Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, and move a package of (i'm thinking) cotto salami to the fridge to thaw. i'll also make some rice, to go along with the Texas Hash that should be thawed for starting on tomorrow night's dinner.

i went outdoors around 10:15am, and it was already 88 degrees F!!! :thud: i will not be going outside again today.

this afternoon, i've got a couple things i want to check with my budget -- just to make sure things are moving along properly with my plans.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick changed the bed sheets and put the dirty ones in the washer. I'm back here with my morning coffee. The thunder is rolling across the sky, but no rain yet. It's a very muggy morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, general clean-up
  • Working on laundry; we have three loads this morning
  • I'll need to give myself a manicure tonight; my poor nails look terrible

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no rain here yet. :sigh: it's looking awfully dry outside. my lawn has some significant browning happening now. i'm pretty sure we're in drought here, and i know it's worse further way from the lake -- leaves on growing corn brown and curled. i won't be mowing the weeds this week (the grass isn't growing at all), but might well go over it with the weed whacker just to trim the tall thin tops of the weeds off.

today i've been outdoors, and definitely will not be going outside again -- currently 86 degrees F, and the sun beating down. :sunshine: :thud:

i've already scooped the litter boxes, made a gallon of sports drink (which is in the fridge becoming cold), spent some time with my budget, and looked over some planning. i'll wash the dishes and slice the loaf of bread, around mid afternoon or so. i've also got a few other little things to do.

after that, i'll enjoy some quiet with my cats, and watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Day 1 of the Headache from Hades. It started in last night and I didn't sleep well at all. It's on my right side and Molli likes me to sleep on my left side. She refused to come over to my right side of the bed and kept pawing at my neck to get me to roll over with her. She won.....she always wins. I have a bad headache and I'm really sleepy this morning. Mondays and I do not get along at all.

Back to work for me; Rick took the day off, lucky man. We did get rain yesterday, probably just enough to get the grass and weeds growing again. 74 this morning on my way into work at 7:15. Ick.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, and grabbed a nice, long shower. (We didn't get up in time for me to walk through the house or on the treadmill. Ms. Pepe fell down on her duty as alarm-cat. She didn't start meowing until around 6:00 this morning....almost unheard of!)
  • Meeting with an engineer this morning about a land development plan he's working on
  • Grocery shopping tonight
  • Visit with Rick's mom

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, it was 84 degrees F here already, at around 10:30am. :fear: i went outdoors, and once again will not be going outside again today. we're forecast to get rain tonight and possibly during the day tomorrow -- which i'll believe when i see it.

i looked up drought for my area yesterday, and found out that 62 point something percent of the state i live in is in drought, and 25% of the region (i'm in) of the state is currently in severe drought. :( by the look of things, if we don't get that rain tonight/tomorrow, we'll be in severe drought here too. we're currently in moderate drought, with surrounding areas all in severe drought.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and i've already done a few other little things.

i'm actually all caught up on my to do's here -- for the moment.

Winchester Winchester , is today the day that your DH will be planting the new Empress tree? if so, at least you've had some rain, to soften/loosen the soil a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes! The tree is in the basement; it came into work this morning and I took it home during my lunch break (along with my Keurig order that also came in today). Rick says he'll plant it tonight. We thought of the rain yesterday. It will make it somewhat easier to break ground. I want to get pictures of the Empress and then try to keep a record of how much it grows, since it's supposed to be such a fast grower.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got the tree planted last night. I was in bed and asleep by 8:30; the headache was really bad by that point. I still have it this morning and after I gave everybody breakfast I went back to bed until 7:00.

The only thing going on is a planning commission meeting after work, which I doubt I'll attend. I plan on going home and going to bed. I have three plans to work on today.

Need to scoop the boxes tonight.

This humidity is supposed to break tonight with some severe t-storms. I hope that happens.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Tired this morning, headache is down to a very low roar, but it's still there. We had a bit of rain yesterday and last night and that lowered the humidity a lot, thank goodness. Mollipop and Muffin went at it twice during the night, once under the bed and once on the bed. Our bed is supposed to be the Neutral Zone in the house. We've told the girls several times that they are not to bring their problems to bed. They don't listen. It's unnerving when we awaken to hisses, growls, and screams. One's as bad as the other; they're both brats. When they went at it the second time, Rick started yelling....they take Rick a little more seriously than they do me. He picked Muffin up and put her in the computer room (but didn't shut the door). Molli ran out to the living room. I turned the light out and it was quiet. Pretty soon, I heard Molli jump on the bed, followed by Muffin a couple minutes later. I told them, "First one to make any noise whatsoever is going into the computer room and that door will be shut! Stop! Just stop!" And that was all I heard til Pepe started yelling for breakfast around 4:00.
  • Breakfast for the brats, made the bed, walked around the house a bit, separated laundry, grabbed my shower. I also threw potatoes and carrots in to the bottom of a crock pot, put in the leftover beef that wasn't used in Sunday's stroganoff, added some seasonings and broth, and took the crock pot to the basement to plug it in. That's dinner tonight.
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
  • Need to add chemicals to the pool

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel better, Winchester Winchester !

today i moved several things from the freezer to the fridge to thaw, cubed half the watermellon (cubes are in a large container in the fridge, and the second half of the watermelon is wrapped and in the fridge. i have the watermelon rind, minus the peel, in a zipper bag in the fridge -- to be used to make watermelon rind jelly, soon). kitties also had 'salon day' today, claws were trimmed and treats were given to them all. :purr: i also washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, and took out the trash.

earlier this week i went to the produce auction and brought home: a 2-quart box of fresh, close to ripe tomatoes for $3.75; two cases (of six 7 ounce jars) of Jet Puffed marshmallow creme (aka, fluff) at $2 per case (last week the same went for $5 per case, which was more than i wanted to spend) -- i have plans for this, peanut butter fudge making :D ; two bags of smallish cucumbers for 35 cents each (there were so very many cucumbers this week. i waited until the last of them came up, and got them for the lowest price); and a pretty good sized seedless watermelon for $3.50. :yummy:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I wondered what you were going to do with all that Fluff! When we get chocolate marshmallow ice cream, there's never enough marshmallow in the container....that's why I keep a jar of marshmallow in the cabinet. I thought I was the only one who added marshmallow to my ice cream. Until one night, friends had come for dinner and ice cream was part of our dessert. My GF's husband saw me get the marshmallow out and add some to my ice cream. He said, "Hey! Don't forget me!" My GF said he does the same thing! GMTA (I also have a decadent whoopie pie filling that's made with marshmallow creme, not Fluff, but the creme -- although I'm not really sure what the difference is, TBH).
  • Breakfast for the kids, Rick emptied the dishwasher, told me to make my coffee and get out of his way. So I did. I'll scoop boxes when I'm finished with my coffee.
  • We have errands to run this morning. I'm thinking of taking Dear Richard out for breakfast....just because.
  • The local weather weenies are calling for t-storms. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to mow our weeds. If it does rain, I'm going to clean the house a bit.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup, i'll be making peanut butter fudge (quite a few batches and over a longer period of time) with the fluff. i had looked into making marshmallow creme using marshmallows, but that requires cream of tartar (to prevent the sugar from crystallizing) and i don't have any on hand (and don't see the need to buy it in bulk -- i don't like to buy tiny little bottles of spice at exorbitant prices). hmmm...your marshmallow creme in the whoopie pie recipe might very well be a homemade version of fluff. :think:

hey, that's smart!! :agree: adding more marshmallows to the chocolate marshmallow ice cream. i think most ice cream flavors that have added stuff to them skimp on the tasty add-ins.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and then take a look at my budget for a bit and go over some planning. i'll also be keeping a close eye on our Punky, who has had some gastro upset over the last several days -- i'm thinking it could be that she's developed some gastro sensitivity to the rescue remedy. i do think we could stop the rescue remedy, which i'll try for a few days or so, and see if that makes a difference.

after that, i'll watch something on tv while spending a quiet afternoon with my cats. :catlove:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I hope Punky feels better soon! :vibes:

We have been getting a lot of rain this weekend. I managed to get the front yard mowed yesterday before the clouds opened; that was as far as I got. And once it started, it rained the rest of the day and pretty much all night last night. Today promises more of the same....some areas are under flash flood watches. We are in for a bit of a rainy week, with t-storms pretty much every day.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher
  • Stripped the bed, working on laundry
  • Wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • We may work a bit in the basement this afternoon
I've been watching some old TV shows on Amazon Prime. Finished the first season of Frasier last night. I had never seen exactly how the show started with Martin coming to live with Frasier.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester !! our girl was zooming around like a miniature tornado this morning, happy and having fun! :D

today, i've placed an order, done some printing, and spent a little time with my budget and on some planning.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i may read and/or play computer games, then watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm glad she's doing better!

Back to work this morning. Well, I am; Rick has a vac day. They're finally coming in to measure for the shower door in the bathroom.

We have river stones on our shower floor. I didn't know if I'd like them, but it turns out I love those things. It's like a massage on my feet when I take a shower; those stones feel wonderful. Rick's not as crazy about them as I am, but he was never one to go around with bare feet. When I was a kid, I lived in bare feet.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed a shower
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • I may try to get the back yard mowed (It rained yesterday and all through last night....several areas are in flash flood warnings.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've spent some time with my budget, and turned the ac on -- forecast to get up to 84 degrees F today, though there is a reasonable chance of more rain too. i've also made a phone call.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and continue with the jigsaw puzzle i started yesterday. i'll watch some tv in the later afternoon/evening.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 5 daily goals and today was the first day in a few weeks where I did all of them. So today I exercised (ran/walked a 5K), cleaned the cat boxes, brushed my teeth, wrote, and I was on time to my commitments.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're under flash flood warnings. It's rather ugly around here. Harrisburg got about 6 inches of rain; so far, we're a little over 2, but that's just since Sunday night. Creeks are getting high and the road at work is closed; I was surprised our work driveway isn't flooded worse than it is. Rick said his route to work is closed because of the creek; he had to detour, but made it. And this is to continue into, at least, Thursday night, so say the local weather weenies. This is not normal July weather!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.25 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a quick shower
  • Must scoop boxes tonight
  • Do a quick vacuum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My post above was a typo! We've had about 7 inches of rain since Sunday, not 2! It is to rain like this until tomorrow night, but they say we're due again next week. Really weird weather for July. Just early last week, we had crunchy grass and the buckhorns had even pretty much given it up. Now we're living in a jungle. The Susquehanna should crest here at about 20 feet; flood stage for us is 18 feet, so we're going to be over that. Really, it's not that bad right around here. Yet. Next month at this time, I'll probably be posting that we need rain desperately. I swear it's feast or famine with rain.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up around the house, made the bed, sorted laundry, grabbed a (really) quick shower
  • Laundry night and trash night
  • I'm hoping for an early night

Status
Not open for further replies.