Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and possibly take the scraps bag out to the trash bin. i'll also make 3 liters of soda, and move 3 pints of milk to the fridge to thaw. i'll probably go ahead and make more sweet tea, and into a pitcher and in the fridge.

this afternoon, i'll spend some time on budgeting and planning. it's cool and comfy here today...forecast to be a high of 67 degrees F. finally, the heat/heat wave 'broke'!! :cloud9:

after that, i'll watch something......likely a documentary or movie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher while Rick stripped the bed and put fresh sheets on, sorted the laundry and started the laundry. I just threw the last load of laundry in the washer.
  • I vacuumed yesterday, but will probably do it again today; the shredding around here is unbelievable and that's even with brushing all the kids. Wipe the kitchen and bathroom down, do a bit of a Swiffer around the house. When Rick gets up from his morning nap, he'll do the litter boxes.
  • Time to trim the girls' claws and check and clean Tabby's ears.
  • If the weather holds, we'll go outside this afternoon. Honestly, though, it's really cloudy and windy. It looks like it could pour any minute; I checked TWC, though, and we are not to get showers until around 5:00.
  • Manicure tonight. My nails need a good trim and a polish!
Our heat wave broke, too; we are not to get out of the low-to-mid 70s until this Friday, when it starts to heat up again. The humidity doesn't seem that bad today either.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've pulled out my favorite recipe for ham and scalloped potatoes. i moved a pound of butter, two bags of cheddar cheese shred, and three smallish vacuum sealed pouches of thin sliced ham to the fridge to thaw -- ingredients that i'll need for making a pan of ham and scalloped potatoes! :cloud9:

i have red potatoes that could use using up, the weather is cooperating/has become cool (and is forecast to be a generally rainy week here), so i plan on baking both the ham and scalloped potatoes, and two pans of blondies -- in the one 'oven cycle'. i haven't decided (yet) whether i'll make carob chip blondies or cinnamon chip ones......or one pan of each. :think: i'll run the oven cleaner, and give the inside of the oven a good wipe down after the baking.

i spent a few minutes looking over one thing in my budget this morning too.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll do some planning for a bit too. i'll also do more looking into the two candidates in my state's primary -- they're running for congress.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh, ham and scalloped potatoes, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . You know, I have a bit of Easter ham in the freezer that needs to get used. There are Yukon golds in the basket right now. And that sounds good. Sometimes I add a bit of sliced carrots to the mix, too, just to add some veggies.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed a shower
  • Must go for groceries after work; we have no eggs, no milk, no oatmeal. The fridge is bare and the pantry's not exactly full either. Which is OK; I like to get things used up once in a while before I stock up again.
  • Scoop the boxes tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , that's a great idea, to add some sliced carrots to it! :agree:

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll peel and very thinly slice the potatoes (for the ham and scalloped potatoes), into a container with water, then into the fridge.

i've already paid a bill today, and a few minutes were spent with my budget.

i may go ahead and pre-measure the dry ingredients for the blondies too.

after that, i'll likely watch something on tv, and enjoy a cup of hot tea.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, straightened-up in the kitchen a bit
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight
  • A quick vacuum in the kitchen and living room (and probably in the computer room, too)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, empty the dishwasher, make the bed, sorted laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night
  • Meds are in at Target; I don't know if we'll get there tonight or not
Muffin spends the day in the computer room when we work; it's for her own protection as she and Molli will really get into it and it's downright ugly sometimes. If we're not there to break the two of them up, Muffin will suffer. Molli has front claws; Muffin does not.

I always give Muffin a bit of a snack of kibble. She leads the way into the room and I follow with her dish. Well, Molli decided, "What is this? Why does she get food? And what about me? Seriously?" So I started giving Molli a bit of a snack, too. Only to have Tabby show up for her share; or not....usually Tabby is sleeping on one of the kitchen chairs, but she'll awaken and wait for me to put some kibble on her chair. She doesn't even bother to get up; she just reaches over with her mouth and picks up the kibble that way....lazy thing. But that gets The Beast going for a snack, too. (Amber and Ms. Pepe are usually sleeping and they don't hear that well anymore.) So now before I can leave for work, I must take a snack back to Muffin, give Molli and Tabby a bit of a snack, and then give a Pedigreed "stick" to The Beast before I can leave the house. I can't miss anybody because it all breaks loose. The whole time I'm trying to feed the girls, The Beast is right behind me in the kitchen with her nose in my butt, trying to hurry me along. Brats.....all of them are brats!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, (didn't empty the dishwasher because Rick forgot to run it last night, so we ran it on Express this morning), made the bed, a bit of clean-up around the house, and grabbed my shower.
  • Scoop boxes, do a quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen
  • Since I inadvertently did two Penzey's orders this last time, I have way more cream of tartar, Mitchell Street Steak seasoning, and Tellicherry peppercorns than I will use in six months (even with making snickerdoodles for Dear Richard). I was talking to my BIL, who said that he'd take anything and everything I'm willing to give. I want to go through my spices cabinets and see what I can give to him. I also have some King Arthur flavorings that I think he might like.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're ready for the weekend; we don't know why, since Rick has to work on Saturday (he is not amused at all). He'll have to get up around 3:30 as they start work on Saturdays at 5:00. I'll have to get up with him to feed the kids, while he takes The Beast out for her morning pee. And that will pretty much kill his Saturday; he'll be pooped.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed my shower.
  • Target tonight for sure, since we haven't made it there yet this week
  • I may try to mow lawn tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out a bag of trash. i folded and stacked in the linen closet some bedding, and made the bed with fresh sheets, pillowcase, and blanket. my three cats also had 'salon day', aka claw trimming, with freeze dried chicken treats as a thank you for allowing me to.

i still need to move a couple portions of ham and scalloped potatoes to the fridge to thaw.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom We always give treats after trimming claws and cleaning out ears. They don't like us messing with their claws and ears, but they're more than happy to get their treats!

Rick worked OT yesterday, so while he was gone, I got all the housework done, even most of the laundry, except for the sheets. Not much in the way of housework to do today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, put the bed sheets in the washer (Rick put fresh sheets on the bed before he hit the couch for his morning nap), and scooped the boxes
  • I'm making kolaches this morning; the dough is rising as I type. We'll take some to Rick's mom tonight.
  • Spend the afternoon outside; I need to brush the pool walls down, work in the flower beds a bit.
  • Visit with Rick's mom and load some library e-books on the Nook for her.
  • Manicure tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my three feel that way too, Winchester Winchester ! :purr:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i've already spent a little time with my budget this morning.

this afternoon, i'll work on a project for a while, the planning stage.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The contractor is coming this morning to start the shower demo. :woohoo:This bathroom is the project that never ends! He's going to put the new shower in, install the new, larger window, and install the new door. We still need to order shower doors, but we have to wait til the shower has been installed, so the measurements are correct. It takes at least two weeks for the doors to get here. :sigh: Rick will be home today and tomorrow; I may need to be home on Wednesday and Thursday. It all depends on what Rick can manage with his work.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, did some general clean-up, and grabbed my shower.....that was my last shower in this shower unit. It stood us well for 32 years.
  • Dropped my library books into the drop box on my way into work, put gas into the Tucson.
  • I have a planning commission meeting tonight
  • Must grab some groceries when I get home from work
Going to be a long day today

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's excellent news, Winchester Winchester !!! :yess: it sounds like you're heading into the last part of your bathroom remodel now! :D

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i also need to move some dessert or other as well as a bag of crusty rolls to the fridge to thaw.

i've spent a little time on my budget and have done some planning, this morning.

after that, i'll watch something on tv and enjoy the rest of the day with my cats! :catlove:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom We are really excited to be nearing the finish line!

I came into work at 6:30 this morning. The guys showed up to tile the shower and I needed to get my car out of the front yard to give them room for their saw and such. Since I had to move my car, I just came in early. They had asked Rick if they could start at 6:30 this morning; Rick said that was fine because we're always up anyway. One guy showed up at 5:45 to get everything set up! When they say they want to start at 6:30, they mean it! They're hoping to be finished tomorrow. We are impressed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, and came to work.
  • Need to run some errands during my lunch hour
  • Mow lawn tonight (I think). It's not going to wait until Saturday; it will be a jungle by then.

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did dishes and cleaned my kitty's litter box/fed her.
I took a nap on the couch with my kitty
I will make myself some chocolates in a little while

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The shower is finished; the door and window are installed. He's coming in later on today to buff the floor. We have to get the moulding around the window and the new door. We have to order new shower doors; they will take about two weeks to come in, then he'll come back to install them. We're really happy with the bathroom. Rick keeps walking into the bathroom, just to look (when we first finished the kitchen reno, I used to sit at the table with my coffee and just look around :) ).

Next project: a new front door, storm door, and window above the new doors in the living room, new stair railing at the stairs, new flooring in the foyer. That will probably be sometime around late November. Craig already said they'd do the installation for us, but they have to work us into the schedule. They are really busy!
  • I'm off work today as Rick has to get into work for some union stuff going on. Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes.
  • I want to run down to this place down around Harrisburg; they carry a large variety of cement figures (that's where we got Rupert, the gargoyle who now lives in our front yard). I'm looking for a tall, thin, grey cat and this place used to carry these cats. My sister found hers there, but it's been a while ago. She's going with me.
  • Vacuum, dust, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've moved a 2-quart container of Texas Hash to the fridge to thaw (will cook some rice to add to it when it's thawed, in about 3 days), i've started on some budgeting related stuff i've got planned for today, have started on some planning (another project), and have placed an amazon subscribe & save order.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. then i'll spend some time doing the rest of the budget related stuff. after that, i'll watch some tv.

at this week's produce auction, i bought: a partial bulk bag of ground allspice (it had 2+ pounds left in it) for $1 -- i have it stored in canning jars with oxygen absorbers (so, vacuum sealed), and four 2 1/2 pound packages of Oscar Mayer smoked turkey breast cold cuts (which i vacuum sealed in 3 sandwich portions, and have in the freezer) at $3.50 per.

it's the start of strawberry season here, and there were lots and lots of fresh strawberries available at the auction, from several sellers. :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've worked on some planning, and have done some organizing and printing.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll likely make 3 more liters of soda today too. then i'll work on some other planning for a while.

after that, i'll watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our store strawberries are Buy 1, Get 1 Free right now, so we've been buying berries every week. I saw that fresh peaches were on sale, too, but when I looked at them, they were small, hard stones. I like firm peaches (nectarines and plums, too), but these were a bit on the nasty side. My favorite way to serve strawberries is just to slice them in a bowl. No sugar, nothing, just the fresh berries. Failing that, I'll make an angel food cake or a white cake and serve the berries on the side.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Must work on a grocery list so we can grab a few groceries today after work
  • Scoop the boxes tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.