body out of bed a little after 6:00. Pepe was screaming bloody murder, but I ignored her. Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, and got ready for work. (Meanwhile Rick is busy in the basement, taking stuff out to truck; he's making a trip to the landfill this morning....all the scrap and material from our bathroom redo. I might actually be able to walk around in the basement tonight!)
  • Dropped some books off at the library on my way in this morning
  • It's trying to rain; if it holds off, I may get the front yard mowed tonight
Not much else. Having a holiday in the middle of the week kind of messes me up.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i mowed my yard yesterday -- the lawn, the grass itself had barely grown at all in two weeks, but the weeds were growing tall enough! :headshake: so i mowed because we were forecast to get rain today -- and it finally started raining (relatively heavily) about 30-45 minutes ago. :yess:

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, made 3 liters of soda, moved a pint of milk and a jar of meat sauce to the fridge to thaw, and have a loaf of bread making in the bread machine.

i'll watch some tv this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm going to have to mow today, unless it rains; we worked on some other stuff last night. The local weather weenies were calling for t-storms this morning. Kudos for getting your lawn done! Like your yard, our weeds are growing, but that's about it.

The bathroom is almost finished. Still need the shower doors. I'm looking for a certain picture frame and am not having a lot of luck finding the one I want. Rick did the trim in white; I wasn't sure I'd like the white trim against the natural window and door frames, but it looks great.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • Hit Target for meds, Michaels to look at picture frames, Home Depot to look at material for blinds, the library in town, the butcher shop, Giant for eggs and quart freezer bags, etc.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • My 20 pounds of blueberries came in yesterday; I got half of them into bags for the freezer, but ran out of bags. I'll finish them up today. I love blueberries. It's a fundraiser for our local Kiwaniis.
  • We're going down to the grands tomorrow (and to see the ten puppies our canine granddaughter gave birth to! I am NOT bringing a puppy home! I am NOT! But I'd love to.) and they have requested broccoli salad and a blueberry buckle. I'll make that tonight. Everybody seems to want broccoli salad lately; I just made some for the July 4 picnic with my sister and BIL.
  • Mow the yard at some point, I hope.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , mowing the lawn that day was almost the only thing i did (washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes too), and then took a shower. it was exceedingly hot that day. i could literally feel the sun burning my arms as i mowed!

i'm thinking i'll make a batch of carob walnut fudge today, as the high is forecast to be mid-70's. i bought some maple flavored marshmallows at the auction this week, and will use those instead of plain marshmallows in it. i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday.

i've already moved a pint of milk to the fridge to thaw, and woke up (to give my three their early morning snack) just in time to get the trash and recycling cans to the curb for pick up today. :yess:

this afternoon i'll work on some planning, and i've already spent some time with my budget today. i'll also do some research online.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whoa micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Maple flavored marshmallows? That's interesting!

The weather finally broke around here and it's so cool and fresh. I'm wearing sweatpants! And we needed a blanket last night.

Rick got the front and sides of the yard mowed last night. It was pretty dark til he drove the mower into the shed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, scooped the boxes, doing one load of laundry today (Amber ate her breakfast, went under the couch, and promptly puked said breakfast up. Rick got under there and cleaned.)
  • Going to visit grands and puppies today
  • We might (might) stop at Whole Foods on the way home today. It just opened and I'm curious. I used to like Whole Foods (or Whole Paycheck, as the case may be), but haven't been in since Amazon took it over. I've heard some not-so-nice things about the store since Amazon took it. I do wish there was a Penzey there.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup, Winchester Winchester , maple flavored marshmallows! :yummy: they're shaped like discs (but not completely flat), and have a poke in the middle of them -- i assume, so they're easier to put on a stick to roast.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and slice/freeze in portions the better part of the fudge i made yesterday.

i've already moved a pint of milk to the fridge to thaw, and paid a couple bills.

this afternoon, i'll continue work on some planning and on my budget.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Maple-flavored marshmallows. Yum.

A very full day yesterday. Playing with the grands (and 10 Golden puppies!) tuckered us out. We got home around 8:00 or so. It was really a great day. Sarah and I enjoyed some good conversation about cooking and cake decorating; she wants a cake decorating kit for Christmas this year. She and I had a Lego session, too; it was just the two of us for a while, but then the guys came in and took over. Caleb and Grandpa threw some darts. We wanted to play Monopoly, but Grandpa and I had to leave to get home to get The Beast out to pee. Oh, and did I mention puppies? Ten puppies? :cloud9: I slept very well last night.

Sarah wants to come up to us for a "baking" weekend. I'm thinking that when Rick goes to Miami in September, I may go down, pull her out of school on Friday, and bring her home for the weekend then.
  • Our normal breakfast routine with the kids. I'm sitting back here with my coffee and a slice of toast slathered with apple butter.
  • Stripped the bed down and am working on laundry.
  • While Rick finishes the yard mowing today, I'm going to work in the house.
  • Manicure tonight. I found a lovely grey nail polish on clearance that I want to try.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- Puppies, and ten of them! :cloud9: golden retrievers too! :D

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll cook some spaghetti to go with the meat sauce i have thawed in the fridge.

i'll continue with some planning this afternoon.

after that, i'll watch something on tv, and spend the rest of the day relaxing with my cats! :redheartpump:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh, they are adorable! Life is just awesome with puppies!

I got the yard finished last night. Rick burned a large pile of weeds and brush, but has already started another pile. I came in the house, grabbed a quick shower, and went to bed. I think I was asleep in about five minutes.....just not sleeping well at all. And this morning, it's back to normal. Rick is back to work and I'm in the office, too. Darn it. The three-day weekend was nice and I could get used to them.
  • The breakfast routine, 1 mile on the treadmill with the rest of my time walking around the house, general straightening-up, made the bed
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they are adorable! Life is just awesome with puppies!

I got the yard finished last night. Rick burned a large pile of weeds and brush, but has already started another pile. I came in the house, grabbed a quick shower, and went to bed. I think I was asleep in about five minutes.....just not sleeping well at all. And this morning, it's back to normal. Rick is back to work and I'm in the office, too. Darn it. The three-day weekend was nice and I could get used to them.
  • The breakfast routine, 1 mile on the treadmill with the rest of my time walking around the house, general straightening-up, made the bed
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes
You have more willpower than I do. I'd brought a puppy or two home. :lol::blush:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
N nansiludie Well, to be honest, The Beast has pretty much soured me forever on dogs. Her problems with anxiety and stress have removed any kind of pleasure of having her in the house. As much as I loved playing with the puppies and cuddling with them, when it comes right down to it, I never want another dog in the house. Ever. If that sounds harsh, well, OK. We'll dog-sit Beatrice, our granddog and the mother of the puppies. They're keeping one of the pups, too, and they can bring both dogs to us while they go on vacation or such and when they come home to visit. But that's it.

Now, kittens......:) Well, that's another story!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N nansiludie Well, to be honest, The Beast has pretty much soured me forever on dogs. Her problems with anxiety and stress have removed any kind of pleasure of having her in the house. As much as I loved playing with the puppies and cuddling with them, when it comes right down to it, I never want another dog in the house. Ever. If that sounds harsh, well, OK. We'll dog-sit Beatrice, our granddog and the mother of the puppies. They're keeping one of the pups, too, and they can bring both dogs to us while they go on vacation or such and when they come home to visit. But that's it.

Now, kittens......:) Well, that's another story!
Nope. I completely understand that. I have an outside dog, he prefers it that way. An indoor-outdoor dog who ought to be just outdoor but he'd not be happy so I deal with him. He's a fluffy black tornado of a dog. And there is a one smaller sweet little bassett hound who's indoor-outdoor as well. I won't have another dog in the house either. :runaround: I don't like dog smell so everyone gets a weekly shower and daily wipedown with doggy wipes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We took The Beast in when Rick's father passed away. We really didn't want her going to a shelter, so we figured this was her best bet. But even our son said on Saturday that bringing her home was a big mistake and we never should have done it. Her stress levels and constant anxiety, even on meds, are ridiculous.
  • The breakfast routine, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general straightening-up, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Clarence and I stopped for gas on our way to work
  • I have a hair appt today right after work
  • Must scoop boxes tonight
Rick is working OT this week (he is not amused as he hates OT with a passion).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick took a vacation day today and we're running into the farmers' market during lunch. He purposely took today off, just for the market; he loves having lunch there. I think next week, he'll start taking Mondays off for the next couple of months.
  • The breakfast routine, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general clean-up, sorted laundry, grabbed a quick shower
  • Trash night, laundry night (maybe Dear Richard will be kind and do the laundry today)
  • A quick vacuum about the house

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thursday....one more day til Friday, then the weekend
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • I'm in big charge with The Beast tonight; I'll have to take her out when I get home and then feed the kids
  • Didn't get the vacuuming done last night, so I'll have to do it tonight. Will scoop the boxes first.
  • I might make some blueberry muffins tonight. I found a muffin recipe from Cook's Country that I'd like to try and I can bring leftovers into work tomorrow morning.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the library waiting for the drop in tech help session. I finally got a Fire 8 HD tablet (had to redeem some reward points so it was free:yess:) and need help getting it set up. The tablet keeps crashing my home Internet service:doh: There's an older woman in the computer cubicle in front of me who keeps clearing her throat loudly :cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe:

Then I need to find a sleeve or case for said tablet because I know it'll be dropped quite a few times:rolleyes:

Not sure if I want to take a meditative walk today:think: Maybe I'll just walk home from the library instead of taking the bus.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, moved a 2 oz 'pat' of tomato paste to the fridge to thaw.

that's pretty much it for today. it's exceedingly hot here, 89 degrees F (though it was forecast to be a high of 84...:rolleyes: ).

i went to the local produce auction earlier this week, and brought home: four 5 oz containers of organic baby spinach leaves for 45 cents each, a bag of three tomatoes at $1.25, four bags of those lovely maple marshmallows at 55 cents per, and nine 1 pound packages of shady brook farms ground turkey (no antibiotics, no hormones, and no additives or preservatives) for 75 cents per.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom You have another nice haul from your produce market!

The kids had us up bright and early this morning. Ms. Pepe was screaming for breakfast, Molli and Muffin went at it at the foot of the bed with much yelling and snorting, Jackie had to pee, Tabby was yelling at a bird on the catnapper in the bedroom window. It was easier to just get up and deal.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, and took all the trash out to the can. I've also made a Cherry-Almond Coffee Cake, courtesy of Cook's Country; it's in the oven as I type. Saw the recipe on FB and thought, "Hmmm, that sounds interesting." And knowing that Dear Richard likes cherries, I figured I'd try it.
  • Banking, Target, etc. this morning
  • While Rick is vacuuming the pool, I'll vacuum and do a quick Swiffer around here
  • We're visiting with friends for dinner tonight

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get a hold of the vet and discuss the email I sent him last night on Leroy's recent coughing. Tried leaving him a message with the front desk but got a rather rude unhelpful woman ("I can't make him read his emails. He'll read his emails in between patients" and pretty much hung up ):angrywoman:

Depending on what the vet says, Leroy might have to be seen today in between other patients.

Keep tinkering with my Fire tablet. It's all set up now but I don't have much on it yet. I have two free game apps and the app to download library books with. I'm reluctant to use it too much because of the smudges that cover both sides of the tablet:cringe: I have a case and screen protector and an extra charging cord and wall plug thing on order.

Status
Not open for further replies.